- Our saving
- US $ 1,170
- +8 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Cruise down the Nile
- Visit the Temple of Philae
- See the famous pyramids
- Haggle in the town of Luxor
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat
- Rather Poor
- MichaelWritten on April 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentI travelled to Egypt for the very first time in January 2018 and I was blown away by how efficiently the tour was run. Our guide Mohamed Kareem was so knowledgeable, caring and funny - the perfect combination for anyone looking for someone to introduce you to this historically rich country for the very first time. I would recommend this tour from Encounters Travel to anyone looking to experience the beauty of Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- AGAnaWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was just awesome!!! Probably the best tour me and my husband have ever done. The drive was safe, comfortable and there were no issues whatsoever. Our Gide, Waleed, is incredibly knowledgeable and he really makes the journey special. We would love to return, and have him again as our guide.Show detailed ratings
- JTJeanWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe went to Egypt in April 2017 and this was a fantastic tour-we stayed in lovely hotels (all 4 and 5 star hotels!) and saw so much of ancient Egypt AND the countryside-and our tour guide Waleed took such good care of us and is incredibly knowledgeable about the history and artifacts- this was really like getting two tours in one we saw so much! Highly recommended and would encourage anybody to take this tour.We were safe and comfortable all the wayShow detailed ratings
- TSTipharethWritten on March 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentLast year right after Christmas I headed to Egypt, my ultimate dream on my Life List. I am an American female solo traveler and I had never done a tour before and wasn’t sure if it would be my thing. I am SO grateful to Waleed for such and incredible and well educated experience. He took care of all of us every step of the way, always going above and beyond and always making sure we had food and water on the long drives . We fit so many adventures into everyday that there is no way possible to do it on your own in the amount of time we did and still get the history and the feel. Waleed truly took care of us as family and I am so grateful he guided us on such an incredible journey around Egypt. I can’t wait to go back again some day soon after the museum is built.Show detailed ratings
- KSKarenWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy February-March 2018 Discover Egypt by Encounters Travel was very impressive. The trip was affordable and well organized. Art and Mariska (UK office) were easily available and professional. The tour covered a multitude of experiences in a short period of time for an incredible price. This tour is fast-paced but if days were added, it may not be as affordable. A suggestion to Encounters Travel is to offer the same tour at different price points. Thank you, Encounters Travel, for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. With professional guide and master Egyptologist, Waleed Kamouna, I was immersed in the true culture of ancient and modern Egypt. Waleed freely shared his great knowledge and sincere love of his home and people. The Egyptian art, science, music, history and the hearts of the people will travel with me forever. Thank you, Waleed, for a life-changing experience!Show detailed ratings
- RPROBERTWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMagnificent!!! Waleed super duper!Show detailed ratings
- LSLisaWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe went to Egypt in April of 2018. Waleed Kamouna was our tour guide. He was kind, patient, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He showed us all the amazing sites in Egypt and involved us in the presentation. We travel often and Waleed was the best tour guide we ever had. We are so happy to continue our friendship our friendship with Waleed.Show detailed ratings
- DSDanniellWritten on March 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on a private tour with Waleed in March last year with family and friends, 9 in total and it was amazing from start to finish, so much info and things to see and do. But bare in mind, as Waleed kept telling us when we had an early start, this is an adventure of a lifetime, if you want a relaxing vacation go sit on a beach anywhere in the world!Show detailed ratings
- ALAnitaWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy name is Anita and I had the pleasure of having Waleed Kamouna as my tour guide. I took the "Discover Egypt" tour in December 2017. Waleed was one of the best tour guides I have ever had. He really knows his history and explains it in such a way that you are part of the story. Waleed went out of his way to be sure that everyone on our tour was completely inegaged and understood everything that he was talking about. From the start of the tour till the end he displayed boundless energy and an excitement about Egyptian history that made it come alive. Egypt was one of my best adventures and Waleed Kamouna was a big part of it.Show detailed ratings
- BBRigidaWritten on March 7, 20184.0 - GoodIf you want someone knowledgeable you can find it with this guide. What sets Waleed apart from everyone is his kindness, he takes great care of people. He can engage children as well as adults while he is doing his explanation of the sites. His passion for his country and his ability to make you see the beauty of Egypt is magnificent. But most important he makes you feel like fameleee.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom Ombo & Edfu temples, Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor West Bank tour. To Hurghada
- Day 7: Red Sea at Hurghada. Free day
- Day 8: Fly to Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Free time. Departure transfer to the airport
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Can we still join the tour if we arrive on Day2?
You'll be able join the tour on Day2, but that means you'd miss visits to the Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum.
- March 1, 2017
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
Yes, this tour is a guaranteed departure based on minimum 2 travellers.
- February 1, 2017
Do you offer the Abu Simbel optional on this tour ?
Abu Simbel overland tour is an optional experience offered on this tour (offered at an additional pricing). This option takes you from Aswan to see the amazing temples built by Ramses II at Aswan. you'll travel overland and return to Aswan by midday.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Proud to realize and say we built pyramids "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marie1st February 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $50USD $1,199
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $50USD $1,199
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Cairo5 seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $50USD $1,199
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $50USD $1,199
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Cairo9 seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Cairo10+ seats leftOnly 11 hours left toSave $49USD $1,170
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 June 2018 the full payment of $1,170 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1170 for Discover Egypt, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 195 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 271 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Karnak (Egypt)
- 206 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,170 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,091 tours in Africa
- covered by 102 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Discover Egypt via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Egypt