Scandinavian Escape - 12 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,820
- See the famed Nyhavn waterfront and Rosenborg castle
- Visit the home of Hans Christian Andersen in Odense
- Enjoy the scenery as you travel from Oslo to Bergen
- View the Uppsala Cathedral and explore Gamla Stan
- Rather Poor
- HAHanyWritten on September 23, 20184.0 - GoodOverall, a great trip. The itinerary was excellent. The tour guide was professional, decent, polite, and helpful this time around. The driver was hospitable, treated us like guests in his home and went the extra mile to please, beside being very skillful of course. With long drives like we did, coach Wi-Fi access is very important, and the service needs improvement. The single supplement charge was too high.This is a turn off for me as I travel solo most of the time and like my privacy. Some of the hotels were not up to expectations. One meal was just too small for an adult .Show detailed ratings
- NANajmehWritten on September 20, 20183.0 - AverageWe were left behind on the first day with no effort for apologies or to allow us to catch up during the city tour. The bus left at two minutes after stated time for departure. Tour guide made no effort to locate us, as we were simply in the hotel lobby looking for our group... I in fact chased the bus as it drove away. Caroline stated, she would not apologize as she was "doing her job as tour leader". Another couple was left behind while on our way out of town. Now granted we did wait for a fair amount of time...however they made contact with Caroline within 2 blocks of our leaving the hotel and she declined turning around to get them. Caroline lacked basic interest in her group and showed limited interest the tour. I thought it was a shame she never ate with the group or interacted. She failed to point out major nearby attractions that otherwise seemed would have been on every tour guide's radar. The trip itself was a bit rapid. It's difficult to tell from the itinerary just how little time you will be spending in cities. For example, four hours in Oslo is ridiculous. We did not even see Lillehammer at all. Hotel locations related to the train in such cities could be better described. It would have also been helpful to know we could have taken a 3 minute, $4 train ride to our first hotel in Copenhagen from the airport, rather we ended up on a 10 minute, $18 cab ride. Most disappointing is that all of this has been outlined in email to Tourradar prior to my writing this review (I waited to write), but beyond the canned "we'll look in to it", nothing was addressed. Hotels and included breakfast was nice Bus was modest, but comfortable Of course, the cities we visited were beautiful and full of lifeShow detailed ratings
- MKMargaretWritten on September 18, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was a superb way to see three countries within 12 days. Although some bus trip days were very long, it was worth it to see the countryside. I really enjoyed this tour!Show detailed ratings
- DODavidWritten on September 2, 20185.0 - Excellent3rf trip with ex pat - great experience once againShow detailed ratings
- EUELEONORAWritten on August 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentWell organised tour. We had a great guide.Show detailed ratings
- LisaWritten on August 28, 20184.0 - GoodI'm not sure how I only put a one in overall, please make it a 5! I was unable to get back to that to change .It was a great tour, but the long drives were tiring and it would have been nice to have had maybe some entertainment games during the drives. I do appreciate all that we saw and realize to see all that required all the driving. The hotel in falun and the hotel in Fredericksburg were particularly nice, but all were good. thank you for all of this. We will not forget our wonderful trip.Show detailed ratings
- DODavidWritten on August 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was my 3rd tour with Ex-Pat, and much like the others it was excellent - well organized, professional, fun, informative, and filled with great memories. I would recommend this company to anyone considering a group tour. Dave Owen, Windsor, CanadaShow detailed ratings
- RRayao28gmailcomWritten on August 26, 20183.0 - AverageThe driver was the best of the whole trip. The included meals were the worst, both the quality and the service. The rest was commeci commeca, nothing to write home about. Would we take it again? Depends on how much is the discount.Show detailed ratings
- DHDelilahWritten on August 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour . Shabby our tour leader & guide was so approachable , made our daily activities jolly & interesting . Our driver Bjorn was an amazing , very good driver , kept us all safe with all travels . Enjoyed the 12 days Scandinavian tour very much .Show detailed ratings
- NikkiWritten on August 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad a FAB time, loved seeing all 3 countries!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Copenhagen
- Day 2: Copenhagen - Free day
- Day 3: Odense - Skagen - Frederikshavn
- Day 4: Frederikshavn - Oslo
- Day 5: Oslo - Bergen
- Day 6: Bergen - Free day
- Day 7: Norwegian Fjords - Lillehammer
- Day 8: Lillehammer - Dalarna area
- Day 9: Dalarna - Uppsala - Stockholm
- Day 10: Stockholm - Free day
- Day 11: Stockholm - Copenhagen
- Day 12: End of tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes around 10 am after breakfast at Park Inn Copenhagen Airport on the last day of the tour. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrival day so you can arrive at any time you wish however you will be able to check in to the starting hotel between 2pm and 5pm which is generally the Park Inn Copenhagen Airport (subject to change until your final documents are released).
In the evening you will have the option of meeting up with your tour guide and fellow travellers to enjoy an included dinner.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are available for this tour at an additional cost, however, they are on request basis only. Please contact our customer support team to check availability or to arrange this once you have a confirmed booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Bernardette, 59 years old15th September 2018
Scandinavian Escape - 12 Days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- MondayApr 22, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayMay 3, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$665$2,690-25%USD $2,025
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to Copenhagen0 seats leftUSD $2,690Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$715$2,690-27%USD $1,975
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Copenhagen0 seats leftUSD $2,690Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$715$2,690-27%USD $1,975
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$715$2,690-27%USD $1,975
- MondayJul 15, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayJul 26, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$715$2,690-27%USD $1,975
- MondayJul 29, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayAug 9, 2019to CopenhagenUSD $2,690
- MondayAug 12, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridayAug 23, 2019to Copenhagen10+ seats left$715$2,690-27%USD $1,975
- MondayAug 26, 2019from Copenhagen12 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to CopenhagenUSD $2,690
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KroneDenmark and Norway
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Copenhagen.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $1,820 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1820 for Scandinavian Escape - 12 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 140 km
- Odense (Denmark)
- 258 km
- Skagen (Denmark)
- 32 km
- Frederickshavn (Denmark)
- 275 km
- Oslo (Norway)
- 305 km
- Bergen (Norway)
- 111 km
- Flam (Norway)
- 183 km
- Lillehammer (Norway)
- 464 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 490 km
- Helsingor (Denmark)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,820 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 19 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scandinavian Escape - 12 Days