6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 1,756
- +21 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Travel the famous Ring Road
- Explore the Golden Circle
- View epic glaciers
- Discover the East Fjords
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- AOAntheaWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide Swem was excellent. He provided info on all the sites, answered our questions and delivered us endlessly to hotels with a smile and handled our baggage as well. Iceland is unspeakably brilliantly beautiful.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Angelina, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour :)
- ASAngelaWritten on October 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentGuides were good. They didn’t pick up for horse riding so we had to change the schedule around. The super Jeep broke down on iur way snowmobiling and that took a bit of time waiting for other cars.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Angela, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Snowmobiling and horseback riding is not included in this tour. Did you book those activities separately at all?
- DanWritten on October 12, 20174.0 - GoodI really want to give this tour 5 out of 5 but some of the bad points mean I sadly can't. None of these would really stop me from taking the tour again, but they are things easily fixed, so it is a shame Artic haven't fixed them. It's also a shame that Artic only respond to the positive reviews on this site. If you don't want the reasonability of driving yourself and planning your own trip, then yes defiantly take this tour, but otherwise rent a car and follow this itinerary, you can then be more flexible where you stop. So the good points; I would recommend this tour, it has a great itinerary and covers almost everything you want to see in Iceland. There is a quite a few hours of driving a day, but this is broken up by different stops along the way. In every location we stayed out of town, which was great for clear skies for the northern lights, but did mean we had to eat in the hotel restaurant and were subject to only what they offered. Our guide, Einar, worked extremely hard and was full of information, and dealt with several difficult people on the tour very well. Although, I do agree with some of Jo's review that we did have to ask for a lot of housekeeping information, but I suspect this will become better with more experience. Accommodation was on the whole pretty good, most places had hot tubs, although do bring some ear plugs as the walls are pretty thin! We did see lots of whales, northern lights and were very lucky with the weather, only bits of rain, but some sun and snow! Perfect time of year. Now for the bad points: The pickup was by far the worst bit. Some people were waiting an hour and a half for pickup, no communication is given from Artic as to when people are likely to be picked up, so you could be standing in the rain from 8am to 9.30am. As we all had to pay for our own hotels in Reykjavik the night before, it would make more sense to me to increase the tour price a little and include the first night stay, that way everyone would be in the same place for Monday morning. This would also mean a briefing session could be held the night before, to meet everyone and explain the tour, not having this caused a jarring start. Artic actually ran 5 of these tours simultaneously, and so we went in reverse to the itinerary. We weren't told about this or given any updated itinerary, so the first day was very confusing, and when I contacted Artic Adventures and asked for one they didn't respond to me. There was also confusion at several of the hotels as the wrong rooms had been booked. They advised this change was due to the ring road being washed away, but this had happened several days before, so there was plenty of time to plan these changes. This confusion of changes also meant we lost time on the glacier, as the wrong slot had been booked. Sadly instead of the 1.5hr mentioned on the providers website, we only had 50 minutes, which by the time we walked in a little, it was time to go back. The tour groups were poorly split, so whilst we had a tour of 18, our sister group had about 6. This meant they could stop in a lot more places for photos, go to different restaurants etc. We couldn't stop in a lot of the photo spots as our group took a lot of time to return to the bus. I did meet lots of great people on my tour, but I was the only solo traveller, where as this other group was mainly made up of solo travellers. There was also come confusion about the wording of the itinerary. We didn't actually stop for photos of Lake Mývatn or go to the Hverfjall crater, which was a shame, but we did see it from the bus. The microphone on the bus was pretty poor, so those at the back didn't hear the guide very well, despite his best efforts. Whilst the tour doesn't claim to include any Northern Lights hunting, it would have perhaps been nice to do some hunting with the guide when the right conditions. We did this off our backs instead. We also weren't told the hotel could wake us up when and if they came out! And finally one couple got engaged on the trip, it was sad Artic/the guide didn't do anything special for them. We asked to go and buy some champagne, but were told we wouldn't have time.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Dan, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value the comments raised in the feedback and will be taking them up with the product manager of our multi-day tours for ways to improve. We try our best to respond to all reviews we receive as we love hearing from our customers and are of course always looking for ways to improve the overall service offered to our customers. We apologize for the confusion with the itinerary, due to conditions and availability at the hotels we use we do sometimes have to make small changes to the itinerary whereas we might swap the days around.
- FFatinWritten on October 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip was an amazing experience! It was 6 days of beautiful sites northern lights whale watching amazing people and new amazing friends! We were from all over the globe and it was eight of us girls and the tour guide was amazing! Her name is Erla! She was funny, very attentive, make sure we were safe at all times, and such a free spirit! Would recommend this toward anybody who wants to experience an adventure of a lifetime !Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Fatin, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour.
- KKatWritten on October 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was a tour with everything you could get and more! Jumping whales, Northern Lights, lots of magical waterfalls and spectacular landscapes! Our Tourguide I knows exactly how she could introduces us to this beautiful Iceland. This last 6 days were full of adventures and I found awesome new friends! Thank you! I recommend this tour to everybody! KatShow detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Kat, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour.
- JoWritten on October 3, 20173.0 - AverageI think the tour itinerary itself is quite good. There were some areas where the time allotted was too Short but nevertheless it is still a packed itinerary. Hotels could be better. Our first night hotel was the worst and the room smells musty. Our tour guide einar is nice, accomodating and funny. However i think as a big tour operator like arctic adventures, it is essential to provide training to your guides to have a better standard. Einar seems to be very new to guiding world. He tries to give as much info as he could but always missing some fact. People are always asking rather than he offering all the appropriate information. He does not tell as where is the next stop is (sometimes he does, a lot of times he doesn't) or how much time to drive to next destination unless people ask. At one point, we asked about availability of renting waterproof jacket for glacier hike and he simply answered i am Not sure about it without any offer to find out. So we are left confused whether we need to buy or just rent! Later after more prodding from us, he finally called up another guide friend to confirm. I think it is important for operators to equip your guides with skills, training and also be more empathic to the needs of the passengers. Other than that I am happy with what i saw in beautiful Iceland.Show detailed ratings
- JGJohnWritten on October 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a fantastic 6 day tour around Iceland with 14 others from a diverse range of countries. Einar was a great guide who engaged with us and explained what we saw and did as well as offering valuable insights into Iceland and its people. We experienced 4 days of sporadic heavy rain, but stuck very closely to the itinerary. While more sunshine would have been better, seeing the variability of Iceland's weather and its spectular scenery in all types of weather was still a big bonus for me. Seeing Aurora Borealis in Akereyri after lots of rain was a highlight for many on the trip. Accommodation was good and the tour delivered everything it advertised.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear John, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour.
- MWMartinWritten on September 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was what I wanted and expected.the guide was helpful and informed. Had a scient of humor that I enjoyed.Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Martin, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour.
- CRCarolWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was tremendous! Iceland is beautiful and the tour really exposes you to all aspects of what it has to offer. Arctic adventures has done a nice job of putting together an active adventurous itinerary. Fun!Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Carol, Thank you for this wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour.
- RRRobertWritten on September 12, 20171.5 - Rather poorThis tour turned out to be essentially self-guided. Our local tour guide really did nothing more than drive the tour bus. He hardly engaged with the group and did not even offer his name or bother to introduce himself (we eventually had to ask his name). This was bizarre because this is a small group tour and you are seeing a lot of Iceland. One would expect a local guide to be offering narration about what we were doing and seeing...no such luck. Even asking him basic questions about the hotels and sights would usually get an "I don't know". We could have rented a car and saw the sights ourselves for much less than the cost of the tour. It was disappointing because the whole point of taking a small group tour is to get the insights and narration of the guide. I would not recommend this tour. In addition to having no guide to speak of, the hotels were not great and the tour bus was cramped and uncomfortable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day one - Golden Circle & South Coast:
- Day two - Vatnajökull Glacier & Jökulsárlón:
- Day three - East Fjords:
- Day four - Lake Mývatn area:
- Day five - Whale Watching in North Iceland:
- Day six - West Iceland:
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Do we spend any time at the Blue Lagoon on the first day?
No,the Blue Lagoon is not a Golden Circle stop.
- April 1, 2017
What is the group size of this tour?
The number of participants can vary from 1-16.
- April 1, 2017
I'll be travelling alone, will I get my own room, or will I be sharing?
An optional single supplement is available for this trip, if you want to have you own room. However if you are happy to share, you will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
21 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Arctic Adventures 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 20th November 20173 comments"My friend and I are going!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
6 Day Around Iceland Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- MondayOct 30, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayNov 4, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room9 spaces left
- MondayNov 6, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayNov 11, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- MondayNov 13, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayNov 18, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- MondayJan 29, 2018from ReykjavikSaturdayFeb 3, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayFeb 1, 2018from ReykjavikTuesdayFeb 6, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- MondayFeb 5, 2018from ReykjavikSaturdayFeb 10, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayFeb 8, 2018from ReykjavikTuesdayFeb 13, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- MondayFeb 12, 2018from ReykjavikSaturdayFeb 17, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayFeb 15, 2018from ReykjavikTuesdayFeb 20, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
- MondayFeb 19, 2018from ReykjavikSaturdayFeb 24, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,756Based on Shared Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $1,756 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1756 for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Strokkur Geyser (Iceland)
- 9 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 79 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,756 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,241 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 21 travellers have already met
before they left for 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 42 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Day Around Iceland Adventure