Romantic Britain and Ireland (Summer 2018, 18 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 4,314
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Rather Poor
- DDebbieWritten on July 3, 20173.0 - AverageThis was our 3rd Insight tour. Romantic Britain & Ireland. We had an excellent driver in Mike who always went above and beyond making all guests feel welcome. We found him to be an excellent driver at all times and any guest that have him as their driver will be very impressed by him. We had booked 2 rooms for our 3 family members & were very disappointed after requesting interconnecting rooms where possible (fully understanding that some hotels don't offer this) That on arrival at some of the hotels that we were actually placed on different floors or on one occasion 18 rooms & 3 long corridors separated us. We had asked our tour director to request we be located as close as possible so this surprised us when on arrival we would have to re negotiate rooms our selves. With the reception staff advising that they had no idea that even though there were 2 rooms booked in the same surname that we might have been together??? Anyway I have to say we really enjoyed seeing beautiful Ireland, it was amazing & would encourage people to do a similar tour. I am not sure if we will ever travel Insight again due to the standard of hotels in particular the final two nights while we did manage rooms side by side whilst not interconnecting at least we were close. Apparently Both rooms had unsafe balconies so the large sliding doors out to the lovely view & fresh air of Torquay could not be enjoyed by our family in either room as they had to be permanently bolted shut except for 4 cm & even the windows were deemed unsafe & screwed shut . The days were hot & sunny & with windows & doors bolted shut it made our stay very uncomfortable to say the least. We were offered at a late hour to transfer to another hotel however rooms were on separate floors & as we had an early start each day we would need to be back at the tour hotel for breakfast & to join the tour in time for the early start. We decided to stay in our rooms. It was an awful couple of nights sealed in our room at this lovely seaside location we were supplied a couple of fans as the rooms have no air conditioning as the rooms would have been designed to enjoy the sea breezes you would get if you could open your doors & windows that were originally meant to open but now deemed unsafe to do so . Our other tour friends told us they felt sorry for us in this situation & embarrassed as they had been sitting out on their lovely balconies enjoying them as you would hope they would be. We definitely would not have wished our rooms on any one else & were glad for them they got decent rooms. Was very disappointing indeed.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, Oxford and Stratford upon Avon.
- Day 2: Lincoln’s Magna Carta and Medieval York.
- Day 3: The English Lakes to Edinburgh.
- Day 4: Scotland’s Capital of Culture.
- Day 5: St. Andrews and Inverness.
- Day 6: Across the Sea to Skye.
- Day 7: Loch Lomond and Glasgow.
- Day 8: Across the Irish Sea to Belfast.
- Day 9: Dublin city sightseeing.
- Day 10: A pint of the 'Black Stuff'.
- Day 11: Galway, the Cliffs of Moher and Limerick.
- Day 12: The Dingle Peninsula to Killarney.
- Day 13: Ring of Kerry Experience.
- Day 14: Blarney Castle and Waterford.
- Day 15: Across the Irish Sea to Cardiff.
- Day 16: The Roman Bath and Glastonbury.
- Day 17: The Cornish Coast.
- Day 18: Salisbury Plain and Stonehenge.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Introducing Insight Vacations
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
- October 1, 2016
What time in the morning do the tours leave their destination?
It depends on where you are driving to, on the weather and the group! Usually the group will leave early in the morning at 8am or 9am so that you make the most of the day!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Romantic Britain and Ireland (Summer 2018, 18 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- MondayJun 4, 2018from London21 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to London9 seats left$211USD $5,064
- MondayJul 2, 2018from London21 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to London9 seats left$212USD $5,083
- MondayJul 9, 2018from London21 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to London10+ seats left$212USD $5,083
- MondayJul 23, 2018from London21 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to London7 seats left$215USD $5,160
- MondayJul 30, 2018from London21 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to London10+ seats left$224USD $5,371
- MondayAug 6, 2018from London21 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$224USD $5,371
- MondayAug 13, 2018from London21 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to London9 seats left$224USD $5,371
- MondayAug 20, 2018from London21 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to London8 seats left$224USD $5,371
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London21 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to London10+ seats left$213USD $5,112
- MondaySep 3, 2018from London21 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to London10+ seats left$212USD $5,083
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 July 2018 the full payment of $4,314 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4314 for Romantic Britain and Ireland (Summer 2018, 18 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 82 km
- Oxford (England)
- 58 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 201 km
- York (England)
- 144 km
- Lake District National Park (England)
- 164 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 153 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,314 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,958 tours in Europe
- covered by 208 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Romantic Britain and Ireland (Summer 2018, 18 Days)