- Our saving
- US $ 777
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +8 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Delve into the history of Egypt with an Egyptologist
- Snap a picture of the iconic Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza
- Sleep on the deck of a traditional Nile felucca
- Enjoy a traditional meal in a colorful Nubian village
- Swim, scuba dive and snorkel in the Red Sea
- Rather Poor
- NKNaziaWritten on January 30, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Discovery Egypt tour has been well put together covering the best of Egypt in 9 days. The trip itinerary is well thought out, full of wonderful adventures and fabulously hosted. The tour starts with the most pioneering feats of engineering the great... Read more
- LLouDanielloWritten on January 5, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Train was disappointing
- BBrentWintersWritten on January 5, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour company. However, the food and service on MoonDance ship left something to be desired.
- PTPATRICIAWritten on September 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Highly informative. Very packed itinerary. Everything ran smoothly. Guide was amazing!!! He was passionate about Egypt. Early starts, and the breakfast boxes were welcomed. Wish we had more time in Hurghada.
- RRowenaWritten on July 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Sheriff was truly the funniest and most professional guide I've ever had. He made the trip so adventurous and fun. Very knowledgeable and was there 24hrs for everyone. You'll be lucky to get him.
- CDCarolWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great tour. We were 8 people only. I managed to eat all the delicious foods I wanted: fool and sahlap, thanks to Waleed.
- MichaelWritten on April 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I travelled to Egypt for the very first time in January 2018 and I was blown away by how efficiently the tour was run. Our guide Mohamed Kareem was so knowledgeable, caring and funny - the perfect combination for anyone looking for someone to introduce... Read more
- AGAnaWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was just awesome!!! Probably the best tour me and my husband have ever done. The drive was safe, comfortable and there were no issues whatsoever. Our Gide, Waleed, is incredibly knowledgeable and he really makes the journey special. We would love to... Read more
- JTJeanWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We went to Egypt in April 2017 and this was a fantastic tour-we stayed in lovely hotels (all 4 and 5 star hotels!) and saw so much of ancient Egypt AND the countryside-and our tour guide Waleed took such good care of us and is incredibly knowledgeable... Read more
- TSTipharethWritten on March 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Last year right after Christmas I headed to Egypt, my ultimate dream on my Life List. I am an American female solo traveler and I had never done a tour before and wasn’t sure if it would be my thing. I am SO grateful to Waleed for such and incredible and... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Edfu temple & Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor West Bank tour. To Hurghada
- Day 7: Red Sea at Hurghada. Free day
- Day 8: Fly to Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Free time. Departure transfer to the airport
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we join the tour later or depart early?
You may join the tour late or leave early, however, you may miss some of the highlights of the tour, and the price would remain the same.
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
Yes, this tour is a guaranteed departure based on minimum 2 travellers.
Do you offer the Abu Simbel optional on this tour ?
Abu Simbel overland tour is an optional experience offered on this tour (offered at an additional pricing). This option takes you from Aswan to see the amazing temples built by Ramses II at Aswan. You'll travel overland and return to Aswan by midday.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jay3rd January 2019
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$493$1,529-32%USD $1,036
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$583$1,379-42%USD $796
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$583$1,379-42%USD $796
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$583$1,379-42%USD $796
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$583$1,379-42%USD $796
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$572$1,349-42%USD $777
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$572$1,349-42%USD $777
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$572$1,349-42%USD $777
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$572$1,349-42%USD $777
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$572$1,349-42%USD $777
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 June 2019 the full payment of $777 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $777 for Discover Egypt, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 195 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 271 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 206 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $777 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,811 tours in Africa
- covered by 407 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Discover Egypt via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 35 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Egypt