Morocco Kasbahs & Desert
- Our saving
- US $ 849
- +7 Destinations
- Explore the imperial city of Meknes
- Watch a belly dancing performance
- Set off by camel to a desert camp
- Hike or relax at the Todra Gorge
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- GCGemmaWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had the most amazing time on this tour!!! It was pretty jam packed but we saw so many wonderful things along the way. Our CEO Driss was just fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble, he was always really happy and we learnt a lot from talking to him. All of the local guides in each city were also great, they were really knowledgeable and funny. We were lucky to have such great weather and a truly amazing group, of all ages and backgrounds. Highlights included the overnight camp in the desert and the local hammam... Seriously go and try it! You definitely need an open mind and a sense of adventure but this was one of the best trips I've ever done.Show detailed ratings
- RCRobinWritten on September 12, 20173.5 - GoodThe overall trip itself was good. I love Morocco (I had been before) and the other people on the tour were wonderful and really made the trip what it was. Unfortunately, a main issue I had in not giving the overall tour a better review was our tour guide, Yassine. The entire time he was very unenthused, didn't seem to care about us or really help us out, and rarely engaged or even took part in our meals/dinners/activities. And almost everyone on the trip took notice. An older woman on the tour even had a talk with him the night after the Sahara desert - just saying that he needed to explain more to us and give us more direction in general. He tried a little harder after that conversation but honestly, not that much harder. He is a very knowledgeable and smart young man, but I think that was the problem - he was too young. At 30 years old, it might be a little difficult to take true pride in your work / act selfishly in general. Maybe he should be placed with a younger, less mature audience going forward. Like - early 20s group. Anyway, that was a very disappointing part of the trip in general. My mother had been on a G adventure tour a few months before (hosted by Mohamed Air Logham) and she said she had the very best time because of how incredible Mohamed was. She still raves about him to this day, and he even asked Yassine to give me a call while we were on the bus because he wanted to say hello to me and send my mother a gift. I think if we had had a tour guide more like that - caring, helpful, informative, kind - it would have made a huge difference and I would have loved the trip. Another issue I had with the tour was "free time". The hotels we stayed at were not very centrally located so our free time consisted of twiddling our thumbs and sitting around for hours waiting for the next activity. Sometimes we sat around at the hotel pools...not really something I need to be doing during my short time in Morocco. Maybe some suggestions about what to do / less free time would be better. Casablanca was a complete waste of a time in general - we roamed the streets aimlessly for 3 hours and came back empty handed and confused. We were all so excited about the market place in Fes, but we found ourselves being RUSHED through the medina by Yassine and the local tour guide, with no free time or time to browse the little shops (only to find out the market place in Marrakech would be closed for the big holiday on Friday/Sat - which G adventures and our tour guide completely forgot to tell us...which I thought was very strange in general since that's a huge reason people go to Marrakech. Besides the below average tour guide, the strange locations of the hotels, the wasted free time, and noticing that we were charged double by G adventures for the hotel rooms (when we extended our stay in Marrakech, G adventures charged us $85 and if we booked it online, the same room was $39...so we cancelled), it would have been an amazing time. Not sure I would do G Adventures again.Show detailed ratings
- CynthiaWritten on August 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had such a wonderful time in Morocco. My tour leader Driss made the experience very memorable. I have so many people asking me about Morocco upon my return and they have been interested in traveling there after seeing and hearing about my experience.Show detailed ratings
- AnnaWritten on April 18, 20174.0 - GoodGreat trip - most of Morocco in a week!Show detailed ratings
- THTashaWritten on March 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this tour and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an overview of this culturally diverse and rich country. Our CEO and driver were great and made it a memorable and comfortable trip. The trip was well organized and provided a diversity of landscapes and experiences from exploring medinas to watching sunset from the Sahara Desert. The accommodation and meals were comfortable and filling and the inclusions and local guides made the trip very insightful.Show detailed ratings
- SASofiaWritten on March 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe whole tour was an amazing experience. We were able to see a lot in little time and It provided great diversity of activities. Great destination. Great service. I would recommend it to anyone. The accomodations were really comfortable and provide us with delicious breakfasts. Our driver was great, capable and friendly. But i think what really made the trip great was our guide. With great patience he was able to rein in a bunch of crazy tourists from all different places and show us the beautiful country he so clearly loves. Always with interesting notes about the places we were visiting and giving us options of activities. He truly got out of his way to make the trip a memorable experience for all of us.Show detailed ratings
- JayneWritten on December 7, 20164.0 - GoodThe trip was what I expected as the itinerary was explained well on the website, in the information pack and also by the CEO in the first meeting in the first night. It also helped to have a great bunch of fellow travelers who are of the same mind and are easy going and use to traveling. The bus transport is the only way to go around Morocco to see all the important places. I thinks think this particular tour covers the important areas in Morocco. Our CEO always did a great job of explaining everything and managing our expectations.Show detailed ratings
- EKEleniWritten on December 5, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was honestly one of the best trips I've ever taken in my life. Abdul,our guide, was so kind, funny, knowledgeable, attentive and just overall a wonderful person. LOVE YOU MAN!! The tour itself was fast paced but my mom and I had a blast and we couldn't believe how fun and good hearted everyone was In this group. The sites were incredible and the people made the trip that much more special. We always had the option of a group dinner at great local/authentic places and it's those little experiences that bring the whole trip and group together. And also, The night in the Sahara is already reason enough to take this trip. Like that's it. All you need. Trust me!!! Someone in the comments before mentioned a lot of forced infomercial-like activities but in my opinion that wasn't the case. They take you to cooperatives to learn about different products that Morocco specializes in so it's a learning experience about The culture. These few parts of the tour take 1 hour not even and you aren't forced to buy anything either. And even if you did want to get something, at least you know it's authentic since Its and picked by g adventures. Overall I Highly recommend this tour. There's a lot of thought that went into the itinerary and I came out knowing so much about Morocco and its culture. I NEVER take tours since I prefer to travel independently but this was one of The best travel decisions I've made. So happy I went and can't wait to go back!Show detailed ratings
- TCTanouWritten on November 3, 20164.0 - GoodThis was an amazing trip. I had lots of fun and experience places I did not expected. I am glad I did this tour. Our tour guide was awesome.Show detailed ratings
- LHliWritten on June 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had a great time in Morocco, the guide Ihoucine is so kind and helpful, everything is perfect.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Casablanca
- Day 2 Casablanca/Fès (1B)
- Day 3 Fès (1B, 1L)
- Day 4 Fès/Merzouga (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Merzouga/Todra Gorge (1B)
- Day 6 Todra Gorge/Ait Benhaddou (1B)
- Day 7 Ait Benhaddou/Marrakech (1B)
- Day 8 Marrakech (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Do you have a strict age requirement for this tour?
No, as long as you are up for it, then you are welcome to join.
- November 1, 2016
How many people can take this trip?
This tour is a small group experience; Maximmum 15 and on average 10 people are on this tour.
- August 1, 2016
How much is it to extend the tour so we can spend one night in Marrakech?
Once we have a confirmed booking we can provide you with a quote for an additional night stay at the end of the tour.
You will have sufficient time to explore Marrakech on the tour, however if there are a lot of sites that you're particularly interested in in this city it may be worth booking the extra night as well.
43 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their G Adventures Morocco Kasbahs & Desert tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 21st October 20172 comments"HI, Who is joining this trip to Morocco, departing Octobre 21st? Would be great to meet in advance. Yours Tanja"
- Departs 17th November 20171 comment"Who's coming along on this amazing adventure? ~ Anastasia from Manhattan!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tom, 72 years old20th April 2017
Morocco Kasbahs & Desert
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from CasablancaSaturdayOct 28, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- SundayOct 22, 2017from CasablancaSundayOct 29, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- MondayOct 23, 2017from CasablancaMondayOct 30, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from CasablancaSaturdayNov 4, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- SundayOct 29, 2017from CasablancaSundayNov 5, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- MondayOct 30, 2017from CasablancaMondayNov 6, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$34PriceUSD $8490 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from CasablancaSaturdayNov 11, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$36PriceUSD $8890 spaces left
- SundayNov 5, 2017from CasablancaSundayNov 12, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$36PriceUSD $8890 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from CasablancaSaturdayNov 18, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$36PriceUSD $8890 spaces left
- SundayNov 12, 2017from CasablancaSundayNov 19, 2017in MarrakeshOur saving$36PriceUSD $8890 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $849 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $849 for Morocco Kasbahs & Desert, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 192 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 338 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 159 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 145 km
- Ouarzazate (Morocco)
- 27 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 105 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $849 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,012 tours in Africa
- covered by 90 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 43 travellers have already met
before they left for Morocco Kasbahs & Desert tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Morocco Kasbahs & Desert