3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 136
- Learn about the Loch Ness legend
- Experience the magical Isle of Skye
- Hike up the Old Man Of Storr
- Visit the National Wallace Monument
- Rather Poor
- NehaWritten on September 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentI did a 3 day Isle of Skye and Lochness tour with MacBackpackers. It was absolute fun, full of stories, meeting fun new people, and exploring places. What I liked the most about the tour is that it is flexible, the guide would ask the group's suggestion for the day and give you the option and the hostels have amazing locations and fun features. Totally recommend staying in Castle Rock as it is just more convenient to board on and off from there. Also, 3 days is good but 5 days could be just amazing. Jusss sayinShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Neha, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye tour with us. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- DDaveWritten on September 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentDave was absolutely fantastic! The beauty of the Scotland was perfectly complemented by his in depth knowledge of relevant history and modern Scottish culture. Our tour consisted of brilliant scenery, expert local knowledge and enough relevant songs to fill several playlists. I would fully recommend Dave & MacBackpackers to anyone who wants to see the best of Scotland.Show detailed ratings
- NatWritten on September 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a great tour of the Highlands with Macbackpackers. I love the Highlands and have travelled here before, but I enjoyed my time revisiting some of my favourite places and the tour guide, Dave, even showed me some places I had never heard of before. Dave was a great guide: funny, genuine and had lots of stories and information to tell. When the weather took a turn for the worst on the second day, he knew just where to go to take advantage of the wind and rain. Great tour, awesome guide and the Highlands. I couldn't ask for moreShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Nat, Thanks so much for the lovely feedback. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- AAndrewWilsonWritten on September 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentDave was a great tour guide who was extremely knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions. When conditions changed that were beyond his control he was extremely quick to make a new plan that was just as good if not better. He has a brilliant sense of humour and is great to chat with when you’re off the bus. The tour overall is well thought out and you’re never on the bus for too long between sites. I’d highly recommend the trip and if you get Dave as a driver you’ll have a grouse time.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Andrew, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you had a great time on tour with Dave. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ACAdamWritten on September 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentDave was an excellent tour guide. He drove well all whilst telling us loads of information and stories relating to Scottish history. He also played great Scottish bangers!! Regardless of some minor setbacks (weather, time) we still got to see plenty of destinations and a variety of amazing Scottish landmarks!! I’d definitely recommend this tour to anyone.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Adam, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- JJacobDaltonWritten on September 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentDavo was a mad c***, knowledgable Lad who provided all the information in the best possible way. Made the trip very enjoyable despite some "set backs" that were out of his control. absolute legend!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jacob, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you had a brilliant tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- FreddyWritten on August 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentI joined the tour to the Isle of Skye quite spontaneously. I saw the the flyer in the hostel and decided to join the adventure :) It was really breathtaking. I am grateful that I made that decision to join. I don't think I have seen anything like it in my entire life. The landscape Dave showed us was just mind blowing and beautiful! Dave was an excellent tour guide. He enriched the experience for me. He told plenty of fun stories and facts I would have never heard if I he hadn't shared them with us. In addition to that he told us about his personal views on life and his life so far. And the group I was travelling with was really inspiring as well. :) Plenty of different nationalities and very interesting, lovely people. I will always remember that trip and never forget it :) !! The trip has really had an impact on my life :) Thank you very much :) !!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Freddy, Thanks so much for the lovely review and picture. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- KateWritten on August 22, 20184.0 - GoodStewart was a great guide. Our bus group was a little quiet...but he kept the stories and tunes coming. He also handled a traffic situation that forced us to reroute with grace. We enjoyed seeing all the different parts of Scotland and hope to return and see more!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kate, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Stewart. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- IInaVetterWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour was absolutely amazing! Stewart is a great tour guide - very funny guy! I loved his stories (and the swearing...and his rants about the English or the f***ing bad drivers ;-) ) The tour is a great way to explore a bit of Scotland if you only have a limited amount of time. I really liked the variety of things we could do, like visiting castles/cathedrals etc, whisky tasting and hiking. I especially enjoyed the hiking bits!!! Thanks so much and I'll definitely book some more tours with you guys!!! Oh, by the way, Stewart, thanks for the tipp about the bottle of whisky at Dalwhinnie. I'll definitely remember you in 10 years time ;-) All the best, InaShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ina, Thanks so much for the great review. We're happy to hear that you had an amazing tour with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- MGMollyWritten on August 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything about the 3-day Loch Ness and Isle of Skye tour was phenomenal! Stewart was an absolutely outstanding tour guide and willingly adjusted the itenary to whatever the majority of the group was most interested in experiencing. Since it's impossible to cram everything completely in, Stewart helped us prioritize the essentials. He is very passionate/knowledgeable about Scottish history and eagerly answered all our questions. I also enjoyed listening to the eclectic Scottish music during our ride. The accommodations were two of the best all around hostels in the world and the views were unparralleld. We wanted to see as much as we possibly could view in the Highlands during our sadly short stay in Scotland, and this tour undoubtedly managed it. Thanks so much, Stewart and MacBackpackers!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Molly, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us and sharing the nice pics. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Sunset Timelapse over Loch Ness - Taken from Lochside Hostel
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
Depending on traffic and weather conditions the tour usually returns to Castlerock Hostel in Edinburgh (15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW) between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm during the winter season (November to March) and 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm during the summer season (April to October). It's time to say farewell to your newfound friends and continue your travels! Please note that the ending point is subject to change until your final documents are released and that you should always check your email confirmation for return time and location.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour leaves Edinburgh at Castle Rock Hostel (15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW) at 9 am between April and October and at 8 am between November and March. It's time to start your 3-day adventure in the search for Loch Ness! Please be aware that the meeting point and time is subject to change until final documents are released, and you should always check your email confirmation for exact departure time and location.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, MacBackpackers does not provide transfers from or to Glasgow or Edinburgh, but please note that both cities are quite well connected. There are trains and buses that leave almost every half an hour.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $136 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $136 for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 60 km
- Doune (Scotland)
- 84 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 29 km
- Glenfinnan (Scotland)
- 21 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 102 km
- Sligachan (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 11 km
- Old Man of Storr (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Kilt Rock (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $136 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 177 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye