6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 1,762
- +21 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Escape the ordinary
- Travel in small groups
- Hike Vatnajökull Glacier with an experienced guide
- See the beautiful landscapes of Iceland
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- TTasyaWritten on November 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentPersonally, it was a really amazing experience in Iceland despite the bad weather (blizzard), as the tour guide (Fifa) is really helpful and made a backup plan such as hiking. We did not get the chance to cover the northern part of Iceland and the whale watching was also, unfortunately, canceled. Cannot blame anyone because of the weather, however in my opinion, it will be better not to conduct the tour in the end of November or the peak of winter, as it will disappoint the participants. What makes the tour quite worth it for the price is the accommodation, which really comfortable. Thank you for the effort Arctic Adventure and hopefully my feedbacks will be useful for your future operation.Show detailed ratings
- AFAngusWritten on November 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentRound Iceland 6 day tour, 9th-14th July, 2017. A most interesting tour. Our guide, Norris, was really good, knowledgeable about people, sagas, mythology, vegetation and above all the geology (I am a geologist). His driving was very good and he looked after us very well. We were blessed with excellent weather (only one shower). There was so much to see, waterfalls, volcanoes, Hot springs, geysers icesheets, glaciers, most of it new and different. The accommodation was all good, though some of it quite basic, as expected. Food good, specially lobster soup. There were 15 of us on the tour, Americans, Indians, French, Swiss, Chinese, all friendly, compatible people. I was the only Scotsman and the oldest (78). I strongly recommend the tour, specially if Norris is the guide. Angus Findlay. firstname.lastname@example.orgShow detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Angus, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour with Norris around Iceland. Norris is indeed a true asset to our company.
- ALAmandaWritten on November 18, 20174.0 - GoodSuch a beautiful country! Our guide, Arni, did a great job of making several stops along the route to break up the drives each day even if it was something as simple as a sunrise. We felt safe at all times during the snowy drives. Basic but clean hotels.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Amanda, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with Arni.
- RHRajanWritten on November 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour was amazing. Well organised and we got to make our way to sights around the entire country. Our tour leader, Arni, was an absolute star - full of knowledge and good humour, and excellent driving in difficult conditions. I’d fully recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see the country!Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Rajan, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your 6 days around Iceland tour with us.
- AHAnnaWritten on November 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on a 6 day tour around Iceland with Arctic Adventures in November. The tour was incredible. The itinerary covered everything you could possibly want out of Iceland, even with the diminishing daylight hours and unpredictable weather. The hotels were comfortable, breakfast was included but other meals always allowed a self-catering option for those who did not want to eat out, and there was always plenty of time to see sights and ask questions. It was overall an incredibly well put together tour.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Anna, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our 6 day around Iceland tour.
- DGDeborahWritten on November 8, 20174.0 - GoodIceland is a wondrous country with beautiful geography and people. Our guide Norris (Norbert) Vonniman was very knowledge and a wonderful driver.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Deborah, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour :)
- aanWritten on November 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentExplore Iceland: Nature, Waterfalls, Lava fields and loads of fun and adventure. Travel period: End of October 2017 Traveler Type: Group of Friends Tour: 6-Day Small-Group Adventure Tour Around Iceland from Reykjavik Tour Guide: François Value for money: Worth every penny Overall Rating: Excellent! Why I chose this tour? For my first time in Iceland, this tour was the best decision I made. I did a lot of research planning for this once in a lifetime trip. A couple of friends have been to Iceland before in which they rented a car and toured on their own. The roads in Iceland are narrow and as good drivers they were and with GPS they did have some difficulty driving around and controlling the car in certain weather conditions. I’m not the best driver, so I decided on taking a guided tour with my friends and not drive on our own, which has advantages: Learn more about Iceland from an expert, ensure accommodation by the end of the day (it gets really dark and no much lights in peripheral roads, I really did not want to get lost) and get to know new friends. I was not interested in bathing in natural hot springs nor the “Blue Lagoon”, so when I found this tour it was perfect for me. We did stop by one hot spring on day 4, however we did have the option to bathe or stroll around the area so our group divided and it was still fun. Booking and pickup: It was an easy booking process. There was clear communication with the company through the website I booked the tour, answering questions with in 24 hours. We clarified pick up and drop off location from the hotels on the first and last day (they pick you up from the nearest bus-stop). Also, meal options (we asked about Halal meals and were informed that there are no much halal options on the road however there was plenty of seafood and vegetarian options). Before arrival we asked about the hotels we will be staying at during the 5 nights and they sent us the names. We Were supposed to be picked up at 8 am, we waited for 20 minutes with multiple arctic adventure buses passing us. I called the company and they answered immediately. I was informed to wait at least 30 min as they are picking up other people in the tour and they are on their way. It wasn’t long after till our tour bus arrived. That said, it would have been nice if they informed us we needed to wait in the cold morning. It is expected in a group of 12 people for some delay picking them up from there hotels, just let us know in advance our expected waiting time. The Tour: It was an amazing 6 days spent across Iceland. The tour had total 12 people including me and my friends. The mini coach bus was warm and specious enough to accommodate all of us with small space to store some stuff above your head and wide windows for excellent view. We left most of our stuff on the bus as we hopped on and off during the tour stops. It was very safe and the bus was locked at all times. Our tour Guide François did a great job informing us about each location we went to; briefing us every day about the stops and locations we were visiting and even sharing some books about Iceland history, myths and other cool stuff. He was very considerate in telling us the washroom stops and how long it will take for our next stop. You will be visiting a lot of waterfalls and will be walking around near streams and up hills in most of the locations. Do invest in warm and water proof gear with good hiking boots. If you are in a good fit (used to climbing 3 story stairs and regular workout) you will have no problems physically to enjoy each location. I think the 3-hour glacier hike was the most demanding. If you never hiked before or walked on Ice this will be challenging. You will be given instructions and gear to have a safe hike. That said, loads of fun and breathtaking scenes on the glacier, we were lucky and walked into an ice-cave which was cool. Only breakfast is included for your tour other meals were not. We had daily stops at to grab snacks and lunch at decent cafeterias and cute cafés. François made daily reservations for our dinner in reasonable places, after a long day you do crave a warm meal. You should know that food is expensive in Iceland, me and my friends always shared our meals which came in good portions. Vegetarian options, seafood, fresh fish and lamb were delicious. And apparently chicken salad is available everywhere. François gave good food recommendations and you have to try the lobsters also known as langoustine, YUM. Accommodation was in decent clean hotels and guesthouses, I shared my room with a friend. The rest of the group who were traveling solo didn’t need to share their rooms. Basic toiletries were available in most of the places with clean towels. The accommodations are mostly in rural areas so check the Aurora forecast every night before you go to bed. We were lucky one night and got to see the northern lights which was spectacular. Each day was an amazing experience, Iceland has a breath-taking scenery: Waterfalls, Lava fields, Geysirs and Glacier and my favorite Black beach and Diamond beach. We saw some rainbows on the way too, and the northern lights were the cherry on top. We were lucky to have a great group in which we were able to bond and become close friends. Our amazing tour guide François made this experience unforgettable and was really smart, socially intelligent and very knowledgeable for our tour. I do recommend this tour highly for anyone planning to explore Iceland for the first time, personally I will take it again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Arctic Adventure, for this amazing first-time experience in Iceland. And special thanks to our tour guide François for his great effort and hard work during the tour.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Ameera, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour :) We'll leave a message for François about your great review, he'll sure be glad to hear it!
- AlexandraWritten on November 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe had an amazing time on the 6 day tour around Iceland - the sights were incredible and the itinerary was perfect, with lovely places to stay each night and great food stops along the way also. We feel like we got the full Iceland experience, mainly thanks to our guide Norris who was really exceptional - friendly, helpful, funny and very knowledgable. He really went above and beyond to accommodate everyone on the tour, even taking us out in the evenings to go hunting for the northern lights. A fantastic week and would highly recommend as a good way to see as much of Iceland as possible within the relatively short time we had. Thank you!Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Alexandra, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour :)
- AngelinaWritten on October 24, 20174.0 - GoodThis trip was amazing! You hit all the highlights on the Ring Road. I saw mountains, black sand beaches, whales, volcanoes, glaciers, icebergs, craters, waterfalls, geothermal areas and lava fields. Kris, our guide, was the best! He is so knowledgeable and really made Iceland come alive for me. He was always telling us the most interesting facts about all the places we went. He was also the most helpful when it came to anything our group needed.Show detailed ratings
- AOAntheaWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide Swem was excellent. He provided info on all the sites, answered our questions and delivered us endlessly to hotels with a smile and handled our baggage as well. Iceland is unspeakably brilliantly beautiful.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Angelina, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour :)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day one - Golden Circle & South Coast:
- Day two - Vatnajökull Glacier & Jökulsárlón:
- Day three - East Fjords:
- Day four - Lake Mývatn area:
- Day five - Whale Watching in North Iceland:
- Day six - West Iceland:
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
Address: Þjóðvegur, Iceland
Address: Skaftafelli 2 Freysnesi, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Address: Vegamótum - Snaefellsnesvegur, 311 Borgarnes, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Do we spend any time at the Blue Lagoon on the first day?
No,the Blue Lagoon is not a Golden Circle stop.
- April 1, 2017
What is the group size of this tour?
The number of participants can vary from 1-16.
- April 1, 2017
I'll be travelling alone, will I get my own room, or will I be sharing?
An optional single supplement is available for this trip, if you want to have you own room. However if you are happy to share, you will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
22 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Arctic Adventures 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 13th May 20182 comments"Hi Anyone joining us on this tour. "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- ThursdayFeb 1, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayFeb 6, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- MondayFeb 5, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayFeb 10, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayFeb 8, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayFeb 13, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- MondayFeb 12, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayFeb 17, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayFeb 15, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayFeb 20, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- FridayFeb 16, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysWednesdayFeb 21, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- MondayFeb 19, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayFeb 24, 2018to Reykjavik9 seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayFeb 22, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayFeb 27, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- MondayFeb 26, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayMar 3, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayMar 1, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayMar 6, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$45USD $1,761Based on Shared Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 February 2018 the full payment of $1,762 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1762 for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Strokkur Geyser (Iceland)
- 9 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 79 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,762 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,627 tours in Europe
- covered by 174 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 22 travellers have already met
before they left for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 51 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure