- +2 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Visit Cairo
- Explore the Pyramids up close
- Travel to the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel
- Explore Luxor and the magnificent Karnak Temple
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- MadeleineWritten on June 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat taster of ancient egyptShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHI Madeleine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Egypt! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- MNMarkWritten on April 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentA must see destination! and the best part was it wasn't crowded at all. My guide Ahmed was one of the best guides i've ever had on any tour. He truly became a friend at the end of this adventure. Also had a great taste in music and shared some of his local favorites! Be sure to go to Abu Simbel - you will regret not going to see it! the group was great! Ahmed really gave us the keys to the country giving us every opportunity to maximize our local interaction. Hotels were great and transportation was efficient. Highlight was definitely the flucca ride up the Nile!!! sleeping under the stars was an unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- IleanaWritten on July 23, 20134.5 - ExcellentThis was my first trip with intrepid and I choose them as I was travelling alone. It was an excellent decition. Best trip of my life so far as I'm travelling with Intrepid again in October to Thailand. While the trip has a short duration, It's enough to get to know the main cities and the culture. Our guide was local and he took as to family houses for dinner. Hotels were simple, but clean. Loved the one in Cairo, great location. Loved the night at the feluca, thought that those taking the cruises will never experience something like that. People taking the tour with me was really nice too!Show detailed ratings
- UrsulaWritten on November 28, 20125.0 - ExcellentAn absolutely, fabulously magic trip that will stay in my heart for ever. Egypt and its' people were so friendly and couldn't do enough. The trip I completed I could easily do again, in fact right now. But I shall return with Intrepid! Thank you to our tour guide, Walleed, for all of his assistance, his deep and rich understanding of his country and sharing all that he knew with us. He made the journey worthwhile! Thank you most sincerely for a trip of a lifetime! Kindest regards, Ursula WrightShow detailed ratings
- CarmelWritten on June 24, 20124.5 - ExcellentLoved the variety of experiences on this tour. There was a good balance of organized activities and optional ones. I really enjoyed sailing the Nile on the felucca, the camel ride to the old monastery, seeing the Sufi dance, visiting a mosque and getting an overview of Islam, the donkey ride in the Valley of the Kings (regardless of a minor complication w/ Egyptian military), having meals prepared by a local family in Aswan and Luxor, seeing Tutankhamen's mummy in person (while the rest of his tomb artifacts were on tour at the same time in the U.S.)and of course, visiting the animal care facility (ACE) in Luxor. Among the optional tours I took and enjoyed were: a hot air sunrise balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, a very early morning visit to Abu Simbel (on my birthday!), and a visit to the Temple of Philae. Our lead guide, Ahmed, was great: very professional and knowledgeable. I also enjoyed meeting the local guides at the cities we visited. It's been four years since I took this tour but I still remember it with fondness. I highly recommend this to family and friends.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 13, 20114.0 - GoodThis trip was a great blend of guided sight seeing with ample free time to explore local spots on your own.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentBrilliant trip- packed a lot in but there was still some down time to catch your breath. Our guide was fantastic- he even organised the rest of our trip in Egypt for us for after our tour had ended. Very generous, lots of fun.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentGreat! Hoda was a great tour guide. It was a great combination of activities, options and free time.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 10, 20115.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time on this trip. We were able to see so many incredible sights and travel in so many different ways that really allowed us to connect with the country. If you are able to use Hoda as a guide, I highly recommend it.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 6, 20115.0 - ExcellentMore than you could ever hope to see independently in 8 days. All the highlights of Ancient Egypt with a taste of modern Egyptian life.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo
- Day 3: Aswan – Nile Felucca
- Day 4: Aswan
- Day 5: Nile Felucca
- Day 6: Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor
- Day 8: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Discover Egypt
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are you offering pick up and drop off at airport at the start and the end of the tour?
Please note airport transfers are available to add to this trip for an additional cost per person per transfer. After providing your flight details, a representative from Intrepid will be waiting for you at the airport upon your arrival.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$27USD $1,068
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Cairo8 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats left$28USD $1,077
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats left$29USD $1,121
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$29USD $1,141
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Cairo8 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$29USD $1,141
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats left$29USD $1,141
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Cairo8 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$31USD $1,189
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats left$31USD $1,189
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from Cairo8 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Cairo4 seats left$141$1,150-12%USD $1,009
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$31USD $1,224
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 October 2018 the full payment of $1,009 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1009 for Egypt Adventure, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,009 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,331 tours in Africa
- covered by 128 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Adventure
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers