Festive Season on the Legendary Danube
- Our saving
- US $ 2,419
- +7 Destinations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Day 2: PRAGUE
- Day 3: PRAGUE–NUREMBERG, GERMANY (EMBARKATION)
- Day 4: NUREMBERG
- Day 5: REGENSBURG
- Day 6: PASSAU
- Day 7: MELK–WACHAU VALLEY
- Day 8: VIENNA
- Day 9: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Day 10: BUDAPEST (DISEMBARKATION)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Avalon Waterways Ship
- Rather Poor
- RobertJacksonWritten on June 18, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything and everything was just perfectReview collected by Avalon Waterways
- RobertWritten on June 3, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great accommodations and service!Review collected by Avalon Waterways
- JSJaroslavWritten on May 3, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We were looked after very well. It was unfortunate, we had mechanical problem. Tony over came the problem by organising coaches and taking us out on excursions as best as possible. In Prague, Helena was our tour guide, we had many many tour guides, but... Read more
- CCosideWritten on January 22, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We didnt have low water issues. We loved the Danube cruise. Did alot on our own and saved 1000s. Avalon exceeded expectations. Only peculiar events were when docked aside other river boats. No big deal as we only spent nights on board. Views were... Read more
- NJNFNWritten on December 17, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had some trouble because the level of the river was low, and so a lot of our tour ended up being bus rides, and not on the boat as we were expecting. We received a partial refund for this, but it was not nearly enough to cover the amount of trip lost.... Read more
- EHEugeneWritten on November 6, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour checked off what it needed to do, but fall short of expectations on delivering a high end experience.
- JBJuneWritten on November 4, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Despite the conditions of the river and sometimes weather most things we enjoyed. Sometimes a little rushed going from a meal to a scheduled tour. Free time in most places pretty limited. Some items at breakfast not hot enough. Food presented was on the... Read more
- CCynthiacoolslartigueWritten on October 10, 20181.0 - BadShow detailed ratings
My husband and I were to board the ship "Illumination" on October 10th sailing from Budapest. We would be on our flight as I type but checking in 24 hours ago for our Lufthansa flight ago we realized that there was a problem. We then noticed that an email... Read more
- RVRiaanWritten on October 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our Blue Danube tour with Avalon was an experience of a lifetime. Although water levels were low and this required some tweaking to the itinerary, they managed it very well without detracting from the experience. Accommodation on the Avalon ship was of a... Read more
- KKKevinWritten on September 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I thought it very good. I will not repeat it, as it is an extreme indulgence. The tours were quite good. It would be excellent to include scientifically oriented discussions, e.g., on the changes to Weinbau due to global warming.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elgin4th July 2019
Festive Season on the Legendary Danube
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- MondayDec 9, 2019from Prague10 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Budapest7 seats left Avalon Artistry IIAvalon Artistry II$750$3,169-24%USD $2,419+ $182 TaxesBased on Category E TwinBook Online Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Prague is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 December 2019, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Avalon Waterways. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 95 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Avalon Waterways. Please familiarise yourself with the Avalon Waterways payment, cancellation and refund conditions. TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 250 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 23 km
- Roth (Germany)
- 78 km
- Regensburg (Germany)
- 110 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 69 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 88 km
- Wachau (Austria)
- 70 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,419 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,219 tours in Europe
- covered by 554 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Festive Season on the Legendary Danube