Historic Baltic Republics
- Our saving
- US $ 1,980
- Wander through the halls of historic medieval centres
- Discover timeworn windmills and medieval churches
- Search for birdlife amongst twisted forest trees
- See wooden windmills on Estonia's largest island
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Local Guide, Walking Tour, Sightseeing
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip in Tallinn (Estonia)
Start point Hotel Go Shnelli, Hotel reception, Toompuiestee 37, 10133 Tallinn, Estonia 18:00
- Day 2: Morning walking tour of Tallinn with a free afternoon
- Day 3: Tour of Saaremaa Island including Kaali Meteorite Crater
- Day 4: Explore Kuressare including Saint Laurentius Church
- Day 5: Travelling to Tartu, the oldest town in Estonia
- Day 6: Morning walking tour of Tartu including Toomemagi Hill
- Day 7: See Cesis and Sigulda en route to Riga (Latvia)
- Day 8: Walking tour of Riga's historic old town
- Day 9: Free day in Riga or the chance to visit Jurmala
- Day 10: Rundale Palace and the Hill of Crosses en route to Klaipeda (Lithuania)
- Day 11: Visit Curonian Spit National Park with time on the beach
- Day 12: Walking tour of Kaunas including the castle ruins
- Day 13: Vilnius via Pazaislis Monastery and Trakai Castle
- Day 14: Tour of Vilnius including the Chapel of the Dawn
Day 15: Trip ends in Vilnius
End point Ecotel Vilnius, Hotel reception, 8, Slucko g., Vilnius 09312, Lithuania 09:00
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- HilaryHaighWritten on September 19, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This is an excellent trip giving a good overview of the three states, their geography, buildings, people and. particularly their political and social history. There is plenty of free time included to enable personal visits to some of the many museums,... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- HughandColleenSamuelWritten on September 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Very interesting and plenty of free time though some places a bit rushedReview collected by Explore!
- CathHeadWritten on September 12, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
An interesting tour of the popular tourist places in the Baltic States.Review collected by Explore!
- MaryBanksWritten on August 19, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good balanced trip - mixture of city tours and countryside - with free time in each city. Eye opening history, we learned a lot! Can be full on, with lot of walking involved, but you have option to rest if required (but then you don't want to miss out on... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- GGillianWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A very good trip and a great holiday. A few tweaks to the itinerary - with a few small extras and a couple of different hotels - would have made it excellent. Ona was excellent and added to the holiday. 18 seemed a large number - 14-16 would have been... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- MMaryWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I. Glad that on this trip there was enough time in each city/big town after the organised guided tour to go to places I wanted to visit. On some other holidays I’ve found we’ve not had long enough for this.. We learnt so much about these countries. A very... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- GGillianWritten on May 17, 20193.7 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I had a fantastic time leaving with wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. I feel explores communication could have been more responsive prior to departure and when issues occurred during the trip for other travellers.Review collected by Explore!
- CCaroleWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
very worthwhile trip which throes light on a geography close to our own and in our own lifetimes. The history is salutary and the people's determination and strength awesome. If only our own population had the same gumption.Review collected by Explore!
- CCarolynWritten on May 17, 20193.3 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Food is plentiful and cheap by British standards, We would not recommend this trip to a solo female because of the location of some of the hotels.Review collected by Explore!
- GGillianWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Excellent itinery. Met some great fellow travellers. Had an absolutely fantastic time. Only complaint is bout explore administration not the tour.Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Solo travel reviews: Travelling solo with Explore is not travelling alone...
- Welcome to Explore
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ross26th February 2019
Historic Baltic Republics
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayJun 6, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayJun 20, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayJun 27, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayJul 4, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayJul 18, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayAug 15, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayAug 8, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayAug 22, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Tallinn15 DaysSaturdayAug 29, 2020to Vilnius10+ seats left$40USD $1,980
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroEstonia , Latvia and Lithuania
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tallinn is the starting point and Vilnius is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 21 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 November 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions. TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 162 km
- Saaremaa (Estonia)
- 239 km
- Tartu (Estonia)
- 175 km
- Sigulda (Latvia)
- 51 km
- Riga (Latvia)
- 18 km
- Jurmala (Latvia)
- 216 km
- Klaipeda (Lithuania)
- 29 km
- Curonian Spit National Park (Lithuania)
- 189 km
- Kaunas (Lithuania)
- 73 km
- Trakai (Lithuania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,980 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,225 tours in Europe
- covered by 552 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 30,910 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours