The Best of Eastern Europe
- Our saving
- US $ 2,124
- Board a train bound for Warsaw
- Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial
- Walk through the magical city of Prague
- Raft on the Vltava River
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- LarryWritten on December 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentI've been on several tours, all of them very good. This was the best, easily. Great itinerary - very interesting stops, excellent balance of scheduled activities and free time. The standard of accommodation was higher than I expected - no complaints whatsoever. All topped off with the best CEO ever - knowledgeable, well organised, patient and witty.Show detailed ratings
- KOKevinWritten on September 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was exactly what we wanted. Our wonderful tour guide took us safely from city to city (the most difficult part) and taught us how to get around in those cities. We had time to explore the cities and then catch up with the group each night over dinner. The only thing to improve it would be another day in Budapest. Overall it was exactly what we had hoped for. Accommodation was really good. In particular the place in Krakow was brilliant, we loved being in an old guest house in the old city!Show detailed ratings
- JFJamesWritten on September 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was great. Nothing comes to mind that could have been improved. Our CEO(ester) could not have been more helpful, particularly with medical help when needed! THANKSShow detailed ratings
- MmonicaWritten on August 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentLoved the adven! Umut, the guide for this tour was very professional, organized, and very helpful in making sure everyone received the information needed. Two of the hotels didn't have air conditioning and it was hot!Show detailed ratings
- CDCorinneWritten on August 14, 20173.0 - AverageThis tour tends to cater to people in their 20s and 30s. The hotels are just above Hostels and there are at times periods of 15 to 20 minutes of walking your luggage between modes of public transportation to and from hotels. Travelers who tend to prefer hotels with A/C during summer months and additional trip support should not travel using G Adventures. I joined the tour based on the itinerary, but should have planned this trip independently to book more comfortable hotels in better neighborhoods.Show detailed ratings
- KAKarenWritten on August 5, 20173.5 - GoodMy tour was good. I didn't know what to expect because this was my first tour with G Adventures. I enjoyed every city we visited on the tour and the free time to be able to book my own tours based on what I wanted to see. I was not fond of the hotel selections made by G Adventures; they seemed to be more budget hotels. I'd prefer to pay a little more & stay in nicer rooms. At bare minimum I would like to have a safe in my room to secure valuables. My guide, Nick, was very helpful throughout the tour. He made lots of calls to confirm all the tours my friend & I booked through online websites (Viator & City-Discovery).Show detailed ratings
- SNSharonWritten on June 5, 20174.0 - GoodMostly as expected. Good intro to central Europe with a capable guide.Show detailed ratings
- Kate LWritten on January 2, 20173.0 - AverageI did enjoy parts of this trip but it was not what I expected at all. If you're thinking of booking it I would say save money and book it directly yourself. The whole point in an organised tour for me is that I don't have to think of what I need to do and research each area in depth, as the tour would provide a guide and a structure. The tour guide on this tour could only be described as a chaperone. The chaperone although on personal level very nice, he did not speak any of the languages of the countries we went to and had limited knowledge outside of basic directions. Positives - You cover a lot of cities if you do the appropriate research you will see a lot. All trains were very pleasant. Warsaw Local guide and Auschwitz tour guide were brilliant. With the exception of Berlin, all hotels were well located. Could be better if - Tour structure - this tour needed less free days and more structure. I've never done so much research for filling my time on an organised tour. It ruined my trip. Group size - 17 was too many. I would suggest 12 is enough. Dining - Less group dinners and reservations should have been booked at a restaurant as far in advanced as possible. The chaperone should ask all diners to pay the restaurant individually rather than as a group as contributions were often shorten. I'd say I'm at least down £30 because of just paying a little bit extra. Time of year - I would suggest that gadverntures don't run this tour over Christmas/New Year. Due to all the free days and little suggestions of that can be done, I ended up booking 15 tickets on my credit card for a show (so we would have something organised for Christmas Day)and asking for the cash back. Which I had to accept in euros now I have 500€ in cash which I either need to exchange back to my currency and lose money or keep hold of it on the off chance I might use it. Transfers - The orientation in Berlin walk included train rides 7€ it would be much easier if gadventures arranged this for people and handed out tickets to everyone rather than booking myself. Suitably sized transfers should also be included in the price, it was odd that sometimes we walked from the train station to the hotel and the next we would be cramped into a taxi and reimbursed. In Warsaw the guide ended up buy and 1.5hr ticket "just in case" we lost the 24 hour ticket we brought- such a waste of money. I also noted that two of the transfers were supposed to be by train but were by bus instead. Weather - If the group is going on a long walking tour outside it would beneficial to tell them to dress up. A lot of the people on the tour were not suitably dress for a two hour outdoor tour and they weren't aware of duration. The local guide in Warsaw insisted he would not start unless people had a hat on.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time here Kate - I can see you put a lot of thought into that. I am sorry things did not go as smoothly as you (and us) might have hoped.
- LMLindaWritten on December 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was such a great trip! Being a bit older I was just as a bit worried about being too slow plus a bit not included. This was never the case. The CEO was brilliant in every way...diplomatic with all personality types, knowledgeable, helpful and funny! The destinations were just great with just enough time in each place. I will most definitely do more tours with G Adventures! Having a full time CEO makes travelling easy! All the customers have to do is have fun!Show detailed ratings
- JLJeremyWritten on August 29, 20163.5 - GoodWas a great experience with great people and an awesome tour leaderShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Berlin
- Day 2 Berlin (1B)
- Day 3 Berlin/Krakow (1B)
- Days 4-5 Krakow
- Day 5 Krakow (1B)
- Day 6 Krakow/Prague (1B)
- Days 7-8 Prague
- Day 9 Prague/Český Krumlov (1B)
- Day 10 Český Krumlov/Vienna (1B)
- Day 11 Vienna (1B)
- Day 12 Vienna/Budapest (1B)
- Day 13 Budapest (1B)
- Day 14 Budapest (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Does this tour include Auchwitz?
Yes, on Days 5-6 you will explore charming Krakow. Visit Auschwitz on for a sobering look at the region's history.
- December 1, 2016
What is the average group size of this tour?
This tour offers a small group experience with maximum 16 and an average of 12 travellers.
- December 1, 2016
Can a pre/post accommodation be arranged?
We can always request the pre and post accommodation from the tour operator.This can also be done after the booking is made and confirmed.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Doris3rd February 2018
The Best of Eastern Europe
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Budapest0 seats left$62USD $2,499
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Budapest10+ seats left$62USD $2,499
- SundayMay 20, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Budapest8 seats left$62USD $2,499
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Budapest10+ seats left$428$2,499-15%USD $2,124
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Budapest4 seats left$428$2,499-15%USD $2,124Book Now Hold my
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Budapest10+ seats left$62USD $2,499
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$428$2,499-15%USD $2,124
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Budapest8 seats left$62USD $2,499
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Austria and Slovakia
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 May 2018 the full payment of $2,124 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2124 for The Best of Eastern Europe, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 517 km
- Warsaw (Poland)
- 334 km
- Zakopane (Poland)
- 85 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 394 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 142 km
- Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)
- 166 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 55 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 161 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,124 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Best of Eastern Europe