Best of Egypt 10 days & the Red Sea
- Our saving
- US $ 379
- +6 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Age range
- 15 to 60 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JAJoaquimWritten on November 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentPeter knowledge and passion for what he does is second to none. He not only keeps your interest captured with his stories of the history and fun facts about how Egypt basically invented everything first he also takes his time to make sure you understand it all and is always happy to answer questions. He made my trip the most enjoyable trip I have ever done, and I have recommended it Timeless Tours to all friends and suggested they ask for him as the guide.Show detailed ratings
- MMMilenaWritten on November 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentSimply amazing. Not sure where to start, this is the best tour i have ever done. Such a beautiful place, great tour guide, amazing history finally my dream came ture.Show detailed ratings
- CCCoskunWritten on November 20, 20175.0 - Excellent"The Best of Egypt.” I can honestly say that this was the best trip that my wife and I have ever undertaken and the best investment we have made in ourselves. "Timeless Tours" were fantastic and the organisation of everything from collecting us from the airport to returning us at the end of the trip, was flawless. Probably the "Best" of the tour was our Tour Guide, Sem Sem. Not only he was a fantastic guide but extremely helpful, a good communicator and a person of wonderful integrity. He literally "made" the tour the experience it was. I cannot express our gratitude adequately. "Timeless Tours" and Sem Sem . You earn top marks with a distinction in our book!Show detailed ratings
- GBGeorgeWritten on November 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour is the most amazing tour I hsve ever been. A fantastic tour itinerary combined the historical sites and the relaxing time by the Red Sea. All the hotels are very good. Our tour guides- semsem and Ramez were so helpful, professional anf hospitable. I was amazed by their spirit and the great effort they did with joy to make sure everyone in our 25 people group was satisfied and having great time. Egypt as a country is unique, so beautiful country. Thank you so much Timeless Tours for everything.Show detailed ratings
- JGJingleiWritten on November 16, 20173.0 - AverageI would like to start this review by saying that I am by no means trying to discourage people to go visit Egypt. Contrary I encourage people to go because the country is spectacularly beautiful and full of history. The Pyramids and the multiple temples we visited were all as majestic as advertised and the local people that we met along the way have all been very friendly, warm and welcoming. However my fiancé and I did not have a good experience with our tour and more specifically our tour guide therefore I will provide a detailed review of our tour so that if anyone is reading this and wanting to join this tour at least you will have a good idea if this is the tour for you. As we found out the hard way this was definitely not the tour for us and I don’t want anyone else to experience the same unpleasant surprises we experienced which dampened our trip overall and could have been avoided by choosing a different tour. My fiancé and I love to travel and have been all around the world and joined many tours. Egypt was always somewhere we both really wanted to visit and we really looked forward to our Best of Egypt and Red Sea 10-day tour. Unfortunately this tour turned out to be the least enjoyable tour we have joint to date because of: 1) The 3 hidden additional shopping itinerates added to our tour. Since the tour never mentioned that there would be time for shopping (which is the way we preferred because we just wanted to visit the sites listed and explore as much of Egypt as we can.) we decided that we would arrive in Cairo a day before the tour started so that we can do the usual tourist shopping if there was something that we really liked. We did find a few things that we liked and we bargained with the owner of the store until we were all happy with the prices and headed back happy that we had completed our shopping for the trip and looking forward to the start of the tour. However what we didn’t realize was that the hostel that we stayed in downtown Cairo that we prearranged with the tour company was actually run by the staff of the tour. They saw us come back with the items that we bought and notified the staff member that greeted us the first day we arrived in the country (he was also responsible for taking us to the hotel where we would meet our guide for the tour as well as the rest of our tour group before officially starting the tour.) The staff member got extremely agitated when we saw him again ready to head to the hotel to start the tour. His entire attitude changed and became quite upset with us and very unprofessional with his choice of explicit language. I was extremely upset with his reaction and the way he talked to my fiancé and was going to confront him however my fiancé calmed me down and said maybe the guy had our best intentions at heart because he continuously told us that we had overpaid for our items and that ALL the shop owners in downtown Cairo were liars. Turns out that the upset staff member only had his own interest at heart as we found out after that our tour was taken to undisclosed shopping locations throughout the whole trip by our tour guide just so we could buy from those particular shops. We have been around long enough to know exactly what was going on when we were all brought there by our tour guide. In fact our sightseeing was cut short just so we had time to go to the shops and spend on average 1 hour there without any other alternatives except for waiting on the bus and since some of these visits were conducted at the end of the day we were all very tired and hungry yet still had to endure the shrewd advertising tactics from our guide and the shop owners for the hour until we could finally be taken back to the hotel or cruise ship. There was never an option given to us to go back early if we were not interested so these hidden additions to our tour itinerary are in fact mandatory. Of course all the shops that we went to charged far more than what we paid for with items of similar or same quality in downtown Cairo so needless to say there would have been a handsome commission for our tour guide from every purchase. 2) Mandatory expensive meals on two occasions. Not all of the meals were included throughout this particular tour and we were completely fine with that because we have been on many other tours that did not include all meals so we either arranged meals with our guide or had the freedom to choose where we wanted to eat. However with this tour our guide never gave us any choices of meals it was either eat at the restaurant that we were taken or we would go hungry as the tour continued throughout the day. Because my fiancé and I had the extra day before the tour to explore, we knew that the food was extremely cheap even in downtown Cairo where we ate. However the restaurants that we were taken to by our guide was many times the prices that we paid for on the first day which we would have politely refused if only we were given other options other than to starve. 3) Our accommodation throughout the tour was abysmal apart from the resort at the Red Sea. I had clearly stated that we wanted a nonsmoking room with one big bed unfortunately we were given rooms with two single beds on both occasions while in Cairo (at the start of the tour and at the very end of the tour) on the first occasion I asked for our room to be changed and we were given a smoking room full of cigarette smell and on the second occasion at the same hotel in Cairo where we finished the tour we were actually not even surprise that we were given a room with two single beds again and we didn’t even bother asking for a change of room. During the three night cruise on the Nile we were given a room that smelt strongly of paint as if the room had recently been painted. The smell was so strong that we both started to have headaches. We could not take the smell so we asked the ship staff to change our rooms. We were given a room with two single beds and no TV where the smell was only slightly better than before. Turns out that most of the rooms smelt like pain after we asked other tour members. These accommodation issues made our experience of the tour very unenjoyably to say the least. We have been all around the world with different budgets so we do not mind a small modest room as long as its clean, to the specifications we asked for in terms of nonsmoking and one large bed. However they could not even get that right let along the paint smell on the cruise which was absolutely appalling because it rendered us having to go outside for fresh air and only going into the room when we were too tired and need to sleep. 4) Lastly our personal experiences with our tour guide was very underwhelming. Both my fiancé and I are of Chinese decent and live in Australia so we can understand that people may mispronounce our names or even find it hard to say however our tour guide did not even try. He either called us “you guys” while addressing us in front of the other tour members or handed us information directly without calling our names out whereas other members of the group were all called by name. (We were not the only Asian group members and we were definitely not the only two people that had non-conventional English names.) To his own credit if I can call it that, our guide did ask me privately how to pronounce our names I told him without any attitude and was actually impressed that he actually wanted to try although it was toward the end of the tour however he did not once call my fiancé or myself by name throughout the entirety of the tour. I believe that common courtesy and respect should be a must for all people especially for someone like a tour guide who as he says relies on tips of tour member to make ends meet. Unfortunately my fiancé and I were not even given the most basic of services in this regard. I do not want to go into more details on the other countless experiences with this tour guide and his lack of service towards us throughout the trip as I hope that this was only our own unique personal experience and that others hopefully did not have to endure such mistreatment. (I say this because we had been given another tour guide on the very last day as we had an additional day that other tour members did not and we were very satisfied and surprised how well our new tour guide treated us and it definitely made a difference to our overall experience for that day) Nonetheless the other aforementioned factors that added to the overall satisfaction of our tour could not be avoided even with a different guide therefore I hope that all interested patrons have read all that I have wrote so that you can make the best possible decision for yourself before going on this tour.Show detailed ratings
- PCPatriciaWritten on November 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy partner and I did the Best of Egypt tour and highly recommended it to all. The tour was very organised, had heaps of sites and activities, and we always felt safe and welcome. Our tour guide, Sem Sem, was better than I ever could have imagined. He is extremely knowledgeable and his passion and love for Egypt is contagious. I learned so much throughout this tour and was truly inspired. Sem Sem made everyone feel welcome, took great care of each and every person and he became someone we all admired and are happy to call our friend. I highly recommend this tour and would want all my family and friends to experience what we did! Very impressed!! This tour is a MUST DO!! Thank you Sem Sem :)Show detailed ratings
- RRobynWritten on October 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentGoing to Egypt was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was amazing. Go with no expectations and you will be blown away. Felt 100% safe at all times. Highly recommend visiting at least once in your life. It will change the way you see the world.Show detailed ratings
- MNMriduchandaWritten on June 11, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe are very happy with the tour organized by Timeless Travel. Everything was well organized. Pick ups were always on time and car quality was very good. Drivers were polite and efficient. The guides were very knowledgeable. The accommodations were pleasant and located conveniently. Overall it was a good itinerary. Hany was very patient with all my queries and provided the details that I asked for. He was flexible to accept the changes in the itinerary that I had requested for. The tour cost was very reasonable. They were kind enough to provide us a resting place before our late night flight.Show detailed ratings
- GemmaWritten on June 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip is what I expected as I had researched and looked at other reviews myself before choosing this tour. The tour has been fantastic, the sites and what there is to see in Egypt is incredible and you must do this at least one in your lifetime. The tour is safe and you are always with the guide and looked after, I haven't felt worried once since I've been here. The guide is fantastic and there is nothing that he doesn't know and above the knowledge he's extremely responsible and lovely. The accomodation has far exceeded my expectations! This tour is amazing, safe and like nothing else you will do.Show detailed ratings
- SSherryWritten on June 7, 20174.0 - GoodHad a great time in Egypt. The places I visted were amazing and Timeless Tours team made the trip very pleasant and enjoyableShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo - Giza Pyramids - Aswan
- Day 3: Aswan
- Day 4: Nile Cruise, Kom-Ombo, Edfu
- Day 5: Nile Cruise to Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor to Red Sea Hurghada
- Day 7: Hurghada, Red Sea
- Day 8: Hurghada, Red Sea
- Day 9: Back to Cairo
- Day 10: Cairo - Flight back home
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is it possible to fly from Cairo to Aswan instead of the overnight bus?
Yes. It's possible to fly from Cairo to Aswan instead of the overnight bus, the cost of the one way flight upgrade includes the flight and the night accommodation in Cairo hotel instead of the overnight travel.
- May 1, 2017
Is it possible to visit Abu Simbel?
It's possible to visit Abu Simbel. Actually Abu Simbel is one of the available optional excursions on the tour. Abu Simbel trip takes place on the 4th day of the tour early in the morning while in Aswan. It costs is per person including the A/C transportation, the Egyptologist tour guide and the entrance fees of the sights.
You can easily book it upon your arrival in Cairo at the briefing meeting on 1st day of the tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is a visit to Abu Simbel possible on this tour?
Yes. A visit to Abu Simbel is possible on this tour, it takes place on day 4 early in the morning while on the cruise in Aswan.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
Best of Egypt 10 days & the Red Sea
- Upcoming departures
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from CairoMondayDec 11, 2017in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from CairoMondayDec 18, 2017in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 16, 2017from CairoMondayDec 25, 2017in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 23, 2017from CairoMondayJan 1, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 30, 2017from CairoMondayJan 8, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 6, 2018from CairoMondayJan 15, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 13, 2018from CairoMondayJan 22, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 20, 2018from CairoMondayJan 29, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 27, 2018from CairoMondayFeb 5, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 3, 2018from CairoMondayFeb 12, 2018in CairoOur saving$286Price$665-43%USD $37910+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Timeless Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 January 2018 the full payment of $379 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $379 for Best of Egypt 10 days & the Red Sea, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Timeless Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Timeless Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Giza (Egypt)
- 681 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $379 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,013 tours in Africa
- covered by 96 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Egypt 10 days & the Red Sea via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5,950 travellers have already met
before they left for their Africa tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 21 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Egypt 10 days & the Red Sea