Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
- Stay in the village of Yagodina
- Visit the Devil's Throat Cave
- Explore the Yagodina Cave
- Discover the streets of Sofia
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Start Sofia Airport; transfer to Yagodina.
- Day 2: Walk from Zmeitsa along route of ancient Roman road through meadows, forests and fields to the Buinovo Gorge.
- Day 3: Walk along the Chairska Gorge; cross the Trigrad Plateau and visit the Devil's Throat Cave.
- Day 4: Walk around Mt Durdaga through a variety of habitats with rich flora and fauna.
- Day 5: Traversing the highest peaks of the Rodopi along the Perelik Ridge and Mt. Golyam Snezhnik.
- Day 6: Sveti Ilia ridge walk with panoramic views over Yagodina and most of the Rodopi.
- Day 7: Buinovo Gorge and Devinska Reka. Transfer to Sofia.
- Day 8: End Sofia.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AAnn Curran· September 6th, 2013This part of Bulgaria was very remote and it felt as if I had stepped back in time. Knowing that the food we were eating was grown or produced locally, including the delicious cheese and potato based dishes, jams and honey.What was the most... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMalcolm Tone· January 2nd, 2013Lovely scenery at a relaxed pace. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The view from Saint Elijah and walking to the end of the overhanging platform. Also, the Yagodina Caves were great. Some very impressive stalagmites/stalactites. Shame... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALynda Cork· June 30th, 2012Phew what a hot week of walking. The temperature certainly made the walking a lot more difficult than anticipated but we still thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Rodopis. Our group was fantastic and we really seemed to get on well and have lots of... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AElizabeth Burt· June 29th, 2012This trip was exactly what I expected and it definitely didn't disappoint. The walks were varied in terrain and landscape and the company excellent.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The moment at the top of Sveti Iliya when you could... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJanina Carlisle· October 5th, 2011This was our 13th trip with Exodus and one of the most enjoyable. The walks were varied and leisurely and were easily altered to accommodate weather conditions. I was amazed at how well our friendly group of 16 gelled in just a few days.What was the... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AStephen Woolfson· July 19th, 2011Good walking but not too strenuous, interesting scenery and sightseeing .What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The devil’s throat Caves with stalactites and stalagmites.What did you think of your group leader?very attractive GirlGood... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACarolyn Browning· August 26th, 2009A beautiful place & charming local people who made us very welcome. The walking is varied & for many, challenging but we were able to take the hard bits at our own pace.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Surviving some of the long... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARichard Ash· October 13th, 2008Overall an excellent trip, well described in the brochure, and met all of our expectations, other than the weather was not quite as warm (or dry) as we were expecting. The bird watchers had lots to look out for, but we were there mainly for the scenery... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AEllen Holmes-van Caspel· July 21st, 2008We enjoyed the holiday tremendously. Having never been to Bulgaria, I did not know what to expect. The walking was challenging at times, but not scary! My waterproofs never came out of the rucksack (i.e. not needed). The hotels we stayed in were good... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- APravin Patel· May 27th, 2008Good walks, good hotel, good food for vegs...!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Very good guide,What did you think of your group leader?Very smart! Full of local knowleage, very helpful.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?A... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday7 Aug, 2021EnglishSaturday14 Aug, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday4 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday11 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday14 May, 2022EnglishSaturday21 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday28 May, 2022EnglishSaturday4 Jun, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday11 Jun, 2022EnglishSaturday18 Jun, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday2 Jul, 2022EnglishSaturday9 Jul, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday16 Jul, 2022EnglishSaturday23 Jul, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 Aug, 2022EnglishSaturday13 Aug, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday3 Sep, 2022EnglishSaturday10 Sep, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,6790% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- If ever I can't meet with the group at the meeting place, how will I be able to join them?
- What are the inclusions on this trip?
- Is the airfare included on this trip?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Bulgaria
- Best 3 Weeks Europe Itineraries 2021 (with Reviews)
- Best Two-Week Europe Itineraries: Where should you go
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Bulgaria from Sofia
- Bulgaria Hiking & Trekking
- 8 days Bulgaria
- Operators in Europe
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Rhodope Mountains tours
- Bulgaria tours
- Europe tours
- Rhodope Mountains