Cycle the Baltics
- Our saving
- US $ 1,762
- Take a stroll in Talinn's Old Town
- Bike through Lahemaa National Park
- View stunning ancient villages
- Swim at a Latvian seaside resort
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Bicycle, Adventure
4 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis trip provides an informative, especially from a historical and political perspective, insight into the Baltic States. Experience it for yourself now and your perspective will change. Plus these countries will change and evolve in the coming years. The relaxed but still very busy trip, combines a balanced mix of exercise, scenery, history, architechture and an introduction to the three countries.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The cycle ride down the Curonian Spit a Unesco site.What did you think of your group leader?Because of circumstances we had two guides (Polish) who spoke perfect English and were well versed especially from an historical point of view.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?You will not be totally fed on dumplings and pork. The food may come as a surprise as will the quality of the accommodation
- AnonymousWritten on August 1, 20134.0 - GoodA well planned trip visiting the three Baltic Countries which have successfully emerged from being states of the USSR and now showing their individual characteristics. Cycling is an ideal way to see the Countries away from the big cities.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The Countryside is mostly flat and the traffic light so cycling was not a problem and we did not cycle in any of the large cities. The distances of a maximum of 50kms per day were easily manageable. I am not a cyclist but a runner and although I had done some cycle training before the holiday, I had no problem with the cycling. A measure of fitness is required for this trip.The Cities of Tallinn, Riga and Villinius are interesting and my only criticism of the trip is that insufficient time was allowed to visit these places and if you have the time available, I would recommend arriving a day earlier than the trip and leaving a day later. The tour araound Cecis Casle could be dropped in favour of an earlier departure for Riga.What did you think of your group leader?We had two Group Leaders, Petyr met us in Tallinn and stayed to Lielupa and then Tomas took over for the remainder of the trip. Both Leaders were satisfactory but lacked the sprak of enthusiasm usually associated wth Exodus leaders.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Just as you are approaching Klaipeda you use a cycle track which is fast but a post has been broken off leaving about three inches protruding in the middle of the track. I did not see it and fell off the cycle breaking my collar bone and severely bruising myself. The Lithuanian A&E was excellent and I did not have to pay anything as I had the E111 card.Beware of that post, I am sure that all the potential leaders of this trip will be warned of its existence now and hopefully the local Company are putting pressure on the Klapedia authorities to saw off the post to ground level.Is there anything else you would like to add?This is a very well planned trip which is still in its first year of operation for Exodus and with just a few modifications to allow greater time in the Cities would make it a first class trip. The Hotels were excellent throughout and the food served of a high quality and the restaurants always took great care in the presentation of the meals.Another very enjoyable Exodus trip.
- AnonymousWritten on July 24, 20132.0 - Rather poorGood trip for covering 3 countries in 11 days but very disappointing to find that the terrain was extremely flat so certainly not moderate in terms of difficulty. Should be regraded to easy.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Picturesque towns and cities in all 3 countries and staying at a Manor House in Estonia.What did you think of your group leader?Piotr was a good leader with clear instructions. Â Thomas replaced Piotr for the second half of the trip so although he bonded with the group quickly some members of the group decided to do their own thing which led to a widely dispersed group which was harder to handle. Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Good trip for those who like flat terrain and virtually no hills.Is there anything else you would like to add?Need to rearrange the content of day 9 which was very dull! Â Initial 4km on loose shale backroads was dangerous and very unenjoyable even for very experienced riders. Â For the inexperienced riders, one fell off and the rest walked it. Â Trip to bird museum was not hugely popular other than to visit the toilet! Â Rest of day was dull flat riding with little to see other than the odd stork. Â Would be better to reroute and get to Trakai and Vilnius earlier to spend more time in interesting places.
- AnonymousWritten on June 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentA really excellent holiday that takes in some amazing countries and scenery. Everything about this holiday was great from the cities of Tallin, Riga and Vilnius to the Curonian Strait, beatiful beaches and lakes galore. The quality of the food and the accommodation was also surprisingly good.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Tallinn; transfer to hotel.
- Day 2: Explore Tallinn; transfer to the Lahemaa N.P. for a scenic ride.
- Day 3: Full day riding through Lahemma N.P.
- Day 4: Transfer to Peipsi and cycle along the shore of the lake; transfer to Tartu.
- Day 5: Cycle through 'Estonian Switzerland' to Otepaa; transfer to Riga.
- Day 6: Cycle to Jurmala; transfer to Riga for the night.
- Day 7: Transfer to Sventoji; cycle to Klaipeda.
- Day 8: Transfer to the Curonian Spit N.P; explore by bike.
- Day 9: Transfer to Kintai village; cycle to Vente Cape and Silute; transfer to Vilnius.
- Day 10: Transfer to Trakai; cycle around town and visit Trakai Castle; return to Vilnius.
- Day 11: End Vilnius.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I am a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
If you are a solo traveller, you will be able to share a room with another passenger of the same gender or you can choose to have a private room for the duration of the tour for a single supplement fee. If you would like the private room you can select this as an 'Accommodation Option' on the booking page for this tour.
Are E-Bikes available?
E-Bikes are available however they are on a request basis so please notify our customer support team as soon as possible if you require one.
Electric bikes offer all the thrills and healthy exercise of a regular bike, but with one crucial difference - power! A tiny electric motor (capped at 25mph) assists your pedalling, allowing you to make molehills out of mountains. Cycle further, see more, have more fun.
What is the type of bike used on the tour?
If you choose not to bring your own bike you will be provided with Kalkoff Voyager 21-speed touring bikes with front suspension.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
Cycle the Baltics
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJun 11, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJul 23, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Tallinn11 DaysTuesdayJul 30, 2019to Vilnius8 seats left$177$2,015-9%USD $1,838
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroEstonia , Latvia and Lithuania
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tallinn is the starting point and Vilnius is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 November 2018 the full payment of $1,762 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1762 for Cycle the Baltics, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 61 km
- Lahemaa National Park (Estonia)
- 15 km
- Sagadi (Estonia)
- 12 km
- Kasmu (Estonia)
- 103 km
- Mustvee (Estonia)
- 43 km
- Varnja (Estonia)
- 33 km
- Tartu (Estonia)
- 37 km
- Otepaa (Estonia)
- 18 km
- Sangaste (Estonia)
- 24 km
- Valga (Latvia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,762 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,876 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours