Europe Explorer - 18 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,325
- 18 days of stunning scenery, art, history and culture
- Rewarding group tour experience
- Stroll the vibrant avenue Las Ramblas
- Experienced tour guides
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KKimWritten on January 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe did the 18 day tour back end of July to Aug and all i can say that it was fantastic. Expat take you to places and towns you wouldnt normally go to if you did it by yourself. Our group was a great group of all different ages and nationalitys that all got on well. Most of the hotels we stayed in were all ok -comfortable , clean and did the job- nothing flash - but for the money you pay for the trip we didnt expect 5 star. Our Tour leader Rose Brown was one of the best ive come accross , she was friendly, helpful- she knew her stuff and was a wealth of knowledge on just about any country we went to. Gary our driver did a great job also getting us around Europe safely , he was a friendly guy who also knew his stuff. Would totally recommend going on a tour with Rose & Gary as they are a great team .Over all i had the best time and would definately do another Tour with Expat Tours. Do yourself a favour and book with Expat and hope you get Rose & Gary as you wont be dissapointed. Kim KimShow detailed ratings
- AJALBERTWritten on January 3, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a really fun trip and we all really owed it to one person, our tour guide Rose! She was simply outstanding. She really made the experience fun and personal on what would have been a very touristy experience. If you decide to do this tour make sure that you pack some good walking shoes, a personal fan, a bottle for water, and mindset for adventure. Ask for Rose Brown to be your tour guide! You won't be disappointed! (And Gary the bus driver was a hoot, as well.)Show detailed ratings
- JQJaneWritten on October 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentI enjoyed the tour with expat explore.Show detailed ratings
- GKGeraldineWritten on September 30, 20171.5 - Rather poorThis trip was 50%nightmare !Our guide was so rude !She actually tried to trow my spouse and I off the coach in the middle of nowhere in The Netherlands ! We're in our late sixties !I ask her to stop yelling at me and stop picking on us !She was so rude and she spent hours lecturing on her Openion of the second world war !Who wants to hear this in your vacation ?They let the toilets go uncleaned and not emptied for days and the Coach smelled so bad !!She gets angry if you stop to rest you basically have to Sprint through the sites you should be enjoying !N the beginning she wasn't so rude but half way through she just seemed to hate her job !She removed time and a scheduled dinner in Florence and that was so upsetting to me !Instead we went to a small village where it was a distance away to get dinner and we would have had to be out there looking late at night with no help !She ask the hotel worker to give her a ride to the Pizzeria yet didn't give any one else the Same consideration !We just went to bed hungry ! Worst travel experience of my life !Some of the accommodations were nice others horrible !!We had to drag our luggage for several blocks in Nice France !The traffic was heavy there !I would never have dreamed this would be so bad !Nice people on Coach tour made it more pleasant but a lot were saying never again !Show detailed ratings
- SuzyWritten on September 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip of a lifetime for our daughter and myself! We visited 8 countries in 3 weeks. We checked MANY items off our bucket list, experienced incredible culture, ate delicious foods, saw architecture and history I never thought I would see and made friends for a lifetime. We can't say enough about our driver Minty and our tour leader Shabby. Prior to arrival in each city Shabby would educate us all on history, safety, public transportation, local attractions, a quick language lesson and let's not forget FOOD. They both were fun, cool and made our coach rides very entertaining. Shabby and Minty represented Expat very well. I would highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to book again! Loved our tour!Show detailed ratings
- NadaWritten on September 18, 20174.0 - GoodThe 18 day tour was pretty full on but amazing. Got to see so many places in just a short time. Hotels were basic but clean and our tour leader Emma was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Dan the driver got us around safely.Show detailed ratings
- BevWritten on September 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur trip was excellent. Loved all the places we went. Some places would have been nice to have more time in but there is so much to see in just 18 days. Our tour guide Shabby was "da bomb" and Minty our driver "the best", the trip wouldn't have been without them. I would recommend Expat to anyone, they are a really professional company.Show detailed ratings
- MatthewWritten on September 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhatever i write here cannot give justice to how truly magnificent this was.A massive thank you to our tour leader Shabby and driver Minty for all they did and the directions and guidance they gaveShow detailed ratings
- AliciaWritten on August 31, 20175.0 - Excellent18 days , was great experience, Emma tour lady was very goodShow detailed ratings
- DCDouglasWritten on August 14, 20174.0 - GoodThe overall trip was amazing. The people we met on the tour really enhanced our experience and made each day enjoyable. Rose, our guide, was incredible. She was entertaining, fun, knowledgeable, caring and knew exactly when we needed quite time and when we were ready for some fun on the coach. The hotels we stayed in were fine. We weren't expecting 4 star accommodations. The daily breakfasts were lacking and disappointing in most places but Abba Gardens blew everyone else away. Also the pool at this hotel was a welcome relief. Gary our driver was superb! Man that guy can drive and keep you safe. He is also very fun outside of work. He is not shy and will be the first in the lake in Switzerland! The included excursions can be missed. The perfumery, Harry's Watch store and cheese/clog demonstrations add nothing to the trip but time to allow Gary a respite from driving. These stops felt as if we got stuck in an infomercial or time share presentation.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: London - Paris
Start point Outside Hotel Novotel at Greenwich station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 06:30
- Day 2: Paris - Free day
- Day 3: Burgundy - Beaujolais - Avignon
- Day 4: Pont du Gard - Barcelona
- Day 5: Barcelona - Free day
- Day 6: Arles - French Riviera
- Day 7: Monaco - French Riviera
- Day 8: Pisa - Florence - Tuscany
- Day 9: Tuscany - Rome
- Day 10: Rome - Free day
- Day 11: Siena - Venice
- Day 12: Venice
- Day 13: Bellinzona - Swiss Alps
- Day 14: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 15: Black Forest - Rhine Valley
- Day 16: Rhine Valley - Amsterdam
- Day 17: Amsterdam - Free day
Day 18: Bruges - London
End point Greenwich train station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 18:30 – 21:30
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Paris - Ibis la Defense
Address: 4 Boulevard de Neuilly, 92400 Courbevoie, France
Swiss Alps - Alpenrose Hotel & Gardens
Address: Kirchgasse 72B, 3812 Wilderswil, Switzerland
Tuscany - Hotel Massimo d'Azeglio
Address: Corso Matteotti 42, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT, Italy
Rome - Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
Address: Via Cristoforo Colombo, 710, 00144 Roma RM, Italy
Venice - Elite Residence Hotel
Address: Via Forte Marghera, 119, 30173 Venezia VE, Italy
Rhine Valley - Rheinlust
Address: Rheinallee 27-30, 56154 Boppard, Germany
Amsterdam - Hampton by Hilton Schipol Airport
Address: Neptunusstraat 1, 2132 JA Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Barcelona - Ibis Meridiana
Address: Heron City, Passeig d'Andreu Nin, 9, 08016 Barcelona, Spain
Avignon - Ibis Budget Avignon
Address: 8 Boulevard Saint-Dominique, 84000 Avignon, France
French Riviera - ibis Styles Nice Aéroport Arenas
Address: 127 Boulevard René Cassin, 06300 Nice, France
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Expat Explore Travel | Comfort Tours Video
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 28, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Venice Gondola Ride. Price: EUR 20
Verona Evening Excursion. Price: EUR 45
Murano, Burano & Venetian lagoon. Price: EUR 45
Venice by night. Price: EUR 30
Vatican City guided tour. Price: EUR 50
Colosseum & Roman Forum Guided Tour. Price: EUR 35
Tuscan Dinner. Price: EUR 22
Paragliding. Price: EUR 155
Sky-diving. Price: CHF 395
White-Water River Rafting. Price: EUR 108
Train to Jungfraujoch. Price: EUR 175
Swiss Dinner. Price: EUR 25
Flamenco show and dinner. Price: EUR 75
Catalan tapas dinner. Price: EUR 25
Amsterdam Dungeon. Price: EUR 21
Heineken Experience. Price: EUR 18
Madame Tussauds. Price: EUR 22
Montparnasse Observation Deck. Price: EUR 15
Cabaret Show. Price: EUR 70-90
River Seine Cruise. Price: EUR 12
Paris + Tour. Price: EUR 50
An Evening in Montmartre. Price: EUR 40
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- March 28, 2018
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Unfortunately, Expat Explore can not book your pre/post accommodation for this tour but you are more than welcome to book directly with the hotel yourself.
- April 1, 2017
Is there a hotel list available?
Unfortunately, Expat Explore does not release the exact list of hotels that will be used on tour until 5 days prior to the departure.
This is a list of hotels that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
- Paris - Ibis la Defense
- Swiss Alps - Alpenrose Hotel & Gardens
- Tuscany - Hotel Massimo d'Azeglio
- Rome - Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
- Venice - Elite Residence Hotel
- Rhine Valley - Rheinlust
- Amsterdam - Hampton by Hilton Schipol Airport
- Barcelona - Ibis Meridiana
- Avignon - Ibis Budget Avignon
- French Riviera - ibis Styles Nice Aéroport Arenas
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
Expat Explore has searched and invested in excellent budget accommodation either located in cities or well placed with good public transport connections. They use mostly 3-star hotels for their different tours. On this tour, you will stay in twin share rooms and if you are a single traveller, you will be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same gender or you have the option to book a single room at an additional price.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
- "Once upon a time, in a sleepy little village near Bristol, there lived a chubby, curly-haired girl called..."
- "I love to travel, so this job is perfect. I get to meet passengers of all ages and from all over the..."
453 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Europe Explorer - 18 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 8th May 20181 comment"Hi ! I’m Pam and I’m traveling with my Mom , the tour that would start May 8 in London. Just wondering.... since we’re going to have a free day in Spain. I have my brother in law there waiting for us and willing to show us different places that wasn’t in our package . He would provide transportation and food (optional for dinner) after the tour. Whoever wants to join us, pls send me an email so I could forward the details and amount that we need to pay. For sure it would be less expensive than if you’ll do it on your own. It’s going to be more fun and convenient for us, even just at Barcelona Spain, since we don’t know the place yet. If anyone is willing to join us, pls send me a message at pam_ bitancor @yahoo.com. Limited spots only because it’s hard to provide for the whole tour group. Small group would be fun and exciting, thanks and looking forward in meeting all of you at our 18 days upcoming tour. Have a Blessed Day!"
- Departs 15th May 20184 comments"Hi I am Michelle Traveling with my 2 sisters Diane and Trudy "+2
- Departs 26th June 20181 comment"Hi everyone, my husband and I are very excited for this trip and cannot wait to meet you all Sue :)"
- Departs 21st August 20183 comments"I am already counting down "+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joan13th January 2018
Europe Explorer - 18 Days
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from London18 DaysFridayMay 25, 2018to London4 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,400$4,295-33%USD $2,895
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to London5 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,660$4,295-39%USD $2,635
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to London7 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,580$4,295-37%USD $2,715
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to London7 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,580$4,295-37%USD $2,715
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to London6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,470$4,295-34%USD $2,825
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $4,295Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from London18 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,580$4,295-37%USD $2,715
- TuesdayJul 17, 2018from London18 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,695$4,295-39%USD $2,600
- TuesdayJul 31, 2018from London18 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,695$4,295-39%USD $2,600
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from London18 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to London10+ seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $1,945$4,295-45%USD $2,350
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco , Italy , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 June 2018 the full payment of $2,325 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2325 for Europe Explorer - 18 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 276 km
- Beaune (France)
- 342 km
- Avignon (France)
- 357 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 325 km
- Arles (France)
- 212 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 240 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,325 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,745 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 78 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe Explorer - 18 Days