Southern Voyager - South Island New Zealand
- Our saving
- US $ 821
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Explore the Franz Josef glacier
- Cruise around the UNESCO-listed Milford Sound
- Go off-piste in Queenstown
- Enjoy nature at it's best at Mt Cook
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- AdamWritten on May 22, 20184.0 - GoodAll in all this was a great tour- well planned and well managed by Telli our guide. Would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to see New Zealand without all the stress of logistics and planning! Especially great for solo travellers!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for the review Adam! We're so glad that you enjoyed yourself!
- AshWritten on May 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentLoved this tour so much. The perfect NZ taster. Great transport, fantastic transport and all the accommodation of a high standard. Above all we had an excellent guide in Mark!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewYay, thank you for your review Ash! It's fantastic to hear that you loved it!
- NMNatalieWritten on May 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentReally enjoyed this tour, we had a great group and an awesome tour guide. Scenery on the south island of NZ is beautiful, and we got to see so much in 1 week. Accommodation was really good for this type of group tour as well - we had four to a room with our own bathroom in the room.Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for such a great review Natalie! We're so glad that you had a great time with us!
- JHJonahWritten on April 28, 20184.0 - GoodMark knew all the best places to stop at along the way on our trip and was very helpful throughout. The tour was amazing and I would definitely do it again.Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the review Jonah! Its great to hear that you enjoyed our trip and liked Mark!
- TSTimWritten on April 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentGood Tour. Even though weather wasn't kind to us was still loads to do!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Tim! Its a shame the weather wasn't amazing!
- JBJoelWritten on April 14, 20184.0 - GoodThis tour was amazing. Phillip was very knowledgeable and was willing to answer any questions that we had. We visited some awesome places and had the chance to participate in some fun activities. The hostel accommodation was average but not bad considering the cheap price of the tour.Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the review Joel!
- MMiriamWritten on February 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentWith only 10 days between finishing work and having to go back to the UK's crappy winter, Wild Kiwi's 7 day Southern Voyager tour was absolutely perfect! Even by day 2, you've made great friends on board and, Robbie, our guide was friendly, relaxed and very knowledgeable. The tour encompasses some fantastic locations and although some drives were long, the scenery is spectacular, you take frequent breaks at beautiful places and, in our case, the music was fab too! Wild Kiwi provided concise but informative pre-departure information, included rough prices for optional activities, but there is plenty to do at each place if those don't take your fancy. I would really recommend this tour, especially for lone travellers, non-drivers or those short on time - the company and sights are incredible and I am gutted to be home now! Thanks for a great time Robbie!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewYay! What a great review, we are so happy that you had a fantastic time! We hope the UK is starting to warm up for you!
- EmilyWritten on February 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip is a must do I haven't stopped talking about this to everyone I know since we finished it!! Wild Kiwi is a young, new tour company (great for 20 somethings like me) and so worth the money for all the life-changing experiences you gain - our guide Robbie was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and literally went above and beyond for our group so many times. The bus rides are enjoyable and the everyone becomes a family after the first day! As a first time solo traveller I found this trip perfect as I was able to go out and do my own activities on our free days and still come back to spend the night with the rest of the group, where we would all share our awesome photos and experiences from the day! I made some amazing friends and we have all stayed in touch since. The different hostels are great and unique/quirky in their own ways. Queenstown was definitely a crowd favourite - We stayed in the heart of the city and the kitchen overlooks the water and mountains. If you aren't a thrill seeker that's okay, there are still great optional activities like hiking, kayaking and helicopter flights on any given day. 7 days was the perfect amount of time for everything we saw, there are also lots of photo stops that are made on the way (and boy are there a LOT of scenic locations around the South Island) Again, cannot recommend enough!!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewLoving the photos! Thank for the amazing review, we're so glad you enjoyed your time with us!
- EWElizaWritten on February 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI'm just about to fly home after our 7 day Southern Voyager tour. It was one of the best weeks of my life! Our tour guide Robbie was absolutely incredible the whole time and he made our week super easy for us. He knows so much about New Zealand so we learned heaps while on tour, and he's super organised and communicates very clearly so there's never any confusion about where you need to be. If you had to check in for any activities he'd show you exactly where you had to be and at what time. He also pre-booked tables for the whole group for dinner most nights (which were totally optional) so you didn't have to think about where to go if you didn't want to. He made our tour awesome! 7 days is a short amount of time but we did so much that it feels longer! Activities I recommend are: - Sky diving in Franz Josef. Awesome company, cheaper than a lot of other places, with an incredible view as you fall! - Milford Sound. Don't miss this! Not just the cruise itself but the drive through Fiordland National Park is a must-see and absolutely takes your breath away. - Shotover Canyon Swing in Queenstown. Possibly my favourite activity for the whole trip. It was SO MUCH fun, and was the perfect balance between scary and exciting. - Do the hikes that your guide recommends! Robbie's advice never lead us astray and we loved all the walks we did. - Star gazing in Mt Cook. A bunch of us just walked out to a random paddock and lay there and watched the most amazing stars. One of my favourite memories. Overall the experience was incredible - I can't think of a single negative thing to say. We made some amazing friends and memories, and I'm so grateful that a company like this (smaller tour groups, locals running it etc) exists! Thanks Wild Kiwi for an amazing week.Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewWow! One of the best weeks of your life?! That's so fantastic, thank you! Its fantastic that you made some amazing friends and memories, that's exactly what we hoped for when designing these tours! Thank you for the review!
- NWNicolaWritten on February 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI just finished up the 7 day Southern Voyager with an awesome group of people. We all felt welcome from the minute we jumped on the bus thanks to our amazing tour guide Robbie. There was a lot of driving, but the scenery was so beautiful, the music was good, lots of fun chatting with the other people in our group, and I always felt safe even along the many hairpin bends! Robbie was super organised giving us heaps of notice about activities and times for the following days, making sure we were all booked in to the activities we wanted, and organising dinners. His knowledge about everything New Zealand is second to none and we always went on amazing walks, ate yummy food and learned so much about the culture, history, wildlife and plant life of this beautiful country. I would highly recommend the skydiving in Franz Josef - it is not that expensive, the views from up there are insane, and the whole experience was great. Milford Sound was incredible - as was the drive through Fiordland. In Queenstown we took full advantage - doing the canyon swing (do it!!!) And then I went and did a bungy jump (I would recommend doing the bridge or nevis, the ledge bungy gave me whiplash), then ended the day with a pub crawl. The accomodation here was great. Driving through to Mount Cook was also stunning, I have some amazing pics. Mount Cook itself and the walk we did here was beautiful - we also stayed up to stargaze - highly recommend this! There were so many great little stops along the way and I have so many amazing photos and memories to take away from this trip. I had so much fun and made some great friends. Thank you Wild Kiwi for what was one of the best weeks of my life. I am sad to leave and cannot wait to come back!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewWow! It looks like you managed to fit in as much crazy adrenaline activities as possible! Thank you for such a great review, we're so happy that you felt safe and had fun on our tour!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 CHRISTCHURCH FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER
- Day 2 FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER
- Day 3 FRANZ JOSEF QUEENSTOWN
- Day 4 QUEENSTOWN & MILFORD SOUND
- Day 5 QUEENSTOWN
- Day 6 MOUNT COOK
- Day 7 MT COOK CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Wild Kiwi New Zealand Adventure Tours
- Wild Kiwi - Your Custom Vehicle
- Wild Kiwi - Jump In
- Wild Kiwi - BBQ with a view
- Wild Kiwi - Adrenaline Rush
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
After a day of experiencing Lake Tekapo, the Church of the Good Shepherd and much more, you arrive back into Christchurch at approximately 4 pm. You can choose to get dropped off in the city centre or at Christchurch Airport - that's entirely up to you.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour starts at 9.30 am from Christchurch International Airport, where you will be heading for the dizzying heights of Arthur’s Pass and the stunning snow-capped Southern Alps. This is only the beginning of your Southern adventure!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
This tour starts at the airport in Christchurch, and when the tour is finished you can choose whether you would like to be dropped off at Christchurch airport or city centre.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Southern Voyager - South Island New Zealand
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$25USD $821
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 15% to confirm this Wild Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 September 2018 the full payment of $821 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $821 for Southern Voyager - South Island New Zealand, but the deposit of 15% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wild Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wild Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $821 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 898 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 62 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Southern Voyager - South Island New Zealand via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 39 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Voyager - South Island New Zealand