Start planning your tour
- Explore Hemis, Tikse and Tak Tak monasteries
- Stay in a picturesque village near the Indus River
- See the beautiful, colourful valley town of Manali
- Visit the home of Tibet's exiled religious leader
- Take a rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk
- Soak up the incredible atmosphere at the Golden Temple
Start in Amritsar and end in New Delhi! With the discovery tour Little Tibet (Hemis Festival), you have a 17 day tour package taking you through Amritsar, India and 12 other destinations in India. Little Tibet (Hemis Festival) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Amritsar
Start point Treebo Dee Intercontinental, Hotel reception, Inside Ghee Mandi Gate, Golden Temple Rd, Amritsar, Punjab 143001, India 15:00
- Day 2: Travel to Dharamsala, home of the Dalai Lama
- Day 3: A free day to explore Dharamsala's temples
- Day 4: Drive to Mandi and visit the Tilonath Temple
- Day 5: Visit Nagar Castle en route to Manali
- Day 6: Take a walk through villages to aid acclimatisation
- Day 7: Cross the Rohtang La Pass (3977m) and visit the Khardang Monastery
- Day 8: Drive to Jespa
- Day 9: Drive to Sarchu via the Baralacha La Pass (4891m)
- Day 10: Experience the Gata Loops on the road to Leh
- Day 11: Spend a day watching the masked dances of the Hemis Festival
- Day 12: Visit the monasteries at Thiksey and Tak Tak
- Day 13: A chance to raft on the Indus River on the way to Alchi
- Day 14: Explore Saspol Caves and Rizong Monastery
- Day 15: Take a walk to Likir Gompa before returning to Leh
- Day 16: Fly to Delhi and explore the city
Day 17: Trip ends Delhi
End point Hotel Good Times, Hotel reception, 8/7, W.E.A. Karol Bagh, Opp. Ramjas School Pusa Road, Between Metro Piller No 87-88, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India 09:00
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ADavidMay 17, 2019already mentioned everything you might find useful, the only other thing I would share is sadly there was one person on the trip who seemed to make it their mission not to fit in...fortunately every other traveller was fun to be with and no one seemed... Show moreTrip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- APhilippaMay 17, 2019I think that more information could have been given about the climb to the Saspol Caves as the path was not stable due to loose rocks and stones and I didn't make it to the top as you had to scramble to get into the caves. Although I appreciate that... Show moreTrip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AStephenMay 17, 2019The tour notes don't really prepare you for the many very long journeys (usually 6 hours plus) over rough roads on this trip. I enjoyed the road journeys very much, but I can see that not everyone would. The mountain scenery is absolutely spectacular,... Show moreTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAnthonyMay 17, 2019If it is logistically possible it would have been interesting to drive up to the (by some calculations!) highest pass in the Himalayas just north of Leh. I appreciate that this would add in a long driving day.Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMargaretMay 17, 2019A fascinating trip with loads packed in but never feeling under pressure to rush through things too quickly. The right amount of down time for personal exploration or relaxing.Trip date: August 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AWeiMay 17, 2019Excellent trip made memorable by the excellent drivers and tour leader ( Sanjeev Gurung) and local guide in Ladakh ( Snam Gyalpo)Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- APamelaMay 17, 2019Just shorten by one day (see ininerary notes) as there was a bit of “dead time” on the Keylong/Jispa days.Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJonathanMay 17, 2019The attitude of the group leader made the trip more enjoyable and relaxing.Trip date: August 2018Review collected by Explore!
Little Tibet (Hemis Festival)
From Amritsar to New Delhi
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
Select Your Tour Version
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020MondayJul 6, 2020Sharing a twin roomTotal$2,470
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar