Eastern Adventure - 13 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,575
- Rather Poor
- DADanteWritten on May 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything was great.Show detailed ratings
- AlexiusWritten on October 20, 20172.0 - Rather poorsome of the accommodation was acceptable, some wasn't. Either very small and accommodation to far out from any attractions. A lot of animosity of other passengers toward others, as one passenger and her partner had seats on their own though out the trip and same couple drinking alcohol on the bus even with them pushing in to take other seats even though a rotation was meant to occur. The guide just over looked this. Been told different thing that that where to happen and didn't by the tour leader. Toilet on the bus not operationally a lot of the time and with no water, Toilet dumped while passengers on the bus, with the smell going thought-out and one passenger vomiting . I thought the tips were included in the price of the tour, as stated on the tour information, but the guide leader requested tips for him and the driver. Disappointed i must say of the tour.Show detailed ratings
- SeptemberWritten on August 24, 20171.0 - BadI would light my money on fire before taking another Expat tour! I left my 13 day tour on day 4. I could write five pages of why NOT to do Expat tour but will mention only a few of the "lowlights" as there were NO "highlights"! Tour "leader" Leisha, is just that. Drug our group of 51 people around to the most crowded busiest time of day sights. And advised us we had x number of minutes ( sometimes as little as 30 to 40) to look around. I would be lucky to use the loo, buy some water and MAYBE take a few pictures, or I could forgo food for shopping. They will "leave you behind" if you don't get back to the bus at the exact minute, unless you are "special" to the tour LEADER Our first stop they waited over 20 minutes for two people making us miss our reserved chunnel time and putting everythng behind schedule. In other words cutting our stops that were short even shorter! The most unbelievable and unexpected news was that we could NOT use the toilet on the bus unless it was an absolute emergency. And then no number two allowed. After 4 days of riding around on a bus for up to 11 hours a day, with one stop almost 6 hours apart I got tired of eating crappy expensive truck stop food, buying water and paying a fortune to use the loo. I never saw the tour LEADER or bus driver in those lines at the loo. Makes me wonder where they went!......i use the word LEADER as nothing more than someone who takes up the best two seats in the front of the tour bus, (easier ride for her not sitting in her designated jump seat) and reading stupid information over the loudspeaker for hours on end.... Uh I know about WWII. I am not in middle school. Hello! And at a deafing loud volume. If she wasn't babbling in the mike, she played loud music that my teenagers listen to. Awful. I think I took over 30 tylenol in 4 of the most tortuous days of my life. When i left the tour on the 4th day, ( good thng as they didnt have enough luggage space and complained about it and started threatening to leave sone behind!) i flew down to my sons place who resides in Italy. He took one look at me and we went to the hospital. Dr said four days of not enogh water, poor eating and not peeing enough, combned with my hgh cholesteral and hormone pills had stressed my kidneys. By the way, water is SOLD on the bus for 1 Euro per bottle. Considering I saw the bus driver buying a couple cases one day at an average of .25 a bottle! Then you can pay to pee it out too! Also no hot, or "smelly" food allowed on the bus. Is there food that doesn't smell??? We were told not to recline our seat, its rude to the person behind you. The cheapest worst airlne coach seat is more comfortable and has more room than their bus seats. And dont close the curtain even though you are broilng in the hot sun as the police for some reason will pull them over and "check" them. Hmmm. Problems before with the police??? And a last note about the rooms.... My 'roomate" was obnoxious and drank a bottle of whiskey every night in our room. She also took up every available inch with her stuff she could. As a result my suitcase was always on the floor by the door. The hotels are FAR out. To go into town you must take transportation. $$, average price for the rooms we had was 49. On booking .com. I'm sure they got a much better deal with 50 plus people. My advice, buy good tour book. Decde what is important for you to see. Book your hotels near your desired attractions and buy tickets online when you get to your hotel , and spring for the few extra dollas for the skip the line and small guided tour of the attraction ( 10 to 12 people) and use all day bus passes or the trains. And you CAN use the loo on the trains, and they have really good food, comfortable seats and you can walk around and strech your legs. Thats what I did to salvage my visit after i had hydrated up and eaten some decent food. This tour company must be making a FORTUNE. I stayed at nicer places, shopped all i wanted, and ate some truly awesome food for a little less than what they were chargng per day! Thinking of starting a travel company myself Happy Travels and Good Luck with EXPAT!Show detailed ratings
- RReazWritten on July 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentExcellent trip and well organised. Good hotels and safe bus driving. Amazing guide Shae and extremely skillful driver Bill. Compared to the price we paid, it was not even possible for us if we had done this ourselves if we stayed in those hotels and visited those spots. I checked it in fact. Highly recommending this tour company. Every minutes they utilized thoughtfully. Im a person dont even walk 10 steps and i walked a lot just because it was so interesting. Thanks. Joyee, Snigdha and Reaz.Show detailed ratings
- KathyWritten on June 17, 20173.0 - AverageExpat tour showed me many experiences & different countries in a very fast & rushed way. It was fun, but be prepared the accomodation is very basic & doesn't always meet individual needs.Show detailed ratings
- AyalaWritten on September 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI enjoyed the tour very much, almost all was perfect. Most of the guides, were very good, but for one, which I felt was rude and I thought not so informative. The rest of the time, I think that the guides were very good. I thought the hotels were very good, but for some issues with internet here and there. Breakfast everywhere were very good. The evening meals paid for by the company were also good, in a way to taste the local food, is the best way. Enjoyed the evening/dinner cruise in Amsterdam very much. I will thoroughly recommend Grace our tour guide, she was great, very professional and friendly. Her knowledge of the places we visited, the history, etc, was very good. I learned a lot from her and looking at the sights, it brought that to reality. I enjoyed the tour very much in every way. I must add that the driver was very competent and a very nice man, a real gentleman. Thank you very much. Thank you so much for the great adventure. The tour was great, very well organised.Show detailed ratings
- ATAmeliaWritten on August 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time on this trip! The countries we saw were beautiful, and Laura (tour leader) and Paulo (driver) did an amazing job getting us around! The only downside was it was only 13 days-I'm already looking forward to going back and seeing more!Show detailed ratings
- GHGretelWritten on July 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing, made lifetime friends from all over the world. Steve was amazing, made the tour fun, exciting and still learned few things about the countries we visited.Show detailed ratings
- HollyWritten on July 16, 20154.5 - ExcellentThe tour was awesome, visited so many places in such a short period of time, definitely value for money. Most of the hotels were nice, locations near transportation. They provided a lot of things to do in the days, walking tours and tourist stuff, I ticked everything off my bucket list! The coach was new, clean and comfortable, and the tour guide (Jamie) was really fun and helpful 24/7.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London - Bruges - Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam - Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin
- Day 5: Dresden - Prague
- Day 6: Prague - Free day
- Day 7: Bratislava - Vienna
- Day 8: Ljubljana - Venice
- Day 9: Venice - Free day
- Day 10: Venice - Rome
- Day 11: Rome - Free day
- Day 12: Rome - Free day
- Day 13: End of Tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this tour wheelchair compatible?
Unfortunately the tour can't accommodate a wheelchair on the bus as it includes a lot of walking.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
What kind of accomodation is included in the tour price?
This tour includes12 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
Do I have to join the tour in London or can I meet the tour somewhere else?
Yes, if you book the tour and need to start somewhere else you can just let us know and we can let the tour organiser know. Please bare in mind the cost of the total tour will not change even if you choose to start later or finish early.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mair, 59 years old26th September 2018
Eastern Adventure - 13 days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- MondayApr 29, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to RomeOnly 1 seat left$740$2,360-31%USD $1,620
- MondayMay 13, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Rome4 seats left$510$2,360-22%USD $1,850
- MondayMay 27, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Rome4 seats left$570$2,360-24%USD $1,790
- MondayJun 10, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$630$2,360-27%USD $1,730
- MondayJun 24, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$755$2,360-32%USD $1,605
- MondayJul 8, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$785$2,360-33%USD $1,575
- MondayJul 22, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$785$2,360-33%USD $1,575
- MondayAug 5, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$785$2,360-33%USD $1,575
- MondaySep 2, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$755$2,360-32%USD $1,605
- MondaySep 16, 2019from London13 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$785$2,360-33%USD $1,575
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroBelgium , Netherlands , Germany , Slovakia , Austria , Slovenia , Italy and Vatican City (Holy See)
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,575 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1575 for Eastern Adventure - 13 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 235 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 173 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 577 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 165 km
- Dresden (Germany)
- 118 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 291 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 278 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 183 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,575 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Adventure - 13 days