- Our saving
- US $ 972
- Playa del Carmen
- Marvel at the coral reefs of Cozumel
- Hike ancient ruins at Tikal National Park
- Kayak the waters of the Rio Dulce
- Experience a Guatemalan homestay
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Mini-coach, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- ESEdithWritten on May 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentI did like most the group and the Snorkeling Tour in BelizeShow detailed ratings
- RKrehmatWritten on February 2, 20184.0 - Goodwonderfull tourShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Rehmat, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- DDDeborahWritten on January 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur trip with Erhard exceeded all expectations! His kind and easy manner created great chemistry among the group. We felt informed, supported, safe and exited about each adventure he led us through! A great trip!!!Show detailed ratings
- SFSavannahWritten on December 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentSuch an interesting tour! Good mix of culture, fun, relaxing and not too many travel days.Show detailed ratings
- DBDeborahWritten on March 19, 20174.0 - GoodHad a great time, loved the countries we visited. Having a great tour guide (Pablo Matute) & a great bunch of travellers made all the difference.Show detailed ratings
- NicoleWritten on March 15, 20134.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour guide, totally made our trip! David Reyes went out of his way to make our experience of Central America a fantastic one. I think my favourite part of the trip was snorkeling in Caye Caulker, and the Tikal Temples.Show detailed ratings
- RobWritten on October 26, 20124.5 - ExcellentAmazing trip. Our tour guide Juan Carlos was fantastic (probably the best tour guide I ever had). Would recommend the Mayan Encounter tour to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 26, 20104.0 - GoodReally enjoyable.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 6, 20105.0 - ExcellentA great way to see some highlights of central America, particularly Mayan history.
- AAnonymousWritten on November 19, 20105.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip - Ronnie was great!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Playa del Carmen
- Day 2: Tulum
- Day 3: Tulum
- Day 4: Caye Caulker
- Day 5: Caye Caulker
- Day 6: Caye Caulker
- Day 7: San Ignacio
- Day 8: San Ignacio
- Day 9: Tikal
- Day 10: Rio Dulce
- Day 11: Rio Dulce
- Day 12: Antigua
- Day 13: Chichicastenango / San Jorge La Laguna
- Day 14: Panajachel
- Day 15: Antigua
- Day 16: Antigua
- Day 17: Antigua
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the single supplement mandatory?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
Why should I choose TourRadar?
There are many other benefits to booking through TourRadar as well- We will beat any operator price being offered- so saving money is the first benefit! Also, TourRadar adds cash credits to your account after confirming your booking with us. You can use this rewards credit towards your next eligible tour booking. The reward credit is displayed on the tour booking page and of course you can combine these with any valid operator discounts too. TourRadar credits do not expire. It all adds up.
TourRadar charges no booking fees, hidden credit card fees, change fees or cancellation fees. Tour operators and travel agents sometimes add change or cancellation fees. We will always be upfront about this and never add booking fees or surcharges.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Antigua0 seats left$54USD $1,296Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Antigua6 seats left$56USD $1,334
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Antigua9 seats left$54USD $1,296
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$378$1,350-28%USD $972
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$54USD $1,296
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Antigua6 seats left$56USD $1,334
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$54USD $1,296
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$56USD $1,349
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$56USD $1,349
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Playa del Carmen17 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$56USD $1,349
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Belize. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Playa del Carmen is the starting point and Antigua is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 October 2018 the full payment of $972 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $972 for Maya Encounter, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
- 61 km
- Tulum (Mexico)
- 281 km
- Caye Caulker (Belize)
- 129 km
- San Ignacio (Belize)
- 90 km
- Flores (Guatemala)
- 44 km
- Tikal (Guatemala)
- 186 km
- Rio Dulce (Guatemala)
- 223 km
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 59 km
- Chichicastenango (Guatemala)
- 23 km
- Panajachel (Guatemala)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $972 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,584 tours in Latin America
- covered by 128 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Maya Encounter
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers