3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 168
- Learn about the Loch Ness legend
- Experience the magical Isle of Skye
- Hike up the Old Man Of Storr
- Visit the National Wallace Monument
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- Kar MengWritten on May 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe MacBackpackers 3 day tour of Loch Ness and Skye actually includes many other stops and is probably best described as an abridged tour of the north of Scotland. The schedule is somewhat tight but enough time is provided not to feel too rushed at each stop. It definitely felt as if we got to experience a wide variety of different sites. As for our guide, Dave definitely suited my sense of humour although if you are easily offended, this may not be the tour for you. For people who can take a laugh however, Dave's somewhat colourful descriptions of events in Scottish history are very entertaining. If you are open to experiencing a more informal style of guiding, I would definitely recommend taking a tour with Dave even if you are more used to a prim and proper environment. If you have any ANZAC friends, then you will understand what I mean.Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on May 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentDave is an amazing tour guide. He seems to know where to go for beautiful views and perfect walks. He knows many stories about the area and hand picked a music playlist which suits the trip incredibly well. Dave balanced his stories well between folklore, facts, theories and personal experience. If you like an inclusive, personal trip, don't mind an occasional swear word and like to meet new people, MacBackpackers is definitely the tour for you!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Emma, Many thanks for rating us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. We're looking forward to seeing you again! Cheers, Jaz
- DianaWritten on May 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had a absolutely fantastic trip. Dave really went all out to make sure we all had an enjoyable trip. The places we went were amazing and Dave's enthusiasm and overall personality was the icing on the cake for me. I will definitely be recommending Dave and MacBackpackers to everyone.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Diana, Thanks so much for reviewing us. It's great to hear that you had a fab tour with Dave. We look forward to having you on tour again in the near future! Cheers, Jaz
- NgWritten on May 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentAwesome and Dave really made extra milesShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Ng, Thanks so much for rating us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- GGabriellaMikolaWritten on May 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentLiked the stops, music, stories...Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Gabriela, Thanks for rating us. It's great to hear that you had a great tour with us. We look forward to seeing you again! Cheers, Jaz
- DDylanSmithWritten on May 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentLoved the tour. Our tour guide Dave was awesome and so funny. He provided lots of stories and information about Scotland while still making it light and interesting. Many of the activities included were hiking which we loved!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Dylan, It's great to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. Many thanks for reviewing us. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- SarodeWritten on May 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuperb locations and covered all places thanks to Richard , so enjoyable and interactive person with full of fun. Thank you so much for making this wonderful tour memorable.Show detailed ratings
- KrystalWritten on May 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentRecently I went on a 3 day tour to Loch Ness and Isle of Skye. Our guide Dave was bloody fucking awesome. Couldn't get a better guide that knows the country and its history. Would definitely recommend to anyone!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Krystal, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic trip with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- LLukeLedwithWritten on May 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentIf you are thinking of going to Scotland I can't recommend MacBackpackers enough. The 3 Day Loch Ness & Isle of Skye tour was incredible & our guide Dave was great. A passionate Scotsman that made the whole trip awesome.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Luke, Thanks for rating us. We're glad you had a great tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- RRachelZyirekWritten on May 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentI can't recommend macbackpackers more. First time in scotland & I wanted to see some countryside. Dave took us all over the country & he did so with great wit, professionalism & knowledge. He combined humorous & informative storytelling, stellar driving and a musical mash up - all at the same time. He even customized the trip a bit to fulfill requests. Very talented man! The accommodations were perfect, plenty of time for eating & sightseeing and a good mix of activities from hiking to graveyard wandering. I would recommend macbackpackers 100%. Thrilled & lucky that my hostel suggested it.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Rachel, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Sunset Timelapse over Loch Ness - Taken from Lochside Hostel
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 18, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
Depending on traffic and weather conditions the tour usually returns to Castlerock Hostel in Edinburgh (15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW) between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm during the winter season (November to March) and 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm during the summer season (April to October). It's time to say farewell to your newfound friends and continue your travels! Please note that the ending point is subject to change until your final documents are released and that you should always check your email confirmation for return time and location.
- May 18, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour leaves Edinburgh at Castle Rock Hostel (15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW) at 9 am between April and October and at 8 am between November and March. It's time to start your 3-day adventure in the search for Loch Ness! Please be aware that the meeting point and time is subject to change until final documents are released, and you should always check your email confirmation for exact departure time and location.
- May 18, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, MacBackpackers does not provide transfers from or to Glasgow or Edinburgh, but please note that both cities are quite well connected. There are trains and buses that leave almost every half an hour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$32$199-16%USD $168
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$199-10%USD $180
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$11$199-6%USD $188
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$11$199-6%USD $188
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$11$199-6%USD $188
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$6USD $193
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$6USD $193
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$6USD $193
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$6USD $193
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$6USD $193
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $168 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $168 for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 60 km
- Doune (Scotland)
- 84 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 29 km
- Glenfinnan (Scotland)
- 21 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 102 km
- Sligachan (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 11 km
- Old Man of Storr (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Kilt Rock (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $168 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 131 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye