3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 153
- Learn about the Loch Ness legend
- Experience the magical Isle of Skye
- Hike up the Old Man Of Storr
- Visit the National Wallace Monument
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SMSydneyWritten on October 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy 3-day tour with Richard was the highlight of my trip to Scotland. Anyone considering renting a car and doing it themselves should seriously consider otherwise. This tour was cheap, fascinating, and extremely entertaining. I would do it again next weekend if I could. Richard was very accommodating and sincerely cared that we got the most out of our trip. I really wanted to visit a castle my ancestors lived in. It wasn't on the itinerary and was out of the way, and I didn't think we would go. He suggested that we go before I had even asked if it was a possibility.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sydney, It is great to hear you had a fantastic tour with Richard and that you saw the castle. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a brilliant review. We hope that you come back to Scotland very soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CWChrisWritten on September 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentAwesome tour, covers lots of Scotland's highlights in a small time frame. Our guide Richard was an awesome bloke with a vast array of stories, facts and information. Also a great sense of humour. They let you change up the tour a bit and decide which places you want to spent more or less time in, which is great, depending on the type of people on the tour and the weather. Accomodation and transport in also comfy and clean.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Chris, Thank you so much for taking time to review us and sending the stunning pic. We are delighted to hear you had a great time on tour with Richard. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- MMichelleWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was incredible. Great vehicle and accommodations! There's no way I'd have found all of things we saw and experienced without our guide, Dave. He took us to the most beautiful locations, shared a bit of Scottish lore and history, and made a great playlist for trip. 5/5 for sure! Thank you!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Michelle, We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Dave. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Hopefully, we will see you again in near future. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- PSPrabhatWritten on September 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe 3 day Loch Ness and Skye tour was absolutely bliss. Our driver cum guide, Dave, was a great guy. He probably deserves some kind of award for his work. The hostels we stayed in were really nice too, specially the hostel on the shores of Loch Ness. I would highly recommend this tour company.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Prabhat, We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Dave. We agree that Dave deserves an award! And actually, your review can help him to win one. So, thank you so much for taking the time to review Dave and us. We look forward to having you on tour with us again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CCarolineWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing tour! Loved that they had a smaller bus which allowed us to have a more personal experience. The driver Dave really made the trip. He was very professional and told the best stories. I recommend this tour to everyone, especially a younger or more active crowdShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Caroline, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear you had a fab time on tour with Dave. Hopefully, we will see you again in near future. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- LLaurenWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was a wonderful tour! The whole tour was well thought out, and our tour guide - Richard - was extremely knowledgable about the best spots, the stories of the land and what to do to make the most of our time in Scotland. You could tell he had a true passion for his job and Scotland. The views are obviously incredible, and this tour felt like we were being let into secrets that tourists don't know about. It was a local tour, which meant that we got to see the best spots and marvel in the real beauty of Skye. The hostels were great, welcoming, incredible locations and very clean with good facilities. I really appreciated that we could change up the itinerary based on what we wanted to do. It made it feel personal and like a private tour. All in all it was a Fantastic tour. Would recommend to anyone considering going to Skye.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Lauren, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! We are delighted to hear you had brilliant time on tour with Richard. Hopefully, we will see you again soon. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- MMatthewWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentVery funny and amazing tour with Dave. Thank you!Show detailed ratings
- PaolaWritten on September 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentVery cool tour, Mark was an amazing guide, and the place we visit were awesome. Scotland is AMAZING!!!Show detailed ratings
- NPNikiWritten on September 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic 3 day tour of Lochness and Isle of Skye (despite the lovely Scottish weather). It was such a flexible tour. Our tour guide Dave really took into consideration what the group wanted to see and would adjust the itinerary accordingly. He told us the lengthy history of Scotland while making the stories interesting and relatable. I've been on many organised tours in my life and nothing has been so relaxed and flexible. 5/5 stars I will definitely be recommending this tour to my friends.Show detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on September 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour exceeded my expectations. I had an excellent time exploring Scottish castles, mountains, and historical sites. Our tour guide Mark was an absolute riot! Very passionate about Scottish history and a great storyteller. I booked this trip as a solo traveler and found many others on the tour were also traveling solo. We had a great time getting to know each other while experiencing the beauty of the Scottish Highlands. I can't wait for my next MacBackpackers tour!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Sunset Timelapse over Loch Ness - Taken from Lochside Hostel
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
- October 1, 2016
Can a 2 year old join this tour?
Unfortunately, none of the tour operators that list their tours on our site are able to take a 2 year old on their tours.
- August 1, 2016
When will we leave Edinburgh in the morning? Where do we meet?
Starting point: Old Town of Edinburgh: Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW Always check your email confirmation for exact departure location.
Starting time: During the summer season (April to October) our tours depart at 9:00am and return between 5:30pm and 7:00pm
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
3 Day Loch Ness and Skye
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from EdinburghMondayOct 23, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$38Price$191-20%USD $15310+ spaces left
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from EdinburghMondayOct 30, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $1860 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from EdinburghMondayApr 9, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from EdinburghMondayApr 16, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from EdinburghMondayApr 23, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from EdinburghMondayApr 30, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from EdinburghMondayMay 7, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from EdinburghMondayMay 14, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from EdinburghMondayMay 21, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from EdinburghMondayMay 28, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $18610+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2017 the full payment of $153 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $153 for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 17 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
- 91 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Sligachan (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 11 km
- Old Man of Storr (Scotland)
- 12 km
- Kilt Rock (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $153 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,425 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,115 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 107 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Loch Ness and Skye