Guatemala to Mexico
- Our saving
- US $ 1,171
- Playa del Carmen
- Step back in time in colonial Antigua
- Visit the Caribbean coast of Guatemala
- See the astonishing ruins of Tikal
- Feast on fresh lobster in Belize
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- MichaelWritten on April 19, 20184.0 - GoodGreat trip. We got a little sick in Guatemala (don't order the beef nachos at Tortugal in Rio Dolche). Other than that, our guide was great, we covered a lot of ground, had some nice meals, explored the ATM cave (a highlight), snorkelled with turtles and nurse sharks, and samples guacamole, hot sauces and margaritas in Mexico. I also dived four cenotes in Tulum which was definitely a highlight of the tour. Highly recommended.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Michael, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear you had a great time in Guatemala and Mexico. Sorry to hear that you got a little sick, that can be rough when travelling! But it sounds like it didn’t slow you down from trying all of the other delicious treats. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- GSGregWritten on March 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentTikal visit, Antigua, water taxi to Caye de CaulkerShow detailed ratings
- BelindaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentLOVED this tour - the perfect mix of culture, sunshine, good vibes and delicious food all wrapped in a style of travel that gives you those one-of-a-kind moments that I would never find on my own. Oh, and my leader was SUPERB! Could not do enough to make sure our group had the BEST holiday ever.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Belinda, Thanks for sharing your experience (and photos) with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us in Central America. Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – where to next? I get the feeling you might also really enjoy our trips in Asia - you should check them out! Kind regards, Intrepid
- RRowanWatersWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentFirst time to Central America and this trip did not disappoint. The perfect mix of included and optimal activities, history, sights and amazing beaches. We stayed in some really cool local hotels and our leader new all the local secrets when it came to food, drinks and how to use our free time. Awesome!!!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Rowan, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Central America. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon – if you’re into big adventures, have you ever considered Africa? Kind regards, Intrepid
- ChrissyWritten on March 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat Tour with a mix of relaxing and adventure!Show detailed ratings
- MNMakiWritten on May 11, 20163.5 - GoodIt was great tour and glad to see different aspect of Guatemala, Belieze, Mexico. I really enjoyed. Tour guide took care of us well and gave a lot of information in each place. However, clearly there were several times miscommunication between the tour companies and tour guide? Tour, Hotel, transportation, local guides etc... Overall, it was a great tour.Show detailed ratings
- SimonaWritten on December 7, 20152.5 - AverageThe trip was overall good but.... when booking have in mind that if something goes wrong, Intrepid will just say that the only thing you can do is to liaise with your insurance... On day 2 of my tour, we were suppose to go from Cancun to Merida and Intrepid send us a mini van without appropriate space for luggages. Nevertheless, the driver decided to leave in any case, squeezing some bags in the car, and "fixing" the other outside. Well... mine was lost on the way... I had 15 days of my holiday ahead and nothing of my items left... no iPhone charger, no kindle, no clothes, no underwear, no toiletries. .. the day after the driver bought for me a few clothes to survive during the trip but... Intrepid does not want to refund anything and for me, as they were the cause of the problem, this is the real signal that they are not serious.... In other words... if everything goes well, WELL! But if something go wrong... they do not care.... So... why to book with them?Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 16, 20104.0 - GoodI enjoyed the trip. Don\'t really have any problems with the itinerary. The group size was a bit small, but that can\'t be helped. The Green Hotel was a bit basic in Flores.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Antigua
- Day 2: Antigua
- Day 3: Rio Dulce
- Day 4: Rio Dulce
- Day 5: Flores
- Day 6: Tikal/San Ignacio
- Day 7: Caye Caulker
- Day 8: Caye Caulker
- Day 10: Tulum
- Day 11: Tulum
- Day 12: Playa del Carmen
- Day 13: Playa del Carmen
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Guatemala and Mexico 13 days tour. Where can I find the itinerary ?
You can see the full itinerary by clicking the "Itinerary" section on the tour page, or by clicking the link below!
What does the cost of this tour include?
The tour cost includes accommodations, transportation, and some activities. Meals are not included, please budget $280 USD for additional meals and expenses while on your trip. Our suggestion is based on past traveller feedback but you may choose to spend more or less.
What accommodation and meals are included?
In the price of the trip you have included 12 night hotel accommodation and no meals
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Guatemala to Mexico
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Playa del Carmen0 seats left$61USD $1,464
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdayAug 14, 2018to Playa del Carmen0 seats left$64USD $1,536
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Antigua13 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to Playa del Carmen4 seats left$61USD $1,464
- ThursdayAug 16, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdayAug 28, 2018to Playa del CarmenOnly 2 seats left$62USD $1,493
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdaySep 4, 2018to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$354$1,525-23%USD $1,171
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdaySep 11, 2018to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$281$1,525-18%USD $1,244
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Antigua13 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Playa del Carmen0 seats left$63USD $1,522
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Playa del Carmen7 seats left$207$1,525-14%USD $1,318
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Antigua13 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to Playa del Carmen5 seats left$218$1,600-14%USD $1,382
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Antigua13 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Playa del Carmen9 seats left$207$1,525-14%USD $1,318
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Guatemala, Belize and Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Guatemala, Belize and Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Guatemala and Belize. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Guatemala, Belize and Mexico. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Belize. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Antigua is the starting point and Playa del Carmen is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 September 2018 the full payment of $1,171 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1171 for Guatemala to Mexico, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 223 km
- Rio Dulce (Guatemala)
- 170 km
- Flores (Guatemala)
- 44 km
- Tikal (Guatemala)
- 57 km
- San Ignacio (Belize)
- 129 km
- Caye Caulker (Belize)
- 281 km
- Tulum (Mexico)
- 61 km
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,171 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,420 tours in Latin America
- covered by 120 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Guatemala to Mexico
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers