Land of Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 768
- +7 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Explore Reykjavik and unwind in the Blue Lagoon
- Opt to take glacier walk through an icy kingdom
- Marvel at the crashing Skógafoss waterfall
- Learn about the hardy Icelandic horses
- Keep watch for the Aurora Borealis
- Rather Poor
- PLPuiWritten on December 19, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was overall nice. We were able to go to the main spots of the south of Iceland within our 3 day tour. Although I understand this is a budget tour, accommodation could have been better. It would also be great if there was a tour guide who can give... Read more
- RARozitaWritten on November 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a wonderful time in Iceland! The tour was well organised and covered the beautiful and interesting places in Iceland. Over the 3 days tour we felt that we had gone to so many places. Our guide, Simone de Greef, was simply superb. Very informative... Read more
- CTCelesteWritten on November 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The guide was very friendly and informative throughout the tour. The group size was under 20 people and was well organised, a very fun trip!
- LGLawrenceWritten on November 7, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The itinerary was perfct for a short trip and the bus and guide were excellent. Bus was comfortable and guide was interactive and congenial with vast knowledge of Iceland. We did not see the Northern Lights due to cloud cover every night but we accepted... Read more
- SSShagunWritten on October 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was an absolutely well managed tour! We ended up seeing a lot in the 3 days and got lucky with the northern lights! Anais was very knowledgable and her dry sense of humour kept us entertained throughout. The stay in hella was really really nice! I... Read more
- APAntoninoWritten on September 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Very nice tour with lots of different interesting things packed in 3 days. The mini bus could be a bit more spacious.
- AAnonymousWritten on April 7, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Amazing, breathtaking scenery. As a group we were luck enough to see the northern lights on our first night, which was a totally fantastic experience.
- JTJeremyWritten on February 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had the upgrade and the Hotel was not bad there were a few minor issues with the first room, Plaza Central, which had a slightly warn carpet. The Breakfasts in the two hotels were very good were presented and offered a very wide choice. the staff were... Read more
- STsweeWritten on January 8, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
1. Tour Guide was either not informed of the passengers to be picked up, no list given to them as She left the hotel without waiting on the schedule time given. Our schedule pick up in our itinerary clearly stated 9,15am and we were at the lobby at 9.05am.... Read more
- HJhajongWritten on December 1, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had an awesome time! Especially our guide Katrina was very professional, knowledgeable and funny.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, TUE or THU: WELCOME TO ICELAND (50 km/31 mls)
- Day 2, WED or FRI: REYKJAVIK CITY TOUR, THE BLUE LAGOON & REYKJANES PENINSULA (220 km/137 mls)
- Day 3, THU or SAT: SOUTH ICELAND WITH OPTIONAL GLACIER HIKE (200 km/124 mls)
- Day 4, FRI or SUN: HORSES & GOLDEN CIRCLE (210 km/130 mls)
- Day 5, SAT or MON: DEPARTURE HOME (50 km/31 mls)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Say Yes to Iceland
- Land of the Northern Lights
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours, therefore it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on tour.
GJ travel will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed. That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to travelling the famous Golden Circle and taking on an optional glacier hike.
What are the inclusions?
The inclusions of this tour are as follows:
Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide)
Fully escorted 3-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
4-nights budget accommodation, in rooms with private shower/wc (see information below) or hotel upgrade option
Entrance with towel at Blue Lagoon
Entrance fee to Skógar folk museum and turf houses
Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
Northern Lights program during 2 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights and midnight refreshments
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Brooke26th October 2018
Land of Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- TuesdayJan 22, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayJan 26, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- ThursdayJan 24, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayJan 28, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$212$980-22%USD $768
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayJan 30, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- TuesdayJan 29, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayFeb 2, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- ThursdayJan 31, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayFeb 4, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$212$980-22%USD $768
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayFeb 6, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- TuesdayFeb 5, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- ThursdayFeb 7, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayFeb 11, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$212$980-22%USD $768
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayFeb 13, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$20USD $960
- TuesdayFeb 12, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayFeb 16, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$212$980-22%USD $768
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 March 2019 the full payment of $768 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $768 for Land of Northern Lights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $768 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,187 tours in Europe
- covered by 330 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Land of Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of Northern Lights