Europe New Year Taster - 7 days
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
- Enjoy Boulevard de Clichy's nightlife
- Explore the Tuileries Gardens
- Travel through the Swiss Alps
- Rather Poor
- IgnianaWritten on January 8, 20182.0 - Rather poorwell, it was a "taster" on right, but the one that leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth! I truly don't know when/ how to begin to say how disappointed I am! I'll start will the "tour leader" Emma -who from the first minute we met wanted to let us know clearly that she's not a "guide" but a "tour leader", and by the way , for that we had to tip her 4-5 euros/ per day/ per person! and she did her best to literally remind us every single day of the tour! she even provided us with envelopes at the end of the tour (well, actually before bruges -i guess she needed the money to spend on chocolate!...) and also with a review card that we had to fill in (although the trip wasn't over yet and we had to review Brugge that we didn't get to visit yet...) I'm not against tips but I founded her manner very pushy, rude and unprofessional! I usually tip when people deserve -but wasn't the case here.. "the tour leader" only cared to sell us the optional excursions and to remind us about the tips, not once asked us if everything was on right or help us in any way Just to be clear -i don't tip for "Wikipedia" boring info about the places, for not caring about your people, for rushed and wrongly timed stops, for misleading information (we were left at a Christmas market in Amsterdam - that we couldn't find -because it didn't exist!), the Rhine valley cruise -no idea where to get off, how long it will last, we were left on our own, to guess everything. also, we had to insist to receive change from a excursion we paid cash - another tip?? on the Jungrafrau trip -she practically left us with gustavo, another tour leader -luckly he was fun and professional and he did a good job! (you could learn a thing or two from him..) She didn't do anything extraordinary, didn't guide us in any way, I fell that we could have done this tour with the driver and Google maps/ Wikipedia! Apart from her unprofessional attitude this tour is very very rushed, you are a lot on the road, it's not well timed or organised and the most important -not at all value for money! Considering is not exactly cheap - the hotels are ok, a bit old and dirty but the food! omg -what a disaster! they say that most of the dinners are included (except of the free days) but what they don't tell you is that you get cold little food, with questionable quality and validity! the idea was to probably buy the cheapest thing and serve it to as many people as you can! all went to extreme on the Amsterdam "dinner" , burnt pizza, deep fried pepperoni ??! (see the pictures) - my partner got sick with food poisoning! my other friend got a small Caesar salad, when I say small I mean starter size for her main meal and she had to eat it with a tea spoon, as they didn't have any forks overpriced drinks, they would do anything just to make you pay a bit extra on every single thing! if you don't want to starve or get food poisoning, be prepared with seriously extra cash for this trip! All in all, a lot of places were wonderful and we got an idea of what/were we want to go back and revisit -but as I said not value for money, if you would hop on a city tour or go with your car and book the hotels in advance, probably you'll have a more relaxed and pleasant time! (at least you won't have somebody reminding you every day to not forget to tip)Show detailed ratings
- NMNievesWritten on January 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentBest Tour! Tour Leader was AWESOME! I had such a good time on this tour. Best 7 days of my life. Steve was so enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable and funny. He ensured our experience on the tour was a good one. He clearly loves what he does and that come across throughout the tour. It was nice to have an articulate tour leader who I could actually understand. The walking tour with Steve was simply amazing. He had stories and insights to the city and its quirky history that both amused me and made me think especially Amsterdam. Steve is very informative and gifted story teller. He's approachable and has the skills to interact with people every day and answer questions. The world needs more STEVEShow detailed ratings
- JJocelynWritten on January 5, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was so much better than we expected! Great value for money, plus great insight in to each country with Steves fun facts! Will definitely book againShow detailed ratings
- YCYvonneWritten on July 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the New Years Taste of Europe tour with Steve! He was super knowledgable about the history of each region we traveled through, he was charming and witty, the experiences we had were on point for each countries culture. He brought people on the coach from all different backgrounds together easily and quickly had us all feeling like one big family! I would most definitely do an Expat tour again!!! Great experience!!!Show detailed ratings
- ShaunWritten on January 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentWas so much better than expected! Tour leader was great, accom and food were great, tours great, everything! Will definitely go through them again!Show detailed ratings
- DelythWritten on January 7, 20154.0 - GoodThe tour felt a little rushed, with a lot of early starts, long travel days and not enough time at the locations to fit in many activities. I would consider a longer tour next time. Overall, good value for money though.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London - Paris
- Day 2: Paris - Free day
- Day 3: Burgundy - Swiss Alps
- Day 4: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 5: Rhine Valley
- Day 6: Amsterdam
- Day 7: Bruges - London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it possible to get 2 triple rooms and 1 twin or 2 quad rooms as we would prefer the kids not being in a room by themselves.
Kindly note that we can try to accommodate these requests, however we cannot confirm anything. Our operations department and our tour leaders will try their utmost best to try and accommodation the request, however in Paris and Amsterdam it may be a problem, but they can try to put the 4 rooms next to or adjacent to one another.
We would intend to leave the tour in Brugges and not travel back to London, is this permitted?
You can leave the tour at any time however this will not change the tour price.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Europe New Year Taster - 7 days
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from London7 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to London9 seats left$360$1,495-24%USD $1,135Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 October 2018 the full payment of $1,135 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1135 for Europe New Year Taster - 7 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 494 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 685 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 235 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,135 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe New Year Taster - 7 days