Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains
- Our saving
- US $ 1,042
- Stay in the village of Yagodina
- Visit the Devil's Throat Cave
- Explore the Yagodina Cave
- Discover the streets of Sofia
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Mountain Hikes, Wildlife, In-depth Cultural
- AnonymousWritten on September 6, 20135.0 - Excellent
This part of Bulgaria was very remote and it felt as if I had stepped back in time. Knowing that the food we were eating was grown or produced locally, including the delicious cheese and potato based dishes, jams and honey.What was the most inspirational... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on January 2, 20134.0 - Good
Lovely scenery at a relaxed pace. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The view from Saint Elijah and walking to the end of the overhanging platform. Also, the Yagodina Caves were great. Some very impressive stalagmites/stalactites. Shame... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on June 30, 20125.0 - Excellent
Phew what a hot week of walking. The temperature certainly made the walking a lot more difficult than anticipated but we still thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Rodopis. Our group was fantastic and we really seemed to get on well and have lots of fun.What... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on June 29, 20125.0 - Excellent
This trip was exactly what I expected and it definitely didn't disappoint. The walks were varied in terrain and landscape and the company excellent.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The moment at the top of Sveti Iliya when you could look... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on October 5, 20114.0 - Good
This was our 13th trip with Exodus and one of the most enjoyable. The walks were varied and leisurely and were easily altered to accommodate weather conditions. I was amazed at how well our friendly group of 16 gelled in just a few days.What was the most... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on July 19, 20113.0 - Average
Good walking but not too strenuous, interesting scenery and sightseeing .What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The devil’s throat Caves with stalactites and stalagmites.What did you think of your group leader?very attractive GirlGood company... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on August 26, 20095.0 - Excellent
A beautiful place & charming local people who made us very welcome. The walking is varied & for many, challenging but we were able to take the hard bits at our own pace.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Surviving some of the long... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on October 13, 20084.0 - Good
Overall an excellent trip, well described in the brochure, and met all of our expectations, other than the weather was not quite as warm (or dry) as we were expecting. The bird watchers had lots to look out for, but we were there mainly for the scenery and... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on July 21, 20084.0 - Good
We enjoyed the holiday tremendously. Having never been to Bulgaria, I did not know what to expect. The walking was challenging at times, but not scary! My waterproofs never came out of the rucksack (i.e. not needed). The hotels we stayed in were good and... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on May 27, 20085.0 - Excellent
Good walks, good hotel, good food for vegs...!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Very good guide,What did you think of your group leader?Very smart! Full of local knowleage, very helpful.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?A... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Sofia Airport; transfer to Yagodina.
- Day 2: Walk from Zmeitsa along route of ancient Roman road through meadows, forests and fields to the Buinovo Gorge.
- Day 3: Walk along the Chairska Gorge; cross the Trigrad Plateau and visit the Devil's Throat Cave.
- Day 4: Walk around Mt Durdaga through a variety of habitats with rich flora and fauna.
- Day 5: Traversing the highest peaks of the Rodopi along the Perelik Ridge and Mt. Golyam Snezhnik.
- Day 6: Sveti Ilia ridge walk with panoramic views over Yagodina and most of the Rodopi.
- Day 7: Buinovo Gorge and Devinska Reka. Transfer to Sofia.
- Day 8: End Sofia.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
If ever I can't meet with the group at the meeting place, how will I be able to join them?
The joining instructions for this tour are as follows:
The start point for this trip is difficult to reach on your own, as our hotel is approximately 3.5hrs drive from the airport and is impossible to reach by public transport. The only option would be to order a taxi to Hotel Yagodina from the Supertrans taxi booking stand in the airport arrivals hall. A taxi will cost approx 200 euro. The hotel is situated in the centre of village of Yagodina, please make staff aware that you are part of the Exodus group on arrival. With this in mind we strongly advise you to join the group at the airport in Sofia, please note that this must be arranged with our office in advance.
What are the inclusions on this trip?
Please find the list of inclusions as per the trip notes, below.
All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
All transport and listed activities
Tour leader throughout
Arrival & departure transfers
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$293$1,335-22%USD $1,042
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$293$1,335-22%USD $1,042
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$293$1,335-22%USD $1,042
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$295$1,365-22%USD $1,070
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 24, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$296$1,395-21%USD $1,099
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$295$1,365-22%USD $1,070
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$293$1,335-22%USD $1,042
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Sofia8 seats left$55USD $1,310
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJun 6, 2020to Sofia8 seats left$55USD $1,310
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJun 20, 2020to Sofia8 seats left$55USD $1,310
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 January 2019 the full payment of $1,042 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1042 for Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 138 km
- Borino (Bulgaria)
- 7 km
- Yagodina (Bulgaria)
- 9 km
- Zmeitsa (Bulgaria)
- 9 km
- Yagodina (Bulgaria)
- 145 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,042 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,456 tours in Europe
- covered by 270 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,433 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours