European Magic (9 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,183
- Explore Amsterdam's Red Light District
- Float into Venice by boat
- Taste test specialty Swiss chocolates
- Tour the Fragonard perfumery of Paris
- Rather Poor
- CLChrisWritten on July 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was awesome! Best thing I've ever done!Show detailed ratings
- MFMeganWritten on June 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was an amazing tour! It was jammed packed but so fun!!Show detailed ratings
- TMTatiannaWritten on March 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur European Magic Contiki was a life changing experience! Meeting new people, seeing new places and learning about the history of it all truly was memorable. Rhett & Dom were so rich in knowledge and travelling alongside them was an honour. Definitely going to travel with Contiki again!Show detailed ratings
- Min HongWritten on December 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour is amazing as we have covered so many countries in so little time. I even had the chance to visit the Louvre and had a selfie with Mona Lisa! Also, very fortunately, we have a very entertaining , high-energy tour guide Ms Cerrie who came out with games and activities to keep us occupied. Her knowledge of European history is excellent and we were all mesmerised by her ability to share the history in a story-telling way ! Not only that, Cerrie is an experienced tour manager and she put in a lot of efforts to ensure things running smoothly. For eg the moment we arrived at the restaurants, meals were ready. And a lot of tips of where to eat, shop and party. It’s worth mentioning the bus ride, although it can be fairly Long but the bus captain Mr OJ made it a smooth one. All the goods aside, I only have a pet peeve which is there is too much drinking because I am not so much of a drinker. But overall I can tell the group (huge group of 52 people) all enjoyed the tour very much.Show detailed ratings
- MTMikaylaWritten on July 31, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy European magic tour was awesome!! Ellie was our guide and she was so knowledgeable and helpful about where we were going and stuff to do. Our driver Pedro was phenomenal and always brought smiles to our faces! This tour is VERY fast paced. Please don't consider this tour if you want a lot of time in each city and you don't want early mornings. It takes time to drive to each place, so you are on the bus for a decent amount of time and you only get a few hours in some of the places! If you want to get a taste of each city than this is the tour for you! It will allow you to see which cities you like and which ones you would like to come back too! The me time optionals are obviously optional but most of the group chooses to do them so if you don't do them you will have to find something to do on your own. The moulin rouge show is expensive but it was AMAZING and you def should check it out. If you want to save money skip out on the Venitian dinner, wasn't that great!Show detailed ratings
- JJayWritten on June 4, 20172.5 - AverageThe good, the bad and the ugly.Show detailed ratings
- TtimWritten on May 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentCouldn't imagine doing a tour with any other managerShow detailed ratings
- MCMarleneWritten on May 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentMaite is very friendly, approachable and lots of fun to be with.Show detailed ratings
- JTJessWritten on April 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentI was fortunate enough to have megs as our tour guide! She made the experience of travelling Europe go above and beyond my expectations. The recommendations on some of the simplest things made such a difference and of course the food was just incredible! I would go back to megs in a heart beat!Show detailed ratings
- TTaliahWritten on April 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentOh man, where do I start?? My husband and I got back this week from the European Magic tour with Megs. I was completely blown away by her knowledge, enthusiasm, and organization. Our trip was so amazing and stress free, and Megs definitely exceeded our expectations. I have a gluten allergy, so Megs even made a special map for me of gluten free restaurants in Italy. You can definitely tell how passionate she is not only about travel, but about creating the best experience and vacation possible individually, and as a "contiki family". I have traveled on my own quite a bit, but we are already planning our next trip with Megs. Thanks for the trip of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Venice via Innsbruck
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Lucerne
- Day 7: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 8: Paris
- Day 9: Paris to London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Winter & Ski: hit the slopes with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Royal National Hotel in London at 6.30 am, however, you can also choose to meet up with your group in Amsterdam at Tulip Inn at 5 pm instead. Please be aware that both starting hotels are subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available for this tour so you will need to make your own way from and to the airport at the end of the tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. This is a list of hotels that Contiki typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change until your final travel documents are released:
Tulip Inn, Amsterdam Riverside
Acomhotel, Munchen Haar
Hotel Garden, Venice
Ibis Budget Hotel, Luzern City
Campanile Paris Sud Porte d`Italie Hotel, Paris
Guides who have led this tour
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
European Magic (9 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from London10 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to London9 seats left$52USD $2,061
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from London10 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Paris9 seats left$52USD $2,061
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from London10 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to London10+ seats left$52USD $2,061
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from London10 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$52USD $2,061
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from London10 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to London10+ seats left$52USD $2,061
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from London10 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$52USD $2,061
- FridayOct 19, 2018from London10 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to London0 seats left$42USD $1,696Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayOct 19, 2018from London10 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Paris0 seats left$42USD $1,696Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayOct 26, 2018from London10 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to London10+ seats left$42USD $1,696
- FridayOct 26, 2018from London10 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$42USD $1,696
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Austria , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 October 2018 the full payment of $1,183 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1183 for European Magic (9 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 315 km
- St Goar (Germany)
- 360 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 97 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 215 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
- 263 km
- Dover (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,183 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,984 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 85 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Magic (9 Days)