- Our saving
- US $ 931
- +2 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Visit Cairo
- Explore the Pyramids up close
- Travel to the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel
- Explore Luxor and the magnificent Karnak Temple
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- MNMarkWritten on April 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentA must see destination! and the best part was it wasn't crowded at all. My guide Ahmed was one of the best guides i've ever had on any tour. He truly became a friend at the end of this adventure. Also had a great taste in music and shared some of his local favorites! Be sure to go to Abu Simbel - you will regret not going to see it! the group was great! Ahmed really gave us the keys to the country giving us every opportunity to maximize our local interaction. Hotels were great and transportation was efficient. Highlight was definitely the flucca ride up the Nile!!! sleeping under the stars was an unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- IleanaWritten on July 23, 20134.5 - ExcellentThis was my first trip with intrepid and I choose them as I was travelling alone. It was an excellent decition. Best trip of my life so far as I'm travelling with Intrepid again in October to Thailand. While the trip has a short duration, It's enough to get to know the main cities and the culture. Our guide was local and he took as to family houses for dinner. Hotels were simple, but clean. Loved the one in Cairo, great location. Loved the night at the feluca, thought that those taking the cruises will never experience something like that. People taking the tour with me was really nice too!Show detailed ratings
- UrsulaWritten on November 28, 20125.0 - ExcellentAn absolutely, fabulously magic trip that will stay in my heart for ever. Egypt and its' people were so friendly and couldn't do enough. The trip I completed I could easily do again, in fact right now. But I shall return with Intrepid! Thank you to our tour guide, Walleed, for all of his assistance, his deep and rich understanding of his country and sharing all that he knew with us. He made the journey worthwhile! Thank you most sincerely for a trip of a lifetime! Kindest regards, Ursula WrightShow detailed ratings
- CarmelWritten on June 24, 20124.5 - ExcellentLoved the variety of experiences on this tour. There was a good balance of organized activities and optional ones. I really enjoyed sailing the Nile on the felucca, the camel ride to the old monastery, seeing the Sufi dance, visiting a mosque and getting an overview of Islam, the donkey ride in the Valley of the Kings (regardless of a minor complication w/ Egyptian military), having meals prepared by a local family in Aswan and Luxor, seeing Tutankhamen's mummy in person (while the rest of his tomb artifacts were on tour at the same time in the U.S.)and of course, visiting the animal care facility (ACE) in Luxor. Among the optional tours I took and enjoyed were: a hot air sunrise balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, a very early morning visit to Abu Simbel (on my birthday!), and a visit to the Temple of Philae. Our lead guide, Ahmed, was great: very professional and knowledgeable. I also enjoyed meeting the local guides at the cities we visited. It's been four years since I took this tour but I still remember it with fondness. I highly recommend this to family and friends.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 13, 20114.0 - GoodThis trip was a great blend of guided sight seeing with ample free time to explore local spots on your own.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentBrilliant trip- packed a lot in but there was still some down time to catch your breath. Our guide was fantastic- he even organised the rest of our trip in Egypt for us for after our tour had ended. Very generous, lots of fun.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentGreat! Hoda was a great tour guide. It was a great combination of activities, options and free time.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 10, 20115.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time on this trip. We were able to see so many incredible sights and travel in so many different ways that really allowed us to connect with the country. If you are able to use Hoda as a guide, I highly recommend it.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 6, 20115.0 - ExcellentMore than you could ever hope to see independently in 8 days. All the highlights of Ancient Egypt with a taste of modern Egyptian life.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 5, 20115.0 - ExcellentWell planned and executed. Guide was flexible, able and willing to make changes on the fly. Activities were as described and we were not disappointed.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo
- Day 3: Aswan – Nile Felucca
- Day 4: Aswan
- Day 5: Nile Felucca
- Day 6: Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor
- Day 8: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- August 1, 2016
Are you offering pick up and drop off at airport at the start and the end of the tour?
Please note airport transfers are available to add to this trip for an additional cost per person per transfer. After providing your flight details, a representative from Intrepid will be waiting for you at the airport upon your arrival.
36 travellers met before going on their Intrepid Travel Egypt Adventure tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,095
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,095
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Cairo8 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,095
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,075
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Cairo8 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$104$1,035-10%USD $931
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats leftUSD $1,095
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,115
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,085
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,095
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Cairo6 seats leftUSD $1,035Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $931 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $931 for Egypt Adventure, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $931 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,081 tours in Africa
- covered by 101 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Adventure
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers