- Explore the exquisite Mosques of Morocco
- Shop for treasured trinkets in Fes
- Watch the sunset on the Sahara
- Finish in Marrakech with great food
- Age range
- 18 to 29 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- DanielWritten on August 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour, lots to see and do. Mohamed is the best guide going around.Show detailed ratings
- DDDarcyWritten on August 10, 20183.0 - AverageThe bus's air conditioning system barely worked, and the windows didn't open. We were driving in 110 degree weather, and inside the bus reached 100 degrees or more. This was a horribly uncomfortable, if not dangerous situation, as we were stuck in the bus for at least 4 hours on most days... We were all sweating profusely, dehydrated, and nauseous from the heat inside the bus.Show detailed ratings
- LFlauraWritten on July 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved every minute of the tour! It was very diverse and beautiful. Hisham knowledge was great and he was very calm and happy !Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 3, 20184.0 - GoodGood tour. Group was fun. Tour guide was knowledgeable and funShow detailed ratings
- VerenaWritten on April 9, 20183.5 - Goodmore activities, more and better information from the guideShow detailed ratingsGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Verena, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- JMJessicaWritten on April 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had never done a tour before whilst travelling, and went in a little skeptical about the experience. Abdelhadi completely turned that around. He was a great tour leader and honed our trip to the wishes of our group well. We had an inquisitive group, and he was very knowledgable and offered up a lot of history and explanations for all of our questions. It was quite evident he cares about his job and his performance reflected that, helping group members on our hikes and making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. My experience on this tour, in large part thanks to our leader, would make me open to another Geckos tour in the future.Show detailed ratingsGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for choosing us as your first group tour! We’re so happy to hear that you had a great time in Morocco – we look forward to seeing you on another trip with us again in the future. Best wishes, Geckos
- YHYan-HaoWritten on February 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWith Geckos help, I can explore some places that I may not notice on the map or never expect to be so stunning before. It's a wonderful experience with GEcjos Adventures. I love my guide and the people involved in the tour!Show detailed ratingsGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Yan-Hao, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time on your trip, and we hope to see you on another one again soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- LRLanWritten on December 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was a great tour! Everything was streamlined, and it just gets better and better! Our guide Issmail is wonderful, funny and knowledgeable, gives you a lot of insights to the local life in Morocco. Hotels are budget, but clean and comfortable (which is good enough for me), restaurants might be a little touristy but no doubt the food is good! Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend anyone to do it.Show detailed ratings
- FayeWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was brilliant! I had an amazing time and left feeling like I really got to experience Morocco. It was a good mix of cultural experiences, outdoor activities, and free time to either relax or explore some more. Our guide was great and very funny. As someone who usually travels solo, I'm so happy I did this tour since I feel like I got to experience and see things I otherwise wouldn't have, and had so much fun with the rest of the group as well. It definitely encouraged me to go on another tour with this company!Show detailed ratings
- StephanieWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded my expectations, especially in terms of the unique and beautiful accommodation. My tour guide was great fun and got the whole group involved. He was also very knowledgeable about the locations we visited. Transportation was comfortable and on time. Everything about the trip was brilliant. I would definitely recommend this tour and would travel with the company in the future.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Casablanca
- Day 2: Meknes - Moulay Idriss
- Day 3: Fes
- Day 4: Fes
- Day 5: Midelt
- Day 6: Merzouga
- Day 7: Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
- Day 8: Ait Benhaddou
- Day 9: High Atlas - Marrakech
- Day 10: Marrakech
- Day 11: Marrakech
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is currently available for this tour, with the exception of day 6 Merzouga, as you will be staying in a Desert camp. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information and to arrange this.
Is there a hotel list available?
Usually, hotel lists are not confirmed until 4-6 weeks before departure, however, this is a list of hotels that they typically stay at. Please be advised that they are subject to change:
Casablanca – Hotel Transatlantique
Moulay Idriss – La Colombe Blanche
Fes – Hotel de la Paix (2 nights)
Midelt – Kasbah Asmaa
Merzouga – Desert camp
Todra Gorge – Dar Ayour
Ait Benhaddou – Hotel La Kasbah
Marrakech – Hotel Amalou (2 nights)
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, you can choose to depart at any time! Breakfast is provided at Hotel Amalou (Please note the accommodation is subject to change until your finalised documents are released). Check-out time is usually around noon and you are free to leave at any time.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am very motivated and passionate about the tourism industry as anyone who knows me will tell you that:),i..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Geckos Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Geckos Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Essential Morocco, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Geckos Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 199 km
- Moulay Idriss (Morocco)
- 18 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 153 km
- Midelt (Morocco)
- 190 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 6 km
- Erg Chebbi (Morocco)
- 158 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 31 km
- Gorge du Dades (Morocco)
- 128 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,530 tours in Africa
- covered by 140 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Morocco
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers