Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Vang Vieng
- Luang Prabang
- Kuang Si Falls
- Discover the golden temples and moving museums
- Explore caves and cycle past rice paddies
- Go kayaking along the gentle Nam Song River
- Witness hundreds of monks collecting alms at sunrise
- Sip coffee and soak up the atmosphere of Luang Prabang
Start in Vientiane and end in Luang Prabang! With the discovery tour Highlights of Laos, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Vientiane, Laos and 5 other destinations in Laos. Highlights of Laos includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Vientiane
Start point Avalon Hotel, Hotel reception, Phnom Penh Road, Rue Phanompenh, Vientiane 01000, Laos 13:00
- Day 2: In Vientiane, explore the capital; free afternoon
- Day 3: Drive to Vang Vieng, afternoon at leisure
- Day 4: Free day in Vang Vieng. Optional visit to caves or kayaking on Nam Song River
- Day 5: Scenic drive to Luang Prabang crossing mountain passes. Sunset visit to Mount Phousi
- Day 6: Morning walking tour of Luang Prabang, Afternoon free
- Day 7: From Luang Prabang, visit Kuang Si Waterfalls; optional afternoon cycle to Lao Loum village
Day 8: Trip ends in Luang Prabang
End point Villa Kieng Kham Hotel, Hotel reception, Ban Visoun, Luang Prabang, Laos 09:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- JJudithLaRoccaJanuary 25, 2020Simple, clean hotels of a better standard than expected, with friendly staff. Delightful unspoilt country and peopleExplore! commented on this reviewThank you Judith and wonderful to hear that you enjoyed Laos which is a unique destination. The accommodation is chosen to reflect the destination and glad that it exceeded expectations The Explore TeamTrip date: January 2020
- LBLynetteNovember 15, 2019A great short tour of Laos with a good balance of included activities and free time.Trip date: November 2019
- APaulaMay 17, 2019It was a very varied trip with lots of great moments. The Cope museum was especially thought provoking. The somewhat creepy caves were good. The night markets very interesting. It was made even better by the fun nature of my fellow travellers, very good... Show moreTrip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAlanMay 17, 2019As previously mentioned I celebrated my 70th birthday whilst on the trip and I think I couldn't have had a better time sharing my birthday with a great bunch of people and spending the day travelling through the jungle on a Zip Line and then kayaking..A... Show moreTrip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASuzanneMay 17, 2019This was a really interesting country to visit. However, it takes long flights to get there. I only went for the week (my choice) but I would recommend that this is taken with another i.e. Vietnam or Cambodia.Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGillianMay 17, 2019I think the trip could be extended as there is a lot to see and do in Luang Prabang and not enough time to fit it all in. Have a 10 day stay in Laos not 8 days.Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AValerieMay 17, 2019This was a fantastic tour. 9 days is a bit short, but most people linked it with Vietnam and Cambodia.Trip date: August 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AShusheelMay 17, 2019Great trip if hotel in Luang Prabhang can be improved on.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Explore!
- TATaylaFebruary 18, 2019Overall there were not many activities included and too much ‘free time’ which seemed like a poor way of organising a guided tour rather than an assortment of activities that could’ve been included especially many more ‘highlights’ of Laos. Tour guide... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewHi, thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to read that you’ve returned home feeling this way. We try our hardest to be as transparent as possible within our sales material to clearly highlight free time where applicable, the optional excursions... Show moreTrip date: February 2019
Dates & Availability
Highlights of Laos
From Vientiane to Luang Prabang
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SundayApr 5, 2020SundayApr 12, 2020Sharing a twin roomTotal$920
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 1, 2020SundayNov 8, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$920
- DealGet Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 8, 2020SundayNov 15, 2020In a private roomHold space for 48hTotal$920
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayDec 20, 2020SundayDec 27, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$920
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayJan 24, 2021SundayJan 31, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayFeb 7, 2021SundayFeb 14, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayFeb 21, 2021SundayFeb 28, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayMar 14, 2021SundayMar 21, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 31, 2021SundayNov 7, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 7, 2021SundayNov 14, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48hTotal$950
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar