- Our saving
- US $ 1,956
- Discover the vibrant Budapest
- Embrace the cultural diversity
- Visit the Bohemian Quarter in Belgrade
- Explore Durmitor National Park
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Osijek
- Day 4: Osijek
- Day 5: Vukovar / Ilok / Novi Sad
- Day 6: Belgrade
- Day 7: Belgrade
- Day 8: Sarajevo
- Day 9: Mostar / Sarajevo
- Day 10: Sarajevo
- Day 11: Durmitor National Park
- Day 12: Kotor
- Day 13: Kotor
- Day 14: Dubrovnik
- Day 15: Dubrovnik
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- EJEnidWritten on November 4, 20184.5 - Excellent
Intrepid tours always impress me. Love the low key and responsible approach, the use of walking orientations and free time to choose the activities most meaningful to self in between scheduled activities (still optional) to key sites or great experiences.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Enid, Thank you for sharing your experience, I really enjoyed reading this. I have passed this on, we look forward to seeing you on another Intrepid Trip.
- BBarbaraGaumWritten on June 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great itinerary as usual. Never disappointed.
- BSBenjaminWritten on May 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What a fantastic tour to the Balkans led by a warm, friendly, knowledgeable leader. The trip was varied and interesting and the history came alive with the local guides in-depth and passion for the places we visited. I enjoyed trying local speciality foods... Read more
- ACAnnaWritten on August 19, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Dinko, our guide, showed us an amazing adventure in the Balkans. This trip included a variety of interesting towns and cities across five countries. I particularly loved Bosnia and Montenegro! This is my third trip with Intrepid this year and I will... Read more
- JFJillWritten on July 8, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was my first trip with Intrepid so I didn't know what to expect. Having only 12 in a group was a real positive point, especially when seeing other bus loads of 40+ people doing the same things. Our group was mixed ages but all very friendly and amiable... Read more
- EmilyWritten on September 18, 20144.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great guide and wonderful group of people. Enjoyed all the destinations of this tour, but Mostar and Kotor especially stood out to me. Intrepid is a great company, emphasizing responsible tourism, which I really support.
- SSilviaWritten on January 29, 20144.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
MISS the point tour! If you need more advises how to manage good tour through these lands, then ask experts or locals ;) sorry, but this tour is really mismatch...
- AnonymousWritten on December 4, 20105.0 - Excellent
brilliant trip! have been raving about it to friends and would highly recommend it. generally speaking, a very well thought out and paced itinerary, which will change for the better next year.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AnonymousWritten on November 28, 20105.0 - Excellent
A well organised and planned tour - with a good mix of cities and country/coastal stops.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AnonymousWritten on November 22, 20104.0 - Good
an interesting mix of former communist states, some still recovering from 90\'s war (but safe to travel to), others in the tourism game, some of the best scenery and UNESCO sites around. Intrepid accom options centred us close to the actionReview collected by Intrepid Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time should we arrive on Day 1?
The first day of the tour itinerary is just an arrival day with no activities planned for the group, so you can arrive at any time on that day.
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
What type of hotels do you book for the tours?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- Main Page Video
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Laura20th May 2019
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Dubrovnik0 seats left$67USD $2,608Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayAug 28, 2019from Budapest15 DaysWednesdaySep 11, 2019to Dubrovnik4 seats left$64USD $2,511
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Dubrovnik4 seats left$65USD $2,535
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Budapest15 DaysWednesdaySep 18, 2019to Dubrovnik9 seats left$321$2,625-12%USD $2,304
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Dubrovnik9 seats left$312$2,550-12%USD $2,238
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats left$312$2,550-12%USD $2,238
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Dubrovnik6 seats left$63USD $2,442
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Dubrovnik4 seats left$61USD $2,394
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$404$2,360-17%USD $1,956
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to DubrovnikOnly 1 seat left$65USD $2,530
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary and Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Dubrovnik is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 18 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 18 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 218 km
- Osijek (Croatia)
- 96 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
- 69 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 124 km
- Ostrog Monastery (Montenegro)
- 36 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 61 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,956 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,035 tours in Europe
- covered by 568 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Adventure
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers