Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic
- Our saving
- US $ 1,581
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Whale watching
- Milford sound
- White water rafting
- Glow-worm walks
- Age range
- 18 to 60 year olds
- Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Bicycle, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- CMConstanceWritten on November 3, 20184.0 - Good
New Zealand is the shining star of this trip. Stunningly beautiful. Chilly in late October but not over run by tourists at that time of spring either. There was a great variety of outdoor activities. Camp dinners were excellent.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great comments constance and so pleased you had a great trip
- IrinaWritten on April 5, 20185.0 - Excellent
The scenery is amazing. Not the usual tourist track which makes is more relaxing and quiet. Very very please overall!!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks Irina and exactly what we try and do - "beyond the tourist trail!" :)
- AAlyseWritten on January 7, 20183.0 - Average
Recently completed Southern Blast tour. Overall was good experience and enjoyed getting to know other travellers from all other world. Alot gets packed into the tour which is good but can be tiring on longer trips especially as you are camping all the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Alyse. We are sorry to see the trip wasnt a 5 star experience for you but we really value your comments. We would always love to have more time in each location but its a careful balance between seeing a lot and not rushing - our big trip is 28 days with a few multi day stop offs but i appreciate those arent relevant to the sector you were on - we are always looking to enhance this though and our new buses will help cut drive times even further. Great to hear you enjoyed the healthy home cooked food and we will continue to develop our lunch ranges. We will feedback your other comments and look into any improvements that can be made as all our guides take great pride and time to ensure that all passengers are settled in and get to know the group. If you ever head back we'd love to show you the rest of the country and ensure a 5 star experience.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: CHRISTCHURCH - RANGITATA
Start point Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand 14:30
- DAY 2: RANGITATA - LAKE PUKAKI
- DAY 3: LAKE PUKAKI - AORAKI NATIONAL PARK - MOERAKI
- DAY 4: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- DAY 5: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- DAY 6: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- DAY 7: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- DAY 8: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 9: QUEENSTOWN
End point Corner Shotover and Camp Street, The Station, Queenstown, Otago Region 9300, New Zealand 14:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is this a very active tour?
Everything is optional and whether you would like to participate in a certain hike, optional activity (additional costs) or cycle ride (if you have hired a bike) it is up to you. This can be an active tour but you can also take it easy!
I'm a solo traveller, for camping, will I be sharing a tent?
This is an outdoor camping tour and included in the tour price is shared tent accommodation, 2 people per tent. If you are travelling alone you will be paired with someone of similar age and same gender. You can hire a single tent for the duration of the tour for an additional cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Terence, 72 years old31st October 2018
Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to Queenstown0 seats left$79USD $1,581
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Queenstown0 seats left$79USD $1,581
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- MondayJan 14, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysTuesdayJan 22, 2019to Queenstown0 seats left$79USD $1,581
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysThursdayJan 31, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- FridayFeb 1, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysMondayFeb 18, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
- TuesdayFeb 19, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysWednesdayFeb 27, 2019to Queenstown4 seats left$79USD $1,581
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Christchurch is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Flying Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $1,581 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1581 for Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 119 km
- Rangitata (New Zealand)
- 96 km
- Lake Pukaki (New Zealand)
- 35 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 191 km
- Moeraki (New Zealand)
- 64 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 223 km
- Te Anau (New Zealand)
- 84 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Fiordland National Park (New Zealand)
- 111 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,581 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,051 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 75 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic