Highlights of the Dolomites
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,358
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start and end in Venice! With the hiking & trekking tour Highlights of the Dolomites, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Venice, Italy and Moena. Highlights of the Dolomites includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
30 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on August 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentI loved this trip - perfect combination of brilliant leaders (Albert & Eric), superb hiking, spectacular scenery and great company. I chose this over the Classic Dolomites since I don't have a great head for heights but from what I saw and heard while I was there the Western Dolomites trip has the definite edge. One to put on your bucket list!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?360 degree views nearly all day every day. The Via Ferrata trip Eric offered on our (and in theory, his) day off - given my poor head for heights it says something for the confidence I had in him (and support from the rest of the group) that I decided to give it a go. I was really glad I did, we had a brilliant day. What did you think of your group leader?Albert & Eric were superb, can't praise or thank them enough. They were also wonderful company and a mine of information about the area and people. I can see myself choosing future trips on the basis of which ones they are leading!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Don't be put off by the sense from the website that this is the poor relation to the Classic Dolomites - it's anything but that! Quite the contrary I'd say. And don't decide on the basis of the comments about the hotel or food. Hotel Laurino was a really nice place to stay - it was great being in a town and being able to go for a stroll or drink in the evening, the rooms were lovely and impeccably clean, the staff were super and nothing was too much trouble. I agree with the reviews about the food - it's pretty average and a bit bland but the location, facilities and staff more than compensated. And there was buckets of food so it certainly wasn't a case of going hungry. Anyway save space for mid-morning and lunch at the refuges - they were fantastic.Is there anything else you would like to add?I would go back in the morning!
- AnonymousWritten on August 2, 20135.0 - ExcellentI really enjoyed this trip and I would say the highlight for me was the variety of scenery, not just over the course of the week but on each walking day! Stunning limestone towers and very Austrian style rolling meadows with the greatest profusion of alpine flowers I have ever seen each day. Both the leaders were very experienced and a good laugh too. Although some have stated the hotel was basic, I found it clean and comfortable and the food was certainly better than last years TMB highlights trip! Overall a very enjoyable holiday with a lovely group of people and I would thoroughly recommend it. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walking through the stunning limestome scenery close to the Vajolet towers. Just awesome!What did you think of your group leader?Very experienced and a nice bloke. I did find the pace a bit faster than I would have liked on some days (B grade walks too) but that was probably more due to my recovering from a knee injury unfortunately sustained not long before my holiday. If you are thinking of C grade you will need to be pretty fit.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go and enjoy yourself!Is there anything else you would like to add?Make sure you have lots of space on your camera's memory stick and don't let your fellow group members know if you have a passion for the local bakery and gelaterie!!
- AnonymousWritten on July 29, 20135.0 - ExcellentFantastic! This is a great walking week with stunning scenery, good food, nice hotel and 2 excellent tour leaders. A must do holiday for anyone who loves the mountains......it's walking at its best.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Too many to choose from!! Each walk was so different, and each day had its own highlight. The scenery is truly stunning throughout. What did you think of your group leader?They were both great. Eric lead the B group walks and Albert the C group. They were both full of fun and enthusiasm and made each day interesting. Don't think I've ever laughed so much on an Exodus walking holiday!! They were well organised, considerate for all individuals within the group, good company and knew the walks and mountains extremely well. Both very experienced mountain leaders.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take walking poles as lots of steep descents on C group walks and they definitely came in useful. A reasonable level of fitness is required as walks are challenging but incredibly rewarding.Is there anything else you would like to add?This really is a fabulous weeks walking, one of the best I have done. Don't understand why Exodus don't run it more frequently......they should do! I have only good things to say about it, so my advice is just book it, enjoy it and have fun.!! This is the ultimate Dolomites holiday.
- AnonymousWritten on July 24, 20135.0 - ExcellentI found this a very rewarding trip with some of the most excellent walking I have done on a group holiday. The leaders were top notch and made the whole experience very enjoyable, not to mention a lot of fun.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The view from the top of the cable car on the first walk set the scene for the whole holiday.Discussing the possibility of other trips with the leadersWhat did you think of your group leader?They were both excellentDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Just enjoyIs there anything else you would like to add?The walking was at the top end of the grade for this holiday which made the experience all the more satisfying, this together with a great group of people made it an unforgettable holiday.
- AnonymousWritten on July 24, 20135.0 - ExcellentWe chose this trip because we imagined that we could manage C grade walking but wanted the daily availability of the B grade in case we needed an 'easier' day. Having two leaders made this possible. All the walks exceeded our best expectations. Each one had a distinctive character of its own.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were many wonderful moments every day because the scenery was stunning and our fellow walkers were interesting, enthusiastic and had a good sense of humour, as did our leaders. By the end of the week we all felt a great sense of achievement.What did you think of your group leader?Our group leaders really did bring out the best in everybody. They were very knowledgeable, good company and always attentive to our needs.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take walking boots that have been tried and tested. Some might find a single mountain walking stick useful for descents.Is there anything else you would like to add?Go for it -you'll remember the experience with pleasure for years to come and it will inspire you to seek out more adventures!
- AnonymousWritten on July 23, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is a great week. The Val di Fassa is actually 5 valleys or areas - and with the benefit of the organisation of the guides and the weather allowing - you can experience a real variety of walking in only a week. On our trip we had pretty good weather so did some ridge walking, some walking around the huge limestone pillars looking out to other peaks, along balcony routes, through some great flower meadows/rock garden type places - and heading over some Cols with great surprising views and panoramas as the reward.What did you think of your group leader?The leaders were Eric and Albert.Â They modified the walks to ensure we best utilised the weather - so we did the high level walks on the sunniest days rather than risking losing the views.Â They both have a good sense of humour.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?There is a choice of menu every night - read the Italian as well as the English as sometimes the translation is a bit strange.Take small Euro denominations for the hutsProsecco was a good price at the hotel in MoenaIs there anything else you would like to add?Walking in the Western Dolomites sounds a bit of a vague title!Â For people looking at the Classic Dolomites trip or this Western trip it may not be easy to decide which to do.Â ThereÂ isÂ contrast between the trips in both scenery and local culture even though they are both 'Dolomites'.Â The scenery is stunningÂ for both trips - if I had to decide, IÂ preferred the walking and the scenery in theÂ Western Dolomites trip (Val di Fassa).Â In terms of local culture: the Classic DolomitesÂ has an Austrian feel - the dominant language is German and the food isÂ tends to beÂ moreÂ AustrianÂ - whereas the Western Dolomites is more typicalÂ Italian.Â The hotel on the Western trip is a bit more basic than the Classic tripÂ (which is sold as a premier trip and is of course more plush) - butÂ the Moena hotel isÂ still nice and comfy andÂ theÂ food is good (lots of it).Â They had a Ladin night when we were there - Ladin being the local valley food.Â Moena is a nice little place for a wander.On the Western dolomites trip they are running a B grade and a C grade every day so there is a flex if you were not sure which to do - and itÂ could beÂ handy if you were travelling with friends andÂ some people wanted a slightly different pace.Â Both the walking groups mix together in the evening and it's good to find out what the other group have been up to.Overall I'd really recommend theÂ WesternÂ DolomitesÂ trip.
- AnonymousWritten on July 13, 20134.0 - GoodWalking fantastic!!!! Hotel adequate.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The long walk on Thursday, the ridge at La Costela and looking at the views back across the valley floor that we had just traversed.Tramping through the fresh snow, in June, was an unexpected bonus.Â What did you think of your group leader?Both Eric and Albert were excellent group leaders. Â They are very experienced guides, which showed in their knowledge of the area. They were always prepared to do that little bit extra if needed. Â They were also responsive to the individual Â needs of everyone in the group.Is there anything else you would like to add?Hotel staff friendly and polite. Â The hotel was clean, room adquate but with very small shower.Some aspects of the catering could be improved e.g. boiling water for tea and coffee at breakfast.Evening meals were not as hot as they should be, but the waiter should be commended for his efforts.Wifi seemed to involve different servers for different floors so access was more complicated than it needed Â to be and signal strength/bandwidth seemed quited limited at times.However the fantastic walking made up for the short comings of the hotelÂ
- AnonymousWritten on October 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentFantastic location in a lovely small hotel with friendly staff and the best food I've ever had on an Exodus holiday. Walks are superb and the views stunningWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The scrambling sections were great fun and the views from the top of Piz Buie were second to none.What did you think of your group leader?Albert and Eric were excellent leaders and a great laugh. At the end of a walk when Albert's group claimed to have been charged by a bull Eric quipped "How much?" I nearly choked on my beer.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be aware of the very late arrival and departure times. Have a bottle of water with you when you arrive at Venice, the shops aned cafes will likely be shut.Is there anything else you would like to add?Do it and enjoy.
- AnonymousWritten on October 1, 20124.0 - GoodThis was a great holiday it was the first time I had gone on a guided walking holiday and my reservations about walking with people I didn't know and that they may walk a lot faster or slower soon disappeared as we were split up into two groups and the guides knowledge of the trip was very goodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The stunning scenery did it for me every day. The hotel food was great the staff at the hotel were very good the spa facilities were amazing!What did you think of your group leader?The group leader was fine very knowledgable polite listened when appropriateDo you have any advice for potential travellers?The flight times from Gatwivk to Venice were tenable to say the least it made for a poor end to an otherwise perfect holidayIs there anything else you would like to add?I'll certainly be choosing exuadus again
- AnonymousWritten on October 1, 20124.0 - GoodThis was a fabulous holiday; good accommodation, great food, well organised walks and fabulous scenery.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?On our free day Eric offered a Via Ferrata trip.Â Although the wether forecast was not great we took the risk of walking up to the first hut before we decided if it was safe to continue.Â A little wet and chillier than previous days, but no one was turned away by the less than desirable condiditons.Â Along the Via Ferrata the sleet and then the snow arrived.Â Despite the poor conditions we had a great day!Â The company was cheerful, Eric gave us all confidence and we all returned exhilarated.Â Every other day we had clear blue skies!What did you think of your group leader?Eric was a great leader.Â He remained good humoured at all times and quickly got to know the abilities of the members of the group.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The spa was a lovely treat at the end of each day.... dont forget to bring a bathing suit.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Campitello di Fassa.
- Day 2-4: We enjoy the first 3 of our five guided daywalks, at level 3 or 5.
- Day 5: Free day; explore the area or try some optional activities.
- Day 6-7: Two further guided daywalks.
- Day 8: End Campitello.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Highlights of the Dolomites
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Venice8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Venice8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Venice8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Venice8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Venice8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Venice8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Venice8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Venice8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Venice.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $1,358 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1358 for Highlights of the Dolomites, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 231 km.
- Venice (Italy)
- 116 km
- Moena (Italy)
- 116 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,358 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,997 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours