Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains
- Our saving
- US $ 660
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Karina "To Whom It May Concern, I just completed your Pirin to Rila trip today and I couldn’t even wait until I arrived home to tell you how impressed I was with your company. I have visited many countries with various companies but never experienced anything as incredible as what i did with your company. The itinerary was perfectly thought out and each day surpassed the one before. I loved the fact that ..."
- +12 Destinations
- Rhodope Mountains
Start and end in Sofia! With the hiking & trekking tour Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Sofia, Bulgaria and 11 other destinations in Bulgaria. Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Rather Poor
- PGPeterWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy first trek of its kind in Europe and I had the time of my life for the whole 6 days. Kamen our guide was great! His friendly disposition and knowledge of his country along with his stamina made each day very enjoyable and challenging. The hotels we stayed at were all really nice and the food delicious! The trip was so very well organised and I can only recommend Traventuria highly. It is my pleasure to write this review – Bulgaria is one very beautiful country for sure! Thank you Ivailo and all at Traventuria.Show detailed ratings
- TSTomWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom our first contact with Ivailo in Dec 2014 to our drop off on 5th September everything about the organisation of this walking trip was perfect. Prompt responses to email queries etc left us confident that we were in good hands.Our collection by Alex, (what a superb guide) was on time,and the trip to Bansko was full of infomation, and left us fully prepared for the journeys ahead.There were 4 of us including Alex. 6 days walking in the wonderful Pirin and Rila mountains, was really amazing. These mountains have to be seen to be believed. Our evening meals in local restaraunts and houses showed us all that is good with Bugarian cuisine and culture. We will be returning. Thanks to Ivailo and Traventuria for organising this trip, and a special thanks to Alex our guide and Charley our travelling companion for making this adventure so enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- DBDebbyWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy daughter and I booked the Pirin and Rila mountains guided tour A well organized and well thought of ,a great friendly good English speaking local guide - Lyuben Grancharov , 11 charming hikers from all over the world: Australia, Sweden, Israel, UK and Italy. It was a week to remember. Not to mention the Bulgarian food and drinks, the culture. The contact person Ivailo from Traventuria was very helpful at the early contact stage in Emails - every bit of the program was fulfilled. I highly recommend Traventuria,those guys are professionals.Show detailed ratings
- ALAverilWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe engaged Traventuria to do a private tour for 6 of us. It was a week's hiking in the Pirin and Rila mountains. We had a fabulous time. Our guide, Maya, was informative and lovely. We stayed in three little hotels along the way. They were comfortable and the food was consistently good. We also sampled some good restaurants along the way so we had plenty of variety. This trip was similar to those offered by the big adventure travel firms but at half the price. Amazing value for money. The Bulgarian mountains are beautiful, similar to the Alps. I would definitely recommend the mountains in Bulgaria with Traventuria - go before the crowds discover it!Show detailed ratings
- CFChristineWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy partner and I did the peaks and lakes of the Pirin and Rila mountains with Traventuria. It was an incredible experience which was well organised by the company. From the moment I showed interest, Traventuria made every effort possible to help out and book the tour that was right for us. We scored Alex Serafimov as our guide! he was excellent, had incredible local knowledge and was overall a cool guy! The food was great, the transfers seamless and the mountains remarkable! would definitely recommend using Traventuria and asking for Alex!! :-)Show detailed ratings
- RSRobertWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have just completed the Pirin Rila Traventuria hike from 29 July to 5 August. My guide was Mitko. The hike was sensational. The mountains were spectacular, forests were enchanting. Every day something new without it being too much. Mitko the guide challenged us, made us laugh, taught us about Bulgarian history and culture and is passionate about exploring and respecting the environment. He has given me a lifelong passion for hiking!Show detailed ratings
- CFChristineWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe service provided by Traventuria was professional from collection in Sofia to drop off in Sofia at the end. The treks were excellent, challenging and offering stunning scenery. The hotels used as bases in the Pirin and Rilas mountains were perfect. The guide, Mitko, was endlessly enthusiastic and guided the group with a high level of professionalism and skill. He was highly informative on every aspect of the mountains, the regional geography, the history, the religious structures visited, the produce, cooking, music of each area. He went to great lengths to cater for the needs of individual I would be very happy and excited to join Traventuria in future for other activitiesShow detailed ratings
- TPThomasWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentAt the end of August, my son went on a guided hike of the Rila and Pirin mountains in Bulgaria with Traventuria Ltd. Here is an account of the tour from his perspective: Tour guide: Alexander Serafimov (Alex). Alex was an absolutely fantastic tour guide. He was knowledgeable about the mountains both in terms of flora and fauna. His English was immaculate (first language Bulgarian) but he also proved his multi-lingual abilities plenty of times on the tour! Overall, the best tour guide I have ever had. The tour at a glance: the tour went through both the Rila and Pirin mountain ranges, of which I completed 3 of the main peaks (Polizhan, Musala and Vihren) as well as the beautiful 7 Rila Lakes. We were a small group (6 individuals, all English speaking). It was without doubt the most enthralling journey each day, with the scenery changing ever so often. Lush forests, rocky mountains and sharp faces met us each day. Also note, that this particular hike is challenging and requires a great deal of fitness. In total, the tour lasted 7 days. Extras: There were many extras that were thrown in that we did not even know we would be getting! 1. Guided tour through Bansko and Sofia with Alex, again very knowledgeable especially about the history of these places. 2. Almost every night we had dinner at a different restaurant and one night we had a traditional Bulgarian experience where we sang and danced through the streets of a small village! The restaurant decision is left in the hands of the tour guide by Traventuria and Alex did a great job of picking the best and most diverse places. 3. Cable cars, chair lifts, transfers all included without extra charge. 4. A goodie bag at the start of the tour. Importantly, none of these things came at any extra cost. Overall: Traventuria was extremely well organised from the start. Alex was a star of a guide. The trek through the mountains was breathtaking. A must for any trekking enthusiast.Show detailed ratings
- KJKarinaWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentDidn't expect such an adventure when booking the tour with Traventuria! Breathtaking sceneries, smooth transfers, very good accommodations and excellent meals throughout. Our guide... what to say :-)? He was brilliant. Young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and really keen to show us some of the most scenic trails and detours, which the highest Bulgarian mountains can offer within a week. This tour is perfectly designed. It allows you to skip a certain day if you feel bad (without making troubles for the rest group members) or if the weather conditions are severe the guide can change the program on spot. Also we liked the fact that we were able to hike only using a daypack, without the burden of carrying heavier rucksacks as it would be the case if we needed to stay overnight in mountain huts. We met another group (booked through a major UK wholesaler) with two clients struggling a lot already. They had to reach a mountain hut that day and without a backup plan I can only assume how this venture ended for them. No matter what, they had to reach that hut, and do the whole trek also on the next day.... This case only showed us how well thought our program was, especially when it comes to combining foreign customers from different origin and on different level of preparation. I would like to say that this holiday was definitely one of the best I have ever done. Traventuria did great!Show detailed ratings
- KJKarinaWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentTo Whom It May Concern, I just completed your Pirin to Rila trip today and I couldn’t even wait until I arrived home to tell you how impressed I was with your company. I have visited many countries with various companies but never experienced anything as incredible as what i did with your company. The itinerary was perfectly thought out and each day surpassed the one before. I loved the fact that the group was small. It added a real personal touch and made me feel like I was trekking with family. As for our guide, I cannot say enough great things about Alex. He is an amazing ambassador for your country. He was incredibly knowledgeable, charismatic, thoughtful, helpful and always went above and beyond the calls of duty to make sure everyone was happy. Nothing was ever a problem for him to do and he always did everything with a smile. He is obviously passionate about his work. I really cannot thank you enough for giving me the most incredible memories of your beautiful country. I am leaving Bulgaria with a heavy heart but I am sure that I will return in the future. From the bottom of my heart thank you for this inspiring experience. I wish you every success for the future. Go raibh mile maith agat.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1:
- Day 2:
- Day 3:
- Day 4:
- Day 5:
- Day 6:
- Day 7:
- Day 8:
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 10, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayAug 10, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$20USD $660
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Traventuria booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $660 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $660 for Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Traventuria will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Traventuria tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 295 km.
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 96 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 12 km
- Hizha Bezbog (Bulgaria)
- 8 km
- Pirin National Park (Bulgaria)
- 4 km
- Mt Vihren (Bulgaria)
- 46 km
- Rila (Bulgaria)
- 20 km
- Panichishte (Bulgaria)
- 7 km
- Seven Rila Lakes (Bulgaria)
- 5 km
- Malyovitsa (Bulgaria)
- 14 km
- Govedartsi (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $660 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Peaks & Lakes of the Pirin and Rila Mountains