- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 29
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Abu Simbel
- Valley of the Kings
- Day 1 Cairo
- Day 2 Cairo/Pyramids/Sphinx
- Day 3 Aswan
- Day 4 Aswan
- Day 5 Nile Felucca
- Day 6 Luxor
- Day 7 Luxor / Valley of the Kings
- Day 8 Cairo
- Day 9 Cairo
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- OJOrie· October 7th, 2019Couldn’t have asked for a better guide. No real complaints with the tour at allTrip date: September 2019
- AArielle L· September 18th, 2019Our tour guide Mohomed Fouad (Medu) was excellent and had so much knowledge on everything we visited - there wasn't one question he didn't know the answer to. The places we went were great and the hotels were good for the most part tooTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAndrew W· September 18th, 2019super organized, perfect size, great day to day pace, incredible trip leader I was a little anxious about being in Egypt/ the Middle East but felt so safe and comfortable the whole time, and the trip far surpassed my expectationsTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ARosie V· September 18th, 2019Intrepid was good because everything was organised so I felt safer in EgyptTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- APhoebe V· September 18th, 2019I enjoyed the experiences we had and the way the tour was set outTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AJordan K· September 18th, 2019The excellent guide Mohamed Adel and the incredible experiences we had during the trip.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AIrini K· September 18th, 2019Mohamed Adel our tour guide was exceptional. He went above and beyond to make our holiday memorable. He provided us with an educated, factual and personal perspective on the country as well as on the mind blowing history. I would highly recommend this... Show moreTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ABrianna M· September 18th, 2019I loved the places we visited and what he had the chance of seeingTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAlisha F· September 18th, 2019Great experience with a great tour leader- Mohammad Adel. Loved all of the activities and really enjoyed my time in the country.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMelanie S· September 18th, 2019There were so many frustrating aspects to this trip, mostly the discrepancy between advertised prices and the real prices.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Wednesday5 Apr, 2023Thursday13 Apr, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,370
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday26 Apr, 2023Thursday4 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,410
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday10 May, 2023Thursday18 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,370
- -10%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday24 May, 2023Thursday1 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,285$1,157
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday14 Jun, 2023Thursday22 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,230
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday21 Jun, 2023Thursday29 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,205
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday5 Jul, 2023Thursday13 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,1800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday12 Jul, 2023Thursday20 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,1600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday26 Jul, 2023Thursday3 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,1900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday23 Aug, 2023Thursday31 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,1600% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where does the tour end?
The tour concludes on Day 9, at The King Hotel in Cairo. After a final breakfast with the group you are free to depart at any time, or take the day to explore the city and tick off some of the suggested optional activities!
- When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive in Cairo at any time. This gives you the opportunity to explore your surroundings and get settled into your hotel. In the evening there will be a welcome meeting, where you will get to know your fellow travellers and review the tour details with your guide. Your hotel reception will have the details of this meeting so please check with them upon arrival. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price, however we would be happy to help with arranging your transfers!
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course we can! If you wish to arrange additional accommodation then please contact our customer support team once you have a confirmed booking.
- What is the age range?
The age range for this trip is 18 to 29 year olds, and we are unable to book those outside of the age range on this tour.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Solo travellers do not have to pay a single supplement, as this is a group trip designed for shared accommodation. You will be paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip, which is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience!
An optional single supplement is available on this trip for those who would like their own private room, with the exception of Day 5, when you will be travelling by felluca. Please contact our customer service team to arrange this.
- Is there a hotel list available?
During the tour you will be spending 5 nights in hotel accommodation, 2 nights on a sleeper train an 1 night on a Felucca.
Hotel lists for this trip are not confirmed until your final trip documents are released, which will be 2 to 3 weeks prior to departure. These will contain your specific accommodation details, however your arrival and departure hotel will be The King Hotel in Cairo.
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
- How much money is needed to go on this trip?
When it comes to money matters on the trip, every traveller is a little different. You know your spending habits better than we do, so please budget a sensible amount for things like meals not included, drinks, shopping, optional activities, tipping and laundry. It's always better to bring a little more than you think you'll need.
Good to Know
- Egyptian PoundEgypt
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CEgypt
- Type EEgypt
- Type FEgypt
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Egypt
- Egypt Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Egypt from Cairo
- Egypt In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 9 days Egypt
- Operators in Africa
- Essential Egypt Tours in Egypt
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Nile Valley Tours
- Egypt Tours
- Africa Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Nile Valley
- Egypt tours