- Our saving
- US $ 1,115
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Stand in the presence of the ancient Pyramids
- Dream of ancient Egypt as you drift down the Nile
- Gaze at King Tut's golden mask and other treasures
- Shop for spices and jewels in Cairo’s bustling Bazaars
- Sample Kushari and experience the Al Guri Sufi show
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- PhuongWritten on August 13, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was fantastic, Sherif was the best guide ever! You could tell he was absolutely passionate about his job, his craft, his country and the people. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was comfortable, safe and having a great time. My only negative regarding this trip is my glutenfree dietary needs were not catered a majority of the time. This aside, best trip ever!Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Phuong, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback, it's very much appreciated. I'm really pleased to hear that you were happy with the service Sherif provided you with, he's one of most experienced and loved guides so I'm sure he'll be happy to read your comments, which we'll be passing on. I'm sorry you found that your Gluten Free dietary requirements weren't catered for perhaps as well as they could have been. In general we haven't found this to be a problem with the hotels we use as there will normally be a good selection of options to suit all dietary requirements in the hotels we work with, though we do always still pass on meal requests such as yours. On the sleeper train in particular options can be more limited as the train operator doesn't offer a large selection to choose from, though again, we do always pass on dietary requirements when reserving the tickets. I agree that we could have communicated this better so you perhaps could have taken some food on board in case the included meals were not suitable for you. Overall I'm pleased to hear that the meals didn't spoil your overall enjoyment of the tour and that you're still able to consider the 'best trip ever!', that's exactly the type of feedback we aim to receive. Thank you once again for your constructive feedback, I hope that you'll decide to join us on another adventure in the future.
- SShadWritten on July 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentAmazing - Egypt was great and Sheriff was amazing. Totally worth every penny.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentAmazing place and Sheriff was awesome.Show detailed ratings
- MHMarilynWritten on March 18, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe Nubian Adventure from Encounters Travel was exceptional. Big Moe, our tour guide and Islam, Encounter’s manager did everything possible to make our small group happy and comfortable. We highly recommend this company and this trip. March 2918Show detailed ratings
- MGMariannWritten on March 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentWaleed is a prince and a gentleman! He's patient, kind ,and entertaining! Most of all he's knowledgeable about his country and loves to share his knowledge with others. You will love taking a tour with this guy!Show detailed ratings
- GPGeorgeWritten on March 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip was more than expected. Waleed, our guide, was nothing less than excellent. His had that rare combination of a wealth of knowledge and the gift to explain it while engaging the group. The trip between locations were well organized and all went smoothly.Show detailed ratings
- LALucilleWritten on March 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentWonderful experience. Great help and guidance from Encounters Tour staff. Amazing sights,knowledgeable and fun guides. Nice accomodations.Show detailed ratings
- LauraWritten on January 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe most carefree guided tour I've ever had (in 40+ countries). Every little detail was taken care of. One of the best guides I've ever had, warm and friendly from the get-go, and knowledgeable beyond belief. His making sure everything was taken care of was one reason the tour was so carefree. It was the first time I've used Encounters and they certainly set the bar higher for other companies I've used in the past, including other British companies like Explore and Exodus. Well done!Show detailed ratings
- KevinWritten on January 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy wife and I had an amazing time on this tour. I can't speak highly enough of Sherrif and the others from Encounters. We were taken care of the whole time, from arrival to departure. Sherrif went far out of his way for us, making sure we had everything we needed. His knowledge of the Egyptian sites is outstanding and his sense of humor kept everyone laughing. Best tour ever!Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your amazing review and we are so happy you loved Egypt, and Sheriff!
- BrittanyWritten on December 8, 20154.5 - ExcellentI just got back from Egypt with Encounters. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this trip was. From the ease of booking (and affordable price) to the amazing people on the ground in Egypt. I always felt like we were being taken care of and were in great hands. Every single bit of this tour was planned to perfection. Nubian Adventure is not a tour for relaxation, but really, who goes to Egypt to relax? I really felt like we saw as much as we possibly could in the time we were there. And our Egyptologist, Waleed, was the star of the trip. He was so knowledgeable, so kind, and so smart. We all cried at the end of our trip. We felt like we had known him forever. For those who are concerned about safety in Egypt, I never once felt unsafe. There are police and security guards everywhere and more importantly, smiling faces everywhere. The Egyptians so very friendly and very happy to see tourists. I can't express how magical this trip was. I can't wait to go back.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your amazing review and we are so happy that you enjoyed our Nubian Adventure tour and Waleed! Looking forward to helping you plan your next Encounters Travel adventure! The Encounters Team
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to your hotel
- Day 2: Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
- Day 3: Aswan, Nubian Village, Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel option, Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom Ombo & Edfu temples, Karnak Temple in Luxor
- Day 6: Luxor, West Bank tour, free time
- Day 7: Luxor, Karnak temple
- Day 8: Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9: Cairo. Departure transfer to the airport
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does overnight on coach means we sleep on the coach for the night?
This tour doesn't include any overnight coach journeys but does include 2 overnight train journeys onboard the Sleeper Train. On this train you'll be allocated a private 2 birth cabin with fold down beds. The cabins have their own wash basin inside and shared toilets at the end of each carriage. There aren't any showers onboard the train unfortunately.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Can I possibly share a room with same sex?
If you'd like to have a same gender shared room, it can be arranged, please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$40USD $1,299Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$35USD $1,144Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$35USD $1,144
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $1,115 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1115 for Nubian Adventure, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 277 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,115 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,612 tours in Africa
- covered by 152 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Nubian Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Nubian Adventure