Best of Central Europe
- Our saving
- US $ 2,151
- Learn about Prague's history
- Experience Polish traditions
- Get active in Slovakia’s Tatra Mountains
- Admire Budapest's architecture
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Vienna
- Day 2: Vienna
- Day 3: Cesky Krumlov
- Day 4: Cesky Krumlov
- Day 5: Prague
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague
- Day 8: Gory Sowie
- Day 9: Krakow
- Day 10: Krakow
- Day 11: Tatra Mountains
- Day 12: Tatra Mountains
- Day 13: Budapest
- Day 14: Budapest
- Day 15: Budapest
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ALAmyWritten on October 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
To be honest, part of what made the trip fantastic was our group of 12- could not have had a better group to travel with- which is clearly luck, but a piece of our group being so cohesive was Nejca, our guide. She was perfect! Available but not pushy. Laid... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on May 1, 20184.5 - Excellent
Great tour... cesky krumlov the best!, great suggestions by guide, great travellers!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, thanks for sharing your experience with us, we are delighted to hear you had a great time in Central Europe! We agree - Cesky Krumlov is gorgeous! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- JJanWritten on November 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Central Europe tour I was on with my daughter went beyond my expectations. I was nervous about having all that free time in new places but Eliza our amazing tour guide, gave us the best orientations and knowledge of all the places we visited. Sharing... Read more
- RyanWritten on July 13, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was my very first Intrepid trip and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was more than I expected! I loved the chemistry of the group (I miss them dearly), the accommodation location as well as the included activities. Being in a small group also has a lot... Read more
- KimWritten on July 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour had everything I was looking for! Great Eastern European food, great local beer, and a variety of things to do for any type of interest. The hikes were fantastic, and the transportation between stops was well organized. This tour offers a good... Read more
- PGPetraWritten on July 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I though the Intrepid tour was fantastic. The group leader did a great job in looking after us and providing us with good orientation in all the countries we visited. The only point that could be improved, was in relation to accommodation. In Prague,... Read more
- AHannah SteeleWritten on October 6, 2007
This trip is an excellent choice for those wanting a taster of Eastern Europe at its best. The biggest advantage of doing a trip like this is that you don't have to worry about figuring out how to get from one destination to the next and can spend all your... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do all rooms have private bathrooms?
Generally, all accommodation on this trip will have an ensuite bathroom where possible, however, there may be times where facilities will be shared rather than private. If the facilities are shared you will always share with another person of the same sex.
How many people per tour?
Intrepid is a small group operator so you will be travelling in a group of 16 passengers maximum.
What is the activity level required for this trip?
This tour is rated as 2 out of 5 for its activity level and can be enjoyed by just about anyone with a reasonable level of fitness.
- Main Page Video
Guides who have led this tour
- "Loving my current adventure in the Philippines and am looking forward to meeting you!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Trisha3rd March 2019
Best of Central Europe
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Budapest0 seats left$65USD $2,530Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$66USD $2,579
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$69USD $2,706
- WednesdaySep 11, 2019from Vienna15 DaysWednesdaySep 25, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$71USD $2,784
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$70USD $2,730
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Budapest5 seats left$69USD $2,706
- WednesdaySep 25, 2019from Vienna15 DaysWednesdayOct 9, 2019to Budapest9 seats left$461$2,695-17%USD $2,234
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Budapest5 seats left$65USD $2,530
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to Budapest8 seats left$444$2,595-17%USD $2,151
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Vienna15 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to Budapest7 seats left$306$2,495-12%USD $2,189
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 20 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 20 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Vienna (Austria)
- 166 km
- Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)
- 142 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 75 km
- Teplice (Czech Republic)
- 438 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 93 km
- Tatra National Park (Poland)
- 203 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,151 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,723 tours in Europe
- covered by 573 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Central Europe
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers