Morocco Kasbahs & Desert
- Our saving
- US $ 766
- +7 Destinations
- Explore the imperial city of Meknes
- Watch a belly dancing performance
- Set off by camel to a desert camp
- Hike or relax at the Todra Gorge
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- HelenWritten on April 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat tour for seeing the highlights of Morocco. Very full itineraryShow detailed ratings
- RYRobertWritten on March 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe saw many great sites in a short period of time. Was a very tiring trip but that was expected.Show detailed ratings
- cWritten on February 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was great. The hotels are very very simple. La Rose du Sable in Ait Benhaddou was the worst. Moroccan House Hotel in Casablanca (1st night) was the 2nd worst. All others were simple but clean and comfortable. Except for Fes, we're only one night in each place and by the time we get to the hotel we are tired and just want hot shower and comfy bed. The highlight of the trip (agreed by all) was the ride/night/day in the desert. It was really cold at night but it was totally worth it. But I loved the trip and would do it again.Show detailed ratings
- FJfrankWritten on February 21, 20184.0 - Goodvery good, better than expectedShow detailed ratings
- SPSuzyWritten on February 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentMustapha Mezan was an amazing guide as he made time to get to know everyone. He was very knowledgable and had a great sense of pride in his country and culture. I like our small group as it made it easieer for us to get to know each other. I made new friends who I know i will see again.Show detailed ratings
- ANTONIOWritten on January 23, 20184.0 - GoodBeautiful trip of Morocco, fantastic for those travellers who only have 8 days or so to visit the country. The guide (Mustapha) was very knowledgeable and the driver good. The group size (14 people max) was perfect. Some days we have travelled a lot (up to 11 hours), but we stopped several times on the way and the diversity of the places and lands we were driving through made the time fly. For the night in the desert, G Adventures recommend taking a sleeping bag especially for the winter months (like the one we travelled - January). As it occupies too much space in the suitcase, you could bring instead something like a ski suit, which keeps you very warm and occupies less space in the suitcase. Woolen blankets are provided though in the camp site. The tour spent no time in Casablanca and basically just half a day in Marrakech (not enough!), so I recommend arriving 1 day earlier and departing 2 days later to have some time to see Casablanca and enjoy Marrakech. About the hotels, they were mostly 3 stars hotels, very basic, but clean. Buffet breakfast quality was average, quantity and variety quite poor. Considering that no other meals are included in the tour, I would recommend G Adventures to enhance the level of breakfast as much as possible. For the rest, I can only recommend the tour, it was a beautiful experience, Marocco is an amazing place to visit!Show detailed ratings
- GCGemmaWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had the most amazing time on this tour!!! It was pretty jam packed but we saw so many wonderful things along the way. Our CEO Driss was just fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble, he was always really happy and we learnt a lot from talking to him. All of the local guides in each city were also great, they were really knowledgeable and funny. We were lucky to have such great weather and a truly amazing group, of all ages and backgrounds. Highlights included the overnight camp in the desert and the local hammam... Seriously go and try it! You definitely need an open mind and a sense of adventure but this was one of the best trips I've ever done.Show detailed ratings
- RCRobinWritten on September 12, 20173.5 - GoodThe overall trip itself was good. I love Morocco (I had been before) and the other people on the tour were wonderful and really made the trip what it was. Unfortunately, a main issue I had in not giving the overall tour a better review was our tour guide, Yassine. The entire time he was very unenthused, didn't seem to care about us or really help us out, and rarely engaged or even took part in our meals/dinners/activities. And almost everyone on the trip took notice. An older woman on the tour even had a talk with him the night after the Sahara desert - just saying that he needed to explain more to us and give us more direction in general. He tried a little harder after that conversation but honestly, not that much harder. He is a very knowledgeable and smart young man, but I think that was the problem - he was too young. At 30 years old, it might be a little difficult to take true pride in your work / act selfishly in general. Maybe he should be placed with a younger, less mature audience going forward. Like - early 20s group. Anyway, that was a very disappointing part of the trip in general. My mother had been on a G adventure tour a few months before (hosted by Mohamed Air Logham) and she said she had the very best time because of how incredible Mohamed was. She still raves about him to this day, and he even asked Yassine to give me a call while we were on the bus because he wanted to say hello to me and send my mother a gift. I think if we had had a tour guide more like that - caring, helpful, informative, kind - it would have made a huge difference and I would have loved the trip. Another issue I had with the tour was "free time". The hotels we stayed at were not very centrally located so our free time consisted of twiddling our thumbs and sitting around for hours waiting for the next activity. Sometimes we sat around at the hotel pools...not really something I need to be doing during my short time in Morocco. Maybe some suggestions about what to do / less free time would be better. Casablanca was a complete waste of a time in general - we roamed the streets aimlessly for 3 hours and came back empty handed and confused. We were all so excited about the market place in Fes, but we found ourselves being RUSHED through the medina by Yassine and the local tour guide, with no free time or time to browse the little shops (only to find out the market place in Marrakech would be closed for the big holiday on Friday/Sat - which G adventures and our tour guide completely forgot to tell us...which I thought was very strange in general since that's a huge reason people go to Marrakech. Besides the below average tour guide, the strange locations of the hotels, the wasted free time, and noticing that we were charged double by G adventures for the hotel rooms (when we extended our stay in Marrakech, G adventures charged us $85 and if we booked it online, the same room was $39...so we cancelled), it would have been an amazing time. Not sure I would do G Adventures again.Show detailed ratings
- CynthiaWritten on August 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had such a wonderful time in Morocco. My tour leader Driss made the experience very memorable. I have so many people asking me about Morocco upon my return and they have been interested in traveling there after seeing and hearing about my experience.Show detailed ratings
- AnnaWritten on April 18, 20174.0 - GoodGreat trip - most of Morocco in a week!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Casablanca
- Day 2 Casablanca/Fès (1B, 1L)
- Day 3 Fès (1B)
- Day 4 Fès/Merzouga (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Merzouga/Todra Gorge (1B)
- Day 6 Todra Gorge/Ait Benhaddou (1B)
- Day 7 Ait Benhaddou/Marrakech (1B)
- Day 8 Marrakech (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 13, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in Marrakech at Hotel Oudaya (or similar) after breakfast, as there are no activities planned you can depart at any time. The ending hotel will be confirmed when your travel documents have been finalised.
- April 13, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is just an arrivals day so you can arrive at any time as there are no activities planned! The starting hotel on this tour will be confirmed 4 weeks before the trip but will most likely be Moroccan House Hotel (or similar). If you are already in Casablanca there is a welcome meeting between 5 pm and 7 pm, which you can join and meet your fellow passengers and tour guide.
- April 13, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price, however, you can purchase these for an additional cost once your booking is confirmed, or make your own way to the joining hotel.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki22nd December 2017
Morocco Kasbahs & Desert
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- WednesdayMay 23, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysWednesdayMay 30, 2018to Marrakesh6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $38USD $901
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 2 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $38USD $901
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftSave $38USD $901Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to Marrakesh5 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $38USD $901
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Marrakesh9 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $173$939-18%USD $766
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftSave $36USD $863Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 2 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $36USD $863
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Marrakesh5 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $36USD $863Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Marrakesh6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $36USD $863Instant BookHold my
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $36USD $863Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $766 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $766 for Morocco Kasbahs & Desert, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 192 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 341 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 161 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 145 km
- Ouarzazate (Morocco)
- 27 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 105 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $766 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,081 tours in Africa
- covered by 101 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 19 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Morocco Kasbahs & Desert