Inca Trail Trek
- Hiking & Trekking
- Active Adventure
- Mountain Hikes
- Fully Guided
- In-depth Cultural
- Christmas & New Year
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Machu Picchu
- Cruise on the highest navigable lake in the world
- Challenge yourself with a trek of the classic Inca Trail
- Grab that rewarding photograph at Machu Picchu
- Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas, Cusco
- Day 1 Join trip Cusco
- Day 2 Walking tour of Cusco. Visit to Sacsayhuaman
- Day 3 Free day in Cusco; Option to trek to Moray, stand up paddle board on Piuray Lagoon or take a brewery tour
- Day 4 Commence Inca Trail; walk to Llaqtapata ruins
- Day 5 Follow river to Wayllabamba village; continue to Llulluchapampa
- Day 6 Cross 'Dead Woman's Pass' (4,200m).; hike through cloudforest to Phuyupatamarca
- Day 7 Arrive to Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate
- Day 8 Revisit Machu Picchu; return to Ollantaytambo by train before continuing by bus to Cusco
- Day 9 Trip ends Cusco
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AHilary· December 23rd, 2019Just a big thank you to Explore for perhaps one of the best adventure holidays I ahve had. It wasnt just the Inca Trail, but Lake Titicaca and the Amazon as well.Explore! commented on this reviewYou are welcome! Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- Ageorge· December 23rd, 2019will definitely recommend ExploreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and recommendation.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADavid· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ARussell· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- HHannah· September 16th, 2019Understand the level of fitness and physical stamina needed to complete the Inca Trail- this will ensure that you enjoy the trip and will make it smoother for the rest of the group.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and advise. It is like climbing up stairs for 5 days! Glad you had fun.Trip date: September 2019
- AMichael· May 17th, 2019We spent too long in Aguas Calientes on the final day of the hike. We completed our morning visit to Machu Picchu on the Saturday morning and were back down in the town by 1pm. Hanging around until 6.15pm seemed pointless and meant we didn't get back to... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review!Trip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJane· May 17th, 2019just thank you for the wonderful trip, and a thank you to all the people that helped us especially Roger our guide, what a find he is ... dont loose himExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ALynne· May 17th, 2019It was an amazing trip with lots of details taken care of, which made it very smooth runningExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Saturday17 Jun, 2023Sunday25 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin ShareSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,740
- Saturday5 Aug, 2023Sunday13 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,770
- -8%Saturday2 Sep, 2023Sunday10 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,770$1,630Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Saturday9 Sep, 2023Sunday17 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,770Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Saturday16 Sep, 2023Sunday24 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,770Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Saturday23 Sep, 2023Sunday1 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7400% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- -7%Saturday30 Sep, 2023Sunday8 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,740$1,6100% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Saturday7 Oct, 2023Sunday15 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7400% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Saturday14 Oct, 2023Sunday22 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7400% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- -7%Saturday21 Oct, 2023Sunday29 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,740$1,6100% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F. As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F.
- Type APeru
- Type BPeru
- Type CPeru
- Type EPeru
- Type FPeru
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before August 23rd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after August 23rd, 2023, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Peru
- Peru Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley: Hike, Cost & Difficulty
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Peru from Cusco
- Peru Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 9 days Peru
- Operators in Latin America
- Machu Picchu
- Inca Trail
- Inca Trail Trek Tours in Peru
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Andes Mountains Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Camping Tours
- Mountain Hikes Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Andes Mountains
- Machu Picchu
- Inca Trail
- Peru tours