Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic
- Tour Operator:
- Flying Kiwi
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 65
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Mount Cook
- Fiordland National Park
- Milford Sound
- Te Anau
- Whale watching
- Milford sound
- White water rafting
- Glow-worm walks
- Day 1: CHRISTCHURCH - PEEL FOREST
- Day 2: PEEL FOREST - LAKE TEKAPO
- Day 3: LAKE TEKAPO - AORAKI NATIONAL PARK - MOERAKI
- Day 4: MOERAKI - DUNEDIN
- Day 5: DUNEDIN - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK
- Day 6: FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - MILFORD SOUND - TE ANAU
- Day 7: TE ANAU - QUEENSTOWN
- Day 8: QUEENSTOWN
- Day 9: QUEENSTOWN
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Flying Kiwi
Since 1988 Flying Kiwi has been recognised as New Zealand's leading adventure tour company. These unique tours focus on getting further off the beaten track - mixing stunning, remote locations with New Zealand's must see highlights. Every trip is carefully structured to provide a range of activity options. Choose from a combination of hiking, cycling and adventure activities everyday - no pressure to participate but plenty of choice for everyone. Tasty, healthy meals are included and rather than hostels we stay in tents or cabins by lakes, mountains and oceans - waking up to magnificent views everyday and getting away from the tourist crowds. Flying Kiwi is the only New Zealand company listed in National Geographic's "Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth" for their oustanding trips, customer service and sustainability and the World Travel Awards for the last 6 consecutive years.Read more
- Overall RatingGood
- MRMartin· March 11th, 2020It was a great trip but the previous rains prevented us from doing some activities that we were planning to do.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks so much for the 4 star review Martin. We are sorry you were a bit unlucky with the weather but great to hear you still had a great trip.Trip date: February 2020
- CMConstance· November 3rd, 2018New Zealand is the shining star of this trip. Stunningly beautiful. Chilly in late October but not over run by tourists at that time of spring either. There was a great variety of outdoor activities. Camp dinners were excellent.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great comments constance and so pleased you had a great tripTrip date: October 2018
- Irina· April 5th, 2018The scenery is amazing. Not the usual tourist track which makes is more relaxing and quiet. Very very please overall!!Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks Irina and exactly what we try and do - "beyond the tourist trail!" :)Trip date: March 2018
- AAlyse· January 7th, 2018Recently completed Southern Blast tour. Overall was good experience and enjoyed getting to know other travellers from all other world. Alot gets packed into the tour which is good but can be tiring on longer trips especially as you are camping all the... Show moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Alyse. We are sorry to see the trip wasnt a 5 star experience for you but we really value your comments. We would always love to have more time in each location but its a careful balance between seeing a lot and not rushing -... Show moreTrip date: December 2017
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Tuesday4 Apr, 2023Wednesday12 Apr, 2023English$1,646
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday23 Oct, 2023Tuesday31 Oct, 2023$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday8 Nov, 2023Thursday16 Nov, 2023$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday24 Nov, 2023Saturday2 Dec, 2023$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday22 Jan, 2024Tuesday30 Jan, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday7 Feb, 2024Thursday15 Feb, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday23 Feb, 2024Saturday2 Mar, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Mar, 2024Monday18 Mar, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday26 Mar, 2024Wednesday3 Apr, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday11 Apr, 2024Friday19 Apr, 2024$1,8110% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this a very active tour?
Everything is optional and whether you would like to participate in a certain hike, optional activity (additional costs) or cycle ride (if you have hired a bike) it is up to you. This can be an active tour but you can also take it easy!
- I'm a solo traveller, for camping, will I be sharing a tent?
This is an outdoor camping tour and included in the tour price is shared tent accommodation, 2 people per tent. If you are travelling alone you will be paired with someone of similar age and same gender. You can hire a single tent for the duration of the tour for an additional cost.
Good to Know
- New Zealand DollarNew Zealand
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type INew Zealand
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 29th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 29th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Flying Kiwi. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Flying Kiwi" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Flying Kiwi. Please familiarise yourself with the Flying Kiwi payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 2 Week New Zealand Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- New Zealand from Christchurch
- New zealand Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 9 days New zealand
- From Christchurch to Queenstown
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Southern Light from Christchurch - Top rated by National Geographic Tours in New Zealand
- Active Adventure Tours
- New Zealand South Island Tours
- New Zealand Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Bicycle Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- New Zealand South Island
- New Zealand tours