Cross-country Skiing Dobbiaco
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 60:28:25
- Our saving
- US $ 1,387
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Discover the unique scenery of the Dolomites
- Enjoy cross-country skiing at its best
- Be amazed by charming Dobbiaco
- Fall in love with the amazing winter landscape
69 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on March 18, 20134.0 - GoodFantastic skiing and hospitality in the Stunning Dolomites. My Cross-Country skiing came on a treat with the excellent teaching of Anne. My waistline expanded with the tyrolean 5 course dinners.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Completing a 22 Km ski on the final day from near Cortina to Dobbiaco, finished off with a ski down the hill at the Nordic Arena in town.What did you think of your group leader?Brilliant -Â a great teacher and group leader seemingly effortlessly coping with all levels of skiing ability and sociability.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take your own walking boot/shoe insoles - the ones in my hire boots were very tired and scrunched up inside the boot on some days.Is there anything else you would like to add?Dobbiaco is a lovely friendly town with access to many different and beautiful ski areas.The 5 course dinners were great but a little too much for even the strapping Shetland blokes in our party.
- AnonymousWritten on February 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentMy enjoyment of the Dobbiaco trip never fails ; well into double figures for my visits ! Although I have covered all the routes many times they continue to thrill as the scenery is so spectacular and the skiing varied .What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Emerging from the tunnel into glorious sunshine for the descent towards Cortina!The thrill of the descent of the old military road .Finally succeeding in negotiating a tricky steep double hairpin spotÂ after several failures !What did you think of your group leader?Gareth was most helpful and considerate ; although we were experienced we were still able to benefit from his tips . He made every effort to ensure we got as much enjoyment in this holiday . Additionally ,he was good company socially .Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Choose Dobbiaco for a great experience of crosscountry skiing with a wide variety of day routes amongst wonderful scenery. You will stay at a most comfortable friendly family-run hotelÂ returning each day to a large dinner !
- AnonymousWritten on February 20, 20134.0 - GoodFantastic, fun and exhilarating. A great week xcountry skiing in stunning surroundings.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Satisfaction of achieving 31k in glorious conditions and hot chocolate to follow!What did you think of your group leader?The Garath Malone of xcountry skiing! Appreciated Andy's encouragement to keep going which made the trip for me.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Try it or do it again!Is there anything else you would like to add?Don't miss this opportunity!
- AnonymousWritten on February 11, 20134.0 - GoodPrefer a better hotel with thicker walls and doorsWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?SceneryWhat did you think of your group leader?ExelentDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Take ear plugs to sleep at nightIs there anything else you would like to add?You will be lucky to get the sauna switched on for a full hour so hope that no more than three want to use it at the same time
- AnonymousWritten on January 31, 20135.0 - ExcellentAn excellent week away doing something I normally wouldn't do, but by day three I'd totally got the bug.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Not crashing on that corner, and going through the tunnels near Cortina. Without crashing.What did you think of your group leader?Really rather good, handing out a perfect blend of instruction and patience.Â
- AnonymousWritten on January 24, 20134.0 - GoodA fantastic week combining fabulous scenery, a warm and welcoming hotel and a well-led introduction to cross country skiing.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Sitting outside in the JanuaryÂ sun with a hot chocolate, a wonderful view of the Dolomites and the company of a great group of people.What did you think of your group leader?Andy was an excellent leader. He coped well with a group having a wide range of abilities, providing the right levels of encouragement and support to everyone.Â His friendliness and sense of humour helped to make the week a success as a social experience as well as a cross country skiing experience.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you take some ibuprofen for the inevitable aches and pains you will experience on a cross country skiing holiday. They are very expensive in Italy as one of our party found to her cost!Is there anything else you would like to add?Go to the cafe opposite the hotel where you can sample hot chocolate so thick you can stand your spoon up in it.
- AnonymousWritten on January 10, 20134.0 - GoodIt was a fantastic holiday in a beautiful location. The tour leaders were supportive and encouraging, very knowledgable about the sport and the location.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?When I finally stopped freaking out because I couldn't control my speed!What did you think of your group leader?We had two group leaders Eric and Andy, who were both fantastic.Â Excellent instruction for both beginner and experienced skiers...also very patient.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you're expecting Italian food in Dobiacco you won't find it unless you go out to specific restaurants.Is there anything else you would like to add?If you think you might be interested in Cross Country skiing give this a try!
- AnonymousWritten on January 2, 20134.0 - GoodA great holiday - comfortable hotel, stunning scenery and a great opportunity to try out cross country skiing.What did you think of your group leader?Excellent when out skiing - I was a complete beginner and he made me feel very confident and safe. Excellent choice of routes and activities - we all learned lots and saw some great areas.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?You get very hot when cross country skiing so don't need loads of thick ski clothes - layers are best.Â Some people in the group had paid extra for a deluxe room - this turned out to be no different than the ordinary rooms (just an extra table), so it isn't worth paying the extra.You don't get a free day but some of us chose to spend a day snowshoeing / walking - this was a lot of fun and well worth doing if you want a change from skiing one day.Is there anything else you would like to add?Food in the hotel was plentiful and good. Staff there were very helpful and friendly.Dobbiaco was a lovely place - shops, banks, cafes, supermarket all within a few minutes walk away.
- AnonymousWritten on January 2, 20135.0 - ExcellentLovely skiing, carefully planned (very little climbing for cross country by careful use of busses) with great leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Controlling a long tricky descent perfectly!What did you think of your group leader?Great fun to be with.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go if you like tracks, tracks and more tracks. If you prefer off track, go to Norway.Is there anything else you would like to add?Keep up the good work!
- AnonymousWritten on March 27, 20125.0 - ExcellentGreat skiing, great guide, great group and loads of food!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Skiing on the last day with the gang with fab snow and no fear of the downhill!What did you think of your group leader?David was a great coach and leader. Very relaxed and chatty. Always giving you tips on your posture as he whizzed up and down the group. He got the group to bond, he adjusted his teaching for the less confident and the experienced, and had a knack for getting us to the bus stop 20 seconds before the bus arrived (did he like the bus company so much that he bought it?!) Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Do the exercises you get sent - much less pain in the first few days! Go for the fish options at the hotel - veggie options aren't the best.Is there anything else you would like to add?Such a change from my previous trip (level 1) - having such a good guide this time made all the difference and may even have inspired me to do the marathon someday
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Dobbiaco.
- Day 2-4: 3 days cross-country skiing.
- Day 5: Free Day
- Day 6-7: We continue our explorations on skis.
- Day 8: End Dobbiaco.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cross-country Skiing Dobbiaco
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to Innsbruck8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayFeb 16, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayFeb 23, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Innsbruck8 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Innsbruck8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroAustria and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Innsbruck.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $1,387 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1387 for Cross-country Skiing Dobbiaco, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 172 km.
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 86 km
- Dobbiaco (Italy)
- 86 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,387 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,220 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours