- Our saving
- US $ 2,822
- Go snorkelling with sea lions
- Relax on black sand beaches
- Visit a giant tortoise breeding centre
- Spot flamingos, penguins and more
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- JGJohnWritten on January 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentIntrepid seems like a pretty good company. They emphasize a low impact, high quality experience that enables the traveler to experience the local culture and people.Show detailed ratings
- HHHarveyWritten on September 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe just finished a 7-day Galapagos Intrepid Active Tour aboard the motor yacht Daphne. Excellent overall experience. Yacht has 8 cabins, handles 16 passengers. Crew of 6: Captain, First Mate, chef, cabin boy and server, engineer, and deck hand. All went out of their way to be attentive, helpful, and personable. Food was excellent and varied, help was abundant, from getting on and off the zodiacs to putting on and taking off wet suits. Boat was spotlessly clean, and cabin was made up twice daily. Itinerary and activities were excellent and varied, and definitely active. Tour guide, Jacinto, was excellent. Downsides: Hotel in Quito for use night before and night after the tour was crummy: old, very tiny room (#4), small double bed, not heat or air, small bathroom, only one working electrical outlet. We were supposed to have a "box breakfast" provided, b/c we had to leave for the airport at 4:30 AM. It turned out to a plastic bag with two cold pieces of bread, a piece each of cheese and ham, and a small container of yogurt. You also have to pay extra for wet suits: $20 for half week, $40 for full week. I had previously called Intrepid in Australia to enquire about wet suits and cost, and I was told that they were provided for no extra cost. We skipped our final hotel night and booked in a very decent hotel 5 minutes from the original one. Finally, Quito-based Intrepid woman responsible for our pre-trip "briefing", gave us quite a bit of misinformation. Would rate this experience as 4-star out of 5Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Harvey, thank you very much for your review - both the positive words and the constructive feedback. Hearing from our passengers is invaluable as it helps us to know where we’re meeting (and hopefully exceeding!) expectations; we always share comments like these with our entire global team and they are very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip with us in future … now that you’ve ticked Galapagos off the bucket list, where’s next? :) Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
- RogerWritten on August 4, 20173.0 - AverageThe place is outstanding but our guide was the worst guide I've ever had and spoiled it a bit. He treated everyone like schoolchildren and ves very arrogant. I wouldn't recommend this tour just incasevyou get him as the guideShow detailed ratings
- VenetiaWritten on March 29, 20173.0 - AverageI have visited Vietnam, Bolivia, Australia and Iceland with Intrepid and all were good tours.I was disappointed that this tour did not have more varied wildlife and I was not able to do a couple of activities like the volcano tour which I enquired about in advance as far as other options, and there was too much time spent snorkelling.The guide was not experienced and often left us too much "free time" which meant he got a break and we had to fend for ourselves.Show detailed ratings
- MMeganWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentBest trip ever! In the Galapagos you will see giant tortoises wandering on volcanoes and sea lions swimming along side you. It was nice to do a land based trip where you stay on the islands instead of on the boat. We got to see how locals live. Te tour was well organized with lots of included activities but plenty of free time to explore on my own.Show detailed ratings
- BreezeWritten on December 28, 20154.0 - GoodGreat trip. Constant activities, good hotels and excellent marine and land based animal viewing. Volcano hike very worthwhile to do the full 6 hours - If it's raining gum boots for the first hour.Show detailed ratings
- TomWritten on December 9, 2015Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- RGRosemaryWritten on December 3, 20154.0 - GoodThe holiday was fantastic...guide was excellent and certainly made every effort to ensure we were well looked after and got to know each member of the group well and made the whole thing great fun....lots of energyShow detailed ratings
- SamanthaWritten on October 19, 20124.0 - GoodThe guide was fantastic and although some of the acomodation was basic it was adequate, and didn't go to the galapagos to sit in my room!! We didn't stop and the title active galapagos is very apt, all included meals are least two courses, more often three - even breakfast. Would recommend!!!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 19, 20104.0 - GoodRebecca was to contact me before departure to confirm political unrest btwn military and police in Quito had been resolved as a travel warning had been posted. She did not.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Quito
- Day 2: Isla San Cristobal, Galapagos
- Day 3: Isla San Cristobal, Galapagos
- Day 4: Isla Floreana/Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 5: Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 6: Isla Isabela, Galapagos
- Day 7: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
- Day 8: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
- Day 9: Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos/ Quito
- Day 10: Quito
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- August 28, 2016
When are the seas at their calmest in the Galapagos?
During the warmer season, which runs from January through May, the seas tend to be calmer and warmer during these months. The average temperatures during this season are around 30°C (86°F).
- August 1, 2016
What is the lodging like?
Where we stay ensures we keep our travellers firmly entrenched in a region’s people and culture, and provides them with unique local experiences that benefits the community too. In most locations we stay in simple tourist-class hotels ( 2-3 stars), plus on many trips you'll also get to experience a night with a local family on a homestay or something a little different like a Bedouin camp in the Sahara."
- August 1, 2016
When are the seas the calmest?
In relation to your question regarding the seas, the warm season runs from January to May with an average temperature of 30°C (86°F). The seas are also calmer and warmer during these months.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Quito8 seats left$498$3,320-15%USD $2,822+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to QuitoOnly 1 seat leftUSD $3,450+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Quito0 seats leftUSD $3,320+ $130 local payment costsSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Quito5 seats leftUSD $3,320+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to QuitoOnly 2 seats leftUSD $3,355+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Quito8 seats left$332$3,320-10%USD $2,988+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to QuitoOnly 1 seat leftUSD $3,320+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Quito4 seats leftUSD $3,320+ $130 local payment costs
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Quito10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Quito5 seats leftUSD $3,385+ $130 local payment costs
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from Quito10 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Quito10+ seats leftUSD $3,320+ $130 local payment costs
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Ecuador. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Quito.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $2,822 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2822 for Active Galapagos, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Quito (Ecuador)
- 1,219 km
- Isla San Cristobal (Ecuador)
- 127 km
- Floreana (Ecuador)
- 95 km
- Isla Isabela (Ecuador)
- 88 km
- Isla Santa Cruz (Ecuador)
- 1,323 km
- Quito (Ecuador)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,822 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,241 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Active Galapagos
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers