Senegal and The Gambia
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Join trip in Dakar (Senegal)
- Day 2: Ferry to the Island of Goree; Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Day 3: Visit to the Pink Lake followed by an afternoon drive to the old French Capital of West Africa; St. Louis
- Day 4: Djoudj bird reserve and St Louis;- Visit a charming french colonial town
- Day 5: Explore the Langue de Barbarie by motorised pirogue
- Day 6: Drive to Georgetown (Gambia) via Touba Mosque
- Day 7: Cruise along the Gambia River and visit an archaeological mystery, the Wassau Stone Circles
- Day 8: Bird and wildlife spotting as we cruise down the river; afternoon arrival at Tendaba river camp
- Day 9: At Tendaba; visits to Kiang West and Bao Bolong Wetland Reserves
- Day 10: Drive to Saloum Delta (Senegal)
- Day 11: Saolum Delta National Park; pirogue trip north through the Delta to Ndagane
- Day 12: Visit Senegal's giant Baobab tree, explore Fadiout Island and return to Dakar
- Day 13: Trip ends in Dakar
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CCatherineRowland· February 24th, 2020Be prepared for some very basic accommodation. There is no electricity at all at one location, you go for 4 days without hot water. No internet coverage for days. The state of repair of facilities is poor e.g. broken toilet flush, lights not working.... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback. The accommodation we use on this trip is mostly graded simple and electricity and hot water can be variable throughout West Africa which we explain in our trip notes. Internet in this region is not widespread so we see it as a... Show moreTrip date: February 2020
- LLesleyPallett· January 9th, 2020Not to use Air Portugal if at all possible as a large number of the group had bad experiences with flights being delayed and missing connections and had luggage go missing. Be aware that 2 of the hotels used on the tour are very basic indeed.... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewHi Lesley, Many thanks for your review and good to hear that you had a great experience. If you are flying from the UK the main airline is TAP Portuguese Airlines but there are some other airlines that do the route including Vueling, Iberia and Royal... Show moreTrip date: December 2019
- ABryan· May 17th, 2019This is a great trip for keen birdwatchers, who were in the majority on our trip. This,my 81st Explore trip, was my first visit to West Africa. I think that it is unlikely that I'll go to this region againExplore! commented on this reviewGlad you had a nice trip. Thanks for your review!Trip date: April 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AShaun· May 17th, 2019We have had many very good (and one or two not so good) tour leaders over the years, but none better than Baba. His organisational skills were first-class, he taught us a lot about the two countries and their histories and cultures and his bird-spotting... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJohn· May 17th, 2019Seeing all the birds was great but the countries didn't seem to have much else to offer. At least we were spared the usual day exploring the capital because Dakar is a grotty city. I wonder if national parks in the east or south of Senegal might be... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ACarole· May 17th, 2019I really enjoyed the trip and found it really interesting and loved the variety. I don't mind accomodation issues so long as I have a little running water and a loo and clean sheets and a mossie net - that is all we need but unfortunately not everyone... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AJacqueline· May 17th, 2019It was suggested we bring a fleece for cool evenings but many of us were surprised how cool it could be in the evenings. Maybe more emphasis on this might help future travellers.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Glad you had a nice trip.Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AKevin· May 17th, 2019It was an excellent trip and exactly how we had imagined it would be- although actually even better when seeing all the stunning scenery and the birds “in the flesh”.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- APhilip· May 17th, 2019Just again would like to emphasize the great double act that was Baba and Ussman. I have no hesitation in recommending these two to others looking at this area.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review, and praise for the guides.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AKrystyna· May 17th, 2019This trip exceeded my expectations. I went to escape English January weather and came back with so many new and lovely experiences. Thank you Explore!Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday31 Oct, 2021EnglishFriday12 Nov, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday14 Nov, 2021EnglishFriday26 Nov, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday20 Dec, 2021EnglishSaturday1 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Jan, 2022EnglishFriday28 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday6 Feb, 2022EnglishFriday18 Feb, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday20 Feb, 2022EnglishFriday4 Mar, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday13 Mar, 2022EnglishFriday25 Mar, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Apr, 2022EnglishFriday15 Apr, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Oct, 2022EnglishFriday28 Oct, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Oct, 2022EnglishFriday11 Nov, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,3500% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar