- Our saving
- US $ 1,216
- Playa del Carmen
- Marvel at the coral reefs of Cozumel
- Hike ancient ruins at Tikal National Park
- Kayak the waters of the Rio Dulce
- Experience a Guatemalan homestay
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Mini-coach, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- NicoleWritten on March 15, 20134.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour guide, totally made our trip! David Reyes went out of his way to make our experience of Central America a fantastic one. I think my favourite part of the trip was snorkeling in Caye Caulker, and the Tikal Temples.Show detailed ratings
- RobWritten on October 26, 20124.5 - ExcellentAmazing trip. Our tour guide Juan Carlos was fantastic (probably the best tour guide I ever had). Would recommend the Mayan Encounter tour to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 26, 20104.0 - GoodReally enjoyable.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20105.0 - ExcellentA great way to see some highlights of central America, particularly Mayan history.
- AAnonymousWritten on November 19, 20105.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip - Ronnie was great!
- AAnonymousWritten on September 22, 20105.0 - ExcellentGreat! The group leader was very, very organised and professional.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 18, 20104.0 - GoodI had a great trip and thought Pedro did a good job!
- AAnonymousWritten on September 3, 20105.0 - ExcellentAwesome adventure that more than satisfied our expectations.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 30, 20104.0 - GoodOverall the trip was very enjoyable! My highlights were the excitement of jumping on n off chicken buses with the locals, the Tikal ruins site among the jungle,the snorkeling out of Caye Caulker and the bright colours and pebblestone streets of Antigue
- AAnonymousWritten on May 27, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe trip was so well put together and organised. We saw so much in such a short space of time! The places and variety of activities in each place were awesome! Thank you for such an awesome trip!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Playa del Carmen
- Day 2: Tulum
- Day 3: Tulum
- Day 4: Caye Caulker
- Day 5-6: Caye Caulker
- Day 7: San Ignacio
- Day 8: San Ignacio
- Day 9: Tikal
- Day 10: Rio Dulce
- Day 11: Rio Dulce
- Day 12: Antigua
- Day 13: Chichicastenango/San Jorge La Laguna
- Day 14: Panajachel
- Day 15: Antigua
- Day 16: Antigua
- Day 17: Antigua
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is the single supplement mandatory?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
- May 1, 2016
Why should I choose TourRadar?
There are many other benefits to booking through TourRadar as well- We will beat any operator price being offered- so saving money is the first benefit! Also, TourRadar adds cash credits to your account after confirming your booking with us. You can use this rewards credit towards your next eligible tour booking. The reward credit is displayed on the tour booking page and of course you can combine these with any valid operator discounts too. TourRadar credits do not expire. It all adds up.
TourRadar charges no booking fees, hidden credit card fees, change fees or cancellation fees. Tour operators and travel agents sometimes add change or cancellation fees. We will always be upfront about this and never add booking fees or surcharges.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayNov 13, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,5204 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayNov 20, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,550Only 2 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 7, 2017from Playa del CarmenThursdayNov 23, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,6100 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayNov 27, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,6104 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayDec 4, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,6105 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 21, 2017from Playa del CarmenThursdayDec 7, 2017in AntiguaOur saving$304Price$1,520-20%USD $1,21610+ spaces left
- SaturdayNov 25, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayDec 11, 2017in AntiguaOur saving$304Price$1,520-20%USD $1,21610+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayDec 18, 2017in AntiguaOur saving$236Price$1,575-15%USD $1,3399 spaces left
- TuesdayDec 5, 2017from Playa del CarmenThursdayDec 21, 2017in AntiguaOur saving$315Price$1,575-20%USD $1,26010+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from Playa del CarmenMondayDec 25, 2017in AntiguaPriceUSD $1,6406 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Belize. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Playa del Carmen is the starting point and Antigua is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2017 the full payment of $1,216 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1216 for Mayan Encounter, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
- 61 km
- Tulum (Mexico)
- 281 km
- Caye Caulker (Belize)
- 129 km
- San Ignacio (Belize)
- 90 km
- Flores (Guatemala)
- 47 km
- Tikal (Guatemala)
- 186 km
- Rio Dulce (Guatemala)
- 223 km
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 59 km
- Chichicastenango (Guatemala)
- 23 km
- Panajachel (Guatemala)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,216 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,850 tours in Latin America
- covered by 83 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 99 travellers have already met
before they left for Mayan Encounter tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mayan Encounter
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers