3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 176
- Learn about the Loch Ness legend
- Experience the magical Isle of Skye
- Hike up the Old Man Of Storr
- Visit the National Wallace Monument
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- GGraceWritten on February 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentLiterally just finished the 3 Day tour of Skye. My best friend and I were just like was that the best tour ever? Yes, it was! The tour: From the get-go our awesome tour guide, Mark, came on the bus ready! Everywhere we went there was a story, a legend to go with the beautiful mountains, castles and towns we were passing by which is exactly what we wanted. I don’t know how Mark had the energy to drive for hours and tell awesome stories with such energy, but you knew Mark knew his stuff and damn we learned A LOT. Personally, it didn’t bother me that Mark was talking most of the ride, I rather enjoyed it. Nobody else complained, they just slept if they wanted to or listened. Mark did play some music that either went with a story, just wanted us to hear some techno Highland music ( Martyn Bennet, look him up lol), or just some chill tunes to relax. We saw a lot of stuff, and the tour can be personalized, for example someone wanted to do a Whiskey tasting and Mark actually made it happen. So much history, so many sights, the most awesome jam packed 3 day tour ever. It will definitely feel as if you saw more than just Our Accommodations: We stayed in Kyleakin, at the MacBackpackers hostel. It was good, only the people on the tour were staying there plus our tour guide and a member of staff. It was comfy and cute. Free cereal, juice, Nutella, bread etc etc for breakfast. There’s a kitchen so if you wanna make your own dinner/breakfast you can. There were 2 bars and an Indian restaurant for eating/drinking options. The Indian restaurant, although I wanted to try it, was a walk so we just went to what seemed like Mark’s fav bar/restaurant King Haakon. It was good, staff there were friendly, you get a discount on food, not the drinks. The potatoes and sausage were my fav haha. It was a nice small menu that didn’t make you feel overwhelmed. Drink menu was extensive lol. If you needed to buy your own food to cook at the hostel kitchen, we did pass by a supermarket so you have a chance before you head into Kyleakin. Our Tour Guide: When I first got to Scotland, I was worried about doing tours, as if I wasn’t going to get a real experience. I was wrong! Every tour I’ve been on so far has been done by people so passionate about Scotland. Mark is definitely passionate, so it was nice having a tour led by someone who loves Scotland, loves being Scottish and actually knows what he’s talking about. I didn’t even feel like I needed to pay for a museum or exhibit entry because Mark had already given us names, dates, and the story behind it all. Also, he was very vigilant of us, like if someone fell or tripped he asked if they were okay and kept asking throughout the day just in case. Awesome driver, I totally felt safe in the bus. I just kept thinking, thank god my friend and I weren’t driving around, because 1) we weren’t gonna know how to deal with sheep on the road and 2) my internet was so poor up there, no gps was gonna have our back haha. 3) you really gotta know the lay of the land up there and Mark seemed like he knew that stuff like the back of his hand. Funny Story: Like a noob, I brought these wack but cute not good for hiking sneakers. They had already cut the back of my foot and I was limping around the town so I was like right, I need to get new shoes. Mark was like, we’re stopping here in my hometown, you have like an hr go roam be free. On the bus I had spotted a shop, so I run in like 5 mins before we have to meet back on tour bus, and I already picked out the hiking boots I wanted and the price was ballin! (£16.99). So, I’m trying them on real quick and the store attendant is helping me, asking me questions and finally says “who’s your tour guide today?” I’m like “uhhhh.. Mark..”, he’s like “Oh cool, tell my cousin I said hi.” .. Say what! Hilarious.. lol but let this be a lesson, wear boots that your feet are used to on the tour because you’ll just be more comfortable that way. Overall review: Everything was great, I have no complaints. We got really lucky with the weather, so we saw a lot. Definitely worth my money. We’re so happy we did this tour!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Grace, We're delighted to hear that you had a brilliant tour with Mark. Thanks so much for sending the great pics and taking the time to write such a detailed review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- BOBriannaWritten on January 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentMe and my friend did a 3-day Isle of Skye Tour and it completely exceeded all of our expectations. Mark was our incredible guide, and he gave us a very well-rounded and endlessly captivating story of Scotland and its history. We left from Edinburgh and toured all the way up to Skye via a very comfortable bus. Mark made sure we stopped and got out frequently so it didn't feel like we were seeing the country through a window. He was also very accommodating, always making sure to tell us if we had options of what to see and often polled the bus to see how we wanted to spend our time if there was flexibility in the itinerary. We stayed in a hostel on Kyleakin that was extremely cozy and warm both nights. Everyone on the tour was wonderful; it was really cool to meet a lot of young people from a bunch of different places. I would absolutely book a tour with them again!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Brianna, We are delighted to hear you had a fantastic tour with Mark. Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review. We look forward to having you on tour with us soon again! Cheers, Jaz xx
- LSLovelyWritten on November 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentI took this trip in Oct 2017 ... The Highlands was breathtaking and Dave was amazing .. He was really funny and a great story teller .. I wish I was in the best of my health so I could have enjoyed it even more , but I loved it regardless ... I am really glad I took this trip .. Thank you :) ..Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Lovely, We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the tour with Dave. Thank you so much for rating us. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- DaniloWritten on November 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI don't often leave reviews, but I must for this trip because of how the other reviews helped me commit to it. For any traveler going into this tour apprehensive-- you will be blown away. There is nothing like traveling with this intimate tour and with an expert. I was lucky enough to get Richard who was knowledgeable, funny, and flexible. He says what's on his mind and loves when you can give it right back to him. He makes driving entertaining with countless of stories. He was a true professional as well, designing a tour to make sure everyone got the best experience. My only regret was that it was only 3 days, but in that short amount of time-- I felt I met true friends, thanks to MacBackpackers.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Danilo, Great pictures! Thanks for sending them and writing a lovely review. We are glad you had a fantastic tour with Richard. We hope to see you soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- AKAlexWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentJust finished the tour with dave, and it was an amazing experience. The trip is such an affordable and convenient way to make your way around the Scottish highlands. I was able to see so many beautiful places that i would have never even known about had I chosen to drive around. The bus has regular stops and was very comfortable so the long distances covered each day were very easy. Dave was such a great guide with so much knowledge on Scottish history. I was also laughing for every speech he gave, even when he was ripping on my home country. If you are not sure whether to take this trip i would strongly recommend you do! You will not regret it. Much better than the bigger companies that only care about themselves. Thanks Crazy Dave and MacBackpackers for the trip, I loved it!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Alex, It is great to hear you had a brilliant time on tour with Dave. Thanks for writing such a nice review. We hope to have you on tour with us again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- LLouisWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was such an amazing short trip so many things happened all at once and I actually got to enjoy it. The hostels were in such a prime location! They were so amazing I just came back today and I can't believe I just experienced all that. Dave was such a cool dude he was such a great story teller and so lively. Definitely booking another MacBackpackers tour next year and I'm already planning a trip to Scotland with my friends and I'm highly recommending MacBackpackers.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Louis, We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour so much with Dave. Thanks for taking the time and writing a great review. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your mates on tour with us soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- KMKelseaWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was probably my favourite tour I've ever done! My guide Richard was hilarious, extremely knowledgeable and a pro at telling us many stories. We were offered quite a lot of choices in terms of which local spots we'd like to see, depending the weather. The tour took us through some gorgeous scenery with many opportunities to stop and do some hiking. I also loved the fact that I could tell friends I stayed for a night right on Loch Ness. Thanks Richard and Macbackpackers for an incredible 3 days and I was sad when it was over. Thanks!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kelsea, We are delighted to hear you had a brilliant tour with Richard. You are right the Lochside Hostel is quite a unique experience. :) Thank you for taking the time to write the review us. We hope to have you on tour soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- VVictoriaWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentDave was the best tour guide ever! He took us on several awesome hikes and showed us the beauty that is Scotland. I loved hearing his stories and Scottish folklore. He was super knowledgable and I love the easy going set-up of Macbackpackers. It's a tour experience like no other.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Victoria, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sending your stunning photos. We are pleased to hear that you had a great tour with Dave. Hopefully, we will see you again. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- SMSydneyWritten on October 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy 3-day tour with Richard was the highlight of my trip to Scotland. Anyone considering renting a car and doing it themselves should seriously consider otherwise. This tour was cheap, fascinating, and extremely entertaining. I would do it again next weekend if I could. Richard was very accommodating and sincerely cared that we got the most out of our trip. I really wanted to visit a castle my ancestors lived in. It wasn't on the itinerary and was out of the way, and I didn't think we would go. He suggested that we go before I had even asked if it was a possibility.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sydney, It is great to hear you had a fantastic tour with Richard and that you saw the castle. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a brilliant review. We hope that you come back to Scotland very soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CWChrisWritten on September 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentAwesome tour, covers lots of Scotland's highlights in a small time frame. Our guide Richard was an awesome bloke with a vast array of stories, facts and information. Also a great sense of humour. They let you change up the tour a bit and decide which places you want to spent more or less time in, which is great, depending on the type of people on the tour and the weather. Accomodation and transport in also comfy and clean.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Chris, Thank you so much for taking time to review us and sending the stunning pic. We are delighted to hear you had a great time on tour with Richard. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Sunset Timelapse over Loch Ness - Taken from Lochside Hostel
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
- October 1, 2016
Can a 2 year old join this tour?
Unfortunately, none of the tour operators that list their tours on our site are able to take a 2 year old on their tours.
- August 1, 2016
When will we leave Edinburgh in the morning? Where do we meet?
Starting point: Old Town of Edinburgh: Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW Always check your email confirmation for exact departure location.
Starting time: During the summer season (April to October) our tours depart at 9:00am and return between 5:30pm and 7:00pm
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Robert19th January 2018
3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayApr 9, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$27$203-13%USD $176
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayApr 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayApr 23, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayApr 30, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayMay 7, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayMay 14, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayMay 28, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$5USD $198
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 April 2018 the full payment of $176 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $176 for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 60 km
- Doune (Scotland)
- 84 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 29 km
- Glenfinnan (Scotland)
- 21 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 102 km
- Sligachan (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 11 km
- Old Man of Storr (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Kilt Rock (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $176 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,398 tours in Europe
- covered by 181 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,354 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 115 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye