South Island Snow Safari
- Our saving
- US $ 1,086
- +3 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Enjoy the driest powder at Mt Hutt
- Explore remote snow terrain of Oahu
- Venture the snowscape at Treble Cone
- Hit the slopes at Cardrona
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- AMAARONWritten on September 27, 20174.0 - GoodVery friendly and knowledgeable. Went put of his way to make sure we enjoyed the tour as much as possibleShow detailed ratings
- JTJessicaWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic experience with Haka Tours and Burto was a top notch guide, we all had a great time!!Show detailed ratings
- SHShonaghWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have been on the snow tour with burto twice and both trips have been amazing! He makes a point of taking the group on family runs to include everyone and works to improve your ability. He also comes out with the tour group in the evenings which is going above and beyond his requirements as a tour guide and really makes a difference to the trip. He makes everyone feel comfortable and confident in the group so you leave as a group of friends rather than people that have done a tour together. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him as a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- JCJasonWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentBurto is a top bloke and his tour was the best!Show detailed ratings
- DMDeanWritten on September 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentA very knowledge easy going guide. Nothing was ever a problem. Very personal service.Show detailed ratings
- SSharonWritten on September 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was my first time travelling solo overseas and joining this tour was one of the best things I've done for myself! It's in my nature to ask a billion questions and research the sh*t out of something before I jump into it, and the team at Haka Tours were incredibly helpful in answering all of my questions. All I needed to sort out were my flights - the rest was taken care of by Haka Tours. My group were a bunch of legends, led by an awesome tour manager, Chris, who was super organised and professional, yet friendly and funny. As for the actual tour, travelling around the South Island from ski resort to ski resort and taking in the stunning scenery was truly a great experience. Getting the opportunity to snowboard on 6 different mountains with new-found friends was even better. And as a first-timer staying in hostels, I was quite impressed with the accommodation, and was completely comfortable. If you're fine with early morning starts to get up the mountains for first runs, then I highly recommend this tour. I'm not a morning person at all, but this was all worth it for me. LOVED IT!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewSharon, we're so happy you had a great Snow Safari! (Even if we made you get up early, hehe). Thanks heaps for taking the time to let us know, hope you can come back to NZ again soon! Cheers - Maz
- APAidanWritten on September 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour which exceeded all expectations. Arguably the best week of my life meeting fantastic people and travelling through the South Island of New Zealand. A real adventure and would do it again in a heartbeat.Show detailed ratings
- CClintWritten on September 24, 20154.0 - GoodIncredible experience, Burto was an amazing guide who went above and beyond for the whole group, would definitely go back again and recommend haka tours for anybody wanting a great tourShow detailed ratings
- JJaclynWritten on September 17, 20154.5 - ExcellentAMAZING! INSPIRING! BREATHTAKING! Snowboarding in New Zealand was really something magical, the views are beautiful, the runs are varied and really well kept. Ohau, Treble Cone and Cardrona were my personal favourite snow fields. The whole tour was incredible, our guide was more like a good friend, really giving a personal tour of the South Island, stopping to let us take pictures, and taking us to his favourite fish and chip shop, Hygi was a truly awesome guide and person. When the plane lost my luggage he rang everyday for a week to see where it was, to help find it and hopefully get it delivered to where we were going next. Then when i had a suspected fracture on my first day he was calm, and collected, no one missed out on anything, i went to get some x-rays and a cast then was picked up and we continued on with the tour. Hygi and our tour group were a mixed bunch of all ages and personality types that came together for a sense of adventure and a love of snowboarding/skiing. They really inspired and helped me on my first holiday by myself, out of Australia. The people in our group were really special, we bonded and shared experiences, had some awesome nights out and shared an incredible snow sports adventure together. To sum the tour up it was heaps of fun, really really well organised, personal, i saw and did some incredible things, awesome snowboarding, also breakfast was included!!Show detailed ratings
- MBmikeWritten on September 14, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis was a really excellent tour. Great way to see the south Island and 6 different ski resorts. Haka Touts (NIc) did an excellent job with all the arrangements, including helping me with add ons at the end of the tour, and renting special skis for me. Hygi was great to work with, knowledgable, efficient, and a good driver too. I definitely recommedn this tour.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Christchurch to Mt Hutt
- Day 2 Ohau
- Day 3 Treble Cone
- Day 4 Cardrona
- Day 5 Queenstown
- Day 6 Coronet Peak
- Day 7 The Remarkables to Christchurch
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 1, 2016
If there's no snow, what is the cancellation policy?
There are quite a few different mountains you can go to while on tour, so we will definitely find you snow and best conditions each day. If for some reason while you are on tour the mountain conditions are not favourable and we can not find an alternative for that day, you will get a refund for the lift pass for that day.
- June 1, 2016
I'd like to stay an extra night in Queenstown instead of returning to Christchurch is that possible?
You can definitely choose to stay in Queenstown for the night after your tour instead of heading back to Christchurch. The accommodation is at Haka Lodge Queenstown, if you would like us to book a night of post tour accommodation there after your tour please let us know. This can be booked directly
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
South Island Snow Safari
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- ThursdayJul 5, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Christchurch6 seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJul 18, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysWednesdayAug 1, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Christchurch7 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$158$1,244-13%USD $1,086
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,086 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1086 for South Island Snow Safari, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 90 km
- Mount Hutt (New Zealand)
- 158 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 130 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 358 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,086 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for South Island Snow Safari via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on South Island Snow Safari