- Our saving
- US $ 717
- Stay with a local family in beautiful Moulay Idriss
- Experience the tastes, sights, and sounds of Fes
- Ride a camel through the Sahara desert dunes
- Visit Ait Benhaddou, a traditional mud brick city
- Taste delicious Moroccan dishes in Marrakesh
- Age range
- 18 to 29 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- DMDanielWritten on November 9, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Was overall a good tour. Seemed as if I wasn't sure what was happening at times but enjoyed my experience in Morocco
- CCCaitlinWritten on November 4, 20184.0 - Good
This tour included a range of cities and experiences throughout Morocco. I really enjoyed meeting the local artisans at the different co-operatives throughout the country (and the discounted prices at these places!). Our tour guide, Sarah, had suggestions... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Caitlin, What fantastic feedback, thank you for sharing. It is really pleasing to hear that the Tour Leader Sarah was a big part as to why you enjoyed this trip. Hopefully we will see you soon on another trip... Intrepid
- DanielWritten on August 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour, lots to see and do. Mohamed is the best guide going around.
- DDDarcyWritten on August 10, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The bus's air conditioning system barely worked, and the windows didn't open. We were driving in 110 degree weather, and inside the bus reached 100 degrees or more. This was a horribly uncomfortable, if not dangerous situation, as we were stuck in the bus... Read more
- LFlauraWritten on July 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved every minute of the tour! It was very diverse and beautiful. Hisham knowledge was great and he was very calm and happy !
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on June 3, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good tour. Group was fun. Tour guide was knowledgeable and fun
- VerenaWritten on April 9, 20183.5 - Good
more activities, more and better information from the guideShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Verena, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- JMJessicaWritten on April 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
I had never done a tour before whilst travelling, and went in a little skeptical about the experience. Abdelhadi completely turned that around. He was a great tour leader and honed our trip to the wishes of our group well. We had an inquisitive group, and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for choosing us as your first group tour! We’re so happy to hear that you had a great time in Morocco – we look forward to seeing you on another trip with us again in the future. Best wishes, Geckos
- YHYan-HaoWritten on February 7, 20185.0 - Excellent
With Geckos help, I can explore some places that I may not notice on the map or never expect to be so stunning before. It's a wonderful experience with GEcjos Adventures. I love my guide and the people involved in the tour!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Yan-Hao, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time on your trip, and we hope to see you on another one again soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- LRLanWritten on December 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great tour! Everything was streamlined, and it just gets better and better! Our guide Issmail is wonderful, funny and knowledgeable, gives you a lot of insights to the local life in Morocco. Hotels are budget, but clean and comfortable (which is... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Casablanca
- Day 2: Meknes - Moulay Idriss
- Day 3: Fes
- Day 4: Fes
- Day 5: Midelt
- Day 6: Merzouga
- Day 7: Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
- Day 8: Ait Benhaddou
- Day 9: High Atlas - Marrakech
- Day 10: Marrakech
- Day 11: Marrakech
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents Intrepid Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is currently available for this tour, with the exception of day 6 Merzouga, as you will be staying in a Desert camp. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information and to arrange this.
Is there a hotel list available?
Usually, hotel lists are not confirmed until 4-6 weeks before departure, however, this is a list of hotels that they typically stay at. Please be advised that they are subject to change:
Casablanca – Hotel Transatlantique
Moulay Idriss – La Colombe Blanche
Fes – Hotel de la Paix (2 nights)
Midelt – Kasbah Asmaa
Merzouga – Desert camp
Todra Gorge – Dar Ayour
Ait Benhaddou – Hotel La Kasbah
Marrakech – Hotel Amalou (2 nights)
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, you can choose to depart at any time! Breakfast is provided at Hotel Amalou (Please note the accommodation is subject to change until your finalised documents are released). Check-out time is usually around noon and you are free to leave at any time.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am very motivated and passionate about the tourism industry as anyone who knows me will tell you that:),i..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Peter11th December 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 13, 2019to MarrakeshOnly 3 seats left$36USD $859
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 20, 2019to Marrakesh7 seats left$35USD $830
- SundayMar 17, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 27, 2019to MarrakeshOnly 3 seats left$37USD $898
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayApr 3, 2019to Marrakesh5 seats left$36USD $864
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayApr 17, 2019to Marrakesh7 seats left$36USD $869
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayApr 24, 2019to Marrakesh0 seats left$39USD $946Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 1, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$36USD $859
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$36USD $859
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$122$895-14%USD $774
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayJun 5, 2019to Marrakesh10+ seats left$122$895-14%USD $774
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 April 2019 the full payment of $717 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $717 for Essential Morocco, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 199 km
- Moulay Idriss (Morocco)
- 18 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 153 km
- Midelt (Morocco)
- 190 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 161 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 31 km
- Gorge du Dades (Morocco)
- 128 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 105 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $717 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,843 tours in Africa
- covered by 289 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Morocco
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers