- Our saving
- US $ 652
- Explore the exquisite Mosques of Morocco
- Shop for treasured trinkets in Fes
- Watch the sunset on the Sahara
- Finish in Marrakech with great food
- Age range
- 18 to 29 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Mini-coach
- Rather Poor
- YHYan-HaoWritten on February 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentWith Geckos help, I can explore some places that I may not notice on the map or never expect to be so stunning before. It's a wonderful experience with GEcjos Adventures. I love my guide and the people involved in the tour!Show detailed ratings
- LRLanWritten on December 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was a great tour! Everything was streamlined, and it just gets better and better! Our guide Issmail is wonderful, funny and knowledgeable, gives you a lot of insights to the local life in Morocco. Hotels are budget, but clean and comfortable (which is good enough for me), restaurants might be a little touristy but no doubt the food is good! Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend anyone to do it.Show detailed ratings
- FayeWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was brilliant! I had an amazing time and left feeling like I really got to experience Morocco. It was a good mix of cultural experiences, outdoor activities, and free time to either relax or explore some more. Our guide was great and very funny. As someone who usually travels solo, I'm so happy I did this tour since I feel like I got to experience and see things I otherwise wouldn't have, and had so much fun with the rest of the group as well. It definitely encouraged me to go on another tour with this company!Show detailed ratings
- StephanieWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded my expectations, especially in terms of the unique and beautiful accommodation. My tour guide was great fun and got the whole group involved. He was also very knowledgeable about the locations we visited. Transportation was comfortable and on time. Everything about the trip was brilliant. I would definitely recommend this tour and would travel with the company in the future.Show detailed ratings
- TVThomasWritten on September 16, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was excellent. The accommodations were incredible from the get go and our guide Saaid was fantastic! Well informed and entertaining he really did an amazing job.Show detailed ratingsGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thanks for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we always pass it along to our global team where it is very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time in Morocco with us, and we hope to see you on another trip soon. Kind regards, Geckos
- MishelleWritten on July 21, 20173.5 - GoodThe camel ride in the Sahara was the most exciting! Expect to have quite a lot of out of pocket cost for food, water and souvenirs as Morocco isn't as cheap as what it appears. I easily spent a $1000aud there and i don't drink either.. There are a lot of wifi during the whole trip and lots of chill time too by the pool!Show detailed ratings
- CACharlesWritten on April 27, 20174.0 - GoodSo awesome! Casablanca was not that great but all the rest was really cool. The highlights were definitely Fez and the night camping in the Sahara.Show detailed ratings
- EloiseWritten on April 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentReally excellent trip! First ever tour and couldn't have gone better! 12 of us + our wonderful guide Khaled and we all got along really well and were lucky with excellent weather for all the sites. Transport and everything really ran smoothly, no worries about being a vegan on the tour there was always lots of bread and veggie options. All the hotels were really comfortable and I felt looked after and completely positively satisfied the entire trip. It was really amazing and I would go back to morocco in a heartbeat.Show detailed ratings
- NnorWritten on April 11, 20164.0 - GoodSimply Amaaazing...... Cant describe.. You have to do it :-)Show detailed ratings
- JessicaWritten on December 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentWhat an amazing adventure! Our guide Abdou was friendly, experienced and knowledgeable making him an absolute pleasure to travel with. I doubt I would have enjoyed Morocco half as much had I traveled it alone. The tour was well structured though I would have loved a few extra days to really delve into some of the areas. Major highlight was the Sahara experience: riding a camel into the desert, climbing a nearby dune to watch the sunset, enjoying mint tea amongst friends, playing bongos by the campfire and spending the quiet part of the evening chatting and gazing at the stars. Wonderful, memorable and simply magic.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Casablanca
- Day 2: Meknes - Moulay Idriss
- Day 3: Fes
- Day 4: Fes
- Day 5: Midelt
- Day 6: Merzouga
- Day 7: Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
- Day 8: Ait Benhaddou
- Day 9: High Atlas - Marrakech
- Day 10: Marrakech
- Day 11: Marrakech
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is an airport transfer possible on this tour?
Yes, an airport transfer is possible for an extra cost. Please contact us to arrange this.
- June 15, 2016
How big is the group?
The group size for this tour is a maximum of 16.
- June 1, 2016
What is the cheapest flight rate to Morocco if you can advise?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am very motivated and passionate about the tourism industry as anyone who knows me will tell you that:),i..."
34 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Geckos Adventures Essential Morocco tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 7th April 20183 comments"Any fellow travellers going on the Essential Morocco trip on April 8th until April 18th? :) Would love to get in touch beforehand!"+1
- Departs 8th April 20182 comments"Hi anyone doing this tour? :)"+1
- Departs 22nd April 20181 comment"Hhheeyy"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Charmaine28th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayMar 4, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 14, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 2 seats left$169$845-20%USD $676
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 21, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$169$845-20%USD $676
- SundayMar 18, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMar 28, 2018to Marrakesh7 seats left$169$845-20%USD $676
- ThursdayMar 29, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $860Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayApr 18, 2018to Marrakesh8 seats left$163$815-20%USD $652
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayApr 25, 2018to Marrakesh9 seats left$168$840-20%USD $672
- SundayApr 22, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 2, 2018to Marrakesh4 seats left$176$880-20%USD $704
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 9, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats left$163$815-20%USD $652
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 16, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats leftUSD $815
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysWednesdayMay 23, 2018to Marrakesh10+ seats leftUSD $815
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Geckos Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $100 to confirm this Geckos Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 April 2018 the full payment of $652 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $652 for Essential Morocco, but the deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Geckos Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 199 km
- Moulay Idriss (Morocco)
- 18 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 153 km
- Midelt (Morocco)
- 190 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 6 km
- Erg Chebbi (Morocco)
- 158 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 31 km
- Gorge du Dades (Morocco)
- 128 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $652 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,074 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 34 travellers have already met
before they left for Essential Morocco tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Morocco
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers