The Best of Eastern Europe
- Our saving
- US $ 1,954
- Experience the Eastern European culture and history
- Visit Prague, savour local food and taste Czech beer
- Stroll the streets of Vienna and visit famous museums
- See Rynek Główny, Europe’s largest medieval square
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Berlin
- Day 2: Berlin (1B)
- Day 3: Berlin/Kraków (1B)
- Day 4: Kraków (1B)
- Day 5: Kraków (1B)
- Day 6: Kraków/Prague (1B)
- Days 7-8: Prague (2B)
- Day 9: Prague/Český Krumlov (1B)
- Day 10: Český Krumlov/Vienna (1B)
- Day 11: Vienna (1B)
- Day 12: Vienna/Budapest (1B)
- Day 13: Budapest (1B)
- Day 14: Budapest (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ArisWritten on July 19, 20194.0 - Good
The tour was great, with Errina being attentive and helpful throughout the tour. Only negative comments would be that it is hard to get from stations to hotels dragging luggage over cobblestone roads or in public transport during busy periods of the day.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Aris - our apologies about being in Cesky Krumlov on a Tuesday and the castle being closed. We will look to adjust this moving forward. Thanks for helping us to get better at what we do.Review collected by G Adventures
- LynetteWritten on June 22, 20194.0 - Good
Overall the tour was good, however there were occasions when the tour guide walked so quickly some of the group struggled to keep up, particularly those with minor walking troubles. Didn't always tell us as a group where we were headed risking seperation... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review and the suggestions Lynette.Review collected by G Adventures
- MLMichelleWritten on May 13, 20195.0 - Excellent
Guide was great will recommend and would luv to do it againShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAnd we would love to see you again soon Michelle. Thank you.
- ChristopherWritten on December 21, 20184.5 - Excellent
This was my first tour and I thought it was a fantastic experience. Our Ceo, Summer, made everyone feel welcome and really made the trip that much better for everybody. The travel day to Poland was very long and might benefit from a midpoint stop off all... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAnd we look forward to having you travel with us again Christopher! Thanks for your review!
- TLTengTongWritten on October 24, 20184.0 - Good
It is a good tour to Eastern EunropeShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you!
- CarlaWritten on October 11, 20184.0 - Good
It was a great way to see the highlights of eastern Europe in a very stress free manner!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing to hear - thanks for the review Carla.
- GGaryTealWritten on October 9, 20183.5 - Good
Best tour guide ever, very thoughtful. He made us feel like familyShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Gary, we appreciate it!
- PSPriyankaWritten on September 11, 20184.0 - Good
Amazing trip.. loved it. Will book with GA Adventure again in future. Will recommend to my friends.. thanks!!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWe look forward to seeing you again soon also! Thanks for the review, and thanks for choosing to see the world with us.
- TerryWritten on August 20, 20184.5 - Excellent
A great tour of Eastern Europe with G Adventures. A good itinerary in each country visited. Nice comfortable accommodations close to area attractions and transportation hubs. A very experienced ceo guiding us along making sure we experienced a great travel... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the review here - so happy you enjoyed it. Love your photos attached...makes me wanna go!
- WPWaltonWritten on July 19, 20184.0 - Good
Great trip. Learned a lot.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for reviewing. This is one of my favorite regions glad you liked it too!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum (or similar) in Budapest. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time, however, G Adventures recommends booking post-accommodation to experience all this city has to offer. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Hotel Ibis Berlin Ostbahnhof (or similar) in Berlin anytime during the day. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group at 6 pm. Please be aware that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available for this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way from and to the airports. If you arrive at Tegel Airport, you can take the TXL airport bus to Hauptbahnhof or Alexanderplatz and then take the tram 27 or 7 from there to Ostbahnhof. If you arrive at Schönefeld Airport, you can buy an ABC ticket and take a train to Ostbahnhof. For your departure, there are several taxi companies that offer flat-rate fares to the airport.
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Svetlana17th February 2019
The Best of Eastern Europe
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Budapest8 seats left$550$2,499-20%USD $1,999
- WednesdayAug 28, 2019from Berlin14 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$62USD $2,499
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Berlin14 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to Budapest7 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundaySep 8, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$60USD $2,399
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Budapest6 seats left$394$2,299-15%USD $1,954Instant BookHold my
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Berlin14 DaysSaturdayNov 30, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$394$2,299-15%USD $1,954Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 26 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 26 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Berlin (Germany)
- 530 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 394 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 142 km
- Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)
- 166 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,954 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,033 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Best of Eastern Europe