Western Adventure - 17 days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,060
- Take in the splendour of Barcelona
- Wander the romantic city of Florence
- Visit Switzerland’s famous Jungfraujoch
- Explore the ‘City of Lights and Love'
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- YHYauWritten on September 7, 20172.5 - AverageThe tour walks a lot. Not good for people who cannot walk far. The tour guide is not considerate to older people. Some hotel has no lift who has to walk stairs to your room .Show detailed ratings
- KevanWritten on November 26, 20164.0 - GoodEverything was as great as we hoped it would be! Couldn't have been a better experience!Show detailed ratings
- DHDianaWritten on July 26, 20164.0 - GoodThe trips with Expat are a GREAT deal and a fantastic way to explore Europe. Our tour guide Steve and driver Dominic were excellent, accommodation provided was suitable, and the cities were phenomenal. The office staff were very warm and helpful. Overall, possibly one of the best ways to tour, especially on a budget. Looking forward to my next tour with them!Show detailed ratings
- AshWritten on December 29, 20155.0 - Excellentwas great my carriage was comfy and the tour lady was amazing 10/10Show detailed ratings
- VoulaWritten on December 5, 20154.5 - ExcellentThis tour was amazing. We got to see a lot of places in a short amount of time, yet didn't feel too rushed. This tour was part of a larger 26 day tour. Joining the group on their day 9, the tour guide does a great job of getting you right into your tour and introducing the other members. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and experienced. He had a lot of tips for each city/town we visited and really went above and beyond for whoever had any questions or concerns. I was a solo traveler and would definitely recommend to anyone. There was a wide range of ages in our group and the pace of the tour really accommodated to everyone.Show detailed ratings
- JaniceWritten on November 20, 20154.5 - ExcellentI had a marvelous time. I enjoyed all the activities that you had planned for us. I would definitely book with you again.Show detailed ratings
- SheilaWritten on June 7, 20154.5 - ExcellentBeing the tour guide for a diverse group, culture and different walks of life is certainly not an easy job. Gayle made it look easy. This is quite evident in her since, she just not enjoys doing it for a living, but she loves doing it. She has the passion for it! She always has grace under pressure and is very professional, as evidenced by a few challenging situations. In Montecatinni, the hotel didn't reserve enough rooms to accomodate all of us. There were 6 of us who were added in Rome to the Ultimate Europe tour, I guess the hotel overlooked that and we were missing 3 rooms. It was an inconvenience to drag our luggage to another hotel but at the end of the day we were given beds to sleep. Also in Barcelona we had a dinner mishap where our dinner was so delayed due to another group eating what was supposed to be ours, we ended up eating close to 11pm. Gayle had addressed all of these situation to the best of her ability. This is my first Europe tour and when the opportunity comes again to travel, I will pick Gayle again (if possible) to be my tour guide with Expat explore. She has a wealth of information for all the countries visited and she makes sure that everyone is on board the coach before leaving so nobody gets left behind, to me that's dedication.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join in Rome
- Day 2: Rome - Free day
- Day 3: Rome - Free day
- Day 4: Florence - Tuscany
- Day 5: Pisa - French Riviera
- Day 6: Monaco - French Riviera
- Day 7: Arles - Barcelona
- Day 8: Barcelona - Free day
- Day 9: Barcelona - Free day
- Day 10: Pont du Gard - Avignon
- Day 11: Geneva - Swiss Alps
- Day 12: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 13: Vaduz - Munich - Bavaria
- Day 14: Bavaria - Rhine Valley
- Day 15: Luxembourg - Paris
- Day 16: Paris - Free day
- Day 17: Paris - London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 20, 2016
Are there any luggage restrictions?
You are permitted to take one piece of main luggage with you on the coach to a maximum weight of 20kg. In addition to your main bag, you will need a small daypack for your everyday things (e.g. camera, water bottle, sun cream, hat etc.) while travelling, sightseeing or on overnight excursions. Try to keep this bag as light as possible and make sure that all main sections of your bags can be padlocked.
- June 1, 2016
Would you recommend we use bring a large back pack or just a regular suit case?
I would suggest a regular suite case, Make sure you are able to carry it as not all placed have elevators through out Europe. Please find the recommended luggage information from Expat Explore, as per their trip notes, below.
On all tours you will have to carry your own luggage (e.g. into hotels and up to your room if hotels don't have lifts). It is up to you to remember to collect all of your bags when leaving a hotel or the coach. Don't pack more than you can
comfortably carry - if you struggle to lift your bag once it is packed (and before you have bought any souvenirs), you have certainly packed too much! You will not be permitted to store luggage in the coach overnight. You are permitted take one piece of main luggage with you on the coach to a maximum weight of 20kg. If you arrive with more luggage than this you may be asked to leave it behind.
- June 1, 2016
What time does the tour end?
The coach usually returns to London at the end of the tour at approximately 6 pm, however London traffic is unpredictable and can cause delays.
We recommend when booking flights, that you book to fly the day after the tour ends.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
- "I love to travel, so this job is perfect. I get to meet passengers of all ages and from all over the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Megan5th November 2017
Western Adventure - 17 days
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Rome17 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to London6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,765$4,055-44%USD $2,290
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Rome17 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,995$4,055-49%USD $2,060
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Rome17 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,675$4,055-41%USD $2,380
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Rome17 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $4,055Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from Rome17 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to London6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,995$4,055-49%USD $2,060
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Rome17 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $4,055Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Rome17 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,675$4,055-41%USD $2,380
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Rome17 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to London6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,995$4,055-49%USD $2,060
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from Rome17 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,675$4,055-41%USD $2,380
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Rome17 DaysWednesdayOct 17, 2018to London4 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $1,675$4,055-41%USD $2,380
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroItaly , France , Spain , Germany and Luxembourg
- FrancSwitzerland and Liechtenstein
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Rome is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $2,060 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2060 for Western Adventure - 17 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 94 km
- Tuscany (Italy)
- 97 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 252 km
- Nice (France)
- 212 km
- Arles (France)
- 325 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 357 km
- Avignon (France)
- 271 km
- Geneva (Switzerland)
- 147 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,060 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Adventure - 17 days