- Our saving
- US $ 945
- +8 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Cruise down the Nile
- Visit the Temple of Philae
- See the famous pyramids
- Haggle in the town of Luxor
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- RRowenaWritten on July 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentSheriff was truly the funniest and most professional guide I've ever had. He made the trip so adventurous and fun. Very knowledgeable and was there 24hrs for everyone. You'll be lucky to get him.Show detailed ratings
- CDCarolWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a great tour. We were 8 people only. I managed to eat all the delicious foods I wanted: fool and sahlap, thanks to Waleed.Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on April 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentI travelled to Egypt for the very first time in January 2018 and I was blown away by how efficiently the tour was run. Our guide Mohamed Kareem was so knowledgeable, caring and funny - the perfect combination for anyone looking for someone to introduce you to this historically rich country for the very first time. I would recommend this tour from Encounters Travel to anyone looking to experience the beauty of Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- AGAnaWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was just awesome!!! Probably the best tour me and my husband have ever done. The drive was safe, comfortable and there were no issues whatsoever. Our Gide, Waleed, is incredibly knowledgeable and he really makes the journey special. We would love to return, and have him again as our guide.Show detailed ratings
- JTJeanWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe went to Egypt in April 2017 and this was a fantastic tour-we stayed in lovely hotels (all 4 and 5 star hotels!) and saw so much of ancient Egypt AND the countryside-and our tour guide Waleed took such good care of us and is incredibly knowledgeable about the history and artifacts- this was really like getting two tours in one we saw so much! Highly recommended and would encourage anybody to take this tour.We were safe and comfortable all the wayShow detailed ratings
- TSTipharethWritten on March 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentLast year right after Christmas I headed to Egypt, my ultimate dream on my Life List. I am an American female solo traveler and I had never done a tour before and wasn’t sure if it would be my thing. I am SO grateful to Waleed for such and incredible and well educated experience. He took care of all of us every step of the way, always going above and beyond and always making sure we had food and water on the long drives . We fit so many adventures into everyday that there is no way possible to do it on your own in the amount of time we did and still get the history and the feel. Waleed truly took care of us as family and I am so grateful he guided us on such an incredible journey around Egypt. I can’t wait to go back again some day soon after the museum is built.Show detailed ratings
- KSKarenWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy February-March 2018 Discover Egypt by Encounters Travel was very impressive. The trip was affordable and well organized. Art and Mariska (UK office) were easily available and professional. The tour covered a multitude of experiences in a short period of time for an incredible price. This tour is fast-paced but if days were added, it may not be as affordable. A suggestion to Encounters Travel is to offer the same tour at different price points. Thank you, Encounters Travel, for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. With professional guide and master Egyptologist, Waleed Kamouna, I was immersed in the true culture of ancient and modern Egypt. Waleed freely shared his great knowledge and sincere love of his home and people. The Egyptian art, science, music, history and the hearts of the people will travel with me forever. Thank you, Waleed, for a life-changing experience!Show detailed ratings
- RPROBERTWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMagnificent!!! Waleed super duper!Show detailed ratings
- LSLisaWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe went to Egypt in April of 2018. Waleed Kamouna was our tour guide. He was kind, patient, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He showed us all the amazing sites in Egypt and involved us in the presentation. We travel often and Waleed was the best tour guide we ever had. We are so happy to continue our friendship our friendship with Waleed.Show detailed ratings
- DSDanniellWritten on March 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on a private tour with Waleed in March last year with family and friends, 9 in total and it was amazing from start to finish, so much info and things to see and do. But bare in mind, as Waleed kept telling us when we had an early start, this is an adventure of a lifetime, if you want a relaxing vacation go sit on a beach anywhere in the world!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom Ombo & Edfu temples, Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor West Bank tour. To Hurghada
- Day 7: Red Sea at Hurghada. Free day
- Day 8: Fly to Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Free time. Departure transfer to the airport
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we join the tour later or depart early?
You may join the tour late or leave early, however, you may miss some of the highlights of the tour, and the price would remain the same.
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
Yes, this tour is a guaranteed departure based on minimum 2 travellers.
Do you offer the Abu Simbel optional on this tour ?
Abu Simbel overland tour is an optional experience offered on this tour (offered at an additional pricing). This option takes you from Aswan to see the amazing temples built by Ramses II at Aswan. You'll travel overland and return to Aswan by midday.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
9 travellers met before going on their Encounters Travel Discover Egypt tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 30th November 20181 comment"My husband and I just joined this tour and our first trip with Encounters! We are so excited and hope to meet others through this link of who will be joining us!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$405$1,349-30%USD $945
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$483$1,609-30%USD $1,127
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$438$1,459-30%USD $1,021
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $945 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $945 for Discover Egypt, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 195 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 271 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 206 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $945 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,507 tours in Africa
- covered by 138 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Discover Egypt via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 31 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Egypt