Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Start Marangu.
- Day 2: Begin ascent through Rongai Forest (2600m).
- Day 3: Climb to Kikelewa moorland (3600m).
- Day 4: Steady ascent beneath Mawenzi (4330m); afternoon acclimatisation.
- Day 5: Cross lunar desert of the 'Saddle' to Kibo, at the bottom of summit cone (4750m).
- Day 6: Early start to reach Gillman's Point in time for sunrise over the crater rim; on to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa (5895m). Descend to Horombo (3720m).
- Day 7: Continue descent to Mandara and Marangu.
- Day 8: End Marangu.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AKAsan· October 18th, 2017Incredibly overpriced for a company that gets 100% prepayment and dont have any insurance or refund if you cancel. Had to cancel last minute and got 0 back. Try other companies, like Altezza for example, who has great reviews and only ask for 30%... Show moreTrip date: October 2017
- ASuzanna Divine· August 16th, 2013This was the most amazing experience, it is an incredible feeling reaching the roof of Africa, but that is not to undervalue the rest of the trip...every day has different scenery and stunning view points. Well worth it! What was the most inspirational... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AHelen Young· June 21st, 2013AMAZING TRIP, VERY WELL ORGANISED, WONDERFULL EXPERIENCE, CANT FAULT ANYTHING, DONT DELAY BOOK THIS TRIP WITH EXODUS, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.I BOOKED ON THE SOLO DEPARTURE AND EVERYONE IN THE GROUP WETE LIKE MINDED AND GREAT PEOPLE, PORTERS,COOKS... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJames Ashwood· June 4th, 2013Awesome, Fantanstic, Exilirating.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The most inspirational thing about the whole trip is although we had a group of mainly strangers from all over the world, everyone pulled together and made the trip... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AGary Tyerman· May 9th, 2013A truly amazing experience....the trekking, the people and the country made this an unforgettable trip of a lifetime.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The most inspirational aspect of the trip was the way in which the group was looked... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAmy Mann· April 9th, 2013The overall organisation of the trip was really good. It is a scenic route, our team of porters were amazing, as were the assistant guides. A character building experience!!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The most inspirational... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAndrew Allan· March 5th, 2013An absolutely brilliant experience, exceptionally hard last couple of days and definately not for the faint hearted.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the high point at Uhuru Peak was probably the most satisfying as opposed to... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AVictoria Cleaver· February 27th, 2013Toughest but most amazing thing I've ever done in my life!!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The week itself was challenging but more mentally than physically, until summit night which seems never ending... But once you get to the top,... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACraig Culbert· February 25th, 2013An amazingly well organised and fantastic trip with a lovely group of people. Something I will never forget! What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?By far it was seeing the sunrise at Gilmans Point. Our guide had timed our walk to... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJohn Carmichael· February 10th, 2013Guides were vey experienced, helpful and friendly. A wonderful country with friendly people. A wonderful experience.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Just getting closer to the mountain. Hard to believe I was finally In Africa, doing... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday16 Oct, 2021EnglishSaturday23 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$4,799Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Jan, 2022EnglishSaturday22 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday12 Feb, 2022EnglishSaturday19 Feb, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday18 Jun, 2022EnglishSaturday25 Jun, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday2 Jul, 2022EnglishSaturday9 Jul, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday27 Aug, 2022EnglishSaturday3 Sep, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Oct, 2022EnglishSaturday22 Oct, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday3 Dec, 2022EnglishSaturday10 Dec, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Tanzania
- Tanzania Travel Guide
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro: Facts, Height & Maps
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Tanzania from Marangu
- Tanzania Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 8 days Tanzania
- Operators in Africa
- Rongai Route
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Rongai Route tours
- Tanzania tours
- Africa tours
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Rongai Route