6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 1,857
- +21 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Discover Iceland's famous Golden Circle
- Trek past icebergs in Jökulsárlón
- Go whale watching in Dalvík
- Relax in Deildartunguhver's hot spring
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- BBridieWritten on March 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI do not know where to begin writing this review, after three months solo travelling this was the perfect way to end my trip and the best week of the last three months. I knew going into this tour that February was not ideal the best month to visit Iceland however I went in with an open mind and ready for anything. I was always the skeptic when it came to group tours however this tour has completely changed my mind. Iceland as a country is breath taking and beyond phenomenal, and without gong on a tour I wouldn’t have seen as much as we did. The weather the first few days was not ideal which was to be expected but also meant a few of our activities such as the Glacier Hike and Ice Cave Tour couldn’t go ahead, however our Tour Guide Adolf organised extra activities for us to do including visiting a traditional Icelandic farm with horses and sheep. Adolf was a superb guide, friendly, outgoing and somebody who you could tell really enjoyed their job, even taking us to a lot of “off the beaten track” places and those that only locals tend to frequent. There aren’t enough words or the right words to describe how truly amazing this country is and all it has to offer. Being a solo traveller also I was unsure about the age demographic of the group before it began however I was pleasantly surprised and made some awesome friends from all over the world. The standard of the tour was fantastic, there is not one thing I could fault about it. The accomodation exceeded my expectations - a few had hot tubs where we could chill at night and have a few drinks underneath the Northern Lights. The staff at every place we visited an every hotel was of a high level of customer service and extremely helpful. The people of Iceland are also friendly, approachable and always willing to help. For someone who was so anti-tour this trip has changed my opinion completely and would not hesitate to visit Iceland again one day and tour through this company.Show detailed ratings
- MKMiriamWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentDespite a lot of snow we were able to see all the sites except whale watching. It was too windy. Guide was witty and knowledgable. Group was small. Would love to come back and see the greenery however the snow and freezing waters addd to the adventure!Show detailed ratings
- LaurenWritten on March 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentI just came back from what might be the best vacation I've ever had, and I've been all over the world. I went to Iceland in February, which I knew was a risk, and we did have very bad weather. However Adolf, our amazing guide, and Artic Adventures put in a lot of work to find other activities for us and make sure we had a great time. I can't say enough about how cool, funny and enjoyable Adolf was as a guide. As a solo traveller, I was also a little nervous about traveling with a group I didn't know. Our group had a mix of solo travellers and groups, and skewed young (20s-30s) but with a mix of people up to their 60s from all over the world. After 6 days together, I met some amazing new friends for life - we cried a little leaving each other. I also can't say enough about this beautiful country. The people are so kind, the hotels we're far above my expectations (VERY nice) and we had hot tubs several of the nights. Every single excursion was so enjoyable as long as you maintained some flexibility with the itinerary for bad weather. My recommendations would be to dress in warm layers, invest in waterproof clothing, avoid changing over too much currency (I never needed cash once except for a tip), and strike up conversations with the friendly people here. I also wouldn't recommend traveling the ring road solo/through a rental car in winter - I know many people do this, but it's harder than it seems. There are far fewer gas stations than you might expect and many sights are roads were frequently closed. Artic Adventure was able to guide us through this and a solo traveller might have a lot of trouble.Show detailed ratings
- CatherineWritten on February 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentBooking this tour was the best decision of my life! There is awe inspiring beauty around every corner in this country. If you want to see the golden circle route but also go beyond into more remote areas with less tourists then this is the tour for you! The accommodation far exceeded my expectations and food wise I actually spent less than I thought I would over the 6 days. Almost all the attractions are free. Our guide was just the best. Knowledgeable, humorous, caring and a pleasure to have leading us! Despite the bad weather impacting the itinerary I was never once bored as other stops were arranged instead. I have met some amazing new friends, saw some truly incredible things and learned so much. Couldn't recommend this tour enough!!Show detailed ratings
- MichelleWritten on February 18, 20184.5 - ExcellentSorry for my delayed review! We were in Iceland mid-October and took the 6 day tour with Kris as our guide. Kris is very knowledgeable about the country, as it's his homeland. He brought an expertise and reverence for the land and it's history that other guides we heard didn't have. The country is so beautiful, and the people mostly friendly. The only regret we had was not seeing the northern lights :(Show detailed ratings
- TTasyaWritten on November 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentPersonally, it was a really amazing experience in Iceland despite the bad weather (blizzard), as the tour guide (Fifa) is really helpful and made a backup plan such as hiking. We did not get the chance to cover the northern part of Iceland and the whale watching was also, unfortunately, canceled. Cannot blame anyone because of the weather, however in my opinion, it will be better not to conduct the tour in the end of November or the peak of winter, as it will disappoint the participants. What makes the tour quite worth it for the price is the accommodation, which really comfortable. Thank you for the effort Arctic Adventure and hopefully my feedbacks will be useful for your future operation.Show detailed ratings
- AFAngusWritten on November 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentRound Iceland 6 day tour, 9th-14th July, 2017. A most interesting tour. Our guide, Norris, was really good, knowledgeable about people, sagas, mythology, vegetation and above all the geology (I am a geologist). His driving was very good and he looked after us very well. We were blessed with excellent weather (only one shower). There was so much to see, waterfalls, volcanoes, Hot springs, geysers icesheets, glaciers, most of it new and different. The accommodation was all good, though some of it quite basic, as expected. Food good, specially lobster soup. There were 15 of us on the tour, Americans, Indians, French, Swiss, Chinese, all friendly, compatible people. I was the only Scotsman and the oldest (78). I strongly recommend the tour, specially if Norris is the guide. Angus Findlay. firstname.lastname@example.orgShow detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Angus, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour with Norris around Iceland. Norris is indeed a true asset to our company.
- ALAmandaWritten on November 18, 20174.0 - GoodSuch a beautiful country! Our guide, Arni, did a great job of making several stops along the route to break up the drives each day even if it was something as simple as a sunrise. We felt safe at all times during the snowy drives. Basic but clean hotels.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Amanda, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with Arni.
- RHRajanWritten on November 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour was amazing. Well organised and we got to make our way to sights around the entire country. Our tour leader, Arni, was an absolute star - full of knowledge and good humour, and excellent driving in difficult conditions. I’d fully recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see the country!Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Rajan, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your 6 days around Iceland tour with us.
- AHAnnaWritten on November 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on a 6 day tour around Iceland with Arctic Adventures in November. The tour was incredible. The itinerary covered everything you could possibly want out of Iceland, even with the diminishing daylight hours and unpredictable weather. The hotels were comfortable, breakfast was included but other meals always allowed a self-catering option for those who did not want to eat out, and there was always plenty of time to see sights and ask questions. It was overall an incredibly well put together tour.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Anna, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our 6 day around Iceland tour.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day one - Golden Circle & South Coast:
- Day two - Vatnajökull Glacier & Jökulsárlón:
- Day three - East Fjords:
- Day four - Lake Mývatn area:
- Day five - Whale Watching in North Iceland:
- Day six - West Iceland:
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
Address: Þjóðvegur, Iceland
Address: Skaftafelli 2 Freysnesi, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Address: Vegamótum - Snaefellsnesvegur, 311 Borgarnes, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
What is the group size of this tour?
The number of participants can vary from 1-16.
- April 1, 2017
I'll be travelling alone, will I get my own room, or will I be sharing?
An optional single supplement is available for this trip, if you want to have you own room. However if you are happy to share, you will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- April 1, 2017
What are the ages of the people who have already booked?
We do not ask participants about their age when booking so unfortunately we cannot give you that information.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Doris3rd February 2018
6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayMar 31, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayApr 5, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayApr 10, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Reykjavik7 seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayApr 16, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayApr 19, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayApr 24, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayApr 23, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayMay 3, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayMay 8, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$48USD $1,852Based on Shared Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 May 2018 the full payment of $1,857 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1857 for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Strokkur Geyser (Iceland)
- 9 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 79 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,857 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,417 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 56 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure