Best of Japan - 8 days
- Our saving
- US $ 4,123
- Explore Tokyo
- Next stop is the scenic town of Hakone
- Explore Fuji Hakone National Park
- Go by Train to Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Local Living, Discovery, Historical
- Rather Poor
- SYSusanWritten on December 9, 20162.5 - AverageAs extensive correspondence with the tour company has stated we felt that the tour offered VERY poor value for money. The high cost was not reflected in the standard of accomodation, all entrance fees were excluded and there were very few meals included. The tour company's response was that they had high overheads reflecting back of house expenses eg training, quality control etc Also they failed to pick up at the incoming airport as promised, stating we were ''coming in early' despite the fact that flight arrangement were always the customers ' responsibility. The guide was quite good but we would never use this company again. Feel ripped offf.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Susan, Thank you again for your feedback. We are sorry that you were unhappy with our tour, which was delivered as advertised and with all associated costs detailed within our trip notes, which are fully accessible prior to departure and prior to the confirmation of your place on the tour. If you feel that this is not the case we invite you to contact us directly to discuss any outstanding issues you feel were not detailed within your documentation. Regards, On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya
- Day 3: Kamakura & the Bronze Buddha
- Day 4: Tokyo Edo Museum & Free Time
- Day 5: Mt Fuji & Lake Kawaguchi
- Day 6: Kyoto - 1000 statues of Kannon & the Geisha District
- Day 7: Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time
- Day 8: Kyoto
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Rather poor by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What hotels do you use for the "Best of Japan" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Yaesu Terminal Hotel, Tokyo
- Yamagishi Ryokan, Lake Kawaguchi
- Daiwa Roynet Shijo Karasuma Hotel, Kyoto
- Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto, Kyoto
- Vessel Hotel Campana Kyoto , Kyoto
Can I book additional nights before and after a tour with TourRadar?
Yes, you can add pre and post tour accommodations and book them through TourRadar as well.
Will there be complimentary transfers before and after the tour?
There will be complimentary arrival transfers but the departure transfer is not included. You will need to organise and pay for your own transport to the airport – the purpose of this is to offer a great price point. Your guide will still be at hand to give them all the information they require about the different options and where to catch them from.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Best of Japan - 8 days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Kyoto8 seats left$192USD $4,603Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$172USD $4,123Based on Double Room
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$192USD $4,603Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Kyoto7 seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$180USD $4,315Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Kyoto8 seats left$172USD $4,123Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 October 2018 the full payment of $4,123 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4123 for Best of Japan - 8 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 265 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,123 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,418 tours in Asia
- covered by 254 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Japan - 8 days