The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 66:29:02
- Our saving
- US $ 2,357
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Herceg Novi
Start in Skopje and end in Herceg Novi! With the adventure tour The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje, you have a 13 day tour package taking you through Skopje, Macedonia and 12 other destinations in Europe. The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Other reviews about Nature Trips:Write a review
- GalihPrameswari's review about another Nature Trips tour5.0 - ExcellentWe're sorry that we can only give this travel tour 5 stars -- we'd have preferred 10 stars or more! What an awesome tri... Read more
- Melanie Cox's review about another Nature Trips tour4.5 - Excellent...oat crew was memorable and made us feel very comfortable. The team at Nature Trips have also been very helpful to reply to us on time and adapt to chang... Read more
- Gina Sheehan's review about another Nature Trips tour4.5 - ExcellentThe cruise was everything that we hoped for: freshly cooked meals, excellent service from the crew and so relaxing. Woul... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 - ARRIVAL SKOPJE AIRPORT Arrival at Skopje airport and transfer to the hotel. Guided city tour (depends on arrival time).
- DAY 2 - MATKA CANYON / NIS ( Macedonia) Transfer to the Matka Gorge (30min). Boat trip in the Matka canyon to the Vrelo Cave. 1h walking tour back to the restaurant in the Matka canyon. Ascend +30m/ descend-30m. Lunch in the Matka canyon restaurant. In the afternoon, transfer to the town of Nis in Serbia (3 hours).
- DAY 3 - NIS CITY TOUR / LATKOVAC VILLAGE ( Serbia) Guided city tour of Nis in the morning. Birthplace of the Roman emperor Constantine the Great, the city of Nis still embodies the combination of exotic East and elegant West. During the day you can visit its numerous museums and sites of great historical importance, like the Mediana archaeological site (remains of a luxurious Roman settlement), the Nis fortress (best preserved Ottoman fort in this part of the Balkans) or “Cele kula” (“The Skull tower“, a unique structure built by the order of the Ottoman Hursid pasha using the skulls of Serbian soldiers killed in the Battle of Cegar during the First Serbian uprising). The main street will take you to the monument to Stevan Sremac and KalÄa, where you should definitely turn into the cobble street “Kazandzijsko sokace”, and stop for a coffee. Transfer to Latkovac village (120 km, 2h30). Dinner in ethno village Latkovac.
- DAY 4 - UVAC MEANDERS / SJENICA ( Serbia) In the morning, transfer to Sjenica (150 km, 3h30). Coffee and toilet break in the city. Continue to our starting point for the boat trip. Boat trip lasts 1h30. Visit the Ice cave (20min) and see the nests of the griffon vultures. After the boat ride, we will have a walk to the viewpoint Molitva (1257m). Amazing viewpoint overlooking the meanders of the Uvac Lake and the griffon vultures. Walk back to the starting point. Transfer to the town of Sjenica. Walk: 8 km (ascent 200m/ descent 250m)
- DAY 5 - SARGAN EIGHT / MOKRA GORA ( Serbia)
- DAY 6 - TARA NATIONAL PARK (Serbia) In the morning, we will have the transfer to Mitrovac (1h). Walk to Tepih Livada (Carpet Meadow) and Red stream. Continue walking to the viewpoint Banjska Stena (1065m) and back to Mitrovac. It is interesting loop tour with great views. The Tara national park, with its endlessly green and dense forests, vast meadows, lush pastures, mesmerizing lakes and breathtaking peaks, has all the attributes it needs to steal your heart away. After the walk, we’ll have the transfer back to the hotel where you will have the opportunity to enjoy your free time. Walk: 13 km (ascent 300m/descent 300m)
- DAY 7 - VISEGRAD / SARAJEVO Crossing over into Bosnia Herzegovina this morning we drive to Visegrad on the Drina River, site of the famous ‘Bridge over the Drina’ from the novel by Nobel Prize-winning author Ivo AndriÄ. The bridge itself dates back to the time of the Ottoman Turks and has spanned the Drina since the latter years of the 16th century. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the bridge has long been an iconic symbol of the region. From here we continue to Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina’s vibrant capital, a city famed for centuries of religious diversity and often called the ‘Jerusalem of Europe’. Afternoon guided tour of Sarajevo (2h).
- DAY 8 - MOSTAR ( Bosnia Herzegovina) Transfer to Mostar (1h45). On the way to Mostar, we will stop in Konjic and visit Tito's bunker. This shelter has devices and systems of communication that nobody knew they existed at the time! Up until the 1990s, this shelter was the biggest military secret. Tito's bunker or ARK, which stands for the Atomic War Command, was the biggest secret of former Yugoslavia. Continue to Mostar after the visit. Set on the banks of the Neretva River, historic Mostar is the largest and most important city in the Herzegovina region. One of the most beautiful towns in the entire country, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is divided by the Neretva, with Croats on one side and Muslims on the other, reflecting its rich cultural heritage. Founded by the Turks during the 15th century and expanded by the Habsburgs 300 years later, the town and its historic old bridge (the Stari Most) were badly damaged during the Balkan conflict of the early 1990s. The old Ottoman bridge was rebuilt after the war, as was much of the old city and today it has been restored to its former glory. After a tour of the city, the rest of the day is free to explore this lovely old town at your leisure.
- DAY 9 - TVRDOS MONASTERY / TREBINJE ( Bosnia Herzegovina) and KOTOR Heading towards the Adriatic, our next stop on this fascinating journey is the town of Trebinje, in the south-eastern corner of Herzegovina (130 km, 2h20). Lying along the banks of the Trebišnjica River, just across the border from Dubrovnik, the town once commanded the road between Ragusa and Constantinople and its environs are scattered with old mills and bridges, including the attractive Ottoman Arsalangic Bridge that was built in the 16th century and is considered by many to be one of the finest of its kind in the country. On arriva, we will pay a visit to the charming 15th century Tvrdos Monastery, which is very famous for a wine and grape production. So, we will have a wine tasting in the Tvrdos Monastery. Later, we will transfer to Kotor (2h).
- DAY 10 KOTOR / KOTOR BAY (Montenegro) Walk on the Kotor walls (2h long walking, +/- 300m). Free time in the Old Town of Kotor. AfternoOn optional boat trip into the Kotor Bay to Gospa od Skrpjela islets, Perast town and back to Kotor (price-150EUR for all group).
- DAY 11 - HERCEG NOVI / DUBROVNIK Today we transfer to Dubrovnik (Croatia). Before we set in Dubrovnik for the next 2 nights, we will stop in a charming coastal town of Herceg Novi. Explore the old town visit of the ancient Venetian fortress, the Michael's Archangel Orthodox Church and free time for lunch. Transfer to Dubrovnik (1h10).
- DAY 13 - DEPARTURE Transfer to the airport. Meals included Breakfast
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Skopje13 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Skopje13 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Skopje13 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Skopje13 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Skopje13 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Skopje13 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Skopje13 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Skopje13 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Herceg Novi10+ seats left$98USD $2,357
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Skopje is the starting point and Herceg Novi is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Nature Trips booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $2,357 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2357 for The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Nature Trips will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Nature Trips tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 809 km.
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 13 km
- Matka (Macedonia)
- 158 km
- Nis (Serbia)
- 75 km
- Latkovac (Serbia)
- 84 km
- Sjenica (Serbia)
- 70 km
- Mokra Gora (Serbia)
- 18 km
- Tara National Park (Serbia)
- 90 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 82 km
- Trebinje (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,357 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Balkan Adventure Tour -13 days/12 nights from Skopje via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 21,997 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours