South Island Snow Safari
- Our saving
- US $ 1,150
- +3 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- See the spectacular beauty of the South Island
- Seek adrenaline pumping black diamond runs
- Hone your skills on slopes for all experience levels
- Enjoy the driest and lightest powder at Mt Hutt
- Find lengthy off-piste runs in The Remarkables
- Opt to heli-ski in adrenaline capital Queenstown
- Age range
- 18 to 60 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Ski, Snowboard & Snow, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- DerekWritten on September 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentAwesome week snowboarding with a great crew!Show detailed ratings
- CWChenWritten on August 28, 20184.0 - GoodGreat Tour! Visited all the major ski resorts with a great group of like minded people!Show detailed ratings
- JDJennaWritten on August 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour and great guide with exceptional driving skillsShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Jenna! Thank you very much for your kind words! We're so glad to hear that you had a great time on tour, please do let us know if you plan to come back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board with us again! Cheers, Tianna - Tour Advisor
- DDreWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved our time snowboarding in New Zealand's South Island! Our group was mostly from Australia and had a mix of ability levels. The itinerary is fast-paced in the best way - we conquered 6 different ski fields in 7 days! The tour visited a mix of bigger and busier resorts (like The Remarkables and Mt Hutt) and smaller resorts with a club feel (like Ohau). Our guide, Chris, had great information about where to ski on each mountain according to your skill level and also talked to us about Maori culture. He went out of his way to get our group some Haka-branded Buffs which are the perfect souvenir from this trip! We loved the variety of the tour and extra stops like Tekapo Hot Springs and a day-off to rest our legs in Queenstown. Would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to experience as much skiing as possible in New Zealand's South Island!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Dre! Thank you so much for your lovely message and kind feedback, we really appreciate it! Please do let us know if you plan on coming back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board one of our Adventure tours or another Snow tour! Either way thanks again for your review, it means a lot to us! Cheers, Tianna - Tour Advisor
- AMAARONWritten on September 27, 20174.0 - GoodVery friendly and knowledgeable. Went put of his way to make sure we enjoyed the tour as much as possibleShow detailed ratings
- JTJessicaWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic experience with Haka Tours and Burto was a top notch guide, we all had a great time!!Show detailed ratings
- SHShonaghWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have been on the snow tour with burto twice and both trips have been amazing! He makes a point of taking the group on family runs to include everyone and works to improve your ability. He also comes out with the tour group in the evenings which is going above and beyond his requirements as a tour guide and really makes a difference to the trip. He makes everyone feel comfortable and confident in the group so you leave as a group of friends rather than people that have done a tour together. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him as a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- LLiamWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentHaka Tours are spot on when it comes to making your trip as easy and enjoyable as possible.Show detailed ratings
- JCJasonWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentBurto is a top bloke and his tour was the best!Show detailed ratings
- DMDeanWritten on September 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentA very knowledge easy going guide. Nothing was ever a problem. Very personal service.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Christchurch to Tekapo | Mount Hutt
- Day 2 Tekapo to Wanaka | Ohau
- Day 3 Wanaka | Treble Cone
- Day 4 Wanaka to Queenstown | Cardrona
- Day 5 Queenstown
- Day 6 Queenstown | The Remarkables
- Day 7 Queenstown | Coronet Peak
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
If there's no snow, what is the cancellation policy?
There are quite a few different mountains you can go to while on tour, so we will definitely find you snow and best conditions each day. If for some reason while you are on tour the mountain conditions are not favourable and we can not find an alternative for that day, you will get a refund for the lift pass for that day.
I'd like to stay an extra night in Queenstown instead of returning to Christchurch is that possible?
You can definitely choose to stay in Queenstown for the night after your tour instead of heading back to Christchurch. The accommodation is at Haka Lodge Queenstown, if you would like us to book a night of post tour accommodation there after your tour please let us know. This can be booked directly
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
South Island Snow Safari
- Upcoming departures
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- WednesdayJul 3, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysTuesdayJul 9, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- WednesdayJul 17, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysTuesdayJul 23, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- WednesdayJul 31, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysTuesdayAug 6, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- WednesdayAug 14, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysTuesdayAug 20, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
- WednesdayAug 28, 2019from Christchurch7 DaysTuesdaySep 3, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$36USD $1,150
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $80 to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 December 2018 the full payment of $1,150 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1150 for South Island Snow Safari, but the deposit of $80 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 90 km
- Mount Hutt (New Zealand)
- 158 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 130 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 358 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,150 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 972 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 70 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for South Island Snow Safari via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on South Island Snow Safari