Best New Zealand Tours
No Hobbits or Elves to see whilst touring the awe inspiring countryside of New Zealand, but you could become an adventure junkie - parasailing, jetboating, heli-hiking, glacier walking are just some of the many activities available on the North and South islands. There’s glow worms, thermal pools, quaint historic towns, incredible coastline and, yes .. N.Z.’s traditional fish ‘n’ chips !
250+ trips through New Zealand with 319 reviews
Southern Explorer (ex. Christchurch)
"Amazing South Island tour! Fabulous group and top deck guide and driver! Wish..."
'Sweet as' South
"It was a crazy summer adventure I'll never forget. Some of the best moments of..."
Northern Explorer (ex. Wellington)
"Where do I begin describing this trip?? This trip was absolutely amazing, from..."
New Zealand–Best of the North Island
"I think it's sad that I only had the option to do the north Island of..."
Sun & Steam
"It's was an amazing experience and Isobel made it even better, she such a..."
7 Day South Island Lick Tour
"Mike Hygemann (Hygi) is an exceptionally talented & knowledgable Guide, who..."
7 Day South Island Snow Safari
"Excellent tour which exceeded all expectations. Arguably the best week of my..."
Stray - Tom Pass (North Island)
"I can't say enough positive things about my recent Stray experience! Motors was..."
Stray - Short Willy Pass (South Island)
"In the beginning the air con on board wasnt working but stray got this sorted..."
Highlights of New Zealand
15 day cultural discovery tour through Auckland, Hahei, Rotorua and 6 other destinations in New Zealand
Best of Southern Alps Trek
6 day hiking & trekking tour through Christchurch, Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook and 4 other destinations in New Zealand
Otago Rail Trail Classic
5 day bicycle tour through Christchurch, Clyde, Lauder and 2 other destinations in New Zealand
Otago Rail Trail Classic
5 day bicycle tour through Christchurch, Lake Tekapo, Clyde and 7 other destinations in New Zealand
Trekking in New Zealand
22 day hiking & trekking tour through Auckland, Rotorua, Tongariro National Park and 14 other destinations in New Zealand
Trails of New Zealand
21 day combo tour through Auckland, Tiritiri Matangi, Rotorua and 12 other destinations in New Zealand
- Bungee jump off the Kawarau Bridge before taking a jet boat through the Shotover Canyon.
- Take a helicopter flight before starting your ice climbing tour.
- Swim with friendly and playful New Zealand Fur Seals.
- Go crocodile biking on Wellington's waterfront before hitting a café by the market.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Christchurch cityscape high above the valley in your gondola.
- Boat through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves which are naturally illuminated by thousands of glowworms.
- Discover the ‘finest walk in the world’. Marvel at the mountain peaks, sheer canyons and majestic waterfalls of the Milford Track.
- Learn about the ancient Maori culture while enjoying a hāngi dinner and a traditional dance concert.
- Experience an adrenalin rush as you indulge in a wide range of exciting activities such as skydiving and bungee jumping at Queenstown.
- Enjoy captivating fine art performances and experience the traditional ‘hongi’ greeting at an authentic Maori village in Rotorua.
- Explore an intriguing geothermal phenomenon of boiling mud pools and shooting geysers against the craggy backdrop of Rotorua.
- Hike across the volcanic terrain of the Tongariro National Park for an unforgettable glimpse of emerald crater lakes, cold mountain springs and active craters.
- Spend a relaxing afternoon sipping delicious wine at a vineyard in Nelson.
- Snorkel, swim and sail around the Bay of Islands, an archipelago of 144 sun kissed islands. You’ll spot magnificent sperm whales and swim with friendly dolphins and fur seals at Kaikoura.
- Discover the remarkable beauty of spectacular waterfalls, snow capped mountains and dramatic fjords as you make your way across Milford Sound fiord.
- Be awestruck by mysterious subterranean caves, underground rivers and thousands of glow worms at Waitomo.
- English and Maori are the official languages of New Zealand but Kiwi Slang is what you’ll remember.
- The official currency is the New Zealand dollar. Debit/ATM machines are everywhere but credit cards are handy for larger purchases.
- Don’t leave New Zealand without jade, Swanndri clothing and glass art.
- Tip in the neighbourhood of 10-15% but try and be discreet. .
- It’s possible to experience all four seasons in the span of 24 hours. Be prepared with layers and good walking shoes. No need to worry about dressing up at all, it’s a very casual country.
- Cuisine is influenced by the native Maori, Europe and Asia. Drinking water amongst the purest in the world.
- Be sure to try a L&P soft drink which is traditionally made by mixing lemon juice with carbonated mineral water from the town of Paeroa.
- The Kea, a bird native to New Zealand, is known for pulling windscreen wipers off cars and eating the strips of rubber from windows.
- Carry plenty of water and sun block while venturing outdoors since the sun is much stronger here than in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Respect Maori culture by not sitting on tables or putting your hat on them. Further, avoid eating or drinking when inside a wharenui (meeting place).
- You can safely use the word ‘kiwi’ while referring to New Zealanders. They don’t consider it to be an offensive tag.
- Eat your food only after it has been blessed by the Maori. Your tour guide will give you an idea of traditions and customs before you visit the tribes.
- Be careful not to criticize the All Blacks; New Zealand’s favorite rugby team.
- If you’re wrapping a gift, avoid using the color red as it’s considered a taboo here.
- Cafes and restaurants usually levy an additional service charge of 10% on statutory holidays.
- Avoid making the ‘V’ sign to indicate victory.
"My New Zealand tour was memorable because of Isobel, the tour guide. I did not know what to expect on my Contiki tour but as it turned out, Isobel made it wonderful."'Sweet as' South
"The New Zealand experience was fascinating. There isin't anything not to like about New Zealand, it is an awesome country with beautiful sceneries, the people were amazing and the food and drinks were superb. Our tour guide (Isobel) did a fantastic job as she knew all the best places, encouraged us to do something bit different or scary (like a bungy jump) and her good taste in music kept us going in the mornings if we were feeling a bit worse for wear after a night out. I highly recommend this New Zealand tour."'Sweet as' South (End Wellington)
"This New Zealand tour was amazing. I made some good friends during the travel and what made the tour enjoyable was the tour guide (Isobel), she was very informative and helpful as well as hilarious and fun to be around. I highly recommend this New Zealand tour to family and friends and will definitely do another one."Northern Choice (Auckland to Christchurch)