- Our saving
- US $ 1,295
- +8 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Delve into the history of Egypt with an Egyptologist
- Snap a picture of the iconic Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza
- Sleep on the deck of a traditional Nile felucca
- Enjoy a traditional meal in a colorful Nubian village
- Swim, scuba dive and snorkel in the Red Sea
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- PTPATRICIAWritten on September 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Highly informative. Very packed itinerary. Everything ran smoothly. Guide was amazing!!! He was passionate about Egypt. Early starts, and the breakfast boxes were welcomed. Wish we had more time in Hurghada.
- RRowenaWritten on July 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Sheriff was truly the funniest and most professional guide I've ever had. He made the trip so adventurous and fun. Very knowledgeable and was there 24hrs for everyone. You'll be lucky to get him.
- CDCarolWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great tour. We were 8 people only. I managed to eat all the delicious foods I wanted: fool and sahlap, thanks to Waleed.
- MichaelWritten on April 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I travelled to Egypt for the very first time in January 2018 and I was blown away by how efficiently the tour was run. Our guide Mohamed Kareem was so knowledgeable, caring and funny - the perfect combination for anyone looking for someone to introduce... Read more
- AGAnaWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was just awesome!!! Probably the best tour me and my husband have ever done. The drive was safe, comfortable and there were no issues whatsoever. Our Gide, Waleed, is incredibly knowledgeable and he really makes the journey special. We would love to... Read more
- JTJeanWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We went to Egypt in April 2017 and this was a fantastic tour-we stayed in lovely hotels (all 4 and 5 star hotels!) and saw so much of ancient Egypt AND the countryside-and our tour guide Waleed took such good care of us and is incredibly knowledgeable... Read more
- TSTipharethWritten on March 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Last year right after Christmas I headed to Egypt, my ultimate dream on my Life List. I am an American female solo traveler and I had never done a tour before and wasn’t sure if it would be my thing. I am SO grateful to Waleed for such and incredible and... Read more
- KSKarenWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My February-March 2018 Discover Egypt by Encounters Travel was very impressive. The trip was affordable and well organized. Art and Mariska (UK office) were easily available and professional. The tour covered a multitude of experiences in a short period... Read more
- RPROBERTWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Magnificent!!! Waleed super duper!
- LSLisaWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We went to Egypt in April of 2018. Waleed Kamouna was our tour guide. He was kind, patient, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He showed us all the amazing sites in Egypt and involved us in the presentation. We travel often and Waleed was the best... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom Ombo & Edfu temples, Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor West Bank tour. To Hurghada
- Day 7: Red Sea at Hurghada. Free day
- Day 8: Fly to Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Free time. Departure transfer to the airport
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we join the tour later or depart early?
You may join the tour late or leave early, however, you may miss some of the highlights of the tour, and the price would remain the same.
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
Yes, this tour is a guaranteed departure based on minimum 2 travellers.
Do you offer the Abu Simbel optional on this tour ?
Abu Simbel overland tour is an optional experience offered on this tour (offered at an additional pricing). This option takes you from Aswan to see the amazing temples built by Ramses II at Aswan. You'll travel overland and return to Aswan by midday.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
11 travellers met before going on their Encounters Travel Discover Egypt tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$61USD $1,468
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$61USD $1,468
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$61USD $1,468
- SaturdayJan 12, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJan 20, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Cairo9 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to Cairo10+ seats left$58USD $1,401
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 January 2019 the full payment of $1,295 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1295 for Discover Egypt, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 195 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 271 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 206 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,295 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,838 tours in Africa
- covered by 174 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Discover Egypt via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 32 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Egypt