GIVE - Tanzania
- Our saving
- US $ 2,140
- Dar es Salaam
- Explore amazing beaches, cultures and wildlife
- Visit Junzani Monkey Forest
- Get a chance to see the BIG 5
- Implement and organize school projects
- Rather Poor
- JPJennaWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip with GIVE was life changing as cliché as that may sound at first. But it really did open my eyes to a new culture and other ways of life. I learned how people on the other side of the world spend their days and what it takes to maintain their lifestyle. GIVE is amazing at making sure this information isn't just thrown at its volunteers. It's a program based on genuine immersion and education through locations, stuff, communities, volunteer initiatives on sustainability and even adventure days. They also helped me learn how to take what I learned and apply it to my life here in the states. It's program that never stops and i love it. I've gone twice and I'm preparing for my third trip to Tanzania and even WILD!!!Show detailed ratings
- SASarahWritten on October 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip with GIVE to Tanzania was AMAZING!!! It was one of the best trips of my life and I highly recommend this trip for anyone. The guides were awesome and very helpful. My flight ended up getting delayed a lot making me miss the transportation with the rest of the group but they emailed me and got in contact with me anyway they could and arranged new transportation for us to the accommodations. The whole trip was very well organized and run well. I loved the balance of teaching English to the locals and working construction at the school. You were really able to get to interact with the locals and see how they live. There was also plenty of free time to explore the village and hangout with the locals and other volunteers. We were also able to do some tourist activities which made it interesting to see Zanzibar and Tanzania in both the tourist way and the service way. I also highly recommend doing the Kilimanjaro add on. The guides and porters were amazing and the experience was incredible. It seems very intimidating at first but it is very doable and completely worth it. I cannot put into words how amazing this trip was for me, it was truly life changing and I would do anything to be able to go back.Show detailed ratings
- SLSamanthaWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an amazing experience! My first time traveling abroad ever and I fell completely in love with the people and culture of Tanzania! I didn't want to leave! I have met so many lifelong friends on this trip! Went on so many adventures, like snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and a two-day safari! I highly recommend this trip or any trip with GIVE Volunteers! Tupo Pamoja!Show detailed ratings
- AZAnnaWritten on October 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentI recommend everyone go on this life changing trip! You will meet beautiful individuals, a wonderful community and make life-lasting friendships with both volunteers and locals. It was an incredible experince being welcomed so whole-heartedly by the GIVE team and the community within which we were volunteering! I truly did not know what it would be like, but I was welcomed with such heart and soul and kindness, and I can't wait to be back among these wonderful people, friends I've made forever, achieving grand things for these communities that so strongly need our help right now. This programme creates sustainability, whereby the community can go on independently, using the resources of their lands which GIVE helps them turn into productive means, once GIVE itself moves onto projects that need help just as direly. This is the perfect balance! Live to GIVE, and go on this adventure, because I can't describe how whole my heart felt in Tanzania - on Zanzibar among the locals; at our two incredible, humbling and heart-warming safaris, where we learnt about the animals and what the government is doing to prevent poaching; every night sharing good vibes and bonding and laughing and singing and dancing; climbing Mount Kilimanjaro past various layers of ecosystems and through three levels of clouds to emerge at the top, looking down on the brilliant world below. Go and fall in love with this place and its beautiful culture, nature and people.Show detailed ratings
- LELaurenWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy time in Tanzania was the most amazing, humbling and growing experience i have ever had. GIVE and all they stand for really shows you the world- what it means to be a global citizen, what it means to be sustainable, how to love yourself, eachother and strangers and how to live intentionally. My trip was not only educational but so much fun. there was a great mix of fun adventure activities, construction, teaching, relax time and community emerson. the opportunity to climb Kili was the best thing i could have picked to do- a once in a life time experience surrounded by my best friends from the 2 weeks prior. i love the community on zanzibar and the lifestyle there. the people of Kairo and of GIVE are some of the best humans in the world and you will leave with a full heart, a lifetime of memories and ideas that will change the world.Show detailed ratings
- GGabbyWritten on September 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentDefinitely one of the best trips I have ever done! Would definitely recommend GIVE Tanzania! Everyone in Kairo, Zanzibar was absolutely wonderful and welcoming, and all the guides were/are incredible people. Whether you're covered in cement at the worksite or teaching English to younger students or the Maasai, you'll have a wonderful time with GIVE. I also recommend doing the extension and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro! The hike is difficult, but definitely doable (and this is coming from someone who has never hiked anywhere near this much before). My recommendation for Kilimanjaro is listen to your guides, since they have done this hike countless times, and listen to your body. Pole, pole (slowly, slowly). GIVE also has locations in Thailand, Laos, and Nicaragua, which I would definitely recommend taking a look at as well! Asante sana to GIVE and everyone involved in this program!Show detailed ratings
- MBMiaWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy GIVE trip was everything I could have wished for and so much more. GIVE really does inspire people and care so much about the communities that they are in. They ask the locals what they need done, and train them to work alongside us every day. The locals are all so loving, caring, happy, and welcoming. There wasn't one time where I felt like a random stranger or out of place. Kairo is home, and I can't wait to be back.Show detailed ratings
- MKMackenzieWritten on September 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip was everything I had hoped for and more. It is pricey but worth every penny. GIVE respects the community that they work/ live in. They don't just go in and tell them what needs to be done, they ask what they can do to improve the community. Our tour guides were amazing. They treat you like a friend you have known your whole life. They want you to have an amazing experience so they work hard to do so. I felt safe and comfortable the whole time I was there. They have everything pre planned so nothing unexpected happens.Show detailed ratings
- RFRebeccaWritten on August 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went to Tanzania with GIVE a couple weeks ago and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Living and working in the village of Kairo for two weeks was beyond incredible. The people in the community are so welcoming and helpful and really want to get to know us as much as we want to get to know them. Coming into the trip I was a little worried at how good of a teacher I'd be in the english education classes, but after one morning of teaching, those worries were long gone. Our guide Sammie made it super comfortable and easy in the classrooms so we were able to take over and help teach the students. We worked with the Masai men which was really cool. They were all super motivated and excited to be there which just made it even more exciting for us to be with them too. Construction was also really fun and a bunch of the locals from Kairo helped us too which was great. Seeing them actively participate in bettering their community was really moving. I also climbed Kili which was so insane. Summiting the tallest freestanding mountain on earth was something I'll never forget, especially being able to do it with some of the greatest people I met through GIVE. Hiking and camping on Kili was so surreal. I'd occasionally just look up at the summit and start tearing up because of how excited I was to be doing it. I would absolutely recommend GIVE Tanzania as well as the Kilimanjaro add-on. One of the best experiences I've had so far.Show detailed ratings
- HPHollyWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentGIVE is something I recommend that anyone gets involved in if they have a desire to travel and experience life outside what they know. Also, it's good for people who want to travel but don't know where to start because GIVE plans all the activities and the only thing you have to worry about it embracing as much of it as you can. Highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Arrive in Tanzania:
- Day 2 - Travel to Zanzibar:
- Day 3-10 - Typical Day of Volunteering on Zanzibar:
- Day 11 - Depart Zanzibar Island for Mainland Tanzania:
- Day 12 - Culture Day:
- Day 13 - Safari Day:
- Day 14 - Safari Day 2:
- Day 15 - Say Your Goodbyes:
- GIVE -Tanzania
- GIVE - Kilimanjaro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
What are the inclusions for the tour package?
Included in the tour:
1. All accommodations within Tanzania, which have basic amenities and security
2. All group transportation within Tanzania
3. All meals throughout your stay (note country specific exceptions)
4. Drinking water 24/7
Not included in the tour:
1. Flights to and from Tanzania along with all other associated air taxes, ticket fees, and any country entry and departure taxes
2. Medical and Travel Insurance
3. Passport and Visa (specific to your host country)
- June 17, 2016
Does this tour include a visit to the Seregeti?
We currently do not offer tours in the Serengeti, however we do have an overnight Safari in Tarangire National Park.
- June 1, 2016
Just wondering if these tours include a visit to Seregeti?
We currently do not offer tours in the Serengeti, however we do have an overnight Safari in Tarangire National Park! Feel free to learn more about our Tanzania excursion on our website!
37 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Growth International Volunteer Excursions GIVE - Tanzania tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 5th May 20181 comment"Headed to Tanzania May 5th! Can't wait for what this trip has in store. "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
GIVE - Tanzania
- Upcoming departures
- December 2017
- January 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from Dar es SalaamTuesdayJan 9, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,1405 spaces left
- TuesdayJan 9, 2018from Dar es SalaamMondayJan 22, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,14010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Dar es SalaamFridayMay 18, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,14010+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from Dar es SalaamMondayMay 28, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,1400 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Dar es SalaamThursdayJun 7, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,1404 spaces left
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Dar es SalaamSundayJun 17, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,1409 spaces left
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Dar es SalaamWednesdayJun 27, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,14010+ spaces left
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Dar es SalaamSaturdayJul 7, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,14010+ spaces left
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Dar es SalaamTuesdayJul 17, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,14010+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Dar es SalaamFridayJul 27, 2018in ArushaOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,1409 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Dar es Salaam is the starting point and Arusha is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 January 2018 the full payment of $2,140 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2140 for GIVE - Tanzania , but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
- 71 km
- Zanzibar (Tanzania)
- 403 km
- Tarangire National Park (Tanzania)
- 76 km
- Lake Manyara (Tanzania)
- 103 km
- Arusha (Tanzania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,140 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,001 tours in Africa
- covered by 95 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Tanzania via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 37 travellers have already met
before they left for GIVE - Tanzania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 173 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Tanzania