Cycle Morocco's Great South
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,541
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Descend into the beautiful views of Asni Valley
- Walk through colorful bazaars
- Taste traditional dishes
- Seize the amazing landscape of Morocco
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Bicycle, Adventure
Start in Marrakesh and end in London! With the bicycle tour Cycle Morocco's Great South, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Marrakesh, Morocco and 9 other destinations. Cycle Morocco's Great South is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
25 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on November 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis was my first ever group trip so i was nervous about almost every aspect of the whole event. Would anyone speak to me?, would I be the worse cyclist?, would the meal times be awkard?, would the accommodation live up to expectations? There was no need to worry!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?When on a 22Klm climb a few inspirational moments pass by. Was it the fox, the views, the hairpin bends, the quiet? Probably all of them and many more. But mainly it was simply being there and doing it.What did you think of your group leader?Our group leader was Andy. His passion for the location and his love of cycling helped to make him a great leader. He also was always ready to go that extra step to ensure that we all had plenty to do and nothing to worry about.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?There is plenty of advice about bringing torches, ear bungs, currency etc to be found on the site. However, none of this is of any use unless you actually GO. So the advice would simply be, if you're an OK cyclist, have a taste for a little adventure; just book it.Is there anything else you would like to add?There is a romantic appeal about Morocco that must come from old movies and story books. Much of this comes from the the city of Marrakech. However, all the locations we stopped at had their own charm, and all were worthy of a little more time there. My particular favourite was Essaouira - even though the ice-cream parlour had sold out.
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentA very enjoyable and challenging cycling trip with inspiring and varying landscapes and terrainWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cycling through almost traffic free roads with great views of the snow capped peaks of High Atlas mountains on the horizonWhat did you think of your group leader?Alejandro was an excellent leader Well organised, very friendly, knowledgeable and good humored.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you are fit enough otherwise you may find some of the climbs challenging, some might like to bring your own saddle or spd pedals . Don't use your rear brake when cornering on a sandy surface :-)Is there anything else you would like to add?If you are keen and fit cyclist want to ride with a nice group along quiet roads with some challenging climbs but equally exhilarating descents and wish to see some of the fantastic landscapes in Morocco, then you will certainly enjoy this trip
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great trip taking in some fantastic and ever changing scenery along largely very quiet roads. Not only do you get to experience the hustle and bustle of Marrakech's bazaars but you get to cycle the through towns and villages that few tourists ever see. A great leader and a great group. Jim (Exodus Sales Manager)
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great trip taking in some fantastic and ever changing scenery along largely very quiet roads. Not only do you get to experience the hustle and bustle of Marrakech's bazaars but you get to cycle the through towns and villages that few tourists ever see. A great leader and a great group. Jim (Exodus Sales Manager)What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?RidingWhat did you think of your group leader?A great leaderDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it!Is there anything else you would like to add?Nope!
- AnonymousWritten on March 1, 20134.0 - GoodWell thought out cycing with plenty of varietyWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The downhills ,the tree goats and the buzz of MarrakeshWhat did you think of your group leader?hard working and enthusiasticDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Book a couple of days in a Riad in Marrakesh at the endIs there anything else you would like to add?Would benfit ideally from a local guide. the gudes were from Argentina and Romania so did not get the local input of Morroco.Myself and 3 others had a viral infection which appeared to me, to be the Nora Virus.The tour leader also had it and was the first to get it. What if any policies do you have to deal with an infectious viral outbreak on a cycle holiday?My concerns were that the lunch provided included communal peanuts without hand wipes provided beforehand.Maybe this would not have made a difference but at least should have been thought about.As part of a larger tour group Exodus should have access to up to date information about dealing with an outbreak of Nora Virus or similar and hopefully this knowledge has been dissipated throughout the group.The holiday was a success depite illness but certainly if it can be avoided steps which can be done should be in place to avoid spred of viral illnesses.
- AnonymousWritten on February 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fantastic trip! The guides were excellent, a great bunch of people, food was great and the route was well chosen for fantastic views and a good mix of terrain. I would definitely go on another Exodus cycling tripWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The views of southern Morocco were breathtakingWhat did you think of your group leader?excellent. The leader was well informed, knew the route, told us exactly what to expect at each stage and even took some extra time to share some bike maintenance tips for my own bike
- AnonymousWritten on November 6, 20124.0 - GoodAmazing trip, great group, excellent guides & brilliant cycling. Loved Morocco and would definitely recommend to others.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Has to be Tizi N' Test, or more specifically, getting to the top of it and the awesome descent on the other side, but also just the scenery in general, and goats in trees!What did you think of your group leader?Richie was totally brilliant, organised everything with military precision without being too bossy, had all the cycling knowledge you could possibly imagine and was always encouraging to the whole group, not just the strongest cyclists. In addition went way above and beyond to make the trip as smooth and hassle-free as possible, and very creative(:~O) in helping to procure alcohol for those who like a nice beer after a hard day's cycling. Â Not an easy task in Morocco!Special mention also for the backup drivers, Said and Hassan, who were extremely helpful at all times, and Idir, the local guide who did part of the trip with us.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?1. Bring a torch.2. Get fit and/or get some good cycling practice on hills - it is a supported trip but the descents are so much more enjoyable if you've done the corresponding ascents.3. Be prepared for a lack of alcohol in places.4. Learn French! - Brush up on your GCSE French or at least learn a few words. Â Not completely essential but again you get more out of the trip that way.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?Agree with the other comments that the free day at the end should be in Essaouira - Marrakech was totally not worth spending time in and could just be an optional add-on for those who really want to see it. Â That and some long transfers between cycling are the only things stopping this review having 5 stars.
- AnonymousWritten on October 29, 20124.0 - GoodAn excellent trip with plenty of cycling and good company. Get it booked!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?My favourite days were cycling from Tafraoute and then the following day from Imouzzer. The scenery was just spectacular and at times, you felt like you had the whole valley to yourself.Â Ok I confess to enjoyingÂ the climb to Tizi'n'TestÂ as well!What did you think of your group leader?Richie was just great. There were safety checks and cycling tips.Â He was excellent at making sure the whole group were briefed about the day ahead. Thanks to Richie and the local guides, the whole trip ran extremely smoothly.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be prepared to be woken about 5ish each day by theÂ early morning call to prayer.Take long sleeves for the evening and for cycling late on in the day.Â Be prepared for alcohol deprivation!Is there anything else you would like to add?The only disappointment on this trip was the food. Any moreÂ chicken tagine and I would have sprouted feathers! You wont starve though and there are plenty of snack stops during the day to sample several of the tasty Moroccan chocolate bars.There are a couple of transfers missed off the trip notes. I would have liked to maybe miss out a transfer and finished the trip by cycling into Essaouira and arriving at the Ocean though not sure if this is possible logistically.Â
- AnonymousWritten on October 24, 20124.0 - GoodCycling in the most fabulous of landscapes, surrounded by incredibly friendly Moroccans and with a great group. I want to give the trip 4.5 stars. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The fourth day of cycling was fabulous. Â It seemed to go on and on.Â Very slight inclines followed byÂ endless gentle descents through the most dramatic scenery you can imagine.Â Brilliant fun.What did you think of your group leader?Richie Rocked!Â Everything was run with military precision and he was authoritative without being bossy.Â Â Top marks.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?100% of our trip had a tummy bug of varying degrees during the week â€“ be prepared!Even in October it was a little cool in theÂ evenings therefore warm clothing is a must.Â Â We were lucky to escape a storm in the mountains so Iâ€™d also recommend a wet weather riding outfit.Breakfast is Bread and Jam/Honey.Â Bring your own if you wantÂ anything more nutritious.Â Take a pack of felt pens for the children in the mountains.Â I still regret only having a biro and bag of Maltezers to give to the little lad wearing an oversized suit (think artful dodger)Â There is a possibility one of our group had money stolen from an unlocked suitcase at one of the hotels.Â Take a suitcase lock.Is there anything else you would like to add?As others have already mentioned â€“ the free day should be spent in Essaouira!Â Â 6 days on the trot is hard going therefore a gap after 5 days would have been most welcome.Â Â I found the shopkeepers far friendlier in Essaouira and would have much preferred to spend my Dirhams at their counters.Â (You only realise this after youâ€™ve been badgered and harassed in Marrakech).Â
- AnonymousWritten on April 25, 20124.0 - GoodVery good experience, great landscape and good organization. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Descending the Atlas Montains, Berber tea and hospitaly, seeing the compassion in our driver's eyes. Â What did you think of your group leader?He is great, very organized and precise.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be physically prepared for very high ascendings!Â Is there anything else you would like to add?I wish we had more sightseeing and stops at historical places along the way.Â
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Marrakech.
- Day 2: Transfer to Tadmamt; cycle in the foothills of Mt Toubkal to Ijoukak.
- Day 3: Challenging climb followed by exhilarating descent from Tizi n'Test Pass (2100m) to Oulad Berhil; overnight in traditional riad.
- Day 4: Cycle towards Tafraoute in Anti Atlas Mountains; optional transfer/ride to see the famous Blue Rocks.
- Day 5: Pass pink houses and kasbahs en route to Ait Baha Lake; transfer to Agadir.
- Day 6: Spectacular ride through the Paradise Valley; climb to Imouzzer.
- Day 7: Cycle through traditional villages and palmaris to Essouira.
- Day 8: Free morning in Essaouira; transfer to Marrakech; free time.
- Day 9: End Marrakech.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycle Morocco's Great South
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to London0 seats left$68USD $1,637Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayFeb 24, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayMar 10, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayMar 24, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Marrakesh9 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to London8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Marrakesh is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,541 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1541 for Cycle Morocco's Great South, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,023 km.
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 97 km
- Tadmamt (Morocco)
- 33 km
- Jebel Toubkal (Morocco)
- 71 km
- Oulad Berhil (Morocco)
- 61 km
- Irherm (Morocco)
- 64 km
- Tafraoute (Morocco)
- 100 km
- Agadir (Morocco)
- 29 km
- Imouzzer (Morocco)
- 97 km
- Essaouira (Morocco)
- 168 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,541 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,507 tours in Africa
- covered by 138 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,039 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Africa tours