Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic
- US $ 1,561
- Whale watching
- Milford sound
- White water rafting
- Glow-worm walks
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Bicycle
- Travel style
- Adventure, Bicycle, Christmas & New Year
- Flying Kiwi
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
Start point Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand 14:30
- DAY 2: RANGITATA - LAKE TEKAPO
- DAY 3: LAKE TEKAPO - AORAKI NATIONAL PARK - MOERAKI
- DAY 4: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 5: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 6: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 7: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 8: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 9: QUEENSTOWN
End point Corner Shotover and Camp Street, The Station, Queenstown, Otago Region 9300, New Zealand 14:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CMConstanceWritten on November 3, 20184.0 - Good
New Zealand is the shining star of this trip. Stunningly beautiful. Chilly in late October but not over run by tourists at that time of spring either. There was a great variety of outdoor activities. Camp dinners were excellent.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great comments constance and so pleased you had a great trip
- IrinaWritten on April 5, 20185.0 - Excellent
The scenery is amazing. Not the usual tourist track which makes is more relaxing and quiet. Very very please overall!!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks Irina and exactly what we try and do - "beyond the tourist trail!" :)
- AAlyseWritten on January 7, 20183.0 - Average
Recently completed Southern Blast tour. Overall was good experience and enjoyed getting to know other travellers from all other world. Alot gets packed into the tour which is good but can be tiring on longer trips especially as you are camping all the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Alyse. We are sorry to see the trip wasnt a 5 star experience for you but we really value your comments. We would always love to have more time in each location but its a careful balance between seeing a lot and not rushing - our big trip is 28 days with a few multi day stop offs but i appreciate those arent relevant to the sector you were on - we are always looking to enhance this though and our new buses will help cut drive times even further. Great to hear you enjoyed the healthy home cooked food and we will continue to develop our lunch ranges. We will feedback your other comments and look into any improvements that can be made as all our guides take great pride and time to ensure that all passengers are settled in and get to know the group. If you ever head back we'd love to show you the rest of the country and ensure a 5 star experience.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this a very active tour?
Everything is optional and whether you would like to participate in a certain hike, optional activity (additional costs) or cycle ride (if you have hired a bike) it is up to you. This can be an active tour but you can also take it easy!
I'm a solo traveller, for camping, will I be sharing a tent?
This is an outdoor camping tour and included in the tour price is shared tent accommodation, 2 people per tent. If you are travelling alone you will be paired with someone of similar age and same gender. You can hire a single tent for the duration of the tour for an additional cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Benjamin5th August 2019
Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- FridayOct 25, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysMondayNov 11, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- TuesdayNov 12, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysWednesdayNov 20, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- ThursdayNov 21, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayNov 29, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- SaturdayNov 30, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- MondayDec 9, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysTuesdayDec 17, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- WednesdayDec 18, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysThursdayDec 26, 2019to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSaturdayJan 4, 2020to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- ThursdayJan 2, 2020from Christchurch9 DaysFridayJan 10, 2020to Queenstown4 seats leftUSD $1,561
- SundayJan 5, 2020from Christchurch9 DaysMondayJan 13, 2020to Queenstown0 seats leftUSD $1,561Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Christchurch is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 19 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 19 December 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Flying Kiwi. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Flying Kiwi. Please familiarise yourself with the Flying Kiwi payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 119 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Lake Tekapo (New Zealand)
- 43 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 191 km
- Moeraki (New Zealand)
- 64 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 223 km
- Te Anau (New Zealand)
- 84 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Fiordland National Park (New Zealand)
- 111 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,561 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,432 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 117 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic