- Our saving
- US $ 1,122
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Gaze at Tutankhamun's golden mask
- Explore mighty Abu Simbel
- Dream of ancient Egypt from a Felucca
- Walk the Valley of the Kings
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- MGMariannWritten on March 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentWaleed is a prince and a gentleman! He's patient, kind ,and entertaining! Most of all he's knowledgeable about his country and loves to share his knowledge with others. You will love taking a tour with this guy!Show detailed ratings
- GPGeorgeWritten on March 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip was more than expected. Waleed, our guide, was nothing less than excellent. His had that rare combination of a wealth of knowledge and the gift to explain it while engaging the group. The trip between locations were well organized and all went smoothly.Show detailed ratings
- LauraWritten on January 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe most carefree guided tour I've ever had (in 40+ countries). Every little detail was taken care of. One of the best guides I've ever had, warm and friendly from the get-go, and knowledgeable beyond belief. His making sure everything was taken care of was one reason the tour was so carefree. It was the first time I've used Encounters and they certainly set the bar higher for other companies I've used in the past, including other British companies like Explore and Exodus. Well done!Show detailed ratings
- KevinWritten on January 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy wife and I had an amazing time on this tour. I can't speak highly enough of Sherrif and the others from Encounters. We were taken care of the whole time, from arrival to departure. Sherrif went far out of his way for us, making sure we had everything we needed. His knowledge of the Egyptian sites is outstanding and his sense of humor kept everyone laughing. Best tour ever!Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your amazing review and we are so happy you loved Egypt, and Sheriff!
- BrittanyWritten on December 8, 20154.5 - ExcellentI just got back from Egypt with Encounters. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this trip was. From the ease of booking (and affordable price) to the amazing people on the ground in Egypt. I always felt like we were being taken care of and were in great hands. Every single bit of this tour was planned to perfection. Nubian Adventure is not a tour for relaxation, but really, who goes to Egypt to relax? I really felt like we saw as much as we possibly could in the time we were there. And our Egyptologist, Waleed, was the star of the trip. He was so knowledgeable, so kind, and so smart. We all cried at the end of our trip. We felt like we had known him forever. For those who are concerned about safety in Egypt, I never once felt unsafe. There are police and security guards everywhere and more importantly, smiling faces everywhere. The Egyptians so very friendly and very happy to see tourists. I can't express how magical this trip was. I can't wait to go back.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your amazing review and we are so happy that you enjoyed our Nubian Adventure tour and Waleed! Looking forward to helping you plan your next Encounters Travel adventure! The Encounters Team
- AnonymousWritten on April 9, 20155.0 - ExcellentI haven't stopped raving about this trip since it started. Everything was so organised which made for a hassle free tour. Our guide, Waleed was inspirationally passionate for his country and its history, infecting us all with that same passion. His friendly nature made the farewells harder. I could go on and on about this trip and I imagine I will for years to come. It truly was an experience of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- AmyWritten on January 16, 20135.0 - Excellentamazing trip - went november 2012 with a friend guides amazing scenery stunning fellucca sailboat option definitely the best way to sail down the nileShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for the amazing review Amy, we love the felucca too!
- AAnonymousWritten on November 1, 20115.0 - ExcellentI have to say my trip to Egypt was the best....The pyramids were awesome and were more than I expected, we had the best tour guide his name is Sam. He was so imformative, and didnt let us down with anything we threw at him… I even got to ride a camel around the pyramids, loved it.
- AAnonymousWritten on November 1, 20115.0 - ExcellentWe had a very memorable trip! Everything was extremely well organised, and the leaders went out of their way to ensure we were happy. We felt like individuals, not members of a group, and we felt really well looked after. Hotels were excellent. Our guide couldn't have been more knowledgeable, and effortlessly passed on his passion of Egyptology to us. Value for money is an understatement!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom Ombo & Edfu temples, Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor, West Bank tour, free time
- Day 7: Luxor, Karnak temple
- Day 8: Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Departure transfer to the airport
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Does overnight on coach means we sleep on the coach for the night?
This tour doesn't include any overnight coach journeys but does include 2 overnight train journeys onboard the Sleeper Train. On this train you'll be allocated a private 2 birth cabin with fold down beds. The cabins have their own wash basin inside and shared toilets at the end of each carriage. There aren't any showers onboard the train unfortunately.
- December 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
- December 1, 2016
Can I possibly share a room with same sex?
If you'd like to have a same gender shared room, it can be arranged, please contact us for this.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$47USD $1,122Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$47USD $1,122
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$47USD $1,122
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 August 2018 the full payment of $1,122 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1122 for Nubian Adventure, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 277 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,122 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,177 tours in Africa
- covered by 106 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Nubian Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Nubian Adventure