Azores Island Hopping
- Our saving
- US $ 1,891
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Circumnavigate Sete Cidades for stunning lake views
- Bathe in thermal springs and bubbling mud pools
- Walk through cliffs, valleys and gorges of Sao Jorge
- Enjoy a coastal walk to the whaling village of Lajes
- Discover the colourful history of Angra do Heroismo
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Plane, Ferry
- Travel style
- Walking Tour, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- LijaWritten on June 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Overall good itinerary and opportunity to see quite a lot from Azores. I would however prefer if more hikes were included in base package. Otherwise it was a bit of a mess and not so clear alternatives (and information materials on them seem to be a bit... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- SSimonWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
just that Mandy needs a medal !Review collected by Explore!
- EEstelleWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved it!Review collected by Explore!
- CCarolineWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Azores were interesting and beautiful islands which made for a unusual trip within the EU. The islands were much greener than expected and enjoyed going to some very special caves and lava pools. Definetly a gem of a destination as long as walking... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- KKathleenWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I have wanted to visit the Azores for 20 years. I am so glad O chose to make the journey with Explore -one of the most memorable and special places on our planet.. Thank you again Explore.Review collected by Explore!
- MMarionWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A most enjoyable visit to five fascinating islands. We found food much cheaper than in the UK, which was welcome, since there are quite a few expenses for extra activities.Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrewWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Considering our tour guide was pitched in at the last moment to replace Mandy, Coco did remarkably well with the issues she had to handle.Review collected by Explore!
- CColinWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
A couple of the walks were a bit tame or monotonous. Not sure 5 islands is right for the duration. 4 would have been better.Review collected by Explore!
- SSarahWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Mandy deserves to be nominated for Explore rep of the year.Review collected by Explore!
- YYvonneWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I look forward to my next Explore holiday!Review collected by Explore!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join tour at Ponta Delgada, on the island of Sao Miguel
Start point Residencial Sete Cidades, Hotel Reception, R. do Contador 20, 9500-050 Ponta Delgada, Portugal 19:00
- Day 2: Walk around Sete Cidades, see the colourful crater lakes
- Day 3: Enjoy lakeside walk and lunch amongst volcanic scenery
- Day 4: Free day; optional boat trip to look for whales
- Day 5: Fly to Terceira Island, explore Angra do Heroismo town
- Day 6: Coastal walk to Biscoitos
- Day 7: Fly to Sao Jorge Island, free time to explore Velas town
- Day 8: Walk through Caldeira de Cima gorge down to the coast
- Day 9: Free day; choice of optional walks
- Day 10: Ferry to Pico Island, free time to explore local area
- Day 11: Coastal walk to Lajes, optional boat trip
- Day 12: Free morning for optional walks, take the ferry to Faial Island
- Day 13: Free day; optional tour of island or boat trip
Day 14: Tour ends in Horta, Faial Island
End point Azoris Faial Garden, Hotel reception, Rua Cônsul Dabney, 9901-856 Horta, Portugal 09:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Nearly 50% of our customers travel solo
- Welcome to Explore
- Explore Walking Video
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynn9th June 2019
Azores Island Hopping
- Upcoming departures
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayJul 14, 2019to Horta10+ seats left$454$2,718-17%USD $2,264
- MondayJul 22, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to HortaOnly 2 seats left$454$2,718-17%USD $2,264
- MondayAug 5, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Horta8 seats left$454$2,718-17%USD $2,264
- MondaySep 2, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Horta6 seats left$444$2,659-17%USD $2,215
- MondaySep 16, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to HortaOnly 3 seats left$418$2,506-17%USD $2,087
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to HortaOnly 2 seats left$432$2,588-17%USD $2,156
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Horta10+ seats left$418$2,506-17%USD $2,087
- MondayOct 28, 2019from Ponta Delgada14 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Horta10+ seats left$379$2,271-17%USD $1,891
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Ponta Delgada is the starting point and Horta is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Explore! booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 August 2019 the full payment of $1,891 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1891 for Azores Island Hopping, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Ponta Delgada (Portugal)
- 17 km
- Sete Cidades (Portugal)
- 148 km
- Praia da Vitoria (Portugal)
- 16 km
- Angra do Heroismo (Portugal)
- 15 km
- Biscoitos (Portugal)
- 69 km
- Sao Jorge Island (Portugal)
- 35 km
- Pico Island (Portugal)
- 23 km
- Horta (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,891 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,623 tours in Europe
- covered by 557 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Azores Island Hopping via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,055 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours