Anzac Day Tours & Trips
In 1915, the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps arrived in Turkey, and fought an ill-fated mission during the First World War. Anzac Day marks the anniversary of this event and honours the fallen soldiers with a service hosted on the Gallipoli peninsula. Despite the sombre atmosphere, it’s a way to pay respect to those who lost their lives and to celebrate the legacy of the Anzac spirit.
Anzac Day Celebrations Around the World
AustraliaAcross Australia, commemorative services are hosted at dawn – the time of the original landing. Later in the day, there are marches and parades that take place across the country. In Canberra, the National Ceremony features a traditional order of service that begins with the Commemorative Address, and includes wreath laying, hymns, the sounding of the Last Post, observance of a moment of silence, and the national anthems of Australia and New Zealand.
New ZealandIn New Zealand, Anzac Day is a public holiday, and many people will attend a dawn ceremony or attend a commemorative parade. In most cases, the parade and march will involve retired service personnel or family members wearing their medals, and it is not uncommon for cadets or defence service members to join in the parade. Wreaths are often laid to honour New Zealanders who have lost their lives in wars over the years.
TurkeyAnzac Day is just as important to the history of Turkey and is remembered in a number of ways as a defining moment in the history of the nation. To commemorate the event, individuals from around the world travel to the solemn battlefield site (Anzac Cove on the Gallipoli peninsula) on April 25th, where they will attend a dawn service.
Popular Anzac Tours
Anzac Day Tour-10 Days
10 days from $1,618 $1,255
- Cruise along the magnificent Bosphorus
- View the astonishing natural caves in Cappadocia
- Visit Troy, Pergamum and the ancient wonders
- Pay respect to fallen Soldiers at Anzac Cove
Anzac Day Tour-11 Days
11 days from $1,698 $1,317
Anzac Day Tour-6 Days
6 days from $1,078 $836
Anzac Day Tour-4 Days
4 days from $738 $572
Gallipoli Peninsula Commemorations
Anzac Day Essentials
- Make sure you are in good physical condition to walk up to 10 km
- Your passport is required at the first validation checkpoint at Akbas
- There are a few Turkish food vendors, but bring some of your own non-perishable food
- Be patient—lines can be long at the multiple security screenings points
- Pack an overnight bag for the 24 hours you’ll be attending commemoration events
- Wear sturdy, comfortable walking shoes
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for the daytime
- Pack a warm jacket as temperatures can drop to below 0 in the early hours before the Dawn Service
- Pack a warm blanket for the overnight vigil
- Bring a sealed water bottle as there is no running water on the premises
- Get your tour guide’s contact info in case you get separated