The Best of Eastern Europe
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 12 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Experience the Eastern European culture and history
- Visit Prague, savour local food and taste Czech beer
- Stroll the streets of Vienna and visit famous museums
- See Rynek Główny, Europe’s largest medieval square
- Day 1 Berlin
- Day 2 Berlin (1B)
- Day 3 Berlin/Krakow (1B)
- Day 4 Krakow (1B)
- Day 5 Krakow (1B)
- Day 6 Krakow/Prague (1B)
- Day 7-8 Prague (2B)
- Day 9 Prague/Český Krumlov (1B)
- Day 10 eský Krumlov/Vienna (1B)
- Day 11 Vienna (1B)
- Day 12 Vienna/Budapest (1B)
- Day 13 Budapest (1B)
- Day 14 Budapest (1B)
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Paul· April 30th, 2023Walking tours were as boring as b*********, I don’t think people decide to go on tours to receive a University lecture! Also, being coeliac, I was constantly encouraged to have dinner with tour group even though menus were unsuitable and when I knew... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to learn that your experience did not meet with your expectations. Please know that I hear you and I've passed your feedback on to our operations team to review for future departures.Trip date: April 2023
- DHDavid· December 14th, 2022Very well planned and organized. CEO was round-the-clock attentive to the trip and each individual. Lodgings were excellent and well selected geographically. My only criticism would be that the name of the tour should be Central and not Eastern Europe.... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHi David, Thanks for your constructive feedback- much appreciated!Trip date: November 2022
- Israel· October 16th, 2022The tour was great due to a large part by our tour guide Sandra. She was on top of all situations and made the extra effort to accommodate us. As stated in other reviews the hotel in Budapest is below standard due to not having ac. As it is in the... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Israel! Thanks for the kind words about Sandra and constructive feedback about accommodation. Much appreciated.Trip date: October 2022
- Alexandra· September 26th, 2022Jutta was a wonderful CEO. She shepherded us along each step of the journey. We learned about the rich culture of each eastern European destination. It was a wonderful adventure.G Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alexandra - it's great to hear how wonderful Jutta is! Thanks so much.Trip date: August 2022
- JJJennifer· September 25th, 2022This was a well organised and well led tourG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jennifer! Thanks so much :)Trip date: September 2022
- ALAndrea· July 27th, 2022The entire experience was smooth starting from the initial selection and pre-travel preparation. Anytime I had a question, Tourradar was available to assist. I enjoyed my travels and would highly recommend Tourradar.G Adventures commented on this reviewHi Andrea, So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in Eastern Europe!Trip date: July 2022
- Deb· July 24th, 2022A well organised varied and interesting tour . The tour leader was delightful and aimed to please everyone. A variety of travel modes . Felt safe well cared for and accommodated Our tour group were all friendly and supportiveG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Deb! Thanks for your positive feedback. Much appreciated.Trip date: July 2022
- AEdward Gifford· June 30th, 2022I had taken this tour before and this time I felt that the overall service level was lower.Trip date: June 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- AMichael Mcardle· June 26th, 2022Very interesting, we learned so much history.Trip date: June 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- AShelley Dehart· June 20th, 2022This was my first, certainly not my last trip with G-Adventures. I enjoyed the travel style and small group setting with an awesome CEO! The Best of Eastern Europe was a perfect introduction to traveling "solo". Well paced, comfortable, and exciting!Trip date: April 2022Review collected by G Adventures
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday9 Jul, 2023Saturday22 Jul, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,999
- Sunday16 Jul, 2023Saturday29 Jul, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,999
- 1 Other Unavailable Departure
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday23 Jul, 2023Saturday5 Aug, 2023English$2,999
- Sunday6 Aug, 2023Saturday19 Aug, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,999
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday20 Aug, 2023Saturday2 Sep, 2023English$2,999Book With Flexibility
- Sunday27 Aug, 2023Saturday9 Sep, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,999
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Sep, 2023Saturday16 Sep, 2023English$3,0990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Sep, 2023Saturday23 Sep, 2023English$3,0990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday13 Sep, 2023Tuesday26 Sep, 2023English$3,0990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday17 Sep, 2023Saturday30 Sep, 2023English$3,0990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum (or similar) in Budapest. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time, however, G Adventures recommends booking post-accommodation to experience all this city has to offer. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Hotel Ibis Berlin Ostbahnhof (or similar) in Berlin anytime during the day. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group at 6 pm. Please be aware that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available for this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way from and to the airports. If you arrive at Tegel Airport, you can take the TXL airport bus to Hauptbahnhof or Alexanderplatz and then take the tram 27 or 7 from there to Ostbahnhof. If you arrive at Schönefeld Airport, you can buy an ABC ticket and take a train to Ostbahnhof. For your departure, there are several taxi companies that offer flat-rate fares to the airport.
- What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
East Side Gallery Visit Along Berlin Wall. Price: Free
Berlin Wall Memorial. Price: Free
Checkpoint Charlie Museum Visit. Price: 13EUR per person
Brandenburg Gate Visi. Price: Free
Judisches Museum Visit. Price: 8EUR per person
Reichstag Visit. Price: Not advised
Television Tower (Fernsehturm) Visit. Price: 13-23EUR per person
German Historical Museum. Price: 8EUR per person
Pergamon Museum. Price: 12EUR per person
Schloss Charlottenburg Palace. Price: 10EUR per person
Wieliczka Salt Mines Visit. Price: 79PLN per person
Old Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz). Price: Not advised
Horse and Carriage Ride. Price: Not advised
Wawel Royal Castle. Price: 3PLN per person
Bar Mleczny (Milk Bar) Meal. Price: Not advised
Rynek Underground Museum. Price: 19PLN per person
Prague Castle (Hradčany) Visit. Price: 250-350CZK per person
Kafka Museum. Price: 200CZK per person
Mucha Museum. Price: 240CZK per person
Charles Bridge Visit. Price: Free
Museum of Communism. Price: 150CZK per person
Old Town Visit. Price: Not advised
Prague Ghetto (Josefov/Jewish Quarter) Visit. Price: 10-20EUR per person
Petřín Hill Hike. Price: Free-30CZK per person
Letná Beer Garden Visit. Price: Free-3EUR per person
Old Town Hall and Clock Tower. Price: 110-440CZK per person
Jewish Synagogue Český Krumlov Visit. Price: Free
Rafting Cesky Krumlov. Price: Not advised
Guided Ghost Story Walk. Price: 250CZK per person
BikingČeský Krumlov. Price: 5-10EUR per person
Belvedere Gallery Visit. Price: 19EUR per person
Hotel Sacher Visit and dessert. Price: 30-50EUR per person
Saint Stephen's Cathedral Visit. Price: Free
Vienna Boys' Choir Visit. Price: 35EUR per person
Vienna State Opera House Visit. Price: 8EUR per person
View Lipizzaner Horses at Spanish Riding School of Vienna. Price: 14EUR per person
Buda Castle Visit. Price: 1500HUF per person
Thermal Baths Visit. Price: 4200-5000HUF per person
Hungarian State Opera House. Price: 2900HUF per person
Chain Bridge Budapest. Price: Free
Great Market Hall Visit. Price: Free
Parliament Building Visit. Price: 5200HUF per person
Hungarian National Museum. Price: 1600HUF per person
Budapest Bike Tour. Price: 28EUR per person
Danube River Cruise. Price: Not advised
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- What is the age range?
This tour has an age range of 12-70 years old. This means that children under the age of 12 are unable to participate in this tour. There is no upper age limit on this tour, however, those above a certain age will be required to fill out a G-Adventures self-assessment form.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
If you are a solo traveller on this tour and you don't mind sharing, you will be roomed in twin or multi-share accommodation with fellow travellers of the same gender. However, if you prefer your own private room, this can be arranged at an additional cost. Please contact our customer support team for more information.
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. This is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Hotel Ibis Berlin Ostbahnhof (or similar)
Globtroter (or similar)
Hotel Olsanka (or similar)
Hotel Old Inn (or similar)
Magdas Hotel (or similar)
Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum (or similar)
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- Do I need a visa?
As a tour booking website, TourRadar cannot organise visas for you on your behalf as the visa requirements are regularly being updated and vary for the nationality of one traveller to the next. It is for this reason that we recommend checking with your local embassy or consulate website for the latest up to date information.
- What is the average group size of this tour?
This tour offers a small group experience with maximum 16 and an average of 12 travellers.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Good to Know
- EuroAustria and Germany
- Czech KorunaCzech Republic
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CAustria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Poland
- Type EAustria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Poland
- Type FAustria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Poland
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis - Recommended for Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 24th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 24th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Europe
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2023/2024
- Best 4 week Europe Itineraries [Train, Cruises & More]
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Europe from Berlin
- Europe In-depth Cultural
- 14 days Europe
- From Berlin to Budapest
- Operators in Europe
- The Best of Eastern Europe Tours in Central Europe
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Central Europe Tours
- Europe Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Germany tours
- Poland tours
- Czech Republic tours
- Austria tours
- Hungary tours