Land of Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 803
- +7 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Explore the highlights of Iceland's exciting capital
- Soak in the famous Blue Lagoon
- Take in the magnificent Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Visit Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on April 7, 20183.5 - GoodAmazing, breathtaking scenery. As a group we were luck enough to see the northern lights on our first night, which was a totally fantastic experience.Show detailed ratings
- JTJeremyWritten on February 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had the upgrade and the Hotel was not bad there were a few minor issues with the first room, Plaza Central, which had a slightly warn carpet. The Breakfasts in the two hotels were very good were presented and offered a very wide choice. the staff were all very friendly and all spoke excellent English. The Tour was well organised and our tour guide, knew her business and the Bus always seemed to arrive at the various, sites when there were few other buses there. This did add to the enjoyment as we were never, rushed or crowded. Going early on the day prior to the Tour starting and leaving late on the day after allowed, us to have a good look around Reykjavik., We missed the Lights themselves but we may return again.Show detailed ratings
- STsweeWritten on January 8, 20183.0 - Average1. Tour Guide was either not informed of the passengers to be picked up, no list given to them as She left the hotel without waiting on the schedule time given. Our schedule pick up in our itinerary clearly stated 9,15am and we were at the lobby at 9.05am. 2. The Tour operator should contact us the night before or at least inform the hotel reception. 3. There was not only not apology from the guide but kept repeating twice that if we are late to the next lunch schedule it would make us unpopular and embarrassing. I find this attitude not only unfriendly but insulting.Show detailed ratings
- HJhajongWritten on December 1, 20174.0 - GoodWe had an awesome time! Especially our guide Katrina was very professional, knowledgeable and funny.Show detailed ratings
- HMHadrianWritten on November 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe've just returned from Land of the Northern Lights 5 day tour. It was incredible! Our driver/guide was "Rock Rock" who was extremely informative about Icelandic culture and had a sense of humour, What made the tour so good was a group size of only 18 and we became friends with a number of other tour members. The bus was clean and comfortable and we managed to miss many of the larger coach party's when visiting the popular sights. The accommodation was very basic even though we upgraded but the hotels were clean, comfortable and perfectly adequate for 1 or 2 nights. We had read previous negative reviews about GJ Travel but our trip was thoroughly enjoyable and we wouldn't hesitate using them again.Show detailed ratings
- CHClaireWritten on November 4, 20174.0 - GoodFantastic small tour booked through Tourradar. Got exactly what was advertised with an awesome local tour guide. Highly recommend.Show detailed ratings
- ALAnnaWritten on November 3, 20172.0 - Rather poorIceland is a beautiful country. Unfortunately, our tour guide ruined it for us. She did not introduce herself at fhe beginning of the tour, did not bother learning anyone's names, did not smile more than once and consistently spoke in a monotonous tone. Our old and run down bus was infested with flies and did not have proper insulation. Luckily, we met fantastic fellow travellers and banded together to find ways to make the best of an unfortunate and very expensive tour. Would not recommend.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, TUE or THU: WELCOME TO ICELAND (50 km/31 mls)
- Day 2, WED or FRI: REYKJAVIK CITY TOUR, THE BLUE LAGOON & REYKJANES PENINSULA (220 km/137 mls)
- Day 3, THU or SAT: SOUTH ICELAND WITH OPTIONAL GLACIER HIKE (200 km/124 mls)
- Day 4, FRI or SUN: HORSES & GOLDEN CIRCLE (210 km/130 mls)
- Day 5, SAT or MON: DEPARTURE HOME (50 km/31 mls)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Say Yes to Iceland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
GJ travel will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to travelling the famous Golden Circle and taking on an optional glacier hike.
Are there vegetarian meals available (no meat, no fish, eggs are okay)?
Yes, vegetarian meals are available.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Land of Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$181$984-18%USD $803
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $945
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$181$984-18%USD $803
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $945
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $945
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$181$984-18%USD $803
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$181$984-18%USD $803
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $945
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$134$984-14%USD $850
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$134$984-14%USD $850
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $803 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $803 for Land of Northern Lights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $803 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Land of Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of Northern Lights