Best of Japan - 8 days
- Our saving
- US $ 3,821
- Explore Tokyo
- Next stop is the scenic town of Hakone
- Explore Fuji Hakone National Park
- Go by Train to Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Local Living, Discovery, Historical
- On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya
- Day 3: Kamakura & the Bronze Buddha
- Day 4: Tokyo Edo Museum & Free Time
- Day 5: Mt Fuji & Lake Kawaguchi
- Day 6: Kyoto - 1000 statues of Kannon & the Geisha District
- Day 7: Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time
- Day 8: Kyoto
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Rather poor by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- SYSusanWritten on December 9, 20162.5 - Average
As extensive correspondence with the tour company has stated we felt that the tour offered VERY poor value for money. The high cost was not reflected in the standard of accomodation, all entrance fees were excluded and there were very few meals included.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Susan, Thank you again for your feedback. We are sorry that you were unhappy with our tour, which was delivered as advertised and with all associated costs detailed within our trip notes, which are fully accessible prior to departure and prior to the confirmation of your place on the tour. If you feel that this is not the case we invite you to contact us directly to discuss any outstanding issues you feel were not detailed within your documentation. Regards, On The Go Tours
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What hotels do you use for the "Best of Japan" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Yaesu Terminal Hotel, Tokyo
- Yamagishi Ryokan, Lake Kawaguchi
- Daiwa Roynet Shijo Karasuma Hotel, Kyoto
- Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto, Kyoto
- Vessel Hotel Campana Kyoto , Kyoto
Can I book additional nights before and after a tour with TourRadar?
Yes, you can add pre and post tour accommodations and book them through TourRadar as well.
Will there be complimentary transfers before and after the tour?
There will be complimentary arrival transfers but the departure transfer is not included. You will need to organise and pay for your own transport to the airport – the purpose of this is to offer a great price point. Your guide will still be at hand to give them all the information they require about the different options and where to catch them from.
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jay3rd January 2019
Best of Japan - 8 days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$112USD $4,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$770$4,495-15%USD $3,821Based on Double Room
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Kyoto4 seats left$551$4,495-10%USD $4,046Based on Double Room
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayNov 9, 2019to Kyoto8 seats left$120USD $4,795Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 21, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$107USD $4,295Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 11, 2020to Kyoto8 seats left$112USD $4,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Kyoto7 seats left$112USD $4,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$112USD $4,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMay 16, 2020to Kyoto8 seats left$107USD $4,295Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayMay 30, 2020to Kyoto9 seats left$107USD $4,295Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with On The Go Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of On The Go Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the On The Go Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 265 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,821 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,997 tours in Asia
- covered by 857 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Japan - 8 days