Walking the Picos de Europa
- Our saving
- US $ 1,339
- Rather Poor
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on June 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The worst part of the tour was the weather which is something we can't control. The guides made the best of a less than ideal situation however. The hikes were moderate as rated, and we could often go at our own pace. The village of Los Cabrales is charming... Read more
- MariaWritten on May 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Pico's de Europa tour was amazing due to our two fantastic guides and the hotel staff who all were great, welcoming and going out if their way to make sure your experience was outstanding. We were lucky to have Nacho and a new guide Hairo join us in our... Read more
- Elaine StanleyWritten on November 7, 20135.0 - Excellent
The perfect mix of good walking companions, an excellent leader, fantastic scenery and a friendly hotel with excellent food. The walks were varied in length and pace and were well designed to take in the variety of scenery from deep gorges, spectacular... Read more
- Karen LawtonWritten on November 7, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fantastic week filled with great walking, beautiful views, great food and excellent company. The walking was strenuous enough to almost work off the wonderful food without being too full on. October seemed to be the perfect time of year for warm and... Read more
- Gordon McGowanWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a great holiday, made special by the great group leader and a lovely group of people.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Creeping up on the Gryphon vultures perched on top of a hill.What did you think of your group leader?The group... Read more
- Rachel FarrandWritten on September 23, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a brilliant trip, with amazing surroundings, a great group and an excellent leader. The inclusion of "options" worked well (i.e. additional peaks within a walk, which you could either climb or alternatively relax in the sunshine at a refuge or coll... Read more
- Robert WilliamsWritten on September 17, 20135.0 - Excellent
One of the best holidays I have ever been on....go do it now! What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I went on the Challenging itinerary and the views from the summits we reached were incredible. The walking was varied and well suited to... Read more
- Monica WesselingWritten on September 4, 20135.0 - Excellent
My holiday in de Picos de Europe has been the best I've had in the last ten years! Everything was perfect!Work has been miles away, thoughts were vanished. It is also always a pleasure to be among englisch.Go to the Picos! It's lovely. Greetings, Monica... Read more
- Jae BondWritten on July 15, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a really good trip, scenery, people and activities all great, but too short! It would work really well as a 10 day tripWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?gryphon vultures swooping over us as we walked up into the hills, waking up... Read more
- Elizabeth DudmanWritten on July 7, 20135.0 - Excellent
A wonderful week's walking, with lovely Alvaro, our fantastic local guide. Fantastic scenery, beautiful birds and flowers, lovely weather, good food and really lovely company - what could be better?What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Every... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Arenas de Cabrales.
- Day 2: Visit the Arenas de Cabrales valley; pastures of Vanu and spectacular views- Moderate departure (level 3)
- Day 3: Ascent to Pandescura peak with superb views of the Western Massif- Moderate departure (level 3)
- Day 4: Classic Cares Gorge walk, one of the most popular walks in Spain- Moderate departure (level 3)
- Day 5: Free day. Optional activities include caving, self-guided canoeing, canyoning or a trip to the coast- Moderate (level 3) & Challenging (level 5) departures
- Day 6: Summit of Peña Main, one of the classic viewpoints of the Picos; continue on to Pandebano Col- Moderate departure (level 3)
- Day 7: Walk up to the twin summits of Mancondiu offering fantastic views of the Central and Eastern Massifs- Moderate departure (level 3)
- Day 8: End Arenas de Cabrales.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
As a solo traveller, is it compulsory to take a single room?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
Is all of the accommodation and meals included in the cost?
7 breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 6 dinners All accommodation (see below) All transport and listed activities, Tour leader throughout are included in the cost.
What are the inclusions of this tour?
This tour includes:
7 breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 6 dinners, all accommodation, all transport and listed activities, plus a tour leader throughout.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Brooke26th October 2018
Walking the Picos de Europa
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$56USD $1,339
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$56USD $1,339
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Bilbao6 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Bilbao6 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Bilbao8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Bilbao8 seats left$59USD $1,416
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Bilbao.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 February 2019 the full payment of $1,339 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1339 for Walking the Picos de Europa, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bilbao (Spain)
- 153 km
- Arenas de Cabrales (Spain)
- 7 km
- Caraves (Spain)
- 14 km
- Canales (Spain)
- 11 km
- Cain (Spain)
- 12 km
- Arenas de Cabrales (Spain)
- 14 km
- Parque Nacional Picos de Europa (Spain)
- 158 km
- Bilbao (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,339 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,052 tours in Europe
- covered by 312 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Walking the Picos de Europa