Northern Thailand Hilltribes Trek
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 12 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Chiang Mai
- Day 2 Chiang Mai/Ban Pha Mon (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 3 Ban Pha Mon/Ban Muang Pam (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 4 Ban Muang Pam/Ban Jabo (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 5 Ban Jabo/Chiang Mai (1B)
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CSCarolin· March 3rd, 2023It was just a great trip. Although it was definitely a challenge to hike in the heat of the day through the jungle and the accommodations took some getting used to, the memories created on this trip with the locals and the other people on the tour will... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Carolin - Thanks for taking the time to send through your feedback! We really appreciate it and can't wait to have you back.Trip date: February 2023
- Brooke· December 28th, 2022This was such a fantastic trip! Unforgettable memories and scenery. Ronny, our guide, kept things moving along smoothly and took care of everyone’s needs. I can’t gush enough about the experience. Bring layers, gets cold at night in the mountains!G Adventures commented on this reviewHi Brooke! Thanks so much - Can't wait to have you back.Trip date: December 2022
- SKSamantha· December 16th, 2022Ronnie is amazing! Absolutely the best host and lead you could ask for. Funny, fun and enjoys what he does. Very knowledgeable and just all around amazing. Wish I could give me stars!!G Adventures commented on this reviewHi Samantha! Thanks for the kind words about Ronnie - We sincerely appreciate it.Trip date: November 2022
- NSNathan· July 12th, 2022Phenomenal tour and an ever better tour guide. Spending time in the villages is extremely humbling and an unforgettable experience.G Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nathan, Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated.Trip date: July 2022
- ANg Leng· June 28th, 2022Perfect itinerary,Trip date: June 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- VGVladimir· December 20th, 2019nice tour, interesting peopleTrip date: December 2019
- JEJoseph· July 4th, 2019Fantastic trip and an unforgettable experience! Food was lovely and plenty of it and the local guides were incredible (Rangsee definitely could be given more jobs higher up as was particularly exceptional and a real character!). Finally, Ronny, our... Show moreTrip date: June 2019
- JEJoseph· July 4th, 2019Fantastic tour with incredible local guides and the best tour leader (Ronny)! Home cooked food was fantastic and we never went hungry! Overall an unforgettable experience for the right reasons!G Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy to hear it - thanks Joseph!Trip date: June 2019
- SAshawn· June 21st, 2019Yr itinerary was deceiving ..it read a day pack (small) with a vehicle back up to carry extra fresh clothing. Samart gave us a bigger day back pack...G Adventures commented on this reviewApologies for the confusion Shawn - thanks for sharing.Trip date: June 2019
- TGTessa· May 26th, 2019Great experience - very nice group og people and unique homestays, meals and interactions with local villagers. I only wish it had included more walking and less 'resting'G Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Tessa. Glad you enjoyed the physical aspect of this trip.Trip date: May 2019
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Thursday8 Jun, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023English$399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday15 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023English$399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday29 Jun, 2023Monday3 Jul, 2023English$399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday6 Jul, 2023Monday10 Jul, 2023English$399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday13 Jul, 2023Monday17 Jul, 2023English$399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday20 Jul, 2023Monday24 Jul, 2023English$399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday3 Aug, 2023Monday7 Aug, 2023English$399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday10 Aug, 2023Monday14 Aug, 2023English$399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday17 Aug, 2023Monday21 Aug, 2023English$3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday24 Aug, 2023Monday28 Aug, 2023English$399$2990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where does this tour end?
The tour ends after breakfast on the last day of the tour at the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel (accommodation subject to change) in Chiang Mai.
- I would be arriving late that night is this ok?
The adventure begins in the evening of your first day. It is considered only as arrival day so arriving late at night would be no problem. You may miss the group meeting that is held that night however it's not a disaster if you miss it. We will just need to inform G Adventures that you will be a little late checking in that night.
- Is airport pickup provided by the tour?
The tour price does not include transfers. However, it can be arranged at an additional cost once the tour is booked and confirmed.
- Hi, I wanted to know if we will be carrying out backpack/luggage during the trek in the jungle or is there is transport available for carrying the luggage village to village.
There will be transport available for carrying the luggage village to village. During the trek your local guides will prepare all meals and carry food supplies, so you will only need a day pack/bag to carry water and a camera etc.
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F. As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F.
- Type AThailand
- Type BThailand
- Type CThailand
- Type EThailand
- Type FThailand
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 19th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 19th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Thailand
- Thailand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Two-Week / 14 Days Thailand Itineraries 2023/2024
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Thailand from Chiang Mai
- Thailand Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 5 days Thailand
- Operators in Asia
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia
- Chiang Mai
- Northern Thailand Hilltribes Trek Tours in Thailand
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Northern Thailand
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia
- Chiang Mai
- Thailand tours