Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria (2020)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,416
- Learn the fanciful legends of the Neuschwanstein Castle
- Bask in amazing views of valleys and verdant mountains
- See the theatre where the Passion Play is performed
- Enjoy a private tour of the great Schönbrunn Palace
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus, Sightseeing, Historical
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Fun-Loving Munich.
- Day 2: Jewels of the Bavarian Alps.
- Day 3: The City of Mozart and on to Vienna.
- Day 4: Vienna and the Habsburgs.
- Day 5: Sleepy Austrian Byways to St. Veit an der Glan.
- Day 6: The Dolomites to Innsbruck.
- Day 7: Beautiful Innsbruck.
- Day 8: The Engadine Valley and Chic St. Moritz.
- Day 9: All aboard the Glacier Express and on to Lucerne.
- Day 10: Dinner at the ‘Roof of Europe’ in Stanserhorn.
- Day 11: Leave Lucerne for Zurich.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- STScottWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Munich, Dachau (an extra), Salzburg, Vienna, Bernina Express (an extra), Glacier Express were tops but other stops were "oversold" as to sights to see. Final dinner in Lucerne was superb, but other dinners were ordinary. Accommodations in Oberammergau and... Read more
- CKChristopherWritten on January 22, 20182.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I did the the back roads of Bavaria tour in September 2017. It was my first guided tour. I wouldn’t suggest using Insight Tours for a few reasons and my particular experience. First consider there going to consider your first and last days labeled “travel”... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Laura20th May 2019
Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria (2020)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- FridayApr 10, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayApr 20, 2020to Zurich8 seats left$380$3,795-10%USD $3,416Sharing a twin room
- FridayApr 17, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayApr 27, 2020to Zurich10+ seats left$380$3,795-10%USD $3,416Sharing a twin room
- FridayApr 24, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayMay 4, 2020to Zurich10+ seats left$380$3,795-10%USD $3,416Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 1, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayMay 11, 2020to Zurich10+ seats left$385$3,850-10%USD $3,465Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 8, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayMay 18, 2020to ZurichOnly 1 seat left$100$3,850-3%USD $3,750Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 15, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayMay 25, 2020to Zurich0 seats leftUSD $3,850Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 22, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayJun 1, 2020to Zurich0 seats leftUSD $3,850Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 29, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayJun 8, 2020to ZurichOnly 1 seat left$100$3,850-3%USD $3,750Sharing a twin room
- FridayJun 5, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayJun 15, 2020to Zurich10+ seats left$100$3,795-3%USD $3,695Sharing a twin room
- FridayJun 12, 2020from Munich11 DaysMondayJun 22, 2020to ZurichOnly 1 seat left$100$3,795-3%USD $3,695Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Munich is the starting point and Zurich is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 27 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 27 January 2020, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Munich (Germany)
- 89 km
- Neuschwanstein (Germany)
- 175 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 22 km
- Mondsee (Austria)
- 155 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 20 km
- Wachau (Austria)
- 70 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 220 km
- St. Veit an der Glan (Austria)
- 231 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 147 km
- St Moritz (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,416 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 533 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 33,256 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours