Best of Patagonia 13 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,728
- El Calafate
- +4 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Rather Poor
- SGSusanWritten on December 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Best of Patagonia 13 Days, El Calafate to Ushuaia, was a fantastic experience. The country was amazing, steppes, forests, the Andes Mountains, glaciers and beautiful deep blue coloured lakes. El Calafate and El Chalten were both very beautiful, El Chalten being the trekking capital of Argentina. Further south in the Chilean towns of Puerto Natales and Punta Arenas we continued to experience wonderful country. The bus ride from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia was long but again through interesting scenery and events - ferry crossing of the Magellan Staits, entering and leaving Chile and Argentina, and the wonder of the final passage into Ushuaia, the most southern city in the world. Transport was very comfortable, convenient and reliable, pick ups always being on time. Accommodation was very comfortable, breakfasts were great, and the staff very friendly and helpful. Any thing that needed attention was dealt with very quickly and in a very efficient manner. Fully recommended. Thank you to Lujan and Marcela for their prompt communication and suggestions to make our stay so memorable.Show detailed ratings
- LRLynetteWritten on June 3, 20174.0 - GoodThis trip was very good. Accommodation was also good however in El Calafate we were a long way from the township. Everywhere else was within easy walking distance. The tours included in this trip were well operated and most enjoyable. The public bus from Puerto Arenas to Ushuaia was not what we expected. Beautiful coach for the first 5 0r 6 hours. Then the bus was stopped and we all had to get off. The 4 people on the Say Hueque trip were told to get in a car and we were taken to the town Rio Grande.We didnt know what was going on and just told we would catch a local mini bus in an hour from there to Ushuaia. Very strange and no explanation given. This bus company should be investigated to see what is happening. I would definitely recommend this trip however, would suggest a stay in Terres del paine for an extra day to improve it.Show detailed ratings
- BMBruceWritten on April 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentSay Hueque did a great job for us. The process for designing the trip was smooth. We especially appreciated the guidance on hotel and restaurant choices, which worked out wonderfully. The assistance on the trip was also exceptional. The transit was always there on time. We made some adjustments during the trip, and they worked out well. The guides were friendly and knowledgable. (There was one element - the shared bus from El Calafate to Torres del Paine - which was pretty routine; we did not get the impression that the driver or guide were very concerned with the particular interests of their passengers. But other than that, the guides for the various tours/adventures were terrific.) And there were the unexpected "extras" - such as being given a package with great maps, etc. upon arriving at a destination - which we greatly appreciated. Finally, having the emergency number and text/message contact was comforting.Show detailed ratings
- KimWritten on October 20, 20163.5 - GoodWhen we booked this tour for some reason I had it in my head that it was a group guided tour, so was a bit disappointed to find that it was a self guided tour. It was a good itinerary although a lot of time on transport. My advise would be to follow the rough itinerary but book it yourself. Knowing a bit more about the area now too, I would also have preferred to do it in the opposite direction, starting in Ushuaia and working back up. The hotels were lovely, and all the transport, pickups and tours worked seamlessly and we had a good time during the tour. Just felt it was something we could have organised ourselves, but very convienient ti have it done for you.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 12, 20135.0 - ExcellentWe enjoyed our trip to Patagonia, which went very well thanks to everyone at Say Heuque and to your agents. It was great to be met by yourself at the Buenos Aires airport and the gift of a bottle of wine was a nice surprise. Your introduction and explanation of the tour was very well presented. We really appreciated the effort that everyone at Say Hueque made to ensure that there was always someone to meet us at each section of the journey. We were satisfied with the hotels and particularly liked the Tribeca and Patagonia Jarke and enjoyed the excursions, especially in Ushuaia. We really enjoyed the food and of course the wine of Argentina, which was also pretty good in Chile, too! It would have been even better if we able to speak more Spanish (us lazy English travellers, you see) but everyone seemed very forgiving. We would have no hesitation in recommending your company and can assure that anyone booking a holiday from this side of the Atlantic Ocean need have no worries if they ask Say Hueque to tailor-make them a tour. Pat and Alan Hill March 2012 http://www.sayhueque.com/trip-reviews.php#
- JacksonWritten on May 11, 20124.5 - ExcellentI am usually the sort of person to arrange my travel independently, but for my trip to Patagonia I made an exception. This proved to be a very wise idea indeed; without Say Hueque's expertise, reasonable pricing and astute care, I was able to make the most of my limited time in Patagonia. Their itinerary turned out to be based on a large amount of experience. I had just enough time in each place. The bus journeys were well planned in particular (I appreciated sitting for a day or so to get to Puerto Natales after several days hiking in El Chalten!), and I enjoyed all their suggested activities and places to eat. Most importantly, I never felt like I was wasting time anywhere! It was clear to me the operators that Say Hueque are the best in the area. All the guides were unmatched in their ability and knowledge, and the transfers were efficient and prompt. None of these companies or places to stay let me down in the least. I enjoyed all of the places they arranged for me to stay, especially in Punta Arenas and Calafate. Even when I had to go to a different hostel one night, Say Heuque's reputation and the good contact between me and my agent helped me overcome what would have otherwise been a difficult situation. The excursions were all enjoyable. I thought they balanced each other out quite well, adding just the right amount of action and comfort without being stuck in a touristy group. Summing up, my trip to Patagonia would not have been nearly as smooth or enjoyable without Say Hueque. I was extremely happy I chose to use them, and would definitely go to them for my next adventure in South America.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 01 El Calafate
- Day 02 El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier
- Day 03 El Calafate
- Day 04 El Calafate to El Chalten
- Day 05 El Chalten
- Day 06 El Chalten to El Calafate
- Day 07 El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- Day 08 Torres del Paine Tour
- Day 09 Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas
- Day 10 Punta Arenas to Ushuaia
- Day 11 Ushuaia: Trekking & Canoeing in Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Day 12 Ushuaia: Beagle Channel Cruise
- Day 13 Ushuaia
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the National Park entrance fees included?
The National Park entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid in cash using the local currency or US dollars.
Is there a hotel list available?
This is a list of accommodations in each destination that the operator will typically use on this tour, however please be aware that these are subject to change. Your specific accommodation details will be listed in your final tour documents.
Cyan Calafate Hotel
Rincon del Calafate
Cauquenes de Nimez
Cumbres Nevadas Hotel
Hostería El Paraiso
Posada del Barranco
Francis Drake Hostal
Big Bang Patagonia
Hotel Carpa Manzano
Hotel Rosa de los Vientos
Hosteria Del Recodo
The tour package listed on the TourRadar website is based on Inn / B&B style accommodation, however upgraded accommodations are available in each destination for an additional cost. Please contact our Travel Experts if you would like to know more about upgrading your accommodation.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course we can! If you wish to arrange additional accommodation then please contact our customer support team once you have a confirmed booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
Best of Patagonia 13 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- FridaySep 28, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- SundaySep 30, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- MondayOct 8, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- FridayOct 12, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysWednesdayOct 24, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from El Calafate13 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Ushuaia10+ seats left$72USD $1,728
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- PesoArgentina and Chile
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- El Calafate is the starting point and Ushuaia is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this Say Hueque Argentina & Chile Journeys booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,728 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1728 for Best of Patagonia 13 Days, but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Say Hueque Argentina & Chile Journeys will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Say Hueque Argentina & Chile Journeys tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- El Calafate (Argentina)
- 121 km
- El Chalten (Argentina)
- 183 km
- Torres del Paine National Park (Chile)
- 108 km
- Puerto Natales (Chile)
- 191 km
- Punta Arenas (Chile)
- 250 km
- Ushuaia (Argentina)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,728 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,732 tours in Latin America
- covered by 144 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Patagonia 13 Days via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Patagonia 13 Days