Best of Central Europe
- US $ 2,245
- Learn about Prague's history
- Experience Polish traditions
- Get active in Slovakia’s Tatra Mountains
- Admire Budapest's architecture
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- RyanWritten on July 13, 20174.0 - GoodIt was my very first Intrepid trip and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was more than I expected! I loved the chemistry of the group (I miss them dearly), the accommodation location as well as the included activities. Being in a small group also has a lot of advantages like getting to know each of them personally and build friendships even after the trip. I was just so glad I took the trip through Intrepid!Show detailed ratings
- KimWritten on July 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis tour had everything I was looking for! Great Eastern European food, great local beer, and a variety of things to do for any type of interest. The hikes were fantastic, and the transportation between stops was well organized. This tour offers a good balance of free time and time with the group, which allows you to come together at the end of the day over dinner to discuss your day.Show detailed ratings
- PGPetraWritten on July 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentI though the Intrepid tour was fantastic. The group leader did a great job in looking after us and providing us with good orientation in all the countries we visited. The only point that could be improved, was in relation to accommodation. In Prague, five people were placed in the one hotel with one bathroom and toilet. This is not really ideal, however, when we raised this issue, our group leader went out of his way to provide an alternate accommodation for my husband and I. I felt that this was really good and we were very pleased with the outcome. The other tour participants were great and I recommend this to anyone who is interested in a great holiday. Thank you Zsolt.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 6, 2007This trip is an excellent choice for those wanting a taster of Eastern Europe at its best. The biggest advantage of doing a trip like this is that you don't have to worry about figuring out how to get from one destination to the next and can spend all your time exploring each destination fully. It's all the fun of back packing but easier and possible to do in a couple of weeks! The highlight of the trip has to be Cesky Krumlov, a small town in the Czech Republic, which a lot of people have never heard of. Although it is small there is certainly plenty to keep you busy for a few days. I highly recommend mountain biking, where you are driven out of the town, up a big hill and then have all the fun of cycling back down through a forest, stopping at a lovely pub to admire the stunning countryside. By far the best place we found to eat was a Medieval grill, where they cook all the food on an open range type cooker, and is such great value too. The tastiest Pork I have ever had! In the town itself the castle is the main highligh, standing proud above the river. It is really worth getting there early in the morning to catch a guided tour around the inside and a chance to see some of the previous moat residents (there are bears that live in the old moat (no water now) and those that have passed on, feature inside the castle.) If you are ready for some more action after taking in the history of the town, head out on a Canoe trip. We did one that took 3 hours over 15KM, but there are shorter trips available. Water proof storage box's are provided, and I really reccomend taking a camera. We didn't take ours and really regret it now. In short Cesky Krumlov is pretty unique and well worth venturing off the normal tourist route to visit.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Vienna
- Day 2: Vienna
- Day 3: Cesky Krumlov
- Day 4: Cesky Krumlov
- Day 5: Prague
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague
- Day 8: Gory Sowie
- Day 9: Krakow
- Day 10: Krakow
- Day 11: Tatra Mountains
- Day 12: Tatra Mountains
- Day 13: Budapest
- Day 14: Budapest
- Day 15: Budapest
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
How many people per tour?
Intrepid is a small group operator so you will be travelling in a group of 16 passengers maximum.
- November 1, 2016
What is the activity level required for this trip?
This tour is rated as 2 out of 5 for its activity level and can be enjoyed by just about anyone with a reasonable level of fitness.
- July 18, 2016
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
Best of Central Europe
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from ViennaSaturdayApr 21, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,2457 spaces left
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from ViennaSaturdayApr 28, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,3557 spaces left
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from ViennaSaturdayMay 12, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,2459 spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from ViennaSaturdayMay 19, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,310Only 2 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- WednesdayMay 9, 2018from ViennaWednesdayMay 23, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,24510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from ViennaSaturdayMay 26, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,24510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from ViennaSaturdayJun 2, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,33510+ spaces left
- WednesdayMay 23, 2018from ViennaWednesdayJun 6, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,33510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from ViennaSaturdayJun 9, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,33510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from ViennaSaturdayJun 16, 2018in BudapestPriceUSD $2,33510+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2017 the full payment of $2,245 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2245 for Best of Central Europe, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Vienna (Austria)
- 166 km
- Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)
- 142 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 75 km
- Teplice (Czech Republic)
- 438 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 93 km
- Tatra National Park (Poland)
- 203 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,245 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,237 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 49 travellers have already met
before they left for Best of Central Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Central Europe
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers