European Magic (9 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,030
- Explore Amsterdam's Red Light District
- Float into Venice by boat
- Taste test specialty Swiss chocolates
- Tour the Fragonard perfumery of Paris
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- TMTatiannaWritten on March 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur European Magic Contiki was a life changing experience! Meeting new people, seeing new places and learning about the history of it all truly was memorable. Rhett & Dom were so rich in knowledge and travelling alongside them was an honour. Definitely going to travel with Contiki again!Show detailed ratings
- Min HongWritten on December 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour is amazing as we have covered so many countries in so little time. I even had the chance to visit the Louvre and had a selfie with Mona Lisa! Also, very fortunately, we have a very entertaining , high-energy tour guide Ms Cerrie who came out with games and activities to keep us occupied. Her knowledge of European history is excellent and we were all mesmerised by her ability to share the history in a story-telling way ! Not only that, Cerrie is an experienced tour manager and she put in a lot of efforts to ensure things running smoothly. For eg the moment we arrived at the restaurants, meals were ready. And a lot of tips of where to eat, shop and party. It’s worth mentioning the bus ride, although it can be fairly Long but the bus captain Mr OJ made it a smooth one. All the goods aside, I only have a pet peeve which is there is too much drinking because I am not so much of a drinker. But overall I can tell the group (huge group of 52 people) all enjoyed the tour very much.Show detailed ratings
- MTMikaylaWritten on July 31, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy European magic tour was awesome!! Ellie was our guide and she was so knowledgeable and helpful about where we were going and stuff to do. Our driver Pedro was phenomenal and always brought smiles to our faces! This tour is VERY fast paced. Please don't consider this tour if you want a lot of time in each city and you don't want early mornings. It takes time to drive to each place, so you are on the bus for a decent amount of time and you only get a few hours in some of the places! If you want to get a taste of each city than this is the tour for you! It will allow you to see which cities you like and which ones you would like to come back too! The me time optionals are obviously optional but most of the group chooses to do them so if you don't do them you will have to find something to do on your own. The moulin rouge show is expensive but it was AMAZING and you def should check it out. If you want to save money skip out on the Venitian dinner, wasn't that great!Show detailed ratings
- JJayWritten on June 4, 20172.5 - AverageThe good, the bad and the ugly.Show detailed ratings
- TtimWritten on May 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentCouldn't imagine doing a tour with any other managerShow detailed ratings
- JTJessWritten on April 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentI was fortunate enough to have megs as our tour guide! She made the experience of travelling Europe go above and beyond my expectations. The recommendations on some of the simplest things made such a difference and of course the food was just incredible! I would go back to megs in a heart beat!Show detailed ratings
- TTaliahWritten on April 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentOh man, where do I start?? My husband and I got back this week from the European Magic tour with Megs. I was completely blown away by her knowledge, enthusiasm, and organization. Our trip was so amazing and stress free, and Megs definitely exceeded our expectations. I have a gluten allergy, so Megs even made a special map for me of gluten free restaurants in Italy. You can definitely tell how passionate she is not only about travel, but about creating the best experience and vacation possible individually, and as a "contiki family". I have traveled on my own quite a bit, but we are already planning our next trip with Megs. Thanks for the trip of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- KRKathleenWritten on April 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentI recently went on the European Magic tour with Megs and it was unforgettable. Within the first day Megs pushed you outside your comfort zone in the best way possible to make new friends that became family over the next 8 days. She was so knowledgeable about every aspect of the trip. I felt like I had the best history teacher that made things fun and interesting, but at the same time was the life of the party. I could tell she really enjoyed her role as tour manager and saw to it that everyone had the time of their lives. You can tell she puts countless hours and effort into what she loves doing from the artwork and info on the day sheets that prepared you for the day, the choreographed playlists and games to keep you awake and ready to carry on, and the exciting history lessons/fun facts of the next country we were going to see. I would highly recommmend booking a trip with Megs. She made it unforgettable.Show detailed ratings
- DDooliiWritten on April 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was even more than expected wanna thank meggs soo much for being yhe best tour manager and an awesome guide, really cant imagine the trip without her and mikki tooShow detailed ratings
- TTalyaWritten on April 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was even mOre than I expected! Megs was the best guide you could ask for-so funny, super organised and knowledgeable and always giving us good tips. She goes the extra mile in each country like teaching us about the language, culture, clothing and food. Megs becomes your friend♡ The coach was comfortable and safe and the accommodation was clean and neat.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Lucerne
- Day 7: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 8: Paris
- Day 9: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 15, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Royal National Hotel in London at 6.30 am, however, you can also choose to meet up with your group in Amsterdam at Tulip Inn at 5 pm instead. Please be aware that both starting hotels are subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 15, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, airport transfers are not available for this tour and you will, therefore, have to make your own way from and to the airport.
- May 15, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. This is a list of hotels that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Tulip Inn, Amsterdam Riverside
Acomhotel, Munchen Haar
Hotel Garden, Venice
Ibis Budget Hotel, Luzern City
Campanile Paris Sud Porte d`Italie Hotel, Paris
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Doris3rd February 2018
European Magic (9 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to London8 seats left$82USD $1,979
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Paris8 seats left$82USD $1,979
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to London10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to London10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from London10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from London10 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to London10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from London10 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from London10 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to London10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from London10 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$84USD $2,020
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Austria , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 July 2018 the full payment of $1,030 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1030 for European Magic (9 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 315 km
- St Goar (Germany)
- 360 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 97 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 215 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
- 263 km
- Dover (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,030 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,926 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 80 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Magic (9 Days)