- Our saving
- US $ 2,492
- Go snorkelling with sea lions
- Relax on black sand beaches
- Visit a giant tortoise breeding centre
- Spot flamingos, penguins and more
- Rather Poor
- AFAlisonWritten on November 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Just the best tour I ever undertook
- JGJohnWritten on January 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Intrepid seems like a pretty good company. They emphasize a low impact, high quality experience that enables the traveler to experience the local culture and people.
- HHHarveyWritten on September 7, 20174.5 - Excellent
We just finished a 7-day Galapagos Intrepid Active Tour aboard the motor yacht Daphne. Excellent overall experience. Yacht has 8 cabins, handles 16 passengers. Crew of 6: Captain, First Mate, chef, cabin boy and server, engineer, and deck hand. All went... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Harvey, thank you very much for your review - both the positive words and the constructive feedback. Hearing from our passengers is invaluable as it helps us to know where we’re meeting (and hopefully exceeding!) expectations; we always share comments like these with our entire global team and they are very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip with us in future … now that you’ve ticked Galapagos off the bucket list, where’s next? :) Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
- RogerWritten on August 4, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The place is outstanding but our guide was the worst guide I've ever had and spoiled it a bit. He treated everyone like schoolchildren and ves very arrogant. I wouldn't recommend this tour just incasevyou get him as the guide
- ASAllaWritten on May 15, 20172.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
To Whom It May Concern: My husband recently purchased the day-10 Active Galapagos tour with Intrepid. Having conducted research in advance on similar trips, the cost of these excursions was heavily influenced by stay amenities, as well as by the... Read more
- VenetiaWritten on March 29, 20173.5 - Good
Footnote: I did find that this tour was lacking a well trained guide who needs more organizational skills and training, and at the end we found out that this was his 2nd tour which explained a lot.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Venetia, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were disappointed to read that you felt your guide was under qualified on your tour. Venetia, we would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
- VenetiaWritten on March 29, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I have visited Vietnam, Bolivia, Australia and Iceland with Intrepid and all were good tours.I was disappointed that this tour did not have more varied wildlife and I was not able to do a couple of activities like the volcano tour which I enquired about in... Read more
- MMeganWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Best trip ever! In the Galapagos you will see giant tortoises wandering on volcanoes and sea lions swimming along side you. It was nice to do a land based trip where you stay on the islands instead of on the boat. We got to see how locals live. Te tour was... Read more
- BreezeWritten on December 28, 20154.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Great trip. Constant activities, good hotels and excellent marine and land based animal viewing. Volcano hike very worthwhile to do the full 6 hours - If it's raining gum boots for the first hour.
- TomWritten on December 9, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Quito
- Day 2: Isla San Cristobal, Galapagos
- Day 3: Isla San Cristobal, Galapagos
- Day 4: Isla Floreana/Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 5: Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 6: Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 7: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
- Day 8: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
- Day 9: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos/ Quito
- Day 10: Quito
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When are the seas at their calmest in the Galapagos?
During the warmer season, which runs from January through May, the seas tend to be calmer and warmer during these months. The average temperatures during this season are around 30°C (86°F).
What is the lodging like?
Where we stay ensures we keep our travellers firmly entrenched in a region’s people and culture, and provides them with unique local experiences that benefits the community too. In most locations we stay in simple tourist-class hotels ( 2-3 stars), plus on many trips you'll also get to experience a night with a local family on a homestay or something a little different like a Bedouin camp in the Sahara."
When are the seas the calmest?
In relation to your question regarding the seas, the warm season runs from January to May with an average temperature of 30°C (86°F). The seas are also calmer and warmer during these months.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayDec 3, 2018to Quito0 seats left$130USD $3,130+ $130 local payment costs
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to Quito5 seats left$123USD $2,952+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayDec 10, 2018to QuitoOnly 2 seats left$127USD $3,038+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to Quito0 seats left$129USD $3,101+ $130 local payment costs
- ThursdayDec 13, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Quito7 seats left$419$3,075-14%USD $2,656+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to QuitoOnly 3 seats left$419$3,075-14%USD $2,656+ $130 local payment costs
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to QuitoOnly 3 seats left$127USD $3,038+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayDec 31, 2018to Quito0 seats left$123USD $2,952+ $130 local payment costs
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to QuitoOnly 1 seat left$129USD $3,101+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJan 7, 2019to Quito0 seats left$127USD $3,038+ $130 local payment costs
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Quito.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $2,492 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2492 for Active Galapagos, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Quito (Ecuador)
- 1,219 km
- Isla San Cristobal (Ecuador)
- 127 km
- Floreana (Ecuador)
- 95 km
- Isla Isabela (Ecuador)
- 88 km
- Isla Santa Cruz (Ecuador)
- 1,323 km
- Quito (Ecuador)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,492 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,962 tours in Latin America
- covered by 176 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Active Galapagos
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers