Romantic Britain & Ireland (2019, 18 Days)
- US $ 4,547
- Rather Poor
- DDebbieWritten on July 3, 20173.0 - AverageThis was our 3rd Insight tour. Romantic Britain & Ireland. We had an excellent driver in Mike who always went above and beyond making all guests feel welcome. We found him to be an excellent driver at all times and any guest that have him as their driver will be very impressed by him. We had booked 2 rooms for our 3 family members & were very disappointed after requesting interconnecting rooms where possible (fully understanding that some hotels don't offer this) That on arrival at some of the hotels that we were actually placed on different floors or on one occasion 18 rooms & 3 long corridors separated us. We had asked our tour director to request we be located as close as possible so this surprised us when on arrival we would have to re negotiate rooms our selves. With the reception staff advising that they had no idea that even though there were 2 rooms booked in the same surname that we might have been together??? Anyway I have to say we really enjoyed seeing beautiful Ireland, it was amazing & would encourage people to do a similar tour. I am not sure if we will ever travel Insight again due to the standard of hotels in particular the final two nights while we did manage rooms side by side whilst not interconnecting at least we were close. Apparently Both rooms had unsafe balconies so the large sliding doors out to the lovely view & fresh air of Torquay could not be enjoyed by our family in either room as they had to be permanently bolted shut except for 4 cm & even the windows were deemed unsafe & screwed shut . The days were hot & sunny & with windows & doors bolted shut it made our stay very uncomfortable to say the least. We were offered at a late hour to transfer to another hotel however rooms were on separate floors & as we had an early start each day we would need to be back at the tour hotel for breakfast & to join the tour in time for the early start. We decided to stay in our rooms. It was an awful couple of nights sealed in our room at this lovely seaside location we were supplied a couple of fans as the rooms have no air conditioning as the rooms would have been designed to enjoy the sea breezes you would get if you could open your doors & windows that were originally meant to open but now deemed unsafe to do so . Our other tour friends told us they felt sorry for us in this situation & embarrassed as they had been sitting out on their lovely balconies enjoying them as you would hope they would be. We definitely would not have wished our rooms on any one else & were glad for them they got decent rooms. Was very disappointing indeed.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Day 2: Lincoln’s Magna Carta and Medieval York.
- Day 3: The English Lakes to Edinburgh.
- Day 4: Scotland’s Capital of Culture.
- Day 5: St. Andrews and Inverness.
- Day 6: Across the Sea to Skye.
- Day 7: Loch Lomond and Glasgow.
- Day 8: Across the Irish Sea to Belfast.
- Day 9: Dublin city sightseeing.
- Day 10: A pint of the 'Black Stuff'.
- Day 11: Galway, the Cliffs of Moher and Limerick.
- Day 12: The Dingle Peninsula to Killarney.
- Day 13: Ring of Kerry Experience.
- Day 14: Blarney Castle and Waterford.
- Day 15: Across the Irish Sea to Cardiff.
- Day 16: The Roman Bath and Glastonbury.
- Day 17: The Cornish Coast.
- Day 18: Salisbury Plain and Stonehenge.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Introducing Insight Vacations
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
What time in the morning do the tours leave their destination?
It depends on where you are driving to, on the weather and the group! Usually the group will leave early in the morning at 8am or 9am so that you make the most of the day!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Romantic Britain & Ireland (2019, 18 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayApr 23, 2019from London20 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Stonehenge9 seats left$548$5,475-10%USD $4,928
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from London20 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to StonehengeOnly 1 seat left$558$5,575-10%USD $5,018
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from London20 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Stonehenge7 seats leftUSD $5,575
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from London20 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Stonehenge8 seats left$560$5,595-10%USD $5,036
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from London20 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Stonehenge10+ seats left$560$5,595-10%USD $5,036
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from London20 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Stonehenge10+ seats left$563$5,625-10%USD $5,063
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from London20 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Stonehenge7 seats left$573$5,725-10%USD $5,153
- TuesdayJul 30, 2019from London20 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Stonehenge10+ seats left$595$5,950-10%USD $5,355
- TuesdayAug 6, 2019from London20 DaysSundayAug 25, 2019to Stonehenge10+ seats left$595$5,950-10%USD $5,355
- TuesdayAug 13, 2019from London20 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Stonehenge10+ seats left$595$5,950-10%USD $5,355
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 December 2018 the full payment of $4,547 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4547 for Romantic Britain & Ireland (2019, 18 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 82 km
- Oxford (England)
- 58 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 201 km
- York (England)
- 144 km
- Lake District National Park (England)
- 164 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 153 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,547 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Romantic Britain & Ireland (2019, 18 Days)