Wonders of the Pharaohs 10 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 743
- +6 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Age range
- 5 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Boat, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- LLuRodriguezWritten on May 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis guy is awesome and very personable. Great guideShow detailed ratings
- DavidWritten on May 9, 20184.0 - GoodI think it boils down to organization, timing and scheduling. We arrived in Egypt after a long flight from the west coast of the U.S. We got to the hotel fine with a slight mishap/misunderstanding at the airport, but that's fine. We met George our future tour guide at the hotel and he gave us a run-down of the next couple days. The following morning we met the rest of the group (two from the UK, four from Canada, three from the U.S. east coast, plus us two made eleven). We all soon got along really, really well and a diverse group it was--which was great! I soon realized though that we were all on varying itineraries of tours through Timeless Tours. The differences were length of the tour (9 or 10 days), whether some were traveling by van or plane and whether some were on a felucca cruise or on a boat cruise down the Nile. This presented some problems with coordinating schedules. We happened to choose flights between Cairo-Aswan and then Hurghada-Cairo. Others flew one way and took the van back and most were on the van the entire time. We were the only two flying all segments and none of this affected the group until we arrived back in Cairo from Hurghada (more on this later). Overall, the big picture was that we were saw A LOT of Egypt, both the countryside, plus the temples, museums and pyramids. It was great and we are so glad we went. This is a once in a lifetime trip, and Timeless came through. The hotels were clean. We loved the food (mostly buffet). The Nile cruise on the ship was fantastic. All the transfers were there to meet us to shuttle us from airports to hotels, so there was little to worry about on our part. Where improvements can be made (and this is meant to be constructive criticism) are in the areas of timing (eating and pick-up schedules) -- most of which could have been alleviated had we all been on the same tour. (Our's was the "Wonders of the Pharaohs"). There were several days where we were so busy that lunch turned into an early dinner. Then, dinner happened four hours later. It was explained that many sites close at 5pm so because we paid to see them, we had to get them in before closing. We were often rushed through sites because we were "running late". This was sort of irritating because I wanted to see everything yet not so quickly. We spent less than two hours in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, which was definitely not long enough. Our worst experience was the trip from Hurghada (where we stayed at a very nice all-inclusive resort) to Cairo. We were the only two who flew back. Some stayed an extra day there and other took a 5-6 hour van ride back. Well, we arrived in Cairo at 9:20am. We were picked up and taken to a downtown "hotel" where were were "to refresh and rest" and wait for the others. This was the Cecelia Hotel and it was not a hotel, nor even a motel. It was a youth hostel and it was zero stars. I was afraid to lie down on the beds and out the windows it looked like war zone. If we had been there only an hour I would have still been unhappy but that would have been digestible. We ended up waiting 3 hours. Not acceptable and due to our early departure from Hurghada we only had a breakfast box (mostly bread) and now no lunch. The group did not leave the Red Sea until 7:50am, so our idea of saving time and flying was a waste. Hurry up and wait in an unacceptable room in the downtown area where we couldn't even go out and walk around. When the group arrived we were whisked off to the Egyptian Museum with no lunch. By the time we saw that and the market bazaar we ended up not eating until 9pm. The Timeless Operations Manager met us at the hotel because he knew we were angry and he comped our meal for dinner, which was nice. Again, too many of us on varying schedules rather than all of us on the same tour and this would not have happened. I would suggest no one accept going to the Cecelia Hotel. And, that time waiting would have been better served eating lunch or having extra time in the Museum, in my opinion. I heard that the owner of Timeless Tours also owns Cecelia. I felt, too, that our visits to a perfumery and alabaster business provided kickbacks to the company for bringing in a group--but that is just my feeling. George (the guide) did his best to keep us all on track, but it was difficult and I could see it weighing on him. He knows his stuff, but I would suggest he slow down the pace a bit when he speaks so as to be better understood. It would have been nice to have him at the Karnak Temple as we were left to roam the largest temple site on our own with no one to explain what we were seeing. (Other groups had their guides with them inside). As far as the optional excursions go: a couple from the group did the hot air balloon ride and enjoyed it. One went to Alexandria prior to our group arriving and she liked it. All of us did the Abu Simbel tour and it was well worth it. Several people booked their own snorkeling/boating trips in Hurghada for a much better price. To summarize -- we had a great time. We are so glad we got to see Egypt and experience the warm people, food and history. I hope to have made lasting friendships even though we are now scattered around the world back in our respective homes. Egypt is safe--go!Show detailed ratings
- AAshleyWritten on May 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentPeter was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed learning about Egyptian history. He took care of everything and made the arrangements hassle-free for us. He was an awesome tour guide and I would request him again for any future Egyptian visits and recommend him to friends.Show detailed ratings
- EEmiWritten on May 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour. Good and very fast information before the tour, great guides, perfect travel, good organisation, great choice of places to visit and timing. The only drawback was the hotel in Cairo which had slow service. Thank you Mariam!Show detailed ratings
- TGTeresaWritten on April 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip was absolutely amazing! Kudos to Timeless Tours: we were very well taken care of from the moment we got to immigration in the Cairo airport to being dropped back off for our flight home, and we felt safe and welcome everywhere we went. This tour hit all the highlights: the first step pyramid (Imhotep & Saggara), Great Pyramids and Sphynx, the High Dam at Aswan, a multitude of temples that each had different significance (Philae, Kom ombo, Edfu, Luxor, Al Dier Al-Bahari, Karnak), Nile cruise, Valley of the Kings, relaxation at a wonderful resort in Hurghada (we did the snorkeling tour -well worth it), the open air market (Khan El Khalili), Egyptian museum and the Pharaonic Village. Our guide, Mariam, was knowledgeable and took very good care of us throughout, making sure we were informed not only about the historic sites but also about what was coming next on the tour. The Nile cruise (MS Madea) was relaxing, the crew were accommodating, and the food was very good. You have to pay for all your drinks (including any in the minifridge in your stateroom), but everything else was included. I wish we'd had time to stay in Hurghada longer: the Three Corners resort was lovely and the weather was fabulous. Most of the trip is go-go-go (with some wake-ups as early as 4am) so it was nice to have time to sit back and relax. The Oasis Hotel Pyramids in Cairo was fine but not nearly as nice. The only real disappointment of the trip was the weather's fault: our hot air balloon ride over Valley of the Kings was cancelled due to poor visibility. This trip was meant to be a "trip of a lifetime" and it did not disappoint!Show detailed ratings
- MMariaFranklinWritten on April 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentAll my life I wanted to go to Egypt and my daughter surprised me with this tour. It was first class all the way and anyone who takes one of these tours and gets Michael as a tour guide is indeed fortunate. He was knowledgeable. Best of all he treated all of us as special guests and could not do enough for us. I have to admit, I was apprehensive about going to Egypt but quickly discovered II had nothing to worry about. I felt completely safe and at ease during the entire tour. The Egyptian people are very friendly. One does have to learn to tolerate the vendors but for the most part if you say no, they leave you alone. This tour was excellent and a dream come ture for me. I thoroughly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- AAlexandraWritten on February 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentI would like to thank Mr Hany Kadry for making my dream trip come true!Timeless Egypt was recommended to me by a friend, however they have excedeed all my expectations. We booked a 10 days tour that was very well organized, as we crossed Egypt from North to South we felt safe the whole time. Everything from airport pick-up to transport between locations was set and made everything so easy as we enjoyed each and every moment of our trip. Our tour guide Ramez went above and beyond to make us feel at home in Egypt,showing great knowledge and professionalism. We will be back soon!Show detailed ratings
- CMConstantinWritten on February 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe organized a 10 days private tour with Timeless Egypt- Cairo, Aswan and Luxor. Every day was an amazing adventure as we stepped into the Pharao's footsteps. Our guide Rames was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Thank you for a wonderful holiday, and for making us feel at home in Egypt.Show detailed ratings
- WWendyWritten on December 19, 20174.0 - GoodAmazing Experience with an excellent and knowledgeable tour guide; the pace was a bit hectic but understandable considering we went to so many places; loved the diversity of people who were there.Show detailed ratings
- SJScottWritten on December 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip of a lifetime, I encourage all to visit Egypt. Timeless Tours did a great job, from meeting us at the airport to amazing temple visits and information, right until the drop off. Our group was diverse but got along perfectly. I felt a great sense that they really cared and tried to make all requests possible. We had two guides Method and Ramos, they really know and love their country. The transportation was comfortable, hotels safe and clean, and the cruise accommodations were great, we had a private balcony to watch the world go by. Thank you for an enjoyable and educational vacation.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo - Giza Pyramids (Breakfast)
- Day 3: Aswan (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 4: Nile Cruise, Kom-Ombo, Edfu (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 5: Nile Cruise to Luxor (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 6: Luxor to Red Sea Hurghada (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 7: Hurghada, Red Sea (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Day 8: Back to Cairo (Breakfast)
- Day 9: Cairo (Breakfast)
- Day 10: Flight back home (Breakfast)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
- After the devastating event that took place in North Sina Egypt we asked our travellers who are currently on our Nile Jewel 9 day tour How do they feel about safety in the tour, and this is what they had to say. Please watch and share
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Please can you confirm where we will stay on day 7 and how long the bus trip is to Hurghada?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- October 1, 2016
Is it possible to customize the tour?
A custom tour is possible, and we'll be more than happy to check out your options. Kindly get in touch with us for additional information.
- August 1, 2016
Is this tour available anytime?
This trip is available whenever you would like to travel as it is an independent tour. You would be accompanied by your local guide and all transport and accommodation is included.
This tour operator is largely based in Egypt so you are guaranteed to have an authentic experience at excellent value
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi everyone, I'm Botrous aka Peter as my friends like to call me. Born and raised near Luxor where I..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Wonders of the Pharaohs 10 Days
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo10 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$332$1,075-31%USD $743
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Timeless Tours Ltd booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $743 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $743 for Wonders of the Pharaohs 10 Days, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Timeless Tours Ltd will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Timeless Tours Ltd : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 4 km
- Giza (Egypt)
- 681 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $743 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,070 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Wonders of the Pharaohs 10 Days via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wonders of the Pharaohs 10 Days