Land of Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 811
- +7 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Explore Reykjavik and unwind in the Blue Lagoon
- Opt to take glacier walk through an icy kingdom
- Marvel at the crashing Skógafoss waterfall
- Learn about the hardy Icelandic horses
- Keep watch for the Aurora Borealis
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, TUE or THU: WELCOME TO ICELAND (50 km/31 mls)
- Day 2, WED or FRI: REYKJAVIK CITY TOUR, THE BLUE LAGOON & REYKJANES PENINSULA (220 km/137 mls)
- Day 3, THU or SAT: SOUTH ICELAND WITH OPTIONAL GLACIER HIKE (200 km/124 mls)
- Day 4, FRI or SUN: HORSES & GOLDEN CIRCLE (210 km/130 mls)
- Day 5, SAT or MON: DEPARTURE HOME (50 km/31 mls)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JenniferWritten on April 9, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a really great time on this tour and we even saw the Northern lights! Pros: Small group size. Nice transportation with free wi-fi on board. Knowledgeable guide that gave a TON of information. We did even more than what is given in the itinerary and... Read more
- NavWritten on April 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We loved the country so much we are planning on coming back. Peaceful, beautiful and proud people.
- RAruthWritten on April 3, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I’ve been recommending this awesome tour. An amazing way to explor Iceland. GJ travel and Erynn our tourr guide were fantastic
- PaulaWritten on March 3, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had an amazing time on our Land of Northern Lights tour from GJ Travel with our guide Freyja and bus driver Helga. Both were really informative, helpful and friendly and ensured we had a great holiday. Our accommodation was simple but that was as we... Read more
- JOJohnWritten on February 12, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great trip! Our guide was very knowledgeable and made several extra stops. We loved every minute of it and were treated to a fantastic light show!
- PDPraptiWritten on January 18, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Guide could have been more helpful and friendly and regarding Northern lights you'll should take us to place near glacier where it can be seen clearly
- PLPuiWritten on December 19, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was overall nice. We were able to go to the main spots of the south of Iceland within our 3 day tour. Although I understand this is a budget tour, accommodation could have been better. It would also be great if there was a tour guide who can give... Read more
- RARozitaWritten on November 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a wonderful time in Iceland! The tour was well organised and covered the beautiful and interesting places in Iceland. Over the 3 days tour we felt that we had gone to so many places. Our guide, Simone de Greef, was simply superb. Very informative... Read more
- CTCelesteWritten on November 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The guide was very friendly and informative throughout the tour. The group size was under 20 people and was well organised, a very fun trip!
- LGLawrenceWritten on November 7, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The itinerary was perfct for a short trip and the bus and guide were excellent. Bus was comfortable and guide was interactive and congenial with vast knowledge of Iceland. We did not see the Northern Lights due to cloud cover every night but we accepted... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours, therefore it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on tour.
GJ travel will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed. That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to travelling the famous Golden Circle and taking on an optional glacier hike.
What are the inclusions?
The inclusions of this tour are as follows:
Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide)
Fully escorted 3-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
4-nights budget accommodation, in rooms with private shower/wc (see information below) or hotel upgrade option
Entrance with towel at Blue Lagoon
Entrance fee to Skógar folk museum and turf houses
Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
Northern Lights program during 2 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights and midnight refreshments
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Say Yes to Iceland
- Land of the Northern Lights
- TourRadar presents GJ Travel
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jennifer11th February 2019
Land of Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- TuesdaySep 17, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayOct 8, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayOct 15, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayOct 22, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayOct 29, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayNov 5, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 9, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayNov 12, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 16, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
- TuesdayNov 19, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 23, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$25USD $811
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 28 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 28 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with GJ Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of GJ Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the GJ Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $811 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Land of Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of Northern Lights